Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just need to talk

+4
TANGOLERO
jingle
B4p
saxonsiren
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Just need to talk - Page 2 Empty Re: Just need to talk

Post  saxonsiren Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:10 pm

Hi everyone I hope you have all had a good Christmas and managed to see loved ones.
My Dad is ok he has good days when he will chat & pain is under control. There are times when his legs go into spasams & cramp and is very painful. Boxing Day I had a good visit with him and he asked to wear my Christmas Hat. I took a photo to keep the memory as he smiled & looked at ease.
I have whatsapped Dad on Christmas Day so could join in my mom and younger sisters visit. The Activities team in the Home arrange the times for Whatsapp call & sit with Dad & help the conversation along. Each day one of the team come and chat to dad.
He still asks when is the Dr going to let him come home.

Mom was not alone over Christmas. We took her out for lunch on the 22nd which she enjoyed. Christmas eve my sister took her to visit Dad. Christmas Day my siater cooked and she & her partner stayed overnight.
I went Boxing Day am with hubby..We went to see Dad. I took a buffet over and my sister & partner came to.
We stayed until 8..
Mom had yesterday off from visiting as she isn't sleeoing well and looked tired.
We found out Dads Social Workers name on Christmas Eve. A meeting has been arranged on 11th January with Nurses, St Giles Respite Team, Social Worker and Mom to go through Dads care & the forms for funding Dads care.
Dad has a catheter change on the 20th Jan & this ofyen unsettles him.
Plan has been done if Dad has infection not to treat.
He has a DNR in place. His kidney function is low & pulse low too. He does have bradicardia but its lower than usual.
We have no time frame given.. We just go day to day.
Seeing him with no pain is a good day. Still very hard thou.

much love
Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:15 pm

Sax, I'm so glad to hear that your dad seems more settled now, and is able to enjoy family visits, as well as the whatsapp calls. It's also good to hear that your mum is bearing up and that she had plenty of company and support over Christmas. As you say, it's a matter of taking each day as it comes, and treasuring every moment you have with your dad.

You've done so very much to make sure he's more comfortable and cared for, and I'm sure you're absolutely exhausted by now - but I'm glad that the services seem to be coming together to make sure he gets the best care.  I hope you can take comfort and strength in knowing that you've helped both your parents immeasurably to get through these difficult days.

Sending you a big hug I love you flower
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:04 pm

How are you sax?

I've put you a new Drop-Zone Polling thread on the main show page to bring you in with all the other weekly threads. It looks a bit lonely for you stuck on your own on the home page. Hope that's ok? If not, then I can easily delete it.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone else in the next few weeks flower
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Just need to talk - Page 2 Empty Tony Adams.

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:15 pm

This is one reason I hope Strictly isn't too harsh on this guy. This interview is a bit lengthy, but hat off from me for a brave, honest and open view on the bad side of a professional footballer. Well done Tony, and the best of luck.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m00054hn/hardtalk-tony-adams-former-captain-arsenal-football-club#xtor=CS8-1000-%5BPromo_Box%5D-%5BSport_Promo%5D-%5BSport_Promo%5D-%5BPS_IPLAYER~N~m00054hn~P_HardTalkTonyAdams%5D
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

saxonsiren likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:15 pm

Very interesting interview Tango. Thanks for the post
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down