Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCD 2019 Confirmed Contestants

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SCD 2019 Confirmed Contestants - Page 2 Empty Re: SCD 2019 Confirmed Contestants

Post  B4p Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:49 pm

Final Male Lineup

Female Pro Dancer Heights
Nadiya 5’ 8"
Luba 5’ 7"
Nancy Xu ? 5' 7"
Amy 5’ 6"
Karen 5’ 5
Katya 5’ 5"
Oti 5’ 4"
Dianne 5’ 3"
Janette 5’

Male Contestant Heights
James Cracknell (Olympic Rower)  6' 4" (47 yrs)
Chris Ramsey (Comedian) 6' 3" (33 yrs)
Jamie Laing (Made in Chelsea) 5' 7" (31 yrs)
Will Bayley (Table Tennis Paralympian) 5' 7" (24 yrs)
Dev Griffin (Actor, Radio Presenter and D.J.)  5' 7"  (34 yrs)
Karim Zeroual (Actor & TV Presenter) 5' 6" (25 yrs)
Mike Bushell (BBC Breakfast Sports Presenter) 5' 5" (53 yrs)
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

SCD 2019 Confirmed Contestants - Page 2 Empty Re: SCD 2019 Confirmed Contestants

Post  CaledonianCraig Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:28 pm

B4p wrote:The final 3

Dev Griffin (actor, radio presenter and D.J.)  5' 7"  (34 yrs)
He's got a music degree so should at least know a bit of rhythm when he hears it.

James Cracknell (Olympic Rower)  6' 4" (47 yrs)

Anneka Rice (TV & Radio presenter) 5' 8"  (60 yrs)

A lot of additions to the show for me to peruse over the next few days. As sure as eggs are eggs Anneka will get paired with An.ton.

Of those announced so far I reckon those I will be rooting for will be Mike Bushell, James Cracknell and Anneka Rice.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:45 pm

Hi CC. I like Anneka. She's always cheerful and got a good sense of humour. She's one of the taller ladies so maybe Alijaz might get her?
I guess the Viscountess might get Johannes? If he's benched again this year, I will NOT be happy
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:15 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

As sure as eggs are eggs Anneka will get paired with An.ton.

I am REALLY hoping for a shakeup in the way pairings are made this year.

Anneka should get Grazi or Johannes (it's been done before - James J and Mrs Connelly, Gio and Debbie - but I wanna see it again)
Little Miss Madam should get A nton (I can't wait to see how he reacts to having to teach an entitled, stroppy 19 yr old!)
La Visage should get Kevin (his face when he realises he has this year's Nancy D'oily O!)
The Soapies can have anyone -don't really care
Gorka should get Alex (because she is a sportsperson and will be a proper contestant for him, and hopefully everyone will love her cos she's not a ringa)
The Model slash Chef slash Oil Billionaire slash Mrs Posho should get AJ for pure comedy value, but she can have Aljaz as I'm feeling generous

diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:17 pm

I am singularly underwhelmed by all the males.

I needed a former boyband member, the sexiest Male winner in the TV Soap Awards and Rick Astley at the very least.

From comedy world I would have preferred a) Ian Stirling, b) Nish Kumar, c) Phili Wang, d) Hugh Dennis (who I have a weird crush on), e) Richard Osman. Oh hell, lets just have a whole series of TaskMaster does Strictly.

Radiowise, I very much want to see Huw Stephens' beard perform a Salchamba with Janette. And I think it's about time Ray Mears shows us how to survive the Dreaded Dance-Off...

I am so very sure the sleb booker from the show is reading this, as are all the aforementioned's agents, and they will fulfil my wishes for next year...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:32 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:I am REALLY hoping for a shakeup in the way pairings are made this year.
The Model slash Chef slash Oil Billionaire slash Mrs Posho should get AJ for pure comedy value, but she can have Aljaz as I'm feeling generous

AJ would probably reach Mrs Viscountess's knees but it would make great TV!
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:47 pm

The next challenge will be 'Guess the cheesy song/tune link' for each contestant.

Cracknell will obviously get the water/rowing themes Rolling Eyes
a VW to 'Speed Bonny Boat',
a jive to 'The Boat that I row', or 'Wipe Out'
a rumba to the 'Titanic theme',
a polka to 'Row-row-row your boat,
a samba to 'Running Bear and Little White Dove'
a suped up Foxtrot to 'The Tide is High' or 'I am Sailing'.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:08 am

And they will come up with loads of themes for Anneka too. Helicopters, hidden treasure, sequinned jumpsuits galore... All of which I will wince at and hide my head in the cushions until the dance is over...

Isn't Anneka 5'8 and AJ 5'7? I know the heels will make more than an inch difference, but he'll still reach her shoulders...

The really tall one is Mrs V. She'll need Johannes to be pulled of the Sub's bench (yay!)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:49 am

An.ton gets the older celebs though as he is the elder statesman of the pro-dancers hence he'll keep dances to a pace comfortable for them both.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:15 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:An.ton gets the older celebs though as he is the elder statesman of the pro-dancers hence he'll keep dances to a pace comfortable for them both.

Well, he didn't get Debbeh or Mrs Connolly (Thank goodness in both cases). So, as I said, it's been done before that the older s lebs DON'T get A nton. Even though I'm not a huge fan of Anneka as a presenter, she comes across as a grafter and someone who will take it seriously and put her all into it. She has oodles of energy (as did both Debbeh and Mrs C) - she's only just 60, not 80! Gio and Jordan managed to keep the pace doable for their aged partners, so I am sure whoever gets Annie will manage too. That is what a good teacher does, no matter what their own age, they keep the level appropriate to their pupil, whilst still challenging them a bit. Also, La Visage is in her 50s, so is nearly as decrepit, so she's also in the running for A nton based on age. He can't have both! And I REALLY think it's about time he himself was challenged and he got a young and difficult pupil... He's become so lazy and predicatable for the last... ooh, ten series...

So, Annie with AJ! Laughing
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2