Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Jordans are off!

+6
Poppetlovestango
diamondsandpearls
saxonsiren
Sid
CaledonianCraig
TANGOLERO
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Jordans are off! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Jordans are off!

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:47 pm

Surely though, in hindsight, it is a ludicrous theme for a show. I mean shows like It's A Knockout which I used to enjoy will never be brought back because of health and safety grounds so how can this show have been vetoed - terribly dangerous. Skiing is not a pastime without great danger as Michael Schumacher will testify.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:06 pm

Hope O.ka gets better soon.Was she doing the tour?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:23 pm

No, the Jordans didn't get a tour invite
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:59 pm

Can quite see why the BBC is pissed off. Without a doubt her BBC contract ran through the final. What a daft idea to do a ski jump show. It is as though she wanted to end her dancing....... Re: the dark hair colour..... It is her natural colour. When one is pregnant one is not supposed to use hair dye, bad for the baby. O.la is moving on to the next stage of her life.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:29 pm

O la is pregnant?
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:31 pm

I wonder when O.la signed up for that skiing series? I mean you'd think it would have to have been a few months ago and that being the case what would have happened if she had still been in the running for the glitterball and had that accident?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:32 pm

Don't know if she is.....I was suggesting that the hair colour may be part of a plan.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:57 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote: what would have happened if she had still been in the running for the glitterball and had that accident?
One of the other Pro females would have taken over. Who knows, he might have got a little bit further with a different personality
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:59 pm

B4p wrote:
Who knows, he might have got a little bit further with a different personality

No I am not sure about that - I think he went about as far as he could.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:49 pm

I was reading online yesterday that O.la Jordan will leave Strictly at the end of this series.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3318558/Former-winner-put a vest on you strumpet-Jordan-quits-Strictly-Come-Dancing-10-years-loyalty-sacked-husband-James.html

I am sure a capable replacement will be found though as life goes on.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:17 pm

Been reading about the Twitter storm between James & Danny Dyer. Certainly doesn't help relations between the Jordans & the show.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:38 pm

"Strictly is fixed" claims Ol a Jordan in this morning's Sun. affraid

Not sour grapes shes says, but the judges manipulate the scores to suit some contestants. She also slates C raig as a "child".....to be continued.. Cool
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:40 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:"Strictly is fixed" claims Ol a Jordan in this morning's Sun.  affraid

Not sour grapes shes says, but the judges manipulate the scores to suit some contestants. She also slates C raig as a "child".....to be continued.. Cool

Hmmm not sour grapes? Okay whatever. Rolling Eyes

I wonder if she is casting doubt on hers and Chris Hollins win then? I bet not.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:04 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

Hmmm not sour grapes? Okay whatever. Rolling Eyes

I wonder if she is casting doubt on hers and Chris Hollins win then? I bet not.

Exactly! Whilst I agree the judges do mark some up or down, the Jordans only ever care about such biases, manipulation, travesties, conspiracies, previous dance training etc when they're not benefiting from them. PamJam were over-marked constantly, and a lot of us were convinced at the time it was to protect them and get James to his first final.

Reading the Sun article, O.la sounds well miffed that Aliona got her second shot at the Glitterball and she didn't! Sour grapes.

Last edited by Sid on Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:36 pm

Sid wrote:

Exactly! Whilst I agree the judges do mark some up or down, the Jordans only ever care about such biases, manipulation, travesties, conspiracies, previous dance training etc when they're not benefiting from them. JamPam were over-marked constantly, and a lot of us were convinced at the time it was to protect them and get James to his first final.

Reading the Sun article, O.la sounds well miffed that Aliona got her second shot at the Glitterball and she didn't! Sour grapes.

It is how I see it as well Sid. I mean it all comes to light now shortly after she leaves plus her husband left in ignominious circumstances shall we say. Definite axes to grind there. J.ames Jordan always came across as a bit of a tube anyway as he got into many debates with the judges if they dared criticize in any way.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

The Jordans are off! - Page 2 Empty RE: The Jordan's Are Off

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:11 pm

She's not gone yet! Did you not see her in the dressing room at Blackpool last night when G ethin was interviewing the female pros............I was surprised to see her there as I don't think she has appeared in many of the pro dances recently and I don't think I've seen her in the Clauditorium.

She must still be under contract.............. Don't take the 'Sun' at face value - like all tabloids they just make a lot of it up don't they? Don't get me wrong I agree with what you are saying CC, S id and Mr T she's not telling us anything we don't already know and like you, I'm sure they had the benefit of judges manipulated marks in their day- I think it is sad that the J ordans have developed their post SCD personas in the way that they have and not as some of the other ex-pros have done - they have kept up their profile by keeping O la in the show but as we are seeing, they are not very credible and once she has gone I think they will sink without trace - except as 'C' listers. Shame.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:56 pm

I did warm too. La and I was partial to James! Usually after a pro/actor/band member leaves in a hurry or gets fired "usual muck rumours " start appearing.
I miss some of the older series pro's Matthew C (where is he?) Darren,Ian, Camilla and of course Lilia. Too many changes re musicality,cheaper,tighter Nafferton outfits,too many props and scores up and down like a tarts knickers!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

The Jordans are off! - Page 2 Empty Re The Jordans are off.

Post  Poppetlovestango Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:29 pm

According to the DS Ol.a has tweeted

Ol.a Jordan ‏@The_Ol.aJordan 2m2 minutes ago

Hi tweeps.... So, yes it's true.
I will be leaving Strictly at the end of this series.
I have had an amazing 10 years on the show, but...

Ol.a Jordan ‏@The_Ol.aJordan 1m1 minute ago

..things change and I feel it's time for me to move onto other things
I love Strictly and have met some amazing people and made some great..

Ol.a Jordan ‏@The_Ol.aJordan 35s35 seconds ago

..friends who I will miss massively
I am so grateful to the show for what it has given me...

Ol.a Jordan @The_Ol.aJordan

I also want to thank all of you for your continuous support throughout the show. You will never know how much it means to me
I love you all

I wanted to finally say how amazing all the pro dancers are. The show is a massive success is because you are all brilliant at what you do 

Sometimes in life you have to take a step backwards in order to keep moving forwards.

Lots of love
put a vest on you strumpet xxx
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:42 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:She's not gone yet!    Did you not see her in the dressing room at Blackpool last night when G ethin was interviewing the female pros............I was surprised to see her there as I don't think she has appeared in many of the pro dances recently and I don't think I've seen her in the Clauditorium.

She must still be under contract..............  Don't take the 'Sun' at face value - like all tabloids they just make a lot of it up don't they?    Don't get me wrong I agree with what you are saying  CC, S id and Mr T  she's not telling us anything we don't already know and like you, I'm sure they had the benefit of judges manipulated marks in their day- I think it is sad that the J ordans have developed their post SCD personas in the way that they have and not as some of the other ex-pros have done - they have kept up their profile by keeping O la in the show but as we are seeing, they are not very credible and once she has gone I think they will sink without trace - except as 'C' listers.  Shame.

Thought provoking.

Yes it is highly possible a lot has been invented by The Sun (as is the norm) and it would not surprise me if it were. However, if that were the case and I were O.la I'd be using Twitter etc to totally dispel the quotes credited to her lambasting the show and make a point to say she never said that. She hasn't though which leaves you wondering.....
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:09 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I miss some of the older series pro's Matthew C (where is he?)
Mathew & Camilla are in America sax. Lilia's at home with the baby. Not sure what Darren's up too.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum