Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread

+8
Twirlie
mauveangel09
CaledonianCraig
jingle
allsewnonbyhand
saxonsiren
TANGOLERO
B4p
12 posters

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

Go down

SCD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: SCD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread

Post  fiftynotout Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:24 am

So, another Strictly draws to a close; where has the time gone since September?!

Unusually for me, I actually enjoyed the show dances (well, not Ashley’s particularly but that’s because I’ve realised I’m not a big fan of contemporary dance and it was too much like her contemporary dance in the earlier week). I particularly loved Faye’s show dance. I was also hoping she would re-dance either her QS or theatre jazz and she did (the latter) so I was happy. In fact, had I watched it live, all my votes would have gone to Faye. So many of you said the same thing that I’m surprised she didn’t win to be honest.

In the end it was won by the irritating little so and so and I can’t begrudge him that, he certainly seemed a popular choice with his fellow pros. All credit to Neil for noticing that Stacey was being somewhat overlooked and then lifting her up to be next to Kevin who was already being held aloft by his peers.

I also enjoyed the group dance which was a little trip down memory lane and a reminder of where it all began.

I have two proposals for next year (in addition to others already mentioned here):-

First, I would like to see the same or similar dances each week; putting a samba against a Charleston is simply unfair.

Secondly, to counter the risk of the judges saving the unpopular ringers, how about a “three strikes and you’re out” rule. ie, you can survive two dance offs but if you’re put in a third time then it’s automatic disqualification? Gives a little bit more power back to the voters....
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

SCD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: SCD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:05 pm

fiftynotout wrote:

In the end it was won by the irritating little so and so lol! lol! lol! [/b ]and I can’t begrudge him that, he certainly seemed a popular choice with his fellow pros.  [b]All credit to Neil for noticing that Stacey was being somewhat overlooked and then lifting her up to be next to Kevin who was already being held aloft by his peers.

First, I would like to see the same or similar dances each week; putting a samba against a Charleston is simply unfair.

Secondly, to counter the risk of the judges saving the unpopular ringers, how about a “three strikes and you’re out” rule.  ie, you can survive two dance offs but if you’re put in a third time then it’s automatic disqualification?  Gives a little bit more power back to the voters....

I love your reference to Kevin as 'irritating little so and so'... Quite!

And also I agree about Ke vin being held up before Stacey - I was just exclaiming to my freind that it seemed unfair,it was all about Kevin, he was being feted, but where was Stacey in all this and wasn't it at least as much about her, if not more.. when dear lovely Neil stepped in. But it drove me nuts. His ego is getting out of control...

I also agree about like for like dances. I think I put it in my original memo - at least for the first couple of weeks.

But I disagree about giving the voters more power - they annoy me with their stupidity! Not anyone here of course.... We all vote with extreme care and knowledge ;-)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:39 pm

Hi guys!

Couldn't put this series to bed without reading your thoughts on the final and I echo the general feeling that Faye outshone everybody on the night but overall I was already too invested in Stace not to vote for her. Samba week with all that plumage is when she won me over (I was as gutted not to see that number in the final as I was Ashley's Foxtrot).

But I agree that Kevin completely overhyped their Showdance - it was like when someone makes you a mixed tape thinking they know your tastes and getting it mostly wrong than right. On top of that, he came off as off-puttingly desperate in the final week so I was sure he'd blown it.

Whilst I enjoyed some of the Couples Choices, I don't really want to see it return as a category. Faye's final felt a bit like she did two showdances and it felt wrong.

Also, give Johannes, Neil and Luba pros for next year. That's not a request it's an order!

Widdie's awful enough but Michael Vaughan's been coming out with some really offensive views lately so I'm giving the xmas spesh a miss.

Hope you all enjoy the festivities and hopefully see you next year xxx
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:21 pm

Made my day Sid!

I agree with you about Widdershins and Vaughn - and also it is a foregone conclusion that Aston will win. I can't be doing with any more foregone conclusions so like you, I may swerve it. Particulalry as I won't be able to watch it on the day.

I'm having strictly withdrawal symptoms mind. Have no idea what to do with myself at this time of day. Keep starting things and wandering off...

diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

SCD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: SCD 2018 'Tango's Little Bit of Honesty' thead

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:34 pm

Coo-ee  S id!!!! cheers

Really missed you on the forum this year...……... Crying or Very sad I also would have liked to have seen Ashley's Foxtrot in the Final.   I didn't mind Stacey winning at all as I think that at the end of the day it was between her and Joe and for me she was by far the most preferable of the two - but I had a secret hope of Faye stealing it!!!!!

I'm not too invested in the Xmas Special contestants either - and in the case of Flackers - I don't think it is right that a series winner should re-appear as it's supposed to be a 'second chance' type of thing.    To be honest - with W iddy (or as Mr T always used to say - Tugboat Annie)  in the mix it seems as though it is going to be a bit of a pseudo pantomime but I'll probably end up watching it in the post-turkey slump whilst stuffing chocolates...………….. Very Happy

On that note I'll say cheerio - like you D+P I'm suffering from my usual SCD withdrawal - particularly as it seems to have ended a bit earlier this year than some years  (the way the calendar has fallen).    I watched that Channel 5 documentary (again) last night which is really good - can't remember the title.     Anyway - I'll probably lurk on here for a few more days - but to those who are going or gone and to you dear S id -       Seasons Greetings and See you Soon xxx santa santa

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:56 pm

If you're still there Sid, good to see your still around. All the best of the season to you and yours... santa
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:18 am

Dear All even if I don’t reply I read all the comments. I am having withdrawal symptoms too. A peaceful Christmas and 2019 to you all. Till September
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:49 pm

Withdrawal symptoms here too. I will be around over the next few months in a bid to keep us all up to date with rumours for the line-up for next years as the rumours break.

Have a Merry Xmas all and a Happy New Year. santa rendeer
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:53 pm

merry Christmas one and all, it's been a pleasure as always to share the last part of the year with you guys. I love our little friendly forum. 
I'll stay lurking although I may not watch the Xmas special- certainly not on the day, but I think it will be recorded on my series link anyway.
All the best to you and yours for the coming year, and special thoughts to Sax, who understandably has been missed quite a lot this year.
santa rendeer
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:49 pm

Major withdrawl symptoms here too Crying or Very sad  It's the same Strictly cold turkey every year, and the Christmas Special doesn't really help.

I can't imagine Strictly season without our lovely forum, so thank you to the wonderful hosts and to all you fabulously brilliant peeps, and especially B4P for keeping scores/updating the music, Sax for the polls, Diamonds for the glitz and glamour. Great to see Sid again too, your're much missed.

As Allsewn has said, thoughts are with Sax. I really hope that you get some better news over the holidays Sax, it's been a tough time I know.

I'll be popping in and out (tbh I keep an eye on the forum all year round).  And hopefully there'll be enough of us to start a Dancing on Ice thread (is James Jordan really doing it, haha)

santa rendeer rendeer
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

SCD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: SCD 2018 ' Tangos a little bit of Honesty Thread'

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:59 pm

'Dancing on Ice' - yes please Jingle...…...but hope it doesn't dwindle so that it's just the two of us in the end like last year!!! Very Happy Very Happy (James Jordan! Well well well!)

I also wanted to say that Sax - you have been in my thoughts and hope things get better for you.
santa santa

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:21 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Withdrawal symptoms here too. I will be around over the next few months in a bid to keep us all up to date with rumours for the line-up for next years as the rumours break.  

So, we've already got our first 2019 contender,  Chris Evans confirmed on the One Show tonight! A bit earlier than the usual announcements!
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:34 pm

And Alan Carr!
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:07 am

Moova 12 wrote:And Alan Carr!

Yes I saw Alan Carr had been linked buit not sure if that was all a bit tongue-in-cheek. He says he wouldn't do the show unless they got rid of all those meaningless VT clips prior to the dances.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23