Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aliona has announced she is leaving SCD

+2
CaledonianCraig
Poppetlovestango
6 posters

Go down

Aliona has announced she is leaving SCD Empty Aliona has announced she is leaving SCD

Post  Poppetlovestango Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:13 pm

Taken from the DS which was posted at 3.34am today

Aliona has announced she's leaving Strictly ...
... on twitter https://twitter.com/AlionaVilani

Aliona Kavanagh ‏@AlionaVilani 8 minutes ago
After 7 years on Strictly Come Dancing, as my finale, this has been my best Strictly experience ever by a long way!

Aliona Kavanagh ‏@AlionaVilani 8 minutes ago
Going into this Strictly Come Dancing Series13, I decided that no matter what would happen, it will be my last one❤️

I never warmed to her as a pro but congratulate her for getting three celebs to the final and winning twice.
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Aliona has announced she is leaving SCD Empty Re: Aliona has announced she is leaving SCD

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:06 pm

Another old-timer (well she has been there a few years) departs. Sad to see her go but at least she is bowing out at the top.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Aliona has announced she is leaving SCD Empty Re: Aliona has announced she is leaving SCD

Post  Sid Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:35 pm

Unsurpising really. Aliona was bound to get a couple of duffers next - and she was clear about how she felt about them even prior to this series! Not much more for her to get out of the show really. I'm not massively disappointed: whilst Aliona's choreography did improve, I can't say she's a pro I ever really gelled with.

I'm more concerned we might be losing K.ristina. The DM have said she's leaving as well - though I'm mindful of the source and hope this is one of the many times it's talking nonsense!

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:39 pm

I will miss Aliona. I do feel she had a rough few years with SCD one year frozen out oops forgot foot injury (yeah right) & then she was given a duffer! I found her Choreography beautiful and also fun at times. She went out on a high. Kristina for me "meh" not that keen on. If Aliona goes do we get Karen? Or the another new girl!
If A.non leaves will Brendan too?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:12 pm

Natalie to stay, hopefully A nton, beyond that, as you will. Bring back Erin and Karen (Hardy)...wishful thinking, I know. Wink
p.s...I wouldn't object to Katya back either..
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Aliona has announced she is leaving SCD Empty Re: Aliona has announced she is leaving Strictly

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:47 pm

Sid wrote:Unsurpising really. Aliona was bound to get a couple of duffers next - and she was clear about how she felt about them even prior to this series! Not much more for her to get out of the show really. I'm not massively disappointed: whilst Aliona's choreography did improve, I can't say she's a pro I ever really gelled with.

I'm more concerned we might be losing K.ristina. The DM have said she's leaving as well - though I'm mindful of the source and hope this is one of the many times it's talking nonsense!

Oh no!!! Not K ristina please!!!!!!!

Otherwise agree with your sentiments S id - I reckon Jo Clifton will just be slipped in again next year to replace A liona.
It's funny how more of the girls seem to bow out once they have won the Glitterball - I feel she is in as similar frame of mind as Camilla was, and F lavia.
Also agree that having won the Glitterball twice and got to the Finals three times - the only way is down!!!

I never really knew the reasons why she was frozen out a couple of years ago - she seemed to fall foul of the show for something or other, then was brought back to replace Nathalie and then was back in again. She has always been a bit of an enigma - and I wonder whether Mr Kavanagh wants to claim a bit more of her time. Fair enough really - but even though I agree with S id - I would still rather have her than more of the Clifton theme crowd!!!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:06 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Natalie to stay, hopefully A nton, beyond that, as you will. Bring back Erin and Karen (Hardy)...wishful thinking, I know. Wink
p.s...I wouldn't object to Katya back either..

No chance of that unfortunately, Mr T, Katya's preggars. Ideally I'd like her, Anya and Iveta back.

Rumour has it Gleb's wife will be replacing O.la as the series glamour puss! She's already been a judge on the Russian version (while Gleb was competing - can you imagine that ever happening on Strictly?!) and she took part as a pro on the Indian version....no idea about her dance background or style of choreography though.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:49 am

Can anyone ever replace The Catsuit!?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum