Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who would you like to see in SCD 2018

+4
diamondsandpearls
allsewnonbyhand
jingle
saxonsiren
8 posters

Go down

Who would you like to see in SCD 2018 Empty Who would you like to see in SCD 2018

Post  saxonsiren Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:42 pm

Well another year's SCD gone and a few "who?" Comments re celebs/reality stars. There are a few I'd love to see but it's a pipe dream. So two categories Dream/piped ream contestants and Contestants we could see. Let's see how 2018 progresses and if we forecast a few contestants.

Pipe Dreams

Benedict Cumberland
Oprah
Prince Harry
Mark Cavendish (just think he'll always be a no)
Daniel Radcliffe
Julie Walters
Adele
David Tennant
Rowan Atkinson
Lewis Hamilton
Boris Johnson
Ed Millibars (argh)
Martin Freeman
Victoria Beckham see if she can smile
Emilia Clarke
Kit Harrington

Possibles

Dawn French
Kathy Burke
Jennifer Saunders
Clare Balding
Tofo
Steph breakfast tv
Ed Bryne
Gary Lineker
Ed Sheran
Alfie Bow
Lorraine Kelly
One of the ex One Direction guys Nial/Liam
Katie Hopkins
Kate Alls op

Ok let's get guessing

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Who would you like to see in SCD 2018 Empty Re: Who would you like to see in SCD 2018

Post  jingle Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:16 pm

Some great ideas there Sax  Smile   You've chosen Kirstie Allsop, so I'll add her co-presenter Phil Spencer to the list of possibles.

Think I said somewhere else, Ronnie O'Sullivan said recently he'd like to do a reality show, although I think he mentioned the Jungle rather than Strictly.

Now that we've had our first Scottish winner, I'd like a potential winner from Northern Ireland. Jonathan Rea who came second in SPOTY would be great, or one of our golfers (maybe Darren Clarke). Or a NI actor, like Jimmy Nesbitt (unlikely) or Liam Neeson (probably zero chance of him doing it)

Every time I see the economist Robert Peston on the news for some reason I imagine him doing a great tango

I mentioned on another thread, I'd love a few more sports people on Strictly, so less chance of ringer-dom. I'll have a think about names, but would especially like to see more olympians and  paralympians (some of the big names have recently retired, I wonder if Jessica or Mo would ever consider it)

Maybe another Saturdays member? (are there any who haven't done SCD yet I wonder)

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Who would you like to see in SCD 2018 Empty Re: Who would you like to see in SCD 2018

Post  saxonsiren Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:30 pm

Hi Jingle ooh Phil Spencer brilliant. I'm not sure if No would consider SCD but I'd love to see a few more sports stars about. James Nesbitt love him to bits not sure if his in the pipe dream category
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:26 pm

Jingle wrote:Maybe another Saturdays member? (are there any who haven't done SCD yet I wonder
Wasn't there one in the jungle - Vanessa? scratch
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:21 pm

Yes a Saturday in the Jungle aka Vanessa.. bit bland didn't do a lot Tbh
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:32 am

Yes, she did seem rather a background player in the jungle Sax - other I do always wonder how much selective editing is going on. I felt we were being force-fed Toff and Iain at times (two of the most media savvy contestants).

There's a couple of actors I've always wanted to do SCD, Arthur Pendragon (Bradley James) and Merlin (Colin Morgan).  I really miss Merlin on a Saturday night, it was one of my favourite series and the lead characters were brilliant. I seem to recall it was replaced with an awful series called Atlantis or something.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:14 pm

I'm sure they edit out tons Jingle. Minute I saw Toff knew be winner sort of same mould as previous two years re Scarlet and the Georgia lass... I recall we used to see an extra hour of just footage without Ant or Dec on itv2 about 6pm ? Always showed us good clips recall Carol Thatcher having wee in camp not the dunno etc
I'm re watching Merlin on Syfy and both be good for SCD or Jingle. ...
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:32 pm

Only one person I am desparate to see in a future series of Strictly...

ME!!!! cheers queen

More realistically, it is time for Rufus Hound and Miranda to come on to the dancefloor.

Not big on Sporting people - too competitive for my liking (Darren Gough really spoilt all that for me).

Other than that, I am happy for them to work their way through the cast of Enders/Corrie/Holby/Hollyoaks and other similar soaps and dramas.

Oh, and Jason Orange (who is rumoured to have bought a house about half a mile away. I am getting ready for a spot of stalking.... affraid )
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:00 pm

I have visors now diamonds of you with binoculars and full camouflage gear on the lookout for Jason Orange Laughing how exciting thou if less than a mile from you! Maybe a shared glance in the local shop?
Think Miranda needs a tall dancer and we may need to bring Ian back. Rufus lol I'm not sure my ribs could cope from the sheer mirth and joy.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:39 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I have visors now diamonds of you with binoculars and full camouflage gear on the lookout for Jason Orange Laughing  how exciting thou if less than a mile from you! Maybe a shared glance in the local shop?
Think Miranda needs a tall dancer and we may need to bring Ian back. Rufus lol I'm not sure my ribs could cope from the sheer mirth and joy.

Your vision is entirely accurate Sax... Very Happy

Sadly there is only a tiny little local shop and I doubt Jason would shop there.... Someone saw him in a posh restuarant round here - but I won't be going there!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:48 pm

Boris Johnson, Teresa May, Piers Morgan and Charlie Dimmock should make a good line up for ariel acrobatics.. lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:09 pm

Alex Walkinshaw (Smithy in The Bill)

Tony Robinson

Colin Morgan

Bradley James

Santiago Cabrera

Kate Humble

Nadiya Sawalha

Lorraine

Charley Hull (golf player)

Scarlett (from the Jungle)

Lucy Worsley (quirky Historian)

Fearne Cotton

I heard a rumour that the female newsreader ? Hussein had been approached.

I don't think we've had a swimmer for a while?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:40 am

Lucy Worsley yes yes cheers maybe Historical SCD Dances,medieval ones, Tudor, Georgian and Victoria. Of course a few from P&P would be lovely.
The other Historian lady lovely red hair who helped with family living through different eras and The Victoria Farm etc for a year be great too.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:49 pm

Ooh yes, Lucy Worsley, good shout. I thought I would really dislike her style of presenting but I absolutely love her, she really brings history alive.

I have a secret crush on Iain Stewart the Scottish geologist whose done some cracking programmes. Bet he couldn't dance for toffee but I'd love to see him in tails * goes off to fan myself down!*
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:18 pm

For what it's worth I'd like to see:-

Bradley Walsh

Lorraine Kelly

Mark Lebatt

Dan Walker

David Tennant

Sue Barker

Louise Mincheon

Kay Burley

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:49 pm

Excellent choices. Love Louise Mincheon on bbc breakfast. Steph good as well and Charlie
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:50 am

Just watching Wonderland again on Sky reminds me that of course any of the Take That boys but especially Howard- * files firmly away on the it'll never happen shelf*

I literally have the most catholic taste in music whilst I'm a devoted 'Thatter' and I go to every tour, in the same year I might also go to see Bat Out of Hell the Musical, Adele, Paul Weller Jools Holland, The Stranglers, Mamma Mia......oh wait I did do all that this year - except Adele who blew me out at the last minute ( gutted as I had tickets for her final show- the one disappointment of my big birthday year)

Ooh yes, how about Adele...?
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:38 am

Alls I'd love to see Adele in SCD... I'm varied love some classical, OMD, Spandau Ballet, M JACKSON, Madonna,UB40, Musicals some and Meatloaf bit Paul Young and Sting and Ed Sherran plus Bee Gees etc etc....
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:15 am

In hindsight I think Lorraine Kelly has been approached to appear on Strictly recently but turned it down. She is quoted in the media or on her show as saying she can't dance and sees herself as unteachable.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Who would you like to see in SCD 2018 Empty Re: Who would you like to see on SCD 2018

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:41 am

Only just saw this thread.............
Jenson Button

It would be a first to have someone from the F1 world.
x

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down