Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get your buckets and spades ready we're off to ........

+8
lualen
David Tee
Tina Sparkle
jingle
Sid
saxonsiren
mauveangel09
Poppetlovestango
12 posters

Go down

Get your buckets and spades ready we're off to ........ Empty Get your buckets and spades ready we're off to ........

Post  Poppetlovestango Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:26 pm

BLACKPOOL Saturday 17th Nov:cheers: cheers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2013/46/strictly-come-dancing.html

Hope the link works, this is for the week before (9th)  but asks who will be going to
Blackpool.

Smile
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Get your buckets and spades ready we're off to ........ Empty Re: grab your buckets and spades we're off to Blackpool

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:35 pm

Nice one and well spotted.
Looks like it might be replacing the Wembley night? Much better - I will look forward to this. I expect this is the one that all the couples will be aiming for.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Get your buckets and spades ready we're off to ........ Empty Re: Get your buckets and spades ready we're off to ........

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:41 pm

Blackpool great! I missed it last year.It is the home of Ballroom Dancing after all.Wembley yes had more facilitiy to accomodate vast seats fir the public yet lacked the intimacy of Blackpool.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Get your buckets and spades ready we're off to ........ Empty Get your buckets and spades ready we're off to ........

Post  Poppetlovestango Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:45 pm

Just incase you can't get the link open

Saturday 9 November
This weekend Tess Daly is joined by Claudia Winkleman to present Strictly Come Dancing, as the 10 remaining couples take to the dance floor.

The stakes are higher than ever as each couple are not only dancing to stay in the competition, but for the chance to dance at the iconic Blackpool Tower Ballroom next weekend.

While judges L.en Goodman, Darcey Bussell, Silver tongued Italian Stallion Tonioli and C.raig Revel Horwood critique each couple, Claudia will be getting reactions from the stars hot off the dancefloor, before the voting lines open and the Strictly viewers cast their votes to save their favourite.

Mauveangel as you say looks like Wembley has been shelved this year which IMO is a good thing.

Saxs you're so right much more atmosphere at the Tower

Last edited by Poppetlovestango on Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot the year)
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Get your buckets and spades ready we're off to ........ Empty Re: Get your buckets and spades ready we're off to ........

Post  Sid Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:00 pm

Hurray!

I didn't enjoy Wembley week. I'm sure the atmosphere was incredible for those who were actually there but the occasion didn't translate well to our living rooms. The dancers got swallowed up by the huge arena and that hideous stage in the middle.

By contrast the custom-built sprung mahogany oak floors in Blackpool enhance the dancing. Can't wait.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:13 am

Excellent news, well spotted Poppet LT:Very Happy   I love Blackpool, such a better atmosphere than Wembley. I hope some couples will save the quickstep till then, to make the most of the extra space.

I wonder which c.eleb will be the first with  'I just want to make it to Blackpool'  a la C.raig Kelly?
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:44 am

Good news! I thought that Wembley as a venue, was a disaster. Much too big, and no atmosphere. Oooo I shall look forward to this!

Now, have we any celebs with a Blackpool connection? Someone's sister-in-law's second cousin's stepmother's great-niece is bound to come from Blackpool. My money would have been on Julian, but in his absence it's on Dave. Laughing 
Tina Sparkle
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tee Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:27 am

Completely agree with the above comments - I'm delighted it's heading back to Blackpool. I thought that last year Wembley was built up to be amazing but ending up being a serious letdown. The cynic in me thought that the show was viewed more in terms of revenue and marketing than TV audience enjoyment. I'd be interested to know why they ditched it - because they didn't think it worked? Because they couldn't book it? Because they didn't get the money they thought? Either way, Blackpool is to dance what Wembley is to football so it's the right decision. Now the only question is whether the Ballroom management will allow Dave to ride in on his bike. You all know that's going to happen, dontcha? Very Happy 
David Tee
David Tee

Back to top Go down

Post  lualen Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:51 am

Well spotted!!!

Hated when the show came from Wembley - it might have been one of those 'you have to be there to enjoy it' events but it just did not work for tv viewers. Hopefully BBC got the message at last!!
lualen
lualen

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:57 am

I would love the final to be held each series in Blackpool. Wembley made monwy for the BBC & gave viewers at home a poor audio & atmostphere experience.I think last year Blackpool had been booked already? reason why Wembley used.
I would love to have had the chance to be in the audience in the Tower Sad same story same email " Sorry not been successful! Every series surely Im due a break pur leaaassseee
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:41 am

jingle wrote:

I wonder which c.eleb will be the first with  'I just want to make it to Blackpool'  a la C.raig Kelly?
Gotta be Dave, surely?!
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:42 am

Tina Sparkle wrote:

Now, have we any celebs with a Blackpool connection?
Probably not and I'm not a sleb but it's hubby's home town so do I count?
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:43 pm

That counts yay!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:13 pm

Great news. Forty miles or so from my front door.

The Clancy girl only lives around the corner in Liverpool. Chances are she'll be visiting the Tower pretty regularly now. Not that she ever bothered before mind. Twisted Evil 

Blackpool is the place folks. Spent many teen and twenty years in the Tower and Winter Gardens. Nowhere quite like it as a ballroom. Bring it on. cheers 
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:22 pm

Will you go celeb spotting Mr D?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:18 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Will you go celeb spotting Mr D?
Absolutely no chance whatsoever S.S. Never been one of those. Evil or Very Mad 

The idea of travelling, sitting outside all night/s to say I was there when the royals decided to brave the wind for three minutes to show the world the latest drain on our taxes is decidedly not me. I wouldn't go to my garden gate if Simon Cowell wanted to borrow a jugfull of water for his Ferrari radiator. Cynical, me?...probably. No, I'll watch from the comfort of my armchair with a drink and snack just when I feel like it. Done my time in the ballrooms. Love Blackpool though and consider it home territory. Wink 

Incidentally, don't think much of this new cinema-surround system. Installed it, switched on a film and a voice behind me shouted, "Sit down for xx- sake wil ya" lol! 
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:26 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:
The idea of travelling, sitting outside all night/s to say I was there when the royals decided to brave the wind for three minutes to show the world the latest drain on our taxes is decidedly not me. I wouldn't go to my garden gate if Simon Cowell wanted to borrow a jugfull of water for his Ferrari radiator.
Love you Mr D! Laughing Laughing Laughing 
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:38 pm

Lol Mr D! I miss my surround sound system I did enjoy films & natural history programmes through it.Just waiting for puppy stage over then buy replacement!
If Simon Cowell stopped at my door Id not even glance up ewwww.Done my time signature collecting on the football training grounds likes of Dalglish/Keegan/Withe/Shaw/RonSaunders/AlanHanson/Cunningham etc.
I just wish one series if SCD I shall be lucky to get a seat in the audience!

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:27 pm

cheers cheers 
Great news and well spotted Poppet! Agree with all the above, Wem-ber-ley just didn't work, the dancing just got lost in the vast space. Wasn't it for children in need?
Was the Tower ballroom really booked up last year Sax?! Wow that's unbelievable you would've thought someone at the beeb would have sorted it in time scratch 
Lol Mr D v funny post...
And Sid, only just watched ITT from yesterday, it was woop woop from my sofa!! ( who needs to camp out in Blackpool eh Mr D, we have our very own sleb on our forum!) Wink
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:07 am

Im fairly sure a competion was on at Blackpool & the date couldn't be changed. True we have our Sleb already here! Now can we make it a double mention!?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:24 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:
And Sid, only just watched ITT from yesterday, it was woop woop from my sofa!! ( who needs to camp out in Blackpool eh Mr D, we have our very own sleb on our forum!) Wink
This is Sid's PA. His new sleb lifestyle means he's far too busy to post but he sends his love Wink
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:15 pm

Sid wrote:
Note to Sid's PA - Please send my belated congratulations to Sid Wink 
I also shouted at the TV Rolling Eyes
Wallflower
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:21 pm

Ooh Sid a PA! We knew you before you were a sleb! x
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:53 pm

Wish we could 'like' posts on here - if we could,
Sid - 'like' !
Cool
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum