Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It Takes Two 2016

+7
B4p
TANGOLERO
allsewnonbyhand
diamondsandpearls
suzeworld
cellar-door
saxonsiren
11 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

It Takes Two 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: It Takes Two 2016

Post  B4p Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:20 am

I agree about everyone babying Claudia. Enough with the gymnastics. They don't keep asking Greg to put a long jump in every week. It's a dance show, not a showdance/freestyle medley. She seems a lot more mature than AJ. Is he growing a man bun (L en will be choking on his pickeld walnuts) or is he awaiting a haircut. It's distracting, and not in a good way.

I hope Bren dan rests up, but he's so competitive. If Anastasia's in the dance off again this week with Gorka, I'm sure Brendan will blame himself for not fighting on.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:24 pm

cellar-door wrote:Yes, it's true. When I was battling cancer, I contracted pneumonia twice within a year and the first time I nearly died, and I was in my thirties then!

Scary Sad
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:09 pm

Sid wrote:
Scary Sad
Hope you're keeping well these days CD. Our family member got the all clear this morning (phew). We're all taking it a day at a time, but the past year has been tough.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:14 pm

Thank you, everyone. This year I am celebrating ten years cancer free! Yes, it's in October 2006 I had my last High Dose Stem cell transplant (I had ten different courses over two years, many touch and go moments then in 2006, I wasn't supposed to survive the treatment as my cancer was diagnosed too late and I was battling really to delay death, not prolonging life)!

I love today's ITT, Ore really enjoyed his Jive and Jo is now really drilling in all the techniques. Ore's weakness in his SITR AS was tehniques (footwork) and apparently according to Jo he did well with his footwork and only needs to work on his topline.

Danny really, really enjoyed his QS. He appears to finally get into the Strictly bubble. He clearly still couldn't get over how chuffed he was at accomplishing his QS on Saturday, and I am glad Ian (together with Brendan in an online column) said Danny deserved some tens as well. His problem with his rumba is not the lack of the figure eight hip movement, but too much of it, thus looking feminine.

I am having high hopes with Ore and Danny this Saturday.

Oh, according to the training clip, Daisy is looking really good with her Charleston training while Ed didn't look good (too stompy), but the silly music requires him to march, not glide (apparently Katya wanted him to glide to THAT music)!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:12 pm

That's truly amazing CD, congrats Smile Bet surviving something like that massively changes one's whole outlook on life.

Ore and Jo might be my favourite couple now which is bad news for them cos the last time my favourites won was 2007! Ore says he finds the Waltz more difficult and I'd rather it were that way round because I think Ballroom's more fixable (whereas with Latin I often sense you either have a natural feel for it or you don't) - plus, Jo's speciality *is* Ballroom.

I LOVE Oti's laugh! His Rumba looks promising, and I see what you mean about the over-doing the hips CD.

I feel like ITT's running much more smoothly this year, really enjoying it.

Last edited by Sid on Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:15 pm

Sid wrote:That's truly amazing CD, congrats Smile Bet surviving something like that massively changed your whole outlook on life...

Ore and Jo might be my favourite couple now which is bad news for them cos the last time my favourites won was 2007! Ore says he finds the Waltz more difficult and I'd rather it were that way round because I think Ballroom's more fixable (whereas with Latin I often sense you either have a natural feel for it or you don't) - plus, Jo's speciality *is* Ballroom.

I LOVE Oti's laugh! His Rumba looks promising, and I see what you mean about the over-doing the hips CD.

I feel like ITT's running much more smoothly this year, really enjoying it.

It definitely changed my outlook. I did all my goodbyes and 'closures', only to be given a new lease of life! I feel I am living on extra time! But an especially long extra time!

I am getting a little bored with Louise now. She's just so... polite. Gosh, I sound like a picky old sod, complaining about Naga's 'coldness' and Louise's 'bland niceness'... (her rumba training looks good though)...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:34 pm

cellar-door wrote:
I am getting a little bored with Louise now. She's just so... polite. Gosh, I sound like a picky old sod, complaining about Naga's 'coldness' and Louise's 'bland niceness'... (her rumba training looks good though)...

No I know what you mean. She's very pleasant but I want more oomph from her. She's a bit too vanilla and tame at the moment (reminding me slightly of Emma Bunton).
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:45 pm

Sid wrote: She's a bit too vanilla and tame at the moment
or as Billy Connolly would say beige?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:59 pm

Warming more to Oti.. Wondering 8f Gorka will stand in for Brendan? Never knew Giovanni had a tattoo! Loving Chloe! Wondering if this new couple act are stand ins for when KH goes to be a judge...
Also I know it's petty but Ian and his low slung hipsters getting on my nerves sorry but last few years want to yank em up! Phew I'm so glad I spelt that right! Seriously thou why so low Down? Getting fed up with the poll pocket reference for AJ and C.laudia. Plus Louise yes I do want her to get a bit wild and out of her comfort zone. Is she that insecure re her looks/talent etc?

Ore,Ore,Ore you sweetie x
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:17 pm

Neil has tattoos too sax. Interesting who has them in places not usually seen when dancing like Gio on his calves, whereas Neil has them on his biceps and Tristan last year with his full sleeve tat.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:19 pm

Yes amazing tattoos now being seen by the pro dancers. No piercings thou! Very Happy
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:10 pm

Well done Cellar Door and long may it continue. They always say live each day as if it's your last but most of us have no idea how to do that or what it means. Certainly puts my life's little grumbles into perspective.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:22 pm

B4p wrote:
or as Billy Connolly would say beige?

Yes!

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:42 pm

CD, many congrats at being 10 years free- how wonderful! A friends little baby has just completed his fourth and final round of chemo, she posts daily updates on their time in hospital and he has been such a brave soldier. Certainly puts everyday life into perspective.

I'm so glad to hear that others find Louise a bit bland -or beige!- I haven't taken to her from the start, but more because I thought she was going to be like Abbey-me neeerves-Clancy, which thankfully she isn't, but vanilla is a good way of putting it.

Oti and Ore are definitely my favourites now which is probably the kiss of death. Smile
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:59 am

allsewnonbyhand wrote:Oti and Ore are definitely my favourites now which is probably the kiss of death. Smile

I didn't know Oti and Ore are couples in the competition! lol!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:31 am

cellar-door wrote:

I didn't know Oti and Ore are couples in the competition! lol!
affraid gah!! It had been a long day!! Ore and Joanne!! Although I do love Oti too Wink
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:23 pm

Jenny Eclair on tonight's ITT. I like her
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:06 pm

B4p wrote:Jenny Eclair on tonight's ITT. I like her

The Friday ITT is such joy. Gethin has become the resident behind the scene Welsh hunk now. And Z.oe was a little mean when Aled was there she said let's go back to the Welsh Hunk Jones, and the camera panned to Aled, and he thought Z.oe was referring to him...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:53 pm

B4p wrote:Jenny Eclair on tonight's ITT. I like her
Embarassed Good job I like Sue Pollard too Razz
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:03 pm

I enjoyed the Friday night ITT. Loved that Sue Pollard watches with her 93 yr old mother. Liked the banter between An ton & Leslie. Loved Kevin's spike-toed boots. I felt sorry for Aled as well CD, he's such a good sport.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:27 pm

I love that the Friday panelists this series are all avid fans. No one's turned up to plug a book or album and then pretended to be into the show when it's glaringly obvious they haven't a clue who's who or dancing what.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:32 pm

Sid wrote:I love that the Friday panelists this series are all avid fans. No one's turned up to plug a book or album and then pretended to be into the show when it's glaringly obvious they haven't a clue who's who or dancing what.

Who was the monkey who came to plug his album, was it some Chris guy? That was awful, Claudia could barely hold her contempt! Evil or Very Mad
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:12 am

allsewnonbyhand wrote:

I'm so glad to hear that others find Louise a bit bland -or beige!- I haven't taken to her from the start, but more because I thought she was going to be like Abbey-me neeerves-Clancy, which thankfully she isn't, but vanilla is a good way of putting it.

'me neerves' - lol!

Vanilla - great way of putting it! Like many of you, I find Louise and Kevin - pleasant and good but that is about it. Can't get too excited although I know she is good - I thought her rumba walks looked V good on the training clips tonight and she came across as more confident this week. However a clutch of good female dancers are emerging and with strong male dancers - there will not be room for all the girls at the top - there will surely be a Helen George or Pixie Lott.............................BTW - what is it with Kevin and the pork pie hat this week? I noticed he was wearing it in training clips during the week (no problem there) and then he had it on again tonight - is he trying to look a bit edgy? However, the Artful Dodger look is never a good one..........

I think part of my problem is that Kevin's partners in the last few years have all been so similar as has the choreography, that it all starts to mould into one and I always think I have seen the themes before.........there is invariably a sofa included somewhere.

Just like to say that I too loved the show tonight - Like S id said earlier in the week - I am really enjoying ITT this year and look forward to the Friday shows - the panels have been brilliant so far - Sue Pollard was hilarious tonight - especially the comments about 'Oreo Biscuits' and Ed's 'Legacy' should he suddenly expire...........

cheers

Liked the look of Daisy's rumba in the training clips and it will be interesting to see what Anastacia can produce with Gorka. Thought there was quite a bit of 'side to side' in Ore and Joanne's waltz.

Tomorrow should be very interesting...........haven't got a clue who will go out this week...........

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:33 am

mauveangel09 wrote: BTW - what is it with Kevin and the pork pie hat this week?  I noticed he was wearing it in training clips during the week  (no problem there) and then he had it on again tonight - is he trying to look a bit edgy?  However, the Artful Dodger look is never a good one.
AJ was wearing a hat in training too. Unless it's a practice prop, I'm guessing it's either hiding a bad hair day, or maybe Kevin's growing a man-bun like AJ
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:34 am

mauveangel09 wrote:

Liked the look of Daisy's rumba in the training clips and it will be interesting to see what Anastacia can produce with Gorka.  Thought there was quite  a bit of 'side to side' in Ore and Joanne's waltz.

Tomorrow should be very interesting...........haven't got a clue who will go out this week...........

And of course I liked the look of Daisy's rumba because it was last week!!!! Embarassed   I meant to say that I liked the look of the Charleston in training!!!!! lol!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum