Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Urgent Appeal

2 posters

Go down

Urgent Appeal Empty Urgent Appeal

Post  B4p Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:26 am

This is definately Strictly Something Else but the Pro dancers have highlighted the following

Manchester Dogs home was set on fire by a 14 year old boy tonight. 43 dogs have died. Over 20 dogs rescued by 2 young men who kicked doors down to lead the animals out. Desperate need for help - blankets, food, donations. Please visit their website or check twitter, spread the news and help if you can.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Urgent Appeal Empty Re: Urgent Appeal

Post  saxonsiren Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:40 am

Oh no! I shall spread news
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:12 pm

Thanks sax
According to the news tonight, donations have just reached a million which is brilliant and a great example of how social media can speed messages along. They still need blankets, food, foster homes and donations, so I hope the help continues to roll in. I can't imagine what the staff and surviving dogs are going through. The pressure on the Cheshire Dogs home that has taken most of the dogs must be tremendous. It's so sad that the dogs that perished were in the adoption block and some were waiting to be collected by their new owners. It would be really something if some of the big companies and football teams in Manchester would help finance a re-build.

My old rescue dog was terrified of smoke, and used to hide in the kitchen shaking like a leaf whenever we had the log burner on. I think she must have been in a fire when she was a young pup. Can't tell you how much this has upset me. I'm not a vengeful person. I can only think that the boy who started the fire is sick and hope he gets the help he needs. I wonder what his parents think about it all. Oh well, as someone said on twitter last night, the fire and the public's response has showed the worst and best in people. I think I'll leave it at that.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum