Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taxi for Grumpy L.en? & ott B,runo

+2
TANGOLERO
saxonsiren
6 posters

Go down

Taxi for Grumpy L.en? & ott B,runo Empty Taxi for Grumpy L.en? & ott B,runo

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:05 pm

After L.en's little outburst to Giovanni I got to thinking it's not the first nor will it be the last strop by L.en. It's been a long time since SCD first popped into our screens. Dancers,costumes,lights,presenters and judges have come and departed. So,I feel time for a shake up on the old bailey judging panel a fifth judge be a good way to go forward. As this could be A.nton's last year I do feel as an expert in Ballroom he could replace L.en. Sorry L.en but your walnuts have pickled and expired for me. B,run lost my favor two series ago and it's quite stale argue with C.rain, fall off chair,fawn over a male celeb. An expert Latin judge be a great addition to the Judges and F.lava or E.rin springs to mind. Two female judged even it up a bit more.
Anyone else have any ideas for a new style judging panel? Apart from two set of marks, Technical and Presentation making less of a chance tied scores.

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Taxi for Grumpy L.en? & ott B,runo Empty Re: Taxi for Grumpy L.en? & ott B,runo

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:59 pm

Roles have reversed a little with the judges. I honestly don't blame L en or even D arcy. He is the epitome of ballroom judging because that's what he does, judges on ballroom skill and progress. D arcy is decidedly balletically inclined, but she isn't harsh or silly in her judgements. B runo has, sadly, become the Louis Spence of Strictly, exchanging common sense and comment for camp posturing, which makes him good for T.V but lacking credibility as a serious judge. C raig is just too ridiculous for words but again, his Widow Twanky persona is good for controversy, which in turn is again, good T.V. Can we really expect serious dance judges in Strictly, which in truth, is just a popularity contest with dance music? How can four judges compete with three times that number in millions? I can't really see much change coming when the show pulls in the rating n umbers.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:33 pm

Yes the Judges have had to adapt over the years and they all have their own little ways! However although L.en is entitled to grumble regarding lack of ball room style and steps it should be done with more grace. For me and this is my opinion he came acrossas"do you know who I am!" With his outburst last week  sour grapes for me. Yes, quite right B.run is our Louis and I for one do not like the man. L.en was more than happy to welcome Alesha onto the judges  desk without a "What no history of dance background? Just a contestant well ok the winner? "
For me the show has moved on from B.ruche, Arlene and it can move on without  L.en or B.run. SCD yes has ratings it also attracts celebs who will give the show a wider public audience. Choosing E.rin,F.lava,A.non as possible judges will attract viewers. Each have their own successful dance tour and persona! And more importantly Mr T it's E.rin Rolling Eyes
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:49 pm

L.en and his outbursts have never bothered me too much. I quite like that he's the more traditional one that calls pros out when they don't do proper content (although his scoring isn't always consistent). Along with Giovanni, Gleb's skating on fairly thin ice....L.en's keeping a close eye on him (and rightly so I feel!).

I mostly find D.arcey's comments quite inane. She manages to say a lot without actually saying much at all.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:26 pm

Sid wrote:L.en and his outbursts have never bothered me too much. I quite like that he's the more traditional one that calls pros out when they don't do proper content (although his scoring isn't always consistent). Along with Giovanni, Gleb's skating on fairly thin ice....L.en's keeping a close eye on him (and rightly so I feel!).

I mostly find D.arcey's comments quite inane. She manages to say a lot without actually saying much at all.

Agree sid. Gleb's too thick to have realised that L en's got him on his radar. I put somewhere else, that I reckon Darcey's practising her Good King Wenceslas, - 'deep and crisp and even'
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:48 pm

B4p wrote:

Agree sid. Gleb's too thick to have realised that L en's got him on his radar. I put somewhere else, that I reckon Darcey's practising her Good King Wenceslas, - 'deep and crisp and even'

Very Happy

Gleb seems to be picking up where Artem left off.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:17 pm

Yeah, I know Gleb is trying to make his mark there, but throwing contemporary stuff into a VW isn't very clever, and that crap-crabby move isn't impressive but jarring. At least he has the sense to put in ten bars of proper VW content into the essentially 'anything goes as long as it's 40% in hold' AS though. A.rtem was truly arrogant to choreograph just HALF a bar (!!!) of ballroom hold in Kara's AS, and didn't even modify it a little to add more in-hold moments in the finals. Silly mare.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:44 pm

Trying to work out the King Wenceslas remark! scratch help lol! I think all the judges this year have decided to be a bit more stringent with their scores. Giving a 10 or 9 early on can be a hindrance sometimes for a couple. Each week we expect a wow performance another "10" often the next week the same 10 couple back to a 7 or 8 scratch Equally a 2 or 3 consistently does get a tad negative for the couple come on C.rain a point extra if they have improved a little. I do feel a 0.5 mark would come in handy here.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:18 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Trying to work out the King Wenceslas remark! scratch help lol!
Most of Darcey's remark's contain 'crisp, clean, even'. It reminds me of 'Good King Wen ce las looked out, on the feast of Stephen, where the snow lay round about, deep and crisp and even.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:29 pm

Aww thank you!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:41 pm

cellar-door wrote:Yeah, I know Gleb is trying to make his mark there, but throwing contemporary stuff into a VW isn't very clever, and that crap-crabby move isn't impressive but jarring.
I think Gleb got away lightly with L en just saying, he didn't want to see it again. Ridiculous, clumsy, disconnected move and as Bonny said, maybe could be misconstrued as inappropriate for family viewing? More Gleb moves threatened for this Saturday. Does Gleb realise it's the celeb he's supposed to showcase?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:39 pm

I really cannot see any great changes in the judges in the forseeable future.

Like we are always reminded - this is an entertainment show not a dance show so the judges have to bring entertainment. People laugh at B.runo's antics and L.en's warm and spirit lifting comments whilst C.raig's nasty remarks all help to keep the viewing figures high. If those figures dip then you may see changes but until then I can't see any major changes.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:10 pm

L en seems a bit more relaxed this week. He's not doing the trip across to the USA every week like in the past few series. I wonder if he'll have some sparkly crutches like Cr aig next week after his knee surgery?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:13 pm

Or a sparkly wheelchair! Hoping for my own sparkly cast this week too. Total rest this weekend no walking,standing etc and I'm still in pain and grumpy. So taxi for Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:24 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Or a sparkly wheelchair!  Hoping for my own sparkly cast this week too. Total rest this weekend no walking,standing etc and I'm still in pain and grumpy. So taxi for Sax
Sounds good to rest inflamed tendons. If you have a cast, take a picture and post it!

Hope they give you some good painkillers. I'm requesting an Entonox tank to use if I need a lift watching the VT's next week.

By the by. Is it me, or is there an awful lot more whooping and hollering the past few weeks?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:15 pm

B4p wrote:

By the by. Is it me, or is there an awful lot more whooping and hollering the past few weeks?

JUST said the same thing in Highs + Lows!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down