Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Little Bit of Honesty.

+12
cellar-door
Poppetlovestango
CaledonianCraig
mauveangel09
Twirlie
saxonsiren
TANGOLERO
Sid
Tina Sparkle
B4p
Moova 12
diamondsandpearls
16 posters

Page 6 of 42 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24 ... 42  Next

Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 6 Empty Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  Twirlie Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:33 pm

I know Katie and A.nton have the Argentine Tango, and I'm sure someone mentioned the Rumba but I can't remember who. I've no idea what anyone else is doing.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:10 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

Post as many times as you like D&P, that's what the forum's about, surely? Much of what you say is spot on, but Strictly has become first and foremost a popularity show ruled by the Twitterati whoopers and hollerers who sit at home in their leopard-skin onesies, hiding behind a dustbin full of popcorn and four hamburgers whilst they one-handedly (make that one thumb) tap in votes for Katy Price's husband. Oh, I say, does that sound a bit cruel...well, er, tough. I'm sure it's nothing like that really. No, really.lol!  

Oops mine's a comfy pair of pj bottoms,hiding behind my bowlful of pistachios,olives and cheeseboard and I use my thumb cheers for Internet voting for anyone but KP's ex hubby! lol!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:26 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:What have they all got for next week, anyone know yet?

Twirlie wrote:I know Katie and A.nton have the Argentine Tango, and I'm sure someone mentioned the Rumba but I can't remember who. I've no idea what anyone else is doing.

Katie - AT
Anita - Rumba
Jay - Tango
Peter - AS
Helen - VW

Just waiting on Georgia and Kellie's dances.

This might be a trickier week for Anita and Gleb. Rumba is hard and I'm not sure she's as suited to the slower, more lyrical dances. It's going to be quite exposing for someone who hs to rely more on performance because her technique and finishing isn't quite as good as the others.

I envisage Katie's long silhouettes and leg extensions will make for a stunning Argentine Tango. Just need her to get into and out of the lifts smoothly or it'll break the mood.

Peter should be fine with American Smooth, he only did one a couple of weeks ago Wink

Tango is a chance for Jay to really show he's not just a beautiful dancer but a PERFORMER. His Paso and AT were slightly lacking. I think he'll nail it.

Helen should be fine. Ballroom is her thing.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:35 pm

Sid wrote:Katie - AT, Anita - Rumba, Jay - Tango, Peter - AS, Helen - VW

Thanks Sid. Interesting. Noting what you say, although I think Anita might do a good Rumba, for some reason. Easier for women than men in that one and her partnership with Gleb is good. Makes me wonder now which way the voters will go. Will they vote Peter in for another dance off and, with Jamelia gone, against who? I don't want to blindly keep Katie in at the expense of a better dancer, but if her improvement carries on (and it may well do that), well, ......?Problem is now, we have four/five competitors who have been consistently good throughout and the second team have all gone for early baths. It's great to think it might be judged purely on merit with a level playing field and no handicaps, but someone has to go. Effectively, it could be Peter, and one of Katie, Kellie or Helen for the d/o because I think Georgia, Jay and Anita may well be the final three.......but then again......an Housewives choice/Katie win.......????? Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 6 Empty Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:26 pm

Just listening to Jamelia on ITT giving a very nice good bye speech...........She seems very relaxed and happy to be free of it all!! :lAlso saying she is so thankful to have got to Blackpool and to have gone out on a high............... Well she certainly won't be forgotten in terms of holding the Dance Off record.

Reading your last post Mr T made me realize that we are now truly at the business end of the competition so one or other of us are going to be upset every week from now on as our favourites are going to be picked off - fact Crying or Very sad

I think last night the j udges took the easy option and put the boot in as P eter was up against Jamelia in the DO. It would have been too blatant and indeed impossible for them to justify keeping him in if he had been pitted against any other couple at the weekend- so it was easy pickings for them with Jamelia and a chance for them to keep him in - L en's half hearted protest made no difference to anything and they knew it!

If he gets a 'bounce back' vote next show then we might be stuck with him for another two weeks. I firmly believe that they should judge the DO on that one performance alone - it is very difficult when you get two dancers of equal ability and I can see how they have to look at the bigger picture in those cases -but I didn't feel they needed to do it last night - J amelia (who I voted in our poll to leave) did a surprisingly excellent quickstep and scored higher than P eter, she didn't have a disaster in the DO which might have eliminated her. P eter's dance wasn't anything approaching a jive and had no jive technique whatsoever -and like others on here, I think he performed worse in the DO - he had dodgy week so he should have gone - simple as that!

There was a time when you could rely on the judges to keep the best dancer in the DO in the competition, regardless of whether they were getting the votes or not. They completely reversed this last night.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:15 pm

Twirlie wrote:While I suppose I can see there is support for taking previous weeks' scores etc. into account for the dance-off, or even the amount of improvement each couple makes over the weeks, surely that's so subjective as to be nothing but infuriating to the whole audience, and the contestants themselves as well. The only safe way for the dance-off to work is for the judges to base their decision on the performance in the dance-off! Nothing else is fair unless you do away with the dance-off altogether and then you get the situations where people like John Sergeant could win the competition, which in my opinion is ridiculous.

I'm in favour of no dance off, nobody leaving each week. All of them stay until the bitter end. Or at least the penultimate week and then the top four can fight it out.

BUT.... If you must have someone leaving then I think the dance off is a good idea for balancing judges and voter's decisions. And if you are going to have a dance-off, then absolutely must the outcome be judged on the performance in the dance off, and only that.

Jamelia scored higher with the judges than Pete on Saturday, and clearly (to all but a blind ass) danced better in the dance off than Pete. So just as clearly, the three judges who saved Pete decided to take his past performances into account. Which is inconsistent and just NOT FAIR!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:25 pm

saxonsiren wrote:

Oops mine's a comfy pair of pj bottoms,hiding behind my bowlful  of pistachios,olives and cheeseboard and I use my thumb cheers for Internet voting for anyone but KP's ex hubby! lol!

Thank you for your tolerance of my rantings Tango and everyone!

Mine is a maribou-trimmed, peach, bias-cut ankle-length gown decorated with crystals around the bodice, elbow length satin gloves, a small tiara atop beautifully coiffed hair, diamond earrings, satin heels, standing in front of caviar, truffles and a plate of finest oysters and clasping a crystal glass of Dom Perignon whilst my butler votes at my behest for the best dressed (another free rhyme for you there darlings :-) ), most improved and most charming.

Which rules out Mr Andre on all three counts... (and gives Katie most of my votes - but only if she gives me her dress so that I can have a change from the peach number...)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:01 pm

^.^ When not wearing Mr Darcy outfits (like never) I have a penchant for dark trousers and black shoes (although summer might see me in cargo pants) , short-sleeved shirt and my beloved cardigans. Trainers do not look good on older gentlemen (trendy I am not),so the only ones I have are for gardening and a very odd golf game. I do however, think that all men should occasionally go somewhere in full regalia of tuxedo and black/white-tie wear. Unfortunately, in the past and whilst doing my best Darcy imitation, I have a couple of times been mistaken for a doorman. Most ego deflating. Embarassed Crying or Very sad

lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:12 pm

I practically live in trackies and hoodies. Soz to kill the glam Laughing

Oh how I laughed tonight when Jamelia mentioned re-recording a standing ovation for Peter (with AIR QUOTES!!!). This weekend has only reinforced my view that a falseness has crept into Strictly. It doesn't feel as honest or as truthful a show as it once did and I think we've all touched on the reasons that have created that feeling. I watch with more cynical eyes now.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:15 am

I now have the image of our group photo of us all for the forum! king what a lovely set,pearls,hooded, tiara's, pj's,dark trousers,satin peach gowns and a Butler in a parlour! lol!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:34 am

saxonsiren wrote:I now have the image of  our group photo of us all for the forum! king what a lovely set,pearls,hooded, tiara's, pj's,dark trousers,satin peach gowns and a Butler in a parlour! lol!
With Housewives choice as the butler I presume! Very Happy
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:27 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I now have the image of our group photo of us all for the forum! king what a lovely set,pearls,hooded, tiara's, pj's,dark trousers,satin peach gowns and a Butler in a parlour! lol!

Twirlie wrote:
With Housewives choice as the butler I presume! Very Happy

lol! lol!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 6 Empty Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:45 pm

I don't normally read much of the tabloid stuff but Jamelia seems to have cooked up a storm with her comments - coming so soon after O la's reported comments about things being 'fixed' - I know that the producers always love a bit of controversy to liven up a series but this seems different somehow - all the main newspapers running variations of the story and I took a peek on both the SCD Facebook page and the website blog and there seems to be a lot of dejected and angry people out there who think that Sunday's result was a travesty.............didn't see one person who thought that P eter should have stayed. I'm now wondering whether he will benefit from the 'bounce back sympathy' vote or not - it will be very interesting to see how the j udges play it this week.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:55 pm

Claims of show "fixing" do seem a bit exagerated when the two main opponents involved were both in the exit-door dance off and not in an arm-wrestling contest for the glitterball. Hardly top grade skullduggery of O la proportions. What the anger/frustration on here was about was simply that the whole point of a dance off is to determine who dances best and goes through. The judges didn't even blink in firing Peter through but just said he was the one they wanted to "save". Clever wording but not leaving much to the imagination. I sort of wish Jamelia had just accepted the verdict and let her supporters throw the housebricks.. Everyone knew it was wrong and her dance was the better, but she would have got far more respect from a dignified silence instead of breaking pots herself.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:19 am

Jamelia always had a record for being a bit "mouthy". I agree better she had remained silent and dignified and let others argue for her exit. Now it would be controversial if a pro dancer or celeb STILL in the competing to advise they feel it's fixed etc. Now if the judges bounce Peter next week people will complain and if they save him in the do they will complain too. We have always had dodgy do decisions why is Peter having a hard time? I'm not a fan no but curious at the ripples around him,
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:09 pm

I don't know about keeping quiet on this occasion. The difference in dance-off performances was so patently obvious to everybody. And then re-recording a standing ovation. I'm quite pleased Jamelia spoke out - and I'm not generally a fan - but I think injustices should be called out. Rather her than the Jordans who are only making a noise now they're off the show - they were happy to go along with it otherwise.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:13 pm

Sid wrote:I practically live in trackies and hoodies. Soz to kill the glam Laughing

Some days I don't change out of my dog-walking gear Shocked

I thought Peter's response on ITT last night was the best it could have been, frankly.  Was expecting to watch him squirm.  Nevertheless, I don't think he's long for the competition, unless of course the judges give him four tens every week from now until the final (stranger things have happened).
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:15 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Jamelia always had a record for being a bit "mouthy". I agree better she had remained silent and dignified and let others  argue for her exit. Now it would be controversial  if a pro dancer or celeb STILL  in the competing to advise they feel it's fixed etc. Now if the judges bounce Peter next week people will complain and if they save him in the do they will complain too. We have always had dodgy do decisions  why is Peter having a hard time? I'm not a fan no but curious at the ripples around him,

Answering that Sax, and observing the thread title criteria of honesty, this week should put it to bed because, apart from one week when his V.W got two 9's, Peter has hardly broken any pots. Overall, his marks have been better than Jamelia's but now she's gone he effectively has to perform better than an improving Katie, because last week he was by far the poorest on show. Katie may have reached her watershed, or not, as the case may be (oh, how I hope not, and she can go on), but the rest are all superior dancers to Peter so his status as singer (cough), pop star and category of shirt removing and fumbles in the jungle with that woman should count for naught. Then again, the G.B.P are involved, so.....
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:06 pm

True Mr D regarding this week's performance by Peter and Janette. He has to go for broke to silence critics and win fans over. Janette had a lot to respond too as well re choreography and that killer streak winning tactic ploy. I hope the judges are consistent with their scoring from now on. Helen and Kellie for me play the danger game as in Helen may be forgotten and Kellie needs to do something new! Kevin please listen and push your safety boundaries out of the box.

I'm not sure about a clear winner yet, Jay started well and favourite whilst Georgia and Anita have bloomed. Katie riding a high and please let it carry on for longer.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:07 pm

The BBC are obviously taking the row over this week's dance off seriously. I thought L.en did quite a good job of damage limitation on ITT tonight. Whether or not we believe everything he said, I wouldn't be surprised if he believed it.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:35 pm

I truly believe now (following a succession of media back-stabbing) that the newspapers have Strictly down as public enemy number one now. I say this as this is the fourth such story to emerge in the press (in this series alone) with supposedly dancers or pros slating the show. Anthony Agogo was eliminated and claimed racism was to blame (or so the papers made out), O.la exited the show and claims of the show being fixed was attributed to her although all that was seen on her Twitter page was credited the pro dancers and other niceties and now Jamelia supposedly is saying the show is fixed but have not seen any concrete evidence that she said any such thing. J.ames Jordan this week has also been quoted as saying the show is 'fixed' and that there is a BBC bias towards Peter Andre giving him best slots on the show and music etc.

To me it seems crystal clear that the media are holding a smear campaign against Strictly.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:21 pm

Unfortunately, the "media" involved is almost always the red-top rags. They live on scandal, gossip and rumour and the maxim: "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story". They also wildly exagerate quotes to the point of blatant lies. If O la had said what one-such source had claimed, in large front-page print, she would almost certainly not have been appearing on last Saturday's show.That she did made the claims looks foolish to say the least. Yes, she's leaving the show and her volatile spouse has had a few things to say, but he went through the exit door a while back. It needs Peter to finish up on the street after this week's show and the dust will settle quickly enough....well, till next week anyway.. The real battle will begin then.

Before Saturday, I'm hoping that A nton and Katie might just pay a surprise visit to a certain couple of ex Strictlytango dancers for a little advice on the A.T. Who better? They'll have vote support, but need to turn in some top-class dancing.The competition is somewhat fierce now. Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:45 am

Hmm, the boards seem to have gone a little quiet.... Thought I would poke you all and wake you up (on reflection, probably a bad idea. If I am unexpectedly woken up I am about as winsome as a grizzly bear woken up just a few days into hibernation with temperatures well below zero and no food sources to be found for months. But I think you are all so much nicer than me :-) )

Anyway, Jamelia-gate is now behind us and we look forward to another dazzling display of glitter and up-dos. And a good bit of dancing if we're lucky. I was JUST learning to enjoy the Quickstep, after years and years of consigning it to the "Silly" bin (along with Samba) - and now they're going to spoil it all again with a "Quickstepathon". What does that even mean? Appending 'athon' to a dance doesn't actually make it a real word with a real meaning. I'm positive it means something in ancient Greek, but we left that lingo behind a fair while ago now (at least, here in Cumbria). Anyway, dreading it.

I am also hoping beyond hope that Kellie gets a dress that fits on top, has no bad 80s elements involved in the design, and doesn't appear to be held together with a couple of safety pins at the front, as last week's effort did. I absolutely KNOW that that lovely lady from wardrobe can churn out the most spectacular dresses, so I am blaming Kellie herself, or may Kevin, for not wanting a nice dress. And for that reason alone I want her out....

But obviously first in the queue is Mr Andre. Who has now been elevated to sainthood after his longsuffering endurance of the Jamelia-gate thing. Humble, sincere, and now a saint. Next week he achieves Demi-God status; the week after we will be naming a whole religion after him... Go now, and take your awful flat feet and hunched posture with you.

I have high hopes of Katie and Helen's dresses, and possibly Georgia's (She's a bit too bosomy to look truly elegant. And yes, I speak with flat-chested venom...) Whether Helen's tresses will make the grade remains to be seen.

But the awful truth is that tonight's spectacular spectacular will have to be delayed until I return from seeing The Snow Queen at the Theatre by the Lake in Keswick. Free ticket darlings; couldn't refuse.

I will catch up either in the wee small hours or tomorrow morning. Hope you all have a fun time tonight, and hope your snacks and hoodies do the job,

Right, I'm off to take the jewels out of the vaults and get a last minute fitting for my New Look gown in silver grey satin, with rose pink trimmings and accessories. One has to keep up appearances - even here, in the back of beyond....

Toodle-oo Cool

Last edited by diamondsandpearls on Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : the usual sad typing inaccuracies)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:20 pm

Hi Mr T I'm still in awe,suprise and wow land after arrival of my new Grandson, our first grandchild Gideon. An emergency section but a safe delivery. I shall watch SCD live tonight with a cold glass of bubbles.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:29 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Hi Mr T I'm still in awe,suprise and wow land after arrival  of my new Grandson, our first grandchild Gideon. An emergency section but a safe delivery. I shall watch SCD live tonight with a cold glass of bubbles.

Congratulations to all concerned. cheers
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 42 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24 ... 42  Next