Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An.ton Du Beke Becomes Judge

4 posters

Go down

An.ton Du Beke Becomes Judge Empty An.ton Du Beke Becomes Judge

Post  CaledonianCraig Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:31 am

Breaking news today is that An.ton Du Beke is to join the judging panel for all of the next series replacing B.runo Tonioli who is judging Dancing with the Stars in the States and in these COVID times cannot travel back and forth to do both.

I'd like An.ton to be a bit more cutting than he was on his stint last year but I think he'll do a good job. It opens up another slot for professional dancer to replace one and a female to replace Janette Manrarra who is leaving to host It Takes Two.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

An.ton Du Beke Becomes Judge Empty Re: An.ton Du Beke Becomes Judge

Post  jingle Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:04 pm

Although I found A.nton rather underwhelming as a stand-in judge last year, I'm really glad he's been given the opportunity on a more long-term basis. I felt he was quite nervous last year, and stuck very much to a script, but I hope he can carve out a unique role for himself on the panel this year. It'll be a hard job for him though - CRH has his own persona, and I find the Motsi/Shirley dynamic quite loud and attention-seeking - there's a risk that A.nton may just fade into the background. But if he's not dancing any more then I'm glad he's been given a way to stay within the Strictly family, he does feel like an integral part of the show to me.

Hoping that the producers will give Graziano another chance now there's a vacancy, I always felt he was hard-done-by with Vick Hope.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:58 pm

I'm glad that An ton has been given a new role.
I guess we only need one choreographer (Cr aig) and we've got Shirley as the Latin expert, now An ton as the ballroom expert, and Motsi as the 'touchy-feely' one. I hope An ton will be a lot more specific than just being  'supportive and kind' as he was saying on The One Show. I would like him to offer positive suggestions of things the contestants could work on for the following week.

I'm guessing Nancy will replace Janettte. There's already been at least one male dancer named on the dark side that is supposed to be joining the Professionals this year, and another being queried. There were two new male dancers in the background last year. Whether they join the ensemble or have a partner, who knows, but a lot of the males are of similar heights. It would be interesting to see someone on the shorter side (like AJ was) to dance with the shorter females. Neil and Graziano are still in waiting. It would be a bit of a kick in the shins if someone 'new-new' came in and had a partner straight off.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:33 pm

Good for A nton. Always liked the man. All the partnerships seem to be breaking up( not relationship wise) for one reason or another; first ( in recent memory) was An ton and Erin, then Ian and Camilla, the Jordans, now Alijaz and Janette. Eveything seems short term.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down