Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Judge?

+3
CaledonianCraig
TANGOLERO
suzeworld
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Judge?   Empty New Judge?

Post  suzeworld Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:57 pm

When L.en leaves who will we get?

Hope it is a woman. I vote for Karen. Strong on ballroom to keep that on the panel.
suzeworld
suzeworld

Back to top Go down

New Judge?   Empty Re: New Judge?

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:53 pm

Bit baffled at making Darcey head judge? She's very attractive and a great dancer. As a judge, not for me, bad choice .

A nton should be a shoe in and they should replace C raig with Karen Hardy. Keep Silver tongued Italian Stallion because although judges like he's been tasered, he does know dance. That way, Darcey couldn't do too much damage.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:02 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Bit baffled at making Darcey head judge? She's very attractive and a great dancer. As a judge, not for me, bad choice .

A nton should be a shoe in and they should replace C raig with Karen Hardy. Keep Silver tongued Italian Stallion because although judges like he's been tasered, he does know dance. That way, Darcey couldn't do too much damage.

Have I missed something? Has it been announced Darce.y will become head judge? If so that is a terrible move. Jeez her speciality is ballet which is not in Strictly so how can she be head judge? Also some of her comments this year have been embarrassing like her drooling over Gio.vanni's steps when she is there to judge the celebs and her glowing over the male hunks on the show. Also she has only been on the show for what? Three years? Sorry but hope she is NOT the new head judge and I'd prefer her being replaced by K.aren H.ardy. As for who replaces L.en well for me it would be between any of the following three - Ian W.aite, An.ton Du Beke or Brend.an C.ole.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

New Judge?   Empty Re: New Judge

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:39 pm

I echo Mr T's choices but as long as it is someone from the world of ballroom or latin I will be happy.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:24 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
Have I missed something? Has it been announced Darce.y will become head judge? If so that is a terrible move.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/strictly-come-dancings-darcey-bussell-9462148
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:26 pm

It's the Mirror. If it's true I'll pickle me walnuts affraid

I suppose it may be reverse psychology - put the one with the least ballroom/latin experience as a figure head over the rest of the dance experts on the judging panel.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:05 pm

Bookmakers are so sure of who L.en's replacement is that they have stopped taking bets.

The man said to have got the job is a good friend of L.en's who has worked on Dancing With the Stars in the US as a judge his name is Gary Edwards.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/2022064/gary-edwards-strictly-come-dancing-head-judge/

Oddly, enough it is claimed a fifth judge in the form of Karen Hardy will be added to the panel. I find that hard to believe given that it will increase the time each dance will take to be judged.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:06 pm

Hi CC

Hope you are well

I think it would be good news if it is Gary Edwards as he has the right background and sounds as though he would fit in well. I know what you mean about a 5th judge - I remember that 'Dancing on Ice' had five judges and it meant that often not every judge got to comment on each dance because of timing and I didn't like that - I don't think it would work for SCD in that format so don't know how they would cope with the timing issues, but on the other hand it would be interesting to have KH on the panel (would be better than D arcey in my view - although that won't happen of course!) Interesting times Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:42 am

Hi CC and Mauve...glad to see I'm not the only one who pops in from time to time!

I'm hoping whoever replaces L.en will bring some gravitas as a balance to the others, especially B.runo. Agree with Mauve, would prefer KH to replace Darcey rather than being a fifth judge. For some reason I don't like the thought of 50 being the perfect score, it sounds unreachable (although I do wish the judges could give half scores, which might prevent so many tied places)
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:43 am

That's a really good point Jingle about the half scores - I think we've seen too many tied scores in recent times.
Hope everyone out there is well and enjoying the spring time flower I haven't been to any dance shows this year Sad Hope those of you who managed to catch the tour or any of the other pro shows have enjoyed them x Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:00 pm

Hello Very Happy

I just had a thought to pop in. I've always wished for half points it would make a difference and two sets of marks technical and presentation too.
I'd like to see KH on the panel as a possible 5th judge it may stop dead heats and be interesting. I'd like to see Darcy go now sorry but too fed up of the ballet posturing necklace remarks now.
A fresh shake up possible new presenter too.Keep C.laudia with the couples and fresh blood.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue May 09, 2017 12:28 pm

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue May 09, 2017 3:42 pm

Yes I just read that earlier. Her credentials cannot be argued with and do believe she has acted as judge on Dancing with the Stars so she ticks all the boxes. Hopefully, like L.en she will have a bit of character to her and not just be a robotic type. Time will tell I suppose.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Tue May 09, 2017 9:13 pm

Obviously the beeb wanted to even up the males/females on the panel - but no bad thing. A friend of mine who used to be junior competitor many moons ago texted to say that she has come across Shirley Ballas as someone who has been in the world of dancing for years. Apparently she was a top world latin dancer in the day. Sounds like she has the right credentials and I'm relieved they have chosen someone from the world of ballroom/latin - she should know her stuff as a judge and hopefully will be a good addition to the panel. Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue May 09, 2017 10:11 pm

Wonder how Darcy will react? I was hoping we would have another new judge too... Maybe Darcy or B.run replaced...
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Thu May 11, 2017 1:26 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Wonder how Darcy will react? I was hoping we would have another new judge too... Maybe Darcy or B.run replaced...

Sooner it was D.arcy. I really don't mind B.runo - he comes across as loopy but game for a laugh - in short he's different whereas D.arcy just offers no real expertise of note for me.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Thu May 11, 2017 9:02 pm

Agreed Very Happy Very Happy ...........(about D arcey!)

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu May 18, 2017 2:25 pm

Shirley Ballas sounds like a credible addition to the judges panel.
I'm so glad it's someone from the Ballroom dance world who knows the nuts & bolts of the industry, who has both dance, choreography and judging experience.

I wonder whether the seating pattern will be re-arranged. If she sits next to Darcey, it may make Darcey appear even more fey and ineffective.

I wonder if she'll be sparky?

In this clip she talks about training a lot of the Pro dancers in the Strictly Shows around the world
https://youtu.be/MhZJgayWV_o
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun May 21, 2017 7:43 pm

B4p wrote:Shirley Ballas sounds like a credible addition to the judges panel.
I'm so glad it's someone from the Ballroom dance world who knows the nuts & bolts of the industry, who has both dance, choreography and judging experience.

I wonder whether the seating pattern will be re-arranged. If she sits next to Darcey, it may make Darcey appear even more fey and ineffective.

I wonder if she'll be sparky?

In this clip she talks about training a lot of the Pro dancers in the Strictly Shows around the world
https://youtu.be/MhZJgayWV_o

I don't think she will be sparky - the sparks are produced enough by C.raig. I think she'll be more in the L.en mould. Trying to offer crumbs of comfort after a disastrous dance and always looking to concentrate on the positives. That is what I think.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri May 26, 2017 8:11 pm

Should definitely have been Housewives choice. Darcy, lovely lady that she is, does ballet, bare chests and hip wriggling, Silver tongued Italian Stallion does air guitar, contortionism and hip wriglling, the fabu-u-lus darling one studies sticky out asses and thumb positions and The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman (did) ballroom. Housewives choice's latin might not be his strong point, but he does ballroom very well and knows it inside out. I'd even replace Darcy with Erin if I could. So there....Very Happy
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon May 29, 2017 7:49 pm

cheers
Agree Mr D E.rin be a huge positive over Darcey. ..
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:04 pm

Anyone see Shirley Ballas on the One Show yesterday? As others have said, she has a striking similarity to Arlene - physically at least. The VT about her background was interesting and she did come across as a nice, grounded person and also very knowledgeable about the ballroom as well as latin.

One thing I noticed was that she hadn't known Matt or Alex had competed on Strictly, so it doesn't sound like she's watched much of the show before. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:26 pm

Could be a good thing as she won't have seen previous celebs/pro dancers... She may have thought fresh start and break us/her in gently. It will be interesting how Darcy copes with her, will she repeat what Shirley says? Will Shirley look at her with a puzzled look re her comments...Will Shirley side with. B,runo or C,raig or mix it up?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:50 pm

Hi Sax and Jingle

Yes Sax - the most interesting thing about the judging panel will be to see the dynamic that develops between Shirley and the others - from seeing her on the red carpet launch she not only looks like Arlene but sounds a bit like her (I thought). I have a feeling she might play the 'headmistress' to B runo and C raig - but as you say, I really wonder how she'll fit with D arcey and whether D arcey will just copy her remarks!! I really hope that it doesn't all get tedious and 'girls ganging up on boys' stuff with C raig and B runo getting slapped wrists all the time.............................. Laughing (actually it probably won't be like this at all.......... Laughing )

I think Shirley's credentials are right up there - she has been around in the world of ballroom and latin for many years as a judge and dancer and is well known in those circles - but I do think it a teensy bit odd that she didn't know that Matt and Alex had been contestants! Embarassed faux pas - she obviously hasn't done much research!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:35 pm

She came across very well on The One Show so hopefully she'll settle in quickly and soften the blow of losing L.en.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next