Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

History of Dance.

4 posters

Go down

History of Dance. Empty History of Dance.

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:18 pm

Thought I'd better put this in here rather than interfere with Strictly posts. L en Goodman in a powdered wig, white tights and high heeled shoes dancing a minuet. How good can it get? Very Happy Topic interesting and moving briefly through the history of dance since the 17th century with L en and the Dr Lady learning a period dance per programme (three apparently). Next week it moves on and features the Polka.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

History of Dance. Empty Re: History of Dance.

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:26 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Next week it moves on and features the Polka.

And how overjoyed am I at that!!? Hurrah and triple 'rah for the polka (based on proper country dancing, ie traditional folk dancing...). Bring back the polka to a ballroom near you...!

Watched this earlier - some very interesting stuff but a lot of faffing about... Could have done with more dance content myself.... But loved the fact that the shoe was, quite literally, on the other foot, with L.en having to learn a whole new dance technique and style and then perform it. And loved his shoes... (So THAT'S where Laboutin nicked his idea for giving all his shoes their signature red soul...!)

Watching the minuet and how torturously formal it was reminded me of competition ballroom - all stiff-necked and not too much joi de vivre! I'm a fan of technique for the feet but not a big fan of that "flower in the vase" neck and head. Just looks a bit ridiculous and forced. A bit like holding up a Cruft's contender's tail...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:00 pm

I enjoyed the show. I liked how they included the fashions and shoes and etiquette of the day. Can't wait for the next helping
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:06 pm

Watching it tomorrow am whilst having a man in to rip my floor up!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum