Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Jordans are off!

+6
Poppetlovestango
diamondsandpearls
saxonsiren
Sid
CaledonianCraig
TANGOLERO
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Jordans are off! Empty The Jordans are off!

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:03 am

J ames and O la are leaving Strictly at the end of this series to join Channel 4. From what I can gather they're going to a non-dance show?
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

The Jordans are off! Empty Re: The Jordans are off!

Post  CaledonianCraig Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:37 am

Hmm I am not sure what to make of this. Good as it means new blood? Or bad as it is another two stalwart pros leaving the show so soon after Vincent.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:56 pm

Good riddance to them and their egos.

All they seem to have done is moan about a show that's opened many doors for them. After all, without Strictly there'd be no signing now with Channel 4.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:17 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Hmm I am not sure what to make of this. Good as it means new blood? Or bad as it is another two stalwart pros leaving the show so soon after Vincent.

Aye, I have mixed feelings too C.C. James always seemed a decent and patient teacher if a bit laddish, and he has to side with O la who it seems the problems are around. I'm a bit "traditional" and so many old favourites have gone already. It's all a bit like my music collection, who wants vynil, casettes and video any more?
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:06 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

Aye, I have mixed feelings too C.C. James always seemed a decent and patient teacher if a bit laddish, and he has to side with O la who it seems the problems are around. I'm a bit "traditional" and so many old favourites have gone already. It's all a bit like my music collection, who wants vynil, casettes and video any more?

Yes those are my sentiments as well. And what calibre (or lack of) pro dancers will be replacing them? Of course I take it Robin Windsor will be back for the next series which will be good news.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:44 pm

I liked James a lot and he had personality to offer too. O.la mmm sometimes good ie with Chris othertimes a drama queen ie poor Steve! Wonder what type of non dance show? A chat show or fashion? Wonder if Kevin's sister be permanant and Trent? If A.nton goes too it leaves few of the originals left. pale too many yes Mr Producer man will be the death of SCD
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:57 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2861003/put a vest on you strumpet-Jordan-quit-Strictly-Come-Dancing-new-deal-husband-James.html
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:02 pm

I think new blood is always a mixed blessing - dependent on who you get. Whilst I ADORED Lilia I never felt any warmth or love for Darren and didn't miss him one iota, and the same goes for Karen Cutler - so not all the originals gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling. Kevin from Grimsby is a great addition and Aljaz has proved himself this series as someone I would be sad to do without. I miss Artem too, but actually haven't missed Robin. He's a lovely chap - but when he leaves the room I don't notice he's gone, so to speak. I haven't taken to Joanne, or Mark's partner (see, can't even remember her name!) even though she is now on her second season. I sometimes think it takes a second season to bed in properly, but she hasn't managed it for me. It remains to be seen about Joanne.

I think James and O la's time is up - it's all started to turn a bit sour. Both were good in their day - as teachers and choreographers and as entertainers - but I think they have done a good thing for all concerned in jumping ship just now. I would be joyful if Erin returned in O la's place, but if that is not possible I would hope we get a new, engaging pro in her place who knows their choreography and teaching techniques.

So basically - it depends on who the new blood is and how they shape up as to whether it is a good or a bad thing...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:34 pm

I was sorry to see Artem go as he was a real talent. Aljaz, I agree has been a splendid addition as has Kevin who has real personality. I also agree about Robin because I haven't really missed him. The real blows for me were Erin, and Vincent and Flavia (will they ever replace such talent as those two?). Only Trent, amongst the men, has seen enough air-time to make an impact so far of the newbies. I think my favourite lady is now quite decidedly, Natalie. Embarassed
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

The Jordans are off! Empty RE The Jordans are off

Post  Poppetlovestango Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:43 am

I reckon Oi ! Less Arse-wiggling (like others) may be pregnant (if not trying) as she has reverted to her normal brunette hair colour
I believe that when pregnant you are advised not to dye your hair also she is not as svelte as she has been in previous years.
I think they have run their course on SCD and I wish them good luck in the future.
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:13 pm

Can't see anybody being offered a T.V show contract if there was any possibility of pregnancy. Hints, rumours and pure gossip-mongering have always been aimed at the female dancers on Strictly. I feel this, like most of the others, is pure Borax. I'd be tempted to say to them both (in the very best Darcy manner, of course)

"Accept my best wishes for your health and happiness." Embarassed
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:16 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Can't see anybody being offered a T.V show contract if there was any possibility of pregnancy. Hints, rumours and pure gossip-mongering have always been aimed at the female dancers on Strictly.

If the Jordan's have a Peter Andre / Katie Price type reality show lined up, where cameras follow them round then I wouldn't be surprised if there's a pregnancy storyline where we go to doctors visits with the Jordans and wait outside the loo while put a vest on you strumpet takes a pregnancy test etc Neutral

But I also heard talk of them teaming up with Arlene Phillips to do a show or something, and pregnancy would get in the way of that.

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:01 pm

I thought O.la denied she's leaving Strictly? Or maybe I was 'behind the curve' as usual?!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:15 pm

cellar-door wrote:I thought O.la denied she's leaving Strictly? Or maybe I was 'behind the curve' as usual?!

I just went off the link I posted C.D. All sounds a bit ?
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:26 pm

Well we had Katie and Andre we had The Addams ooops I mwan The Osbourne's so why bot the Jiving Jordan's with a j.ourney of their own?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

The Jordans are off! Empty Re: The Jordans are off

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:23 pm

Don't know why anyone is surprised - it was obviously her last season by her whole demeanour the whole way through and the fact that J ames departure was not exactly amicable - I was surprised that she came back at all but they have managed to keep in the public eye by O la staying for one more series whilst J ames was out there laying the groundwork for other deals for them - quite clever as it would have been harder if they had both 'disappeared' together at the same time. It is interesting that they are following a slightly different path than other former SCD pros - ie - the dance and touring shows. Unfortunately I don't give them long in a non-dance related show (probably famous last words!) but good luck to them - although never my favourites it is sad to see long standing members of SCD leave and make way no doubt for other 'Burn the Floor' types!!!

Who was it asked if Tristan's wife is being lined up to come into the show??????????? Could be possible, particularly with this news...............

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:50 pm

Mauve I did wonder if Trent's wife be in SCD as the new Jordans! But i was kidding???
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:46 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Mauve I did wonder if Trent's wife be in SCD as the new Jordans! But i was kidding???

Sorry - Sax - I meant Trent's wife (not Tristan!) - not beyond the realms of possibility I think - particularly as there will now
be a vacancy for a female pro - I know that Trent was a stand-in for R obin but I'm sure that they will want to keep him having been so successful
with Pixie - but I do hope that R obin comes back.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:21 am

mauveangel09 wrote:Who was it asked if Tristan's wife is being lined up to come into the show???????????    Could be possible, particularly with this news...............
Not Tristan's (she's a film producer) but Trent's wife Gordana has been one of the backing extras this series and seems to like getting into every shot
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:25 am

Sid wrote: I also heard talk of them teaming up with Arlene Phillips to do a show or something, and pregnancy would get in the way of that.
I heard that too. James has also been talking about doing a dance tour or dance show next year. They also work doing dance workshops at Sandals Holiday resort in Barbados for 2-3 months in the spring.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:18 am

B4p wrote:
I heard that too. James has also been talking about doing a dance tour or dance show next year. They also work doing dance workshops at Sandals Holiday resort in Barbados for 2-3 months in the spring.

Nice work if you can get it!!! Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:51 am

Ive never seen them dance in Sandals thou!! Will James be wearing a long shirt too Very Happy o
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:28 pm

O la's had a bad accident with her leg whilst doing some daft skiing show. Sounds pretty serious. Sincerely hope she's okay and recovers.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:11 pm

Best wishes to Ol.a and hope she makes a full recovery.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

The Jordans are off! Empty The Jordans are off

Post  Poppetlovestango Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:30 pm

Best wishes to Ol a,  I hope the injuries aren't as bad as first thought and she makes a full
recovery.
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum