Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sir You can call me Sir from now on Steps Down

3 posters

Go down

Sir You can call me Sir from now on Steps Down Empty Sir You can call me Sir from now on Steps Down

Post  CaledonianCraig Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:31 pm

It has been announced today that Sir You can call me Sir from now on Forsyth is to step down as presenter of Strictly Come Dancing after a decade in the role. He will continue to record Children in Need and Christmas specials but stand now from the main show. It is the end of an era as it as good as spells the end of his career on television which began in the late 1950s. What a career!! Thanks for the memories Brucie. It is goodbye to a legend.  Sad 

For me I think Housewives choice Du Beke would make a good host. He knows all about dancing and always has a light-hearted look on things.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Sir You can call me Sir from now on Steps Down Empty Re: Sir You can call me Sir from now on Steps Down

Post  vonee21 Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:56 pm

Just heard this on News at 10 - won't be the same with out our Brucie.  Agree that Housewives choice would be a good replacement.  Needs to be someone who is good on live TV, can hold an audience and, as Brucie could, entertain. I will miss him.

The next series could be the last if they don't get this right.  Come on Beeb, look at this board and see all the suggestions we've put. You know it makes sense.
vonee21
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Sir You can call me Sir from now on Steps Down Empty Re: Sir You can call me Sir from now on Steps Down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:12 pm

I think the show will go on without Brucie as it is multi-layered in entertainment. I may have worried if it had been a couple of years ago but remember Brucie has missed a fair few shows recently and the viewing figures never fell because of it. Brucie will always be a legend and I know I will never live long enough to see anyone get even close to what he has done in his career. He could sing, dance, present and tell jokes and act as well. Immense.

I feel the show will still succeed because even though I am a big Brucie fan I still loved the show when he was absent. The great big band music, the dancing and choreography, the wonderful costumes, the banter between the judges and celebs, the great atmosphere created by the audience will still be there without Brucie. Providing they make the right choice Strictly should continue to thrive.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:13 pm

I agree Cal (can I call you Cal?  Smile   )

The only way it can go horribly wrong is if they chose the wrong presenter.  A.nton would be good, but I think Barrowman would be good too (I know he's Marmite to some, but I like him). There are so many bad choices - we will just have to wait and see....
vonee21
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:31 pm

vonee21 wrote:I agree Cal (can I call you Cal?  Smile   )

I have been called a lot worse.  Wink 
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon May 26, 2014 11:28 am

Im sorry to see B.rucie go completely.I hope we see him as a guest on ITT or cameo video links live!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down