Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strictly 2021 Rumoured Contestants

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Strictly 2021 Rumoured Contestants Empty Strictly 2021 Rumoured Contestants

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:32 pm

Well as we edge towards Spring 2021 I thought it was time I started a thread to discuss the rumour mill with regards to Strictly 2021.

Those being touted do not always turn out to be set in stone so take each rumour with a pinch of salt. First up....

Rio Ferdinand ex-footballer for Man. United and England and now a TV pundit.Apparently, the show has pursued him for years. Will this be his year at last?

Tina Barrett a singer with S Club 7 is a big fan of the show and is openly pushing herself for a slot.

Lucy Fallon the Coronation Street actress has been touted before but came to nothing and she is being connected with Strictly again.

Actor Lucien Laviscount is one to get Shirley and Motzi gushing. Actor with experience in shows such as Waterloo Road, Grange Hill and Supernatural.

TV Presenter Ben Shepherd is being linked through his Good Morning Britain colleagues Ranvir Singh and Susanna Reid.

TV Presenter Angellica Bell is another to have been linked with the show in the past and is being linked again.

Dan Osborne started in reality TV and ended up in Celebrity Big Brother and The Only Way is Essex.

Matt Willis a star with Busted and McBusted is being touted for an appearance but again has been in previous years but no appearance.

Baga Chipz who appeared on RuPaul's Drag Race is in the running. The drag artist was touted last year too without appearing.

Jake Quickenden (another for Shirley and Motzi) is being linked. A singer appearing on X Factor and I'm a Celebrity...amongst others is in the running.

Actor Joe Tracini of Hollyoaks fame is the son of Joe Pasquale and is being strongly tipped to take part.

TV and Radio Presenter Maya Jama is also being linked to the show (again) and maybe this year she will give it a go.

Piers Morgan (this I take to be very tongue-in-cheek) has put himself forward to be part of a same sex couple this year.

Also I would think it is a very strong chance that Nicola Adams will get another crack at Strictly after being forced out of the last series due to her partner testing positive for COVID-19.

So there you have the first batch of rumours. Feel free to add any more that you hear of and I will do the same and will try not to duplicate rumours.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Strictly 2021 Rumoured Contestants Empty Re: Strictly 2021 Rumoured Contestants

Post  saxonsiren Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:34 pm

Id like to see Rio Ferdinand do SCD!
Im not sure tbh it would be fair if Nicola Adams had another go. Jamie invited back as injury prevented him from actually starting

The rumours so far ive heard of

The dreaded Duo of Eammon and Ruth From This Morning,
Also Nadiya who won TGBBO😁
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue May 18, 2021 10:22 pm

Apparently Dawn French has just opened an instagram account and is rumoured to have signed up for Strictly.  Cool
Nothing officially confirmed as yet
B4p
B4p

saxonsiren likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed May 19, 2021 7:25 am

Ooh not heard this rumour. Id love to see Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders. Just hope the politics are left at home thou re Dawn.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:19 pm

Well first three are named! Tom Fletcher interesting. Have to be honest he is the only one of the three I know!
We will see who is next.
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Strictly 2021 Rumoured Contestants Empty Confirmed celebrities

Post  B4p Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:53 pm

Nothing on the main BBC site as usual! What is the point? For heaven's sake, keep your premier web page up to date! Evil or Very Mad

Confirmed:

Tom Fletcher - musician & author

Robert Webb - comedian

A J Odudu - TV presenter
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:33 am

So far im happy with chouces.
We have John Waithe as 4th reveal from Bake Off.
Id like to see another same sex couple as it seems not abalanced proportion with one same sex couple
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:51 pm

Interesting choices so far.

Robert Webb seems a likeable sort if a bit of ringer since he showed he can strut his stuff a few years back on Comic Relief. A J Odudu evidently is a huge Strictly fan which is always handy going in whereas Tom Fletcher may feel forever in the shadows of Harry Judd. Underwhelmed by John Waithe if I am being honest.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:14 pm

Hi CC, Yes Robert Webb struuted his inner diva in a45 second dance. Not so sure his aringer anymore than aboy ban/girl band member going through choreography rehearsed for each song.
John well at least his as nwar to amember of the public as might get.
Tom he may or not be in Harry's shadow.
Im amazed we haven't yet had a Spice Girl appearance yet and my money be on Emma Baunton as she has been an SCD fan and in the audience too. Plus she does seem to have been more pro active recently re her book.

Im waiting for the mature celeb to appear.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:49 pm

Emma was on many moons ago, when dances resembled ballroom or Latin dances and we had couples just coming on dancing and ending! We even saw feet. Tess was in her little room and Arlene was holding forth.

I love some of the changes but do wish we saw dances with recognisable steps and critique of the dancing. Cringeworthy as I find A.nton I hope he does talk about the dances and steps in a positive way, so the couples have something to work on.

Will be interesting to see who is next.
Tom Daley was rumoured but can’t see that happening now.
I wonder who Oti will get? Or if she gets a partner?
Moova 12
Moova 12

saxonsiren likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:03 pm

Moova 12 wrote:
Tom Daley was rumoured but can’t see that happening now.
I wonder who Oti will get? Or if she gets a partner?

No I think Tom Daley was being rumoured as the same sex team celeb but we know that isn't the case now so I do not see him in this year's Strictly. Oti will defo get a partner as she is a big star of the show now and she may get another Bill Bailey-type partner. By that I mean perhaps not a glaring contender but more of someone she can polish into a dancer from a low starting point. I'd have loved to have seen Louise Mincheon or Dan Walker involved but cannot see it.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:11 pm

Moova 12 wrote:Emma was on many moons ago, when dances resembled ballroom or Latin dances and we had couples just coming on dancing and ending! We even saw feet. Tess was in her little room and Arlene was holding forth.

I had a memory fog re Emma B moova! Still couldn't recall her so had to look a few dances up.
I too mourn the loss of Ballroom dresses and Feet being shown on . Also hoping we have music that matches the tone,tempo and feel of the dance. Over the last few series had sine real outlandish choices
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:06 pm

John Whaite is the fourth confirmed celebrity (a chef, TV presenter).

He is going to dance with one of the male Pro dancers as a same sex couple.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:33 pm

Fifth Contestant is:

Rhys Stephenson (Childrens' TV presenter)
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:52 pm

I'd imagine Rhys Stephenson will do quite well although he may lack public vote support to a great degree. Dance-wise I'd say he could do well.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:20 pm

Sara Davies from Dragons Den is the 6th name. I've never watched it so don't know anything about her.

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:45 pm

I only know Tom Fletcher!
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:31 pm

Well this morning another two celebs were announced:-

Katie McGlynn actress of Hollyoaks and Coronation Street fame was the seventh announced celebrity of BBC Breakfast Time. She has potential and will win votes for obvious reasons. Immediately after this came the announcement that Dan Walker (BBC Breakfast and Sports Presenter) will be taking part is Series 19 of Strictly. A really great addition to the show and he is one I will be rooting for. Always enjoy his laid back presenting skills and sense of humour. I really look forward to seeing how he does.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:01 am

The ninth celebrity contestant has been announced and must admit I had never heard of her (that I can recall) although the face looks familiar. It is to be Tilly Ramsay (daughter of famous chef Gordon Ramsay) who has worked as a presenter of TV shows such as Matilda and the Ramsay Bunch amongst others.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:15 am

Fingers crossed that with nine celebrities announced I do not see that potential joke/comedic value contestant that has become the annoying norm in recent years. Perhaps because An.ton is now a judge they daren't pair such a figure with anyone else?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:19 pm

Never heard of Tilly Ramsay, but am hoping that the rumours of Greg Wise are true, he'd be fantastic. So far Dan Walker and Tom Fletcher are the only two names that grab my attention.

Hoping for some sports names soon, they usually interest me the most (I was sooo hopeful for James Cracknell in 2019, and Nicola Adams last year, even though neither of them got very far). Am especially hoping for an olympian, paralympian or invictus sportsperson (am going off topic here, but thought JJ Chalmers did a brilliant job in the Olympics coverage). So fingers crossed for at least one big name from sports.

I notice the lovely Patrick Grant from Sewing Bee and Will Kirk from Repair Shop will be doing Masterchef this year....oh how I wish they were both doing Strictly instead...

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:16 pm

Oh dear Jingle I am not in the Greg Wise fan club after he was on celebrity bake off. Hope he can come across better on this.
He may need an Oti to harness his competitive nature.

Nadia has supposedly yes yes positive which is going to cause a few problems. Having just had a mild case ( thankfully) it was the waiting to come down with it after my husband caught it. That didn’t happen until right at the end of isolation so had to start again! Dan surely has to be with Nadia as he is so tall.

I could see Amy and Tom.

We wait for the rest.
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:03 pm

To be honest I don't know enought about Greg Wise to judge but that is ten down and still no joke act - excitement grows.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:19 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:To be honest I don't know enought about Greg Wise to judge but that is ten down and still no joke act - excitement grows.

I wonder if we shall have 12 or 14 couples this year? Im not sure if a comedy act will be in for this yeae. So far know quite a lot of the celebs. Love the Dragon they managed to get. Not sure if Mr Wise be a lovvie dovie similar to Emma T.
Robert Webb thrilled to see in. Gordan of course will be a 100% cert to turn up in the training rooms.
Id love to see Jennifer Saunders/Dawn French or Ade Edmundson appear as last celeb.

Wonder if we might get a last minute Olympian Swimmer or one of the Twins from Gymnastics😀???
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:36 pm

saxonsiren wrote:

I wonder if we shall have 12 or 14 couples this year? Im not sure if a comedy act will be in for this yeae. So far know quite a lot of the celebs. Love the Dragon they managed to get. Not sure if Mr Wise be a lovvie dovie similar to Emma T.
Robert Webb thrilled to see in. Gordan of course will be a 100% cert to turn up in the training rooms.
Id love to see Jennifer Saunders/Dawn French or Ade Edmundson appear as last celeb.

Wonder if we might get a last minute Olympian Swimmer or one of the Twins from Gymnastics😀???

Well nigh certain there will be no joke act because they have nobody to lumber them with since their resident lacky An.ton is a judge this year.

I am delighted to see Dan Walker aboard this year - will definitely be rooting for him. It is possible there will be an Olympian involved but more likely to be a retired one. As for the gymnasts you speak of the twins are only 16 so too young to be involved.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next