Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twitter feeds accuse SCD as racist?

+3
cellar-door
fiftynotout
saxonsiren
7 posters

Go down

Twitter feeds accuse SCD as racist? Empty Twitter feeds accuse SCD as racist?

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:10 am

Well I did say to my other half I can imagine the ott remarks after hearing Tameka had gone after Melvin as well... It's not racism in my opinion at all. I was gutted Tameka left I voted last week for her and this week I'd had late tea and watched on delay tea and realised when I logged online at 9:26pm I couldn't vote! My three votes would have been Greg, Will and Tameka.... grrr does anyone else realise free votes close at 9:10pm on a Saturday? Not long is it?

It's barmy some people have to find a reason to be negative about a show either racism, ageisim,gender or fatisim? A word!?
Why are there remarks like this made? A lot of people disagreed with the negative remarks.
I watched Tameka on Sunday Brunch and I didn't get a hint she'd gone....

Wondering if the remarks will carry on?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Twitter feeds accuse SCD as racist? Empty Re: Twitter feeds accuse SCD as racist?

Post  fiftynotout Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:20 pm

Ha ha, I had exactly the same thought, wondering if anybody would make much of the first two departees being black.

Stuff and nonsense!
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Twitter feeds accuse SCD as racist? Empty Re: Twitter feeds accuse SCD as racist?

Post  cellar-door Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:11 pm

Racist? Melvin is the WORST dancer in this year's cohort. He got the lowest audience vote with that Tango.

Tameka and Laura should NOT be in the bottom two last Saturday, but Tameka and Gorka stumbled mid dance during the dance off. They were voted off because of that, and rightfully so, though it pains me to see them go...

Racist? Seriously?
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:53 pm

Utter nonsense.

Louis Smith won Strictly - say no more.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:01 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Utter nonsense.

Louis Smith won Strictly - say no more.

Mark Ramprakash?

Alesha Dixon?
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:11 pm

cellar-door wrote:

Mark Ramprakash?

Alesha Dixon?

Precisely.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:30 pm

We live in troubling times, it does feel like racism's back on the rise again, and too many people are quick to dismiss it. However, I don't believe it's seeped into the Strictly voting so far at all. Melvin's dances were poorly executed and choreographed. Tameka wasn't able to stand out like she usually does with the song / theming / outfit she was given so it wasn't a huge surprise to see her in the B2. If I expected anyone there instead of her, it was Naga - who is herself another BAME contestant.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:57 pm

Sid wrote:We live in troubling times, it does feel like racism's back on the rise again, and too many people are quick to dismiss it. However, I don't believe it's seeped into the Strictly voting so far at all. Melvin's dances were poorly executed and choreographed. Tameka wasn't able to stand out like she usually does with the song / theming / outfit she was given so it wasn't a huge surprise to see her in the B2. If I expected anyone there instead of her, it was Naga - who is herself another BAME contestant.

And worryingly Naga looks like she will be one of the next to exit but purely because of her dance performances and not because the colour of her skin but that won't stop people with their agendas.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:09 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

And worryingly Naga looks like she will be one of the next to exit but purely because of her dance performances and not because the colour of her skin but that won't stop people with their agendas.

Indeed CC. I mean on the face of it I can see how it'd look bad, particularly in the current climate, but I really don't believe race is a relavent factor here.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:14 pm

Sid wrote:

Indeed CC. I mean on the face of it I can see how it'd look bad, particularly in the current climate, but I really don't believe race is a relavent factor here.

Ore could very well be a strong contender this year as well but that won't silence some with bizarre views.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Twitter feeds accuse SCD as racist? Empty Re: Twitter feeds accuse SCD of being racist

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:40 pm

Good point CC

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:00 pm

and not forgetting the champ who never was (Colin) robbed by a life sized rag doll
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Twitter feeds accuse SCD as racist? Empty Re: Twitter feeds accuse SCD of being racist

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:10 pm

Yes B4P - I have never quite got over that one after all these years Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:11 pm

Oh those Bloomin dolls
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:22 pm

I wonder what reason these claiming racism is that Ore was not in the dance-off as well? It really is all nonsense and just the media trying to undermine the show. They had also made a big thing out of last week's called off dance-off abd claimed Silver tongued Italian Stallion Ton.ioli was so angry he quit the show but changed his mind. WHAT UITTER bs.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum