Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rumoured New Dances To Be Added

4 posters

Go down

Rumoured New Dances To Be Added Empty Rumoured New Dances To Be Added

Post  CaledonianCraig Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:38 am

I have just read that the new series will allow the pro dancer to select a different style of dance be it Jazz, Contemporary or Street-style. In other words opens the door to lots more lifts. Thoughts?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Rumoured New Dances To Be Added Empty Re: Rumoured New Dances to be added

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:53 pm

For me it is not about lifts - and I'm not against new dances being added per se - because could make things more interesting but I think they should be true to the latin/ballroom 'partner' style dancing - so maybe something identifiable like mambo, hustle, lindy hop, etc (i'm sure there are some more). I'm not so keen on the addition of contemporary or jazz - not that I don't like these styles in themselves - I love most forms of dance - Contemporary is beautiful when done by the right people in the right setting and I don't think many of the celebs would be able to pull this off well unless they had some experience (ie the ringers) so it is yet another penalty for the beginners/strapping sports people! etc and therein lies the problem - many of those who come onto the show with prior dance experience always fall back on the assertion that 'they have not done ballroom or latin before' and that is correct because it is a precise dance form in itself - however, many of them have done jazz or street because these are more freestyle types of dance - ergo the pro will obviously choose a style with which the celeb feels comfortable (and which they like) rather than something new or challenging for them to learn. SCD has a USP of being about ballroom and latin and it hasn't failed thus far - I don't want to see routines 'cobbled together' in the ballroom/latin 'style'. We already have freestyle in the contest - it is called the Showdance and happens in the final...…….. Mad

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Rumoured New Dances To Be Added Empty Re: Rumoured New Dances To Be Added

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:52 am

mauveangel09 wrote:
For me it is not about lifts - and I'm not against new dances being added per se - because could make things more interesting but I think they should be true to the latin/ballroom 'partner' style dancing - so maybe something identifiable like mambo, hustle, lindy hop, etc  (i'm sure there are some more).  I'm not so keen on the addition of contemporary or jazz - not that I don't like these styles in themselves - I love most forms of dance - Contemporary is beautiful when done by the right people in the right setting and I don't think many of the celebs would be able to pull this off well unless they had some experience  (ie the ringers) so it is yet another penalty for the beginners/strapping sports people! etc and therein lies the problem - many of those who come onto the show with prior dance experience always fall back on the assertion that 'they have not done ballroom or latin before'  and that is correct because it is a precise dance form in itself - however, many of them have done jazz or street because these are more freestyle types of dance - ergo the pro will obviously choose a style with which the celeb feels comfortable (and which they like) rather than something new or challenging for them to learn. SCD has a USP of being about ballroom and latin and it hasn't failed thus far - I don't want to see routines 'cobbled together' in the ballroom/latin 'style'.   We already have freestyle in the contest - it is called the Showdance and happens in the final...…….. Mad

It also serves to confuse somewhat. I bet old L.en would not have liked it.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:40 pm

Yes I can just imagine what L en would say! Very Happy S hirley will struggle to judge those genres too. It doesn't bode well and will play into the hands of the less technical dancers such as Mrs Clifton and Mrs Alijaz who already take opportunities to dilute dances - I also feel it will give some of the pros - like Mr Clifton a chance for some self-indulgent choreography. I suppose I could tolerate it if it replaced some of the theme nights - which I think have possibly become a little tired. We'll see...………………………. Rolling Eyes

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:51 am

As you say, they might be changing one of the theme nights. If it was just one show, I might cope.
There's only so much you can do with 'Musicals' week, although I'd love to see one of the males dancing around to 'Kinky Boots!
Quite a few of the Pros are trained in street dance but how would the judges mark it?
I get bored watching the wafty contemporary stuff that Janette often sneaks in.
Street dance bores the pants off me, can't stand the 'rap' style racket that goes with it. Once the show goes down that road, it becomes yet another 'so you think you can dance' offering.
So overal, not for me. I'd rather see some a new latin dance introduced
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:53 pm

Yes B4P - another latin dance or two would be welcome. I wouldn't mind any new dance that was true to the spirit of ballroom and latin and stayed within those bounds - street, contemporary or jazz don't belong for me.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:45 pm

Makes me laugh a bit. Jazz was responsible for a whole heap of rock and roll, swing, jive, Lindy hop etc and contemporary well, is contemporary. Not what I watch the show for, being an old-fashioned ballroom and latin lover. I can laugh aloud now at our own TV. enterprise when this guy arrived and told us he was going to teach us to jive...in sequence. We could already jive/rock and roll, whose very essence is as far removed from sequence dance as waltzing to Riverdance. What next, barn dance and Highland fling? lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:47 pm

..……. or Lambeth Walk or even the Birdie Dance...………… bounce
'March of the Mods' anyone? (who remembers that?)
Or perhaps we should all take our partners for the 'Turkey Trot'? (wonder why that one from the Ragtime era didn't catch on?) lol!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:04 pm

I just posted a couple of things on the music thread, but if anybody can keep still while this is on, they shouldn't be on here.. lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNXzJ3ARnZU
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:17 pm

Shimmying across the kitchen Mr T...………….with no one looking...………..nearly fell over one of the Cats Smile Smile

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:07 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:
Shimmying across the kitchen Mr T...………….with no one looking...………..nearly fell over one of the Cats Smile Smile

That gave me a good laugh Mauve, but bravo, shimmy on... Very Happy
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:08 pm

cheers cheers
cheers
Keeeeeeep dancing! (no matter what)

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down