Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Little Bit of Honesty.

+12
cellar-door
Poppetlovestango
CaledonianCraig
mauveangel09
Twirlie
saxonsiren
TANGOLERO
Sid
Tina Sparkle
B4p
Moova 12
diamondsandpearls
16 posters

Page 40 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 40 Empty Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:01 pm

IT was indeed a foregone conclusion but I think it was wrong- Danny may be a better dancer overall but Claudia's quickstep was better. If it really is based on the DO then she should've been through and I can't believe L.en didn't give her his vote.
Anyway, it is what it is, and all to play for. Is it the year of the people's champion in Ore?
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:06 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote: Is it the year of the people's champion in Ore?

I hope and pray it is and restores my faith in what I see as the essence of the show.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:18 pm

Credit to Claudia. An excellent QS, she couldn't have done anymore. A great Pro debut for AJ, to get so far with a non dancer in his first series, is worthy of praise indeed.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:23 pm

Four left, three places and I really wish one of the judges had made the point that there were no losers tonight. It was just dancing musical chairs and the dance off was supposed to be to determine who danced best, well, Claudia did. Danny has been fantastic and I've lauded his dancing all the way through, Claudia a late-coming dark horse has been amazing in her progress. The unvarnished truth is that Danny's final dance was excellent but wasn't seamless (that's what matters to me far more than technicalities) and Claudia blasted her way to a glorious and perfect quickstep that C raig said he would have given a 10. Danny was trying too hard and it showed. The judges were afraid of a Twitter riot and Facebook frenzy and gave it wrongly to Danny. Why have a dance off? Claudia and A.J can rightly feel aggrieved. I'm not screeching at the result overall, but a dance-off it wasnt, but a judges' vote-off. Shame and I trully feel for the losers. Well done Claudia And A.J for a lot of dance enjoyment.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:55 pm

Bah humbug! The Strictly spark went out for me when Ed departed. Judge Rinder, and then Claudia were my last hopes for some interest in the final. As this thread is about honesty, the prospect of a Danny, Louise and Ore final makes me feel like switching channels next week.

Sorry to come across like a grumpy so and so, just wanted to vent!
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:59 pm

Bah humbug too..... you knew once couples announced who the judges wanted to save. It's Greg all over again....terrible markings the viewers felt so re Danny in do. The glitch if it hadn't of happened may have saved C.laudia..... judges until you are honest and only judge on the dance in the dance off not the dances before or what the couple are capable of then I hold no faith re right decision mafe
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:00 pm

A Kevin vs Oti dance off then?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:21 pm

B4p wrote:A Kevin vs Oti dance off then?

Every chance of that B4p with a footballers wives swap-a-ball? Not worrying though, I really believe whoever wins will deserve it. Good luck to them all.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 40 Empty Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:14 pm

Well I don't know what to say..............I can't remember a semi final that was more close and I almost thought they might let all of them through after the voting debacle last night - shades of a semi final a long time ago.......(Tom/Lisa/Rachel etc)

I can't pretend that I have ever been a Claudia fan but I did feel uncomfortable with the DO decision as Claudia did the most brilliant QS and it was her best dance - so in the end I was sorry to see her go but then I kept thinking about how Greg was robbed in Blackpool (sorry folks).

Mr Mauve was all for Danny and the fact that he has been so consistently good through the contest but I don't think that last night was his finest. The American Smooth was brilliant in it's way but was a 'liftathon' in my view and far more like a show dance - great as Oti is, I've realized she is very keen on the showy stuff and lifts etc and I do rather think that Danny's technical shortcomings have been very cleverly disguised (again sorry folks).

I was very glad that Ore got through - I'm sticking to what I thought last night that Ore had two good dances the others had one apiece. I felt it really was a game of two halves in terms of the dances. I don't think I've ever seen the pros so emotional in a semi final either - Oh what a night (as they say!) Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:23 pm

I believe Claudia's QS was better than Danny's AS but he's the better overall dancer and that's what they based their decision on. Similar to Greg vs (ironically) Claudia in Blackpool. It does make the dance-off pretty meaningless tho.  

I still reckon Danny and Oti will win. I think their voters got complacent this week but will be extremely motivated in the final.

I'm not too fussed who wins.

BTW Brendan's blog on this week's iffy scoring is a good read:

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/strictly-come-dancing/feature/a816581/brendan-cole-strictly-come-dancing-column-judges-scoring-beggars-belief/
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:11 pm

Reading some of the Twitter feeds:

Nicole Cutler's finalists would have been Claudia, Danny & Ore

Lilia Kopylova - Claudia should have been in the final

James J - Danny will not win. Agrees with Brendan's blog re bizarre scoring this year.

Lots of Twitter vitriol for Jo Clifton
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:40 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Four left, three places and I really wish one of the judges had made the point that there were no losers tonight. It was just dancing musical chairs and the dance off was supposed to be to determine who danced best, well, Claudia did.  Danny has been fantastic and I've lauded his dancing all the way through, Claudia a late-coming dark horse has been amazing in her progress. The unvarnished truth is that Danny's final dance was excellent but wasn't seamless (that's what matters to me far more than technicalities)  and Claudia blasted her way to a glorious and perfect quickstep that C raig said he would have given a 10. Danny was trying too hard and it showed. The judges were afraid of a Twitter riot and Facebook frenzy and gave it wrongly to Danny. Why have a dance off? Claudia and A.J can rightly feel aggrieved. I'm not screeching at the result overall, but a dance-off it wasnt, but a judges' vote-off. Shame and I trully feel for the losers. Well done Claudia And A.J for a lot of dance enjoyment.  

Mr D I don't always agree with you (sorry) but tonight you have summed up exactly what I am feeling. No, she wasn't better overall but her quickstep was better than Danny's AS. Can't be bothered with the final, don't care who wins now!
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:54 pm

All the above just tends to illustrate what a fiasco Strictly, a supposed dance contest, really is when the public gather round the guillotine. Judges who can't agree normaly suddenly all turn to page 47 of their hymn books, raise their voices in joint acclaim and send a favourite through to the final ignoring the dance off results.C raig mentions a 10 mark and votes against himself, and the delightful Darcy burbles core strength, top line and gollygoshes in agreement with all the marks. (Love the woman, brilliant dancer and very attractive lady anywhere but behind a Latin and Ballroom judges desk.).As for James J's comments they long ago lost credibility up the bushtucker trail somewhere.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:58 pm

fiftynotout wrote:

Mr D I don't always agree with you (sorry) but tonight you have summed up exactly what I am feeling.  No, she wasn't better overall but her quickstep was better than Danny's AS.  Can't be bothered with the final, don't care who wins now!

If people agreed with me Fifty, I'd have no reason to be here. Twas I who started the "Little bit of honesty" thread long ago just so that we could disagree with panache without killing each other...lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:40 am

I hate that there's vitriol for Jo tho, it's not her fault! I'm fed up enough to kinda want a fresh batch of judges, let 'em all bugger off! But then I don't think the judges are ultimately responsible for any manipulation, I think that's down to their bosses, TPTB. And a new panel wouldn't resolve that.

Definitely get shot of the dance-off though. Take that extra bit of power out of their hands.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:54 am

Sid wrote: ! But then I don't think the judges are ultimately responsible for any manipulation, I think that's down to their bosses, TPTB. And a new panel wouldn't resolve that.

Truer than you'll ever know Sid.... Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:52 pm

Sid wrote: I don't think the judges are ultimately responsible for any manipulation, I think that's down to their bosses, TPTB. And a new panel wouldn't resolve that.

I too think you've hit the nail on the head here S id. We now have ample evidence - Greg and C laudia - that the DO is not based just on the one dance that they see before them.
Thinking back I think at least one of the judges might have saved Claudia - I know it wouldn't have made any difference but L en could have at least been true to his roots and made a token show as Mr T says.

Watching the QS on ITT tonight I thought just how good it was. Sad Shame really that they got the rumba for their other dance.

I did really enjoy the show on Saturday night and with no clear favourite I'm hoping that I'll enjoy the Final too but for me I'll now take either of the Cliftons to win over Danny and Oti but I'm sure he will wow in the Final.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:00 pm

Well at long last it's the Final! I think the right three couples have made it to the end. As to who will win? Well who knows. It depends on how the dancing is perceived by the public and by how much they like the celebs. There's little more the judges can do to affect the outcome. After watching Gogglebox the other night, I was surprised at just how much people appreciated Danny and Oti's dancing. A lot of them were mesmerised by his beauty and his dancing. It made me think he might have a chance. Here's a few of my thoughts on the finalists.

Ore has the big "short trip to Dusseldorf" story of the series. As for his having come from nowhere - never having danced before, etc, Joanne has admitted that when she saw him dance in the first of the group rehearsals, she hoped she'd get him because she thought he was so good. We forget that he led the pack early on in the competition. In weeks 4 & 5 it began to look as if it would be a boring series and that he would be the runaway winner. It was only when Danny and Louise picked up their game that it looked less cut and dried. His "short trip to Dusseldorf" story and his incessant crying will pull at the public's heartstrings. It should be enough to give him the win tonight (plus anyone who dances to Gershwin has an automatic boost from the music.)

I think Louise in fact, has had the greatest "short trip to Dusseldorf" of the finalists. It's a long, long time since she was a performer and even then she wasn't a dancer by any means. She was good initially but not amazingly so. She kept to the upper middle of the pack for a long time and just didn't seem to be able to rise above that level. I agree with people who say her Argentine Tango was a major turning point for her. It was then that she seemed to stop being embarrassed about how she looked or moved. I know that early on she was worried about embarrassing her kids. I wonder if her family encouraged her to pick up her game! Whatever it was, she suddenly became a major force to be reckoned with. She's the only one of the finalists never to have been in the DO. She stands a chance of the Glitter Ball, and I wouldn't be too unhappy if she won.

I think much too much has been made of Danny's theatrical background. This is mostly because people don't understand the difference between the different types of performers that are employed for different types of shows. You have dancers, singers who can "move" and singers. Dancers generally have been to ballet school and have moved from ballet into show dancing. Singers tend to be employed especially when there are dancers in a show as well. The dancers dance, the singers stand at the side and sing. Singers who can move? Well it's pretty much as the name suggests and I'd guess Danny falls into this category. They're performers who've had no dance training, but can dance around the stage and look good. As well as Danny, I think that Ore and Louise would fit this sort category if they were stage performers.  I also think that Danny and Oti's work ethic has paid off tremendously in standard of their performances. There's no doubt in my mind that they've worked harder at perfection than anyone else.

The winner? Well I know who I'd like to win and who I think will win. I think Ore will win. He's an excellent dancer and I think he's made enough of an emotional impact on the public to pull in their votes. I think Louise will come second and Danny third. Being the best dancer isn't always an advantage. Colin Jackson, Ricky Whittle, Rachel Stevens and Denise Van Outen showed us that. Public perception of the celebrity is a major factor.

The best dancer of course, and the couple I'd like to win are Danny and Oti. There's no getting away from their talent. Oti's choreography has been a joy to behold. I feel she's brought something new to the competition,  and the couple have kept us enthralled week after week. They've taken my breath away with their stunning dancing. I'd like Louise to come second, (although as I say, I wouldn't be too disappointed if she won.) I'd like Ore to come third. He has never done it for me, and I suppose I'm as guilty as anyone else for being influenced by a pre-conceived notion of him. I accept that he's a good dancer, but I find him hugely manipulative both on and off the dance floor. Besides all the crying, he spends a lot of the time in dances looking at the camera, pulling focus, and not connecting with his partner. OK, I'll stop coming up with excuses. I just don't like him.

It's been a real pleasure reading and contributing to these boards again. Series 14 has had a high standard and has done us proud. I look forward to meeting up again next autumn. If I don't have anything to say after the final, (I will!) may I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a very happy and prosperous 2017.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:21 pm

No I don't think too much is being made about his dance background. If you show his week one dance to a non-Strictly fan and his semi-final dance to them as well I bet they couldn't tell which was which he started off that polished....far too polished for a non-schooled dancer. Also I am pretty sure the judges labelled it as the best week one dance they'd seen on Strictly. He attended Art School (the same one that spawned a long list of noted dancers) so it must be presumed he took dance classes and showed proficiency as he'd late go on to appear in stage musicals. Am I being overly sceptical? No I don't think so and Greg Rutherford (in a report) earlier in the series is quoted as saying he felt disadvantaged going in seeing as Danny Mac and Louise had previous dance experience - so he knew about it as well.

Danny admits in the papers today (as good as) that he trained in dance at school. He is quoted as saying:"I was never going to be a dancer, I was never dancing, that was never going to happen, I've never been employed as one. It was part of my training at drama school. But if people want to believe that because they don't want to vote for me, then so be it.'

If Danny wins tonight then congratulations to him as he is a great dancer and meritous of it on dance talent. My chief gripe is that much of that dance talent was there going in - no learning of note needed to the degree I love to see from Strictly winners.

Okay Louise is from a similar background but at the outset of Strictly was a shy, timmering beastie (as we say in Scotland) and has had to learn to really let herself go and express herself so at least she has had to learn about expression.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:23 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
Okay Louise is from a similar background but at the outset of Strictly was a shy, timmering beastie (as we say in Scotland) and has had to learn to really let herself go and express herself so at least she has had to learn about expression.

Ha, ha - I'm a Scot too. You can't call her a shy timmering beastie. It has to be cow'rin or nothing! Laughing Laughing
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:27 pm

Twirlie wrote:

Ha, ha - I'm a Scot too. You can't call her a shy timmering beastie. It has to be cow'rin or nothing! Laughing Laughing

Well there are variations but the point remains the same as in she has had to learn to come out of her shell.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:36 pm

Hi everyone

Only 10 mins to go!!!!

I honestly think that any one of them will be a worthy winner. It is so close to call this year that I think it may well be one of those years where it is decided on the show dance. So much can happen on the night and I can think of so many years where the person that was thought to be the favourite didn't actually win - so we shall see.

Kudos to all three for choosing challenging dances for their favourite choices - I think this is testimony to the high standard. Those three dances were some of my favourites in the series so I am looking forward to seeing them again.

Twirlie - a very good assessment of it all Very Happy

I hope Ore wins but I wish all three couples the best of luck Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

See you all at the other end..........................

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:39 pm

I agree, too close to call....anyone could win and I'd be happy but I think it will be decided on the showdance. Enjoy, everyone cheers
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:49 pm

What a cracking final. Here is how I judged it.....

Ore's American Smooth I loved the first time around and loved it all over again. Danced with great feeling and well worth a 9.5.

Louise's Cha Cha seemed to get off to a shaky start but improved as the dance went on. A 9 from me and not more due to start.

Danny's Quickstep - Great music and could have been great but for the mistakes. A 9 from me.

Ore's Showdance I loved. Helped a lot by the superb iconic music and this was a real pot pouri of dance. Not sure how much the giant drums added to the dance but what the heck - a 10 from me.

Louise's Showdance had a different tempo with a cracking lift in there but not sure it had quite the same level of dance content as Ore's. A 9.5 from me.

Danny's Showdance was handicapped by that mirror for me. Away from it it was great but it proved too much a distraction for me. A 9 from me.

Ore's Jive was crisper, sharper and snappier than first time around. A 10 from me and L.en was spot on about him being the spirit of Strictly.

Louise's Argentine Tango was sultry and dramatic and worth a 10.

Danny's Samba was contemporary and superb. Danced it even better this time and gets a 10 from me.

Really moving saying goodbye to L.en. He will be so sorely missed. God bless you L.en. His experience and wisdom was unique on the panel and pretty much irreplaceable.

Great dance with all the couples back one more time. Lovely.

Awaiting the result now and.....

The Strictly Come Dancing 2016 Champion is......Ore Oduba. Delighted. The man who did the j.ourney wins. cheers bounce cheers
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:57 pm

I hadn't got back in time to watch the final start. I WAS going to wait and watch later but how I've been told without spoiler alert pale

At least Ore but I wanted to find out myself
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next