Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brucie everyone\'s favourite presenter Forsyth Forsyth

+5
Twirlie
Pink Pinot Girl
saxonsiren
Lucielle
Betty
9 posters

Go down

Brucie everyone\'s favourite presenter Forsyth Forsyth Empty Brucie everyone's favourite presenter Forsyth Forsyth

Post  Betty Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:22 pm

For God sake why can't we have a decent presenter,poor Brucie should be tucked up in bed,he keeps fluffing his words/jokes,he can't even read the auto cue, his joke about Robbie Savage was disgusting,why does he not just bow out gracfully.It puts me off watching Strictly,infact we have started turning the sound down when he talks.PLEASE<PLEASE<PLEASE give us a break

Betty

Back to top Go down

Brucie everyone\'s favourite presenter Forsyth Forsyth Empty Re: Brucie everyone\'s favourite presenter Forsyth Forsyth

Post  Lucielle Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:36 pm

Sadly, I agree with you Betty. (Hello, btw Brucie everyone\'s favourite presenter Forsyth Forsyth S0320) He said he would retire when his wife told him that he was past it, but I don't think he's listening any more. No Although back again this series, I feel pretty sure it will be his last.
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Brucie everyone\'s favourite presenter Forsyth Forsyth Empty Re: Brucie everyone\'s favourite presenter Forsyth Forsyth

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:55 pm

Brucie bless his cotton socks is an old school style entertainer and of course they never stop until they break a leg!

Think maybe Brucie could just be given a cameo role say as really id hate to see him just pensioned off.He could have a My Favourite round!

Think a lot of newbies could still be taught something by Brucie stamina and the sheer dedication to the business, how long will Ant & Dec last for or Paddy thingy?

Soon Brucie Parky Wogan Tarbuck ( where has he gone?) will no longer be with us and then will we all recognise their talents and miss them?

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Pink Pinot Girl Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:16 am

Betty wrote:For God sake why can't we have a decent presenter,poor Brucie should be tucked up in bed,he keeps fluffing his words/jokes,he can't even read the auto cue, his joke about Robbie Savage was disgusting,why does he not just bow out gracfully.It puts me off watching Strictly,infact we have started turning the sound down when he talks.PLEASE<PLEASE<PLEASE give us a break

I love Brucie.

His jokes are corny but he's an old pro and is an integral part of the show as far as I'm concerned.

Tess on the other hand is completely and utterly rubbish (IMO) but I certainly wouldn't let her spoil the show for me.
Pink Pinot Girl
Pink Pinot Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:54 pm

Perhaps Tess is not allowed to be anything other than a stooge for B ruce? But I do agree she's a bit wooden. And as for that husband of hers, I wooden (oops) wouldn't give him the time of day! geek
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:32 pm

Lucielle wrote:Although back again this series, I feel pretty sure it will be his last.
Didn't we say that last year, and the year before that too? Question
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:20 pm

Twirlie wrote:
Lucielle wrote:Although back again this series, I feel pretty sure it will be his last.
Didn't we say that last year, and the year before that too? Question
I certainly thought that last year because (at the show) he looked very doddery before it went live but as soon as the titles rolled he bounced back to life! I do feel, though, this year his performance has deteriorated quite drastically and, if he is listening to anyone, he should be calling it a day. Having said that, however, I saw today on teletext when he was knighted he said he wouldn't be retiring, so it looks as if Brucie will have to be pushed! Rolling Eyes
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya53 Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:13 pm

Sorry but just can't agree - I CAN agree with all the doddery bits etc - but even with them he is head and shoulders above so many and will be a very very tough act to follow. I, for one, love that he is still going, still loving it, and should be applauded for his amaing career, and I wonder just how much a hit Stictly would hve been without him in the begining. I do hope he goes with diginity, but I think he will, he has not got the career he has by being stupid, and as he is still doing live tele mile better than some a third of his age, I feel sure he will know when to go.
Maya53
Maya53

Back to top Go down

Brucie everyone\'s favourite presenter Forsyth Forsyth Empty Re: Brucie everyone's favourite favourite presenter

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:53 pm

One thing has baffled me about Brucie everyone\'s favourite presenter Forsyth for sometime now is that when you see him talking naturally or being interviewed in a 'straight' situation (such as about his knighthood) he seems very 'with it' and witty, I really enjoyed the documentaries he did about Las Vegas and about dancing in the Caribbean - I can't help thinking that it is the naff scripted jokes and autocue that make him appear as he does on SCD.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:04 am

I agree with mauveangel

He is naturally witty and sharp but I think that this gets lost in his stage persona. I'm sure if he was just Br uce the person and not the vaudeville entertainer, he would still come across as caring to the dancers. Leaving the baggage of the music hall jokes behind would be to his advantage, as he doesn't really need that act anymore.

I do get irritated when he repeats the judges comments to the contestants as though he's translating for them. Mad
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:21 am

B4p wrote:I agree with mauveangel

He is naturally witty and sharp but I think that this gets lost in his stage persona. I'm sure if he was just Br uce the person and not the vaudeville entertainer, he would still come across as caring to the dancers. Leaving the baggage of the music hall jokes behind would be to his advantage, as he doesn't really need that act anymore.

I do get irritated when he repeats the judges comments to the contestants as though he's translating for them. Mad

No Brucie everyone\'s favourite presenter Forsyth fan but I do agree with all that. Interviewed on ITT a couple of years ago he was a different person - much improved.
Littlebear
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum