Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCD 2019 ITT Show & Presenters

+5
saxonsiren
Twirlie
diamondsandpearls
mauveangel09
B4p
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

SCD 2019 ITT Show & Presenters Empty SCD 2019 ITT Show & Presenters

Post  B4p Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:23 am

Rylan Clark-Neal is to co-host ITT with Zoe this year
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

SCD 2019 ITT Show & Presenters Empty Re:SCD 2019 ITT Show & Presenters

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:12 pm

Hi B4P

Hope you are well and hope the year is going well for everyone so far.

There has been quite a flurry of news about SCD 2019 recently hasn't there? I saw this one some time ago and my first reaction was Sad Sad - but then I thought about it and I remember I warmed towards him when I saw him on Celebrity MasterChef a few years back and he can be very funny in an 'off the cuff way' - however not sure what his dance provenance is???? I was also thinking that perhaps our Zoe does not want to do every single show now that she is on the radio every morning? Quite hard going - so all in all I have mixed feelings about this one and I hope that the show isn't going to degenerate into some kind of tabloid show - it will be ok if it is balanced with true dance features - Ian and choreography corner etc. I think the ITT format has been really good over the last few years and it is one of those 'If it ain't broken don't fix it' - so I hope the co-presenter thing works out.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

SCD 2019 ITT Show & Presenters Empty Re: SCD 2019 ITT Show & Presenters

Post  B4p Thu May 02, 2019 7:13 pm

Hi mauve. It'll be interesting to see how they organise the co-hosting. Zoe & Rylan can both be a bit hyper, so I hope it doesn't end up completely slapstick. Would Ian be demonstrating using Rylan as a prop? The mind boggles a bit!
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

SCD 2019 ITT Show & Presenters Empty ITT 2019 Season

Post  B4p Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:12 pm

From the BBC Twitter Feed

It Takes Two with @ZoeTheBall and @Rylan comes to
@BBCOne at 5.15pm for two weeks on the 23rd September

Before returning to its home on
@BBCTwo at 6.30pm Monday to Thursday and 6pm Fridays.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

SCD 2019 ITT Show & Presenters Empty Re: ITT 2019

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:56 pm

Wot no 'Pointless' for two weeks? (LOL)
You can tell that I'm a creature of habit...…….. Very Happy Very Happy I like my ITT on at 6.30pm on BBC2 Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:13 am

5.15s a strange time. A lot of people are still at work or travelling home
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

SCD 2019 ITT Show & Presenters Empty Re: SCD 2019 ITT Show and Presenters

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:17 pm

Yes - seems a very strange time and for two weeks only? Not sure of the point of it and who they are aiming it at and you are right, most of the ITT audience would probably be travelling home from work, cooking, going to the gym, still working, still out and about etc I will only catch the end of it as I do Pointless so will set it to record. I think its the kind of timeslot where if you are in, you just have the TV on in the background so quizzes are great! Seems an odd one but I'll happily stand corrected if that's not the case - I do hope that not too much will be changed on ITT - I think they've had a winning formula in the last few years with a good balance between the interviews and the dance features - I've accepted Rylan being on the show - I find him funny but I hope it won't get a bit juvenile between him and Zoe and turn into more of a gossipy show. I thought at the beginning that he would present some shows on his own and Zoe would do some on her own - but maybe they are presenting together??

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:21 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Yes - seems a very strange time and for two weeks only?  Not sure of the point of it and who they are aiming it at and you are right, most of the ITT audience would probably be travelling home from work, cooking, going to the gym, still working, still out and about  etc    I will only catch the end of it as I do Pointless so will set it to record.  I think its the kind of timeslot where if you are in, you just have the TV on in the background so quizzes are great!  Seems an odd one but I'll happily stand corrected if that's not the case - I do hope that not too much will be changed on ITT - I think they've had a winning formula in the last few years with a good balance between the interviews and the dance features -  I've accepted Rylan being on the show - I find him funny but I hope it won't get a bit juvenile between him and Zoe and turn into more of a gossipy show.    I thought at the beginning that he would present some shows on his own and Zoe would do some on her own - but maybe they are presenting together??

Apart from the opening show tonight, the only show he and Zoe will do together is Friday's show. Judging from tonight, they will each do bits separately on that joint show, rather than be doing each bit together in tandem. They did one interview together tonight - the first one - presumably just to break Rylan in gently. I find him a good interviewer, empathetic and interested in people. He has no dance background, it is true, but he is an uber-fan and, judging by his moves with Zoe tonight, could probably be a contender if he ever went on strictly (he's very stick insecty though - he would need a Natalie to partner him!). I didn't find them either gossipy (or no more than Zoe is on her own...) or juvenile when they were together. Both are pretty professional I feel.

No idea why the time has changed for a short period. Scheduling issues I guess. Makes no difference to me as I always watch on catch-up. And after an intial indignant sharp intake of breath at the very thought, I am a person who actually loves change and thrives on it - so I would be unphased in any case!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:33 am

I was appalled to find that Rylan was going to be on It Takes Two.

I never particularly liked him on This Morning - a bit of a fishwife I always thought. Then he was so incredibly rude to his mother on Celebrity Gogglebox. I couldn't believe how vile he was to her. And the teeth! Oh my god, the teeth! How can any one person have so much bad taste.

You'll gather I'm not impressed by the guy.

However. After his first solo show today (Tuesday) I have to confess that he didn't do too badly. It was still the Strictly show rather than the Rylan show. So long as it continues like, that I'll hold back my bile!

As to the time change, I have no idea. Is it just the programme time, or is it the length of the programme? We'll see.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:24 am

I enjoyed Rylan too - I thought it was seamless and he just slotted in - pleasantly surprised and much better than expected. I thought the segment on Tuesday with V incent 'ips'! in Choreography Corner was hilarious and as Twirlie says - not forced at all. I'm actually quite taken now with the idea of having two different faces on ITT to vary it a bit. I don't blame our Zoe for not wanting to do 5 nights per week with her new Breakfast Show responsibilities. I'm so glad that she is doing the Wednesday show with Ian every week - so great to see Ian back tonight. Hopefully its all going to work as it seems to still be ITT as we know it!! Luckily I think the time slot thing is only for two weeks as per B4Ps original post then it is back on at 6.30pm on Beeb 2. I have noticed that these shows on Beeb 1 are for 45 minutes which certainly helps during these first weeks when there are so many couples to get through, especially on segments like Waites Warm Up - perhaps the scheduling would not allow it on Beeb 2?

Anyway - good job so far. I did notice that Dev's kicks and flicks left a bit to be desired in demo time yesterday! Rylans however were pretty neat Very Happy Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:02 pm

I'm in the wilds of Scotland at the moment, so haven't managed to watch any ITT. I look forward to my next Strictly splurge in a few days time. Enjoyed reading your comments so far.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:03 pm

Not watched yet as forgot earlier times
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

SCD 2019 ITT Show & Presenters Empty Re: SCD 2019 ITT show and presenters

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:17 pm

What's happened to Choreography Corner? It was definitely on Tuesday last week with V incent - nothing tonight though? I missed the show last night so was it on yesterday? Strange. Really enjoyed the interview with Kelvin and Oti - some good comments from Oti - I think the freestyle of the Charleston will suit Kelvin - Mary Poppins? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes didn't someone else do this a few years back? (here I go again - I must desist Wink Really liked the interview with Jason Gilkerson - always interesting when he is on the show.

Mike says that he quite likes the character stuff - this is probably carte blanche for Katya to get even more weird and wonderful with their impending cha cha this week.

Gio seems quite relaxed with Michelle - so different from the odd strained relationship that he seemed to have with Faye last year. That was always a strange one to me - they lit up the dance floor but off stage it seemed very different. However, I think he is getting on well with Michelle - I would have loved Rylan to have asked them how it felt performing with a set that had been done before Twisted Evil but I think their upcoming dance and their track is a great choice for them this week.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:34 am

Choreography Corner was on with Flavia this week. It must have been Monday. I wasn’t sure about Rylan but I feel I learnt more with him asking questions. He asked Flavia about Shirley’s wall comment which had baffled me. Also thought Gethin did a good job standing in for Zoe. Back to BBC 2 and old time slot next week as athletics will be finished.
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:05 am

I didn't realise it was the athletics that had caused everything to be rearranged as I don't pay much attention to them these days. Couldn't miss the two girls winning their gold medals though. Well done Katarina Johnson-Thompson and Dina Asher-Smith. Brilliant. cheers cheers cheers
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:55 pm

Glad to see ITT back in its usual place tonight! I haven't really got into it yet but what I have seen I've quite enjoyed.

Telling interview tonight with Anneka and K evin - she didn't pull any punches by making it clear that the dance and the music was given to them and that the producers kept making her 'run around' when she would have preferred to have learned more ballroom dancing. Well done Anneka - not a lot of contestants are so honest. (I noticed that K evin as would be expected, didn't hardly say anything throughout the whole interview except to recount the 'learning to clap in time' anecdote - again!) I think the music that they had for the Charleston was very ill conceived for them and it was almost as though she was being stitched up. Only a very talented dancer (or ringer) could have made something of that music. It just reinforces my feeling that a lot of contestants are made to do stereotypical routines particularly in the early part of the contest and far from making them feel comfortable it actually frustrates them.

Interesting choice to have Katya Virshilas doing Choreography Corner - I had almost forgotten about her.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:27 am

I was surprised to see Katya AND had forgotten she danced with Gavin Henson.
However, my biggest surprise is Rylan. No cue cards, interesting questions and not all me me me. I have wondered if the cue cards are down the side of his chair but haven’t spotted them yet!
Very pleasant surprise.
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:33 pm

Loved Katya appearing on CC, and Vincent and Flavia in the previous weeks, I'm hoping Pasha might appear on it some day - missing him already.

So far so good with Rylan, he's slotted onto the interview sofa like he's always been there. And last Friday's panel with Richard Osmon and the wonderful Tom Allen was my dream team.

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:38 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Telling interview tonight with Anneka and K evin - she didn't pull any punches by making it clear that the dance and the music was given to them and that the producers kept making her 'run around' when she would have preferred to have learned more ballroom dancing.   Well done Anneka - not a lot of contestants are so honest.   (I noticed that K evin as would be expected, didn't hardly say anything throughout the whole interview except to recount the 'learning to clap in time' anecdote - again!)
Did you notice Oti said something similar in the Clauditorium this week? Claud asked if there was a dance that Kelvin wouldn't be so good at, and Oti said she wouldn't say otherwise 'they'll go and give it to us'.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:30 pm

I guess for the pro dancers it's suck it up or lose contract. I guess until an ex pro dancer or two says publically how the BeeB work etc and a current pro agrees then we won't know for sure.Even ITT will be directed re responses and edited unless they go to live broadcast! Can you imagine if they did?
The public vote decides re couples in the middle to who will drop into D/O regardless of judges attempts to distribute points they give.

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:48 pm

Happy to see Artem back but boy isn't he being super diplomatic? Not a lot of detail on the actual choreography.

I liked the Dance Master slot with Rylan and Carmen.

I felt a bit sorry for Rylan, he obviously had someone buzzing in his ear telling him to bring Emma & Alijaz back to the dance off question which they were happily skating away from.

I'm not sure why they call it 'tunes on Tuesday' when they only have time to mention 3 out of the 12. Bit of a waste of the slot imo

Last edited by B4p on Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:41 pm

Lots of white teeth though with Artem and Rylan!
Best so far has been Flavia. Felt I learnt something.
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:42 pm

Felt much the same way about Artem - nice to see him but didn't tell us anymore than what we already know (or have discussed already on the forum Very Happy Very Happy). I do feel the Choreography Corner is being a bit downplayed this year somehow - doesn't seem to be packing the punch that it once did.

I also enjoyed the masterclass session. Do you remember way back in the day when L en used to try to teach Claudia the dances ……..Very Happy Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:33 pm

B4p wrote:

I liked the Dance Master slot with Rylan and Carmen.
[....]
I'm not sure why they call it 'tunes on Tuesday' when they only have time to mention 3 out of the 12. Bit of a waste of the slot imo

I they're both a bit of unnecessary padding if you ask me. Tunes on Tuesday at least has a bit of humour in it from the other dancers, I thought the Dance Master slot was just embarrassing. Rylan finally got to show off how wonderful he is. Thank god Zoe's on tonight.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:49 pm

I haven't watched a single I.T.T this year. For the sake of those who do watch, I hope it's improved.I haven't missed it at all. Just a platform for celebrity waffle and "all about me" affected folk. Sorry.... Sad

p.s Ae they still choosing the guests from Colgate patient files?
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next