Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will lift the glitter ball?

+2
jingle
saxonsiren
6 posters

Go down

who will win

Who will lift  the glitter ball? Vote_lcap25%Who will lift  the glitter ball? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
Who will lift  the glitter ball? Vote_lcap50%Who will lift  the glitter ball? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 2 ]
Who will lift  the glitter ball? Vote_lcap25%Who will lift  the glitter ball? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4

Who will lift  the glitter ball? Empty Who will lift the glitter ball?

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:35 am

So for me apathy feelings re SCD final this year. Not sure who I wish to win. Kelvin from day 1 been fantastic so for me not a SCD short trip to Dusseldorf. Karim up and down re is he a ringer or not . Emma been flung about at times like a doll, footwork and frame wobbly. However Emma has had an SCD j.ourney... Chris I'd have voted for as slightly better than Emma,

So it depends on the showcase dance....
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Who will lift  the glitter ball? Empty Re: Who will lift the glitter ball?

Post  jingle Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:32 am

Yes, I'm a bit apathetic about the final too Sax. A shame that it's not a four-way competition this year, it'll feel very short.

I've voted for Karim who has now become my default favourite - he may not have had a j. word, but he's sure had a bumpy ride to the final and so I'll be supporting him as the underdog. I also like the look of his showdance from the clips on ITT.  

As for the other two, I'm not bothered if Kelvin wins. He'd be a bit like a Joe McFadden win for me, a bit 'meh, ok, he'll do'.  However if Emma wins I shall spontaneously combust with indignation and cries of 'fix'!  Sorry, you can tell I'm not a fan.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:06 pm

Not to depress, but after being a lifetime dance fan and watching Strictly from Day/Show 1, I find myself suddenly, strangely shoulder shruggingly indifferent to it all, and that's worrying. Might be the weather, my current mood or my football team, who knows? I'm still a large part convinced the show has had its run and mobile voting is just a big con. All a bit "Roman Games" spectacle style stuff with the crowd baying for blood without caring whose blood it is. A completely new board clean seems needed with a totally different format. What that might be, I really haven't the faintest idea. Sherlock Holmes now has a mobile phone, James Bond is a computer expert and women S.A.S black-op warriors have taken over the world. I might watch "Flying Down to Rio" instead. Very Happy
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:22 pm

I understand the collective pain, but I shall still be watching and enjoying the end of the series. I'm hoping Kelvin will win, but nothing will surprise me. They've all worked incredibly hard, especially this week. I guess they're all running on adrenaline and fresh air.

Kelvin - Not a stage dancer like the other two, but an actor with natural rhythm. Consistently good, I've enjoyed watching team Floti. Oti's choreography rocks.

Karim -  I'm not sure Karim would get any more votes, even if he danced himself dizzy. He's been consistently near the top of the leaderboard, and twice in the dance-off. Not sure a Contemporary dance will have the 'wow' factor for his show dance. He's talented. I respect his hard work. I've enjoyed Amy's choreography this year, but as a team, they don't really light my fire or interest.

Emma - I think if Emma won there would be a backlash of fans shouting 'fix'. Yes it would be nice for An ton after all these years, but she is not in the same league as the two men. With a Charleston still fresh from a few weeks ago, the showdance being a ballroom, I'm guessing their couple's choice is probably not going to be a latin either. I didn't like the digs at Karim about his previous dance experience then denying she'd been in the same situation.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:13 am

jingle wrote:Yes, I'm a bit apathetic about the final too Sax. A shame that it's not a four-way competition this year, it'll feel very short.

I've voted for Karim who has now become my default favourite - he may not have had a j. word, but he's sure had a bumpy ride to the final and so I'll be supporting him as the underdog. I also like the look of his showdance from the clips on ITT.  

As for the other two, I'm not bothered if Kelvin wins. He'd be a bit like a Joe McFadden win for me, a bit 'meh, ok, he'll do'.  However if Emma wins I shall spontaneously combust with indignation and cries of 'fix'!  Sorry, you can tell I'm not a fan.

We're apathetic it seems (well, B4p a bit less so).

I quite honestly don't want any of them to win. Kelvin has been billed as a non-dancer but he is just as stage school as Karim. Ditto Emma, who allegedly danced in Chicago. I say allegedly because I can find no evidence of it and her dancing really isn't up much for a final. Even Chris Hollins was better (actually, he might not have been, I genuinely can only remember his Charleston).

As you know, by this stage I don't let personal Agins and Afors get in the way - its all about who I most enjoy watching dance. So for me it was between Ashley and Faye last year. But this year there isn't anybody that I really, really enjoy watching.

Karim hares around like the white rabbit (white hare?) and has very little softness or nuance in his performances - he is such a people pleaser that you can feel the tension in him as he dances (wanting to get it right and please Amy and the judges) and so he never really relaxes into the dance just letting the music take him.

I can't level this criticism at Kelvin to be fair, but there is something about his head, neck and shoulders which bother me during his dances and it spoils my enjoyment. I can't get over not having proper Northern Soul in his Couples Choice dance (two flippin' steps!) - and I can't unsee him as an Aardman character. Also, I will never, ever, ever forgive that net nipple-revealing shirt he had on in the paso. He clearly works out with massive weights and it's not a physique I admire (and he CAN help that -nobody is that built unless they do really BIG weights, it's a choice he has made), especially for elegant dancing. Apart from the Jive where the beefiness seem to fit in, I just haven't enjoyed watching him on the dancefloor, even if he is technically proficient and has good musicality.

And then of course Emma... On the dance floor she has good characterisation, but she is so wobbly and stumbly and technically she is severely lacking. Even I could see she was missing out heel leads in the dance on Saturday night. However, if she sold the dance to me in other ways I would instantly forgive her lack of heel leads, but she has a lack of presence on the dance floor. She tends to look older than she is and kind of... mumsy (apart from the Austin Powers dance - still her best for me). In contrast Michelle always looked younger than she is when dancing - she had real presence and really sold the dances. Emma really isn't good enough to be in the final as far as I am concerned and she doesn't have anything, like Chris Hollins did, that would win me over in other ways.

So, nobody for the glitterball this year. Give it to Tess to wear as an earring with one of her shiny, a-symmetrical quality street wrapper dresses - one earring will enhance the a-symmetry...

Off to watch Danny Mac, Ashley and Faye and Debbie McGee to sooth my soul and watch dances I enjoy seeing.

Bah humbug!!!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Who will lift  the glitter ball? Empty Re: Who will lift the Glitterball

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:56 pm

I'm not apathetic!!!!! Its not been the best of years and I'm not rooting for anyone in particular but that means I feel more relaxed and will just enjoy it for what it is - a nice collection of dances. I'm sure I'm going to forget this lot very easily though!!Smile Smile

I hope Kelvin wins but if Emma and A nton win I'll be delighted too...……………………. Very Happy Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum