Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dancing on Ice 2021

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dancing on Ice 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: Dancing on Ice 2021

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:11 am

Forgot to say that I really liked the beautiful pro routine from Mark and Yebyn - I love it when they put classical music n umbers in.

Ray Quinn hasn't lost his touch either! Would have liked to have seen a bit more of a routine from him. Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:54 pm

Moova 12 wrote:Colin as Mr Darcy! Thought of you Mr T.
Ha. his grandad maybe lol! Thought his partner's short skirt looked way out as a period costume and ruined the effect of P & P.
scenario, whilst Colin did look the part as Darcy and there was some style in his performance...

Colin is my hole card as the rest are very hesitant at bursting forth with anything new. Colin can dance, very well in fact as he showed in Strictly and to be honest there isn't much that isn't same--old, same old. I get the feeling the show is following Strictly's format and ditching what made it a bit different, ie props etc., not that I want them back, I want to see skating. Lady Leshurr doesn't look at all confident and Rebekah Vardy looks next best of the bunch with Sonny. Her run and leap over the settee was creditable, brave and very well done.

Beyond that it's all a bit "To be continued". scratch
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:58 pm

Oh yes Mark and Yebyn were amazing. I do like Mark.

Last edited by Moova 12 on Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelt name wrong)
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:22 am

No live show this week. It will be a best of doi. Knew they would have to try something.
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:40 am

Oh dear, this is turning into a bit of a disaster. I wish they'd taken the one week break last week, or decided not to eliminate anyone. Really disappointed to see Amy go, I enjoyed watching her and felt she had a lot of potential for future shows. I really liked her pro partner Joe too, I hope he returns next year. Have to agree with Mauve, I much preferred watching Amy skate than Rebekah. I didn't understand the high score for Rebekah at all, she did very little solo skating throughout her routine (certainly no more than Amy did).
The saving grace for the show was Yebyn and Mark's routine, I LOVED it!! Hope there's more performances like that, I prefer it to the manic group skates. I also really enjoyed Colin skate as a dashing Mr Darcy (though no match for our very own Mr D of course!)
Downer of the night for me was Rita Ora, can't think why ITV decided to include her performance (which was pre-recorded) given her very selfish Covid rule-breaking.

Anyhow, hopefully the pause will at least give Jason time to recover, and allow the show to limp on towards the final. Sonny looks like the obvious contender, although I think Faye could still win if she takes a few more risks. Speaking of Faye, I've never seen someone almost skate into the side of the rink before!

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:59 am

In part of Colin's Routine, they were actually dancing in ballroom hold and it looked really great. In ice-dancing, surely this counts for more than just the pro trying to make their partner look competent with daft head-banging nonsense and off-ice balancing acts?. I'm a bit amazed at Jane and Chris not stipulating that? The pros are not being judged, so a bit more skating ( something mentioned almost every week) needs to come out. It's why I think Colin will end up winning if he skates as well as he dances.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:01 pm

Skating off the edge of the rink - didn't Todd Carty do that years ago? Very Happy Very Happy

How disappointing that they've had to resort to a compilation show this week? What would have been wrong with having a week of no eliminations and just using it as a showcase? Good for the celebs to keep up their confidence and improvement too. They've certainly been blighted this year and I am pleased that they've been able to bring us the show in these troubled times, but they don't seem to be that well organised to be honest.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:23 pm

And yet more problems...Faye's partner Hamish has had to leave the show due to a hand injury. I'm assuming that they've isolated reserve pros as a contingency, but it's such a shame for both Hamish and Faye.
Dear me, what else could go wrong? Shocked
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:35 pm

Hadn’t seen that. He played the injury down last week. Not much luck this series. Maybe Dan might step in?
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:13 pm

Rough on Hamish; I'm really warming to the man. Rough on the show to be honest, lousy luck. I'd have thought they'd have a nobody leaves contingency plan in place should such happen?
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:12 pm

And apparently Joe-Warren is returning COVID test depending. More twists in this yet!
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:56 pm

A two hour first class ice show from the warmth of my living room, highly entertaining with all the thrills and spills T.V can produce. The staggering talents of Chris Fountain, Hayley Tamazin, Ray Quinn and James Jordan to see all over again and some utterly incredible performances from Torville and Dean and the pro skaters. Loved it and not a fault to find except a few bad mannered moments from a few contestants (and a Judge), but they were much in the minority of an otherwise thoroughly enjoyable evening. Well done ITV for saving the show. .
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:43 pm

So very sorry for my tardiness.. I completely lost all data re forum etc and by chance new notification arriving today in email hurrah saved me. I completely forgot password lol too.
So Dancing on Ice or Diseaster on Ice has been very disruptive re Covid, injuries to both pro dancer and Celebs.
Im not sure tbh if Id rather it was just moved forward a few months to restart.
I wished id seen more of Rufus thou I hope he chooses a solid floor and SCD for this year.
Colin a joy for me in any show Embarassed
Jason I was sorry to lose.Faye doing well too.
I wasn't at all keen on the 90 second GC nonsense. I felt justification of appearence fee and travel expenses( was it essential Travel?) a waste.
I hope no one else goes re injury or Covid

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:40 am

Hello all

Hi Sax - hope you're keeping well.

I finally got to catch up with the 'Best of' Show from last Sunday and thoroughly agree with you Mr T - what a great show they put together. I really enjoyed it and it brought back memories of lots of routines and competitors that I had forgotten - people like Kieran Bracken and Suzanne Shaw. I have to say though that I think Ray Quinn's Flamenco n umber is possibly my favourite ever DOI routine. Both he and Hayley Tamadon were pure class - as was our own James Jordan of course. I really wish that Dan Whiston still skated in the show as a professional.

So let's see what Sunday night brings........................Hope they are all on their game and I'll be rooting for Colin.

xxxxx Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:43 am

Morning Folks

It was nice to see the contest back on last night - although sadly some of the better/interesting skaters are no longer there - through no fault of their own of course - but it showed. I still think that Amy Tinkler should have got a longer run and should have been kept in.

I really would not have liked to have been on the judging panel and having to choose between Rebekah and Lady L - there was nothing between them for me and maybe the fact that Rebekah had a stumble in the main routine and Lady L didn't maybe clinched it? Not sure, I was happy with Rebekah going out as I think she has been constantly overmarked, last night included. I really wanted to like her main routine as I love Moon River - but I felt she did look like she was concentrating on getting it right and was relying heavily on her partner. However, I think the best thing about Lady L's routine was the dinosaurs!!! Very Happy Very Happy Apart from the characterisation, which she always does well, I felt that in skating and dancing terms it was almost a copy of the Egyptian routine that they did two weeks ago.

I think all three girls have now reached their ceiling - I felt Faye was on par with both Rebekah and Lady L - she just happened to get the viewer votes, but it is difficult to change partners and I think it will be interesting next week whether she convincingly beats Lady L into the Final or not because for me it must be sure fire that Sonny and Colin get into the Final.

Colin's routine was easily the best of the night for me and I felt he got all the appropriate and tricky dance steps onto the ice - it was authentic and well timed. Sonny's routine was ok too - although it did not quite equal Colin for me particularly as I didn't think he did that well on the judges challenge. I do like him and I think he has improved but he is very good at the 'cheeky chappy' type of routines and I think I want to see more variety from him and some slow skates before I decide whether he is the complete package or not!

Good to see that they are doing two routines next week - they've got a lot of time to fill!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

mauveangel09

saxonsiren likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:51 am

Great review mauve Very Happy
I am happy Rebekah out as never a fan and just couldn't connect at all. I do feel she had an extra few weeks in due to luck? or overmarked re Judges early on.
Colin fab and think he will be the one to catch re trophy.
Im not sure if id like D.O.I split over Saturday & Sunday evenings as its so lonnnngggg pale too many adverts.
I want to enjoy the show not have to watch after show starts so I can ff through adverts and some tedious sections.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:58 am

Morning folks. Whilst it's hard to feel too sorry for money-raking big corporations, ITV are really having a tough time right now with injuries and Covid restrictions everywhere. D.O.I has had a real wallop and it must be hard to get a show together amongst it all. T&D are being amazing with their personal He is. And we obey him., but, Colin and Sonny apart, there's a marked lack of real quality amongst the remaining contestants. The performances more resemble Week 1/2 rather than almost final time.

The pro skates are earning their money valiantly trying to make their charges look good with all sorts of things but class skating. Lady L and Rebeka could have both gone for me before Faye who at least tried. Next week is prop week and I can't see anything dazzling emerging there. Hope I'm wrong. There are no potential James Jordan's Hayley Tamazin's or Ray Quinn's in sight right now. I've plumped for Colin all along and still think he'll walk it. Que sera...Smile
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:28 pm

In the rare event of them being judged on ice dancing, ie skating to music and not celebrity grannies video clips (I've already disagreed with my wife on this) Colin is looking a clear cut winner . Both Jane and Chris saved him last night on dance/skating ability, which tells a tale. Truthfully, through no fault of anyone, Dancing on Ice has been a disaster this year with lockdown and injuries. Ah, well, Sunday is the last night, so best of luck to all.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:41 am

Hi Mr T

Yes totally agree with you on the VT front. I was happily enjoying the first half of the show - I thought that all the celebs had upped their game since last week. The props routines had something of the usual Dancing on Ice about them - I always marvel at how they deal with those props and I genuinely for the first time enjoyed Lady L's routine and thought she did one of the best ones in that round with the chairs used very well. I can't the same about Sonny - the prop just seemed something to dance around - although I suppose what can you do with a big heavy table??? I thought that technically Colin did a very fast, furious and difficult routine with a difficult prop - pity he had a bit of a stumble, but I think they all pushed themselves.

Then came the second half - and my goodness what a downer! Without wishing to take away from any of the heartbreaking stories that we heard - I felt like you Mr T that the voting might have been more about the emotional side of things. Colin did a straightforward dedication to his Mum and Dad and ended up in the skate off!!!! I can't say I really enjoyed any of those second skates - if anything I thought they were boring and they seemed laboured from some couples. I wanted to be moved but I just wasn't unfortunately and none of it was uplifting to me - just my own thoughts of course!

Sooo glad that Colin was saved - it was another no brainer to me. We have the finalists that we thought we would have and at least they have got to the Finals show after such a chequered run this year.

We seem to have lost Moova and Jingle???? Hope all is well and that you will be posting this week. Very Happy Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:13 pm

Still here Mauve...just about!  Have to admit my interest in the show plummeted after Amy's elimination and then Jason's injury exit. I'm now firmly in the Colin to win camp, but unfortunately don't think he will.  

Agree completely with your analysis of the show, I thought most of the prop routines were fabulous and pacy, and my favourite was either the golf clubs or the chairs. But then those dreadful VTs Evil or Very Mad   I really really dislike that type of thing - without wishing to belittle any of the stories, it's just become so formulaic and icky. Same thing has crept into the Strictly Couples Choice VTs, just a big no-no in my book.  I want entertainment and escapism, not a sense of gloom.

Anyhow, hopefully the final will go ahead without any further incident. I did read somewhere that Colin is battling a back injury, so hope he can still manage one last show.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:14 pm

Forgot to say, I really loved the bit of Argentine Tango in the pro routine; sheer class.. cheers
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:20 pm

Id like Colin to win D.O.I..Not sure who else will challenge. Ive found it very hard this year to maintain my interest throughout the series. Its been a real Rollercoaster of Injuries, Covid and other incidents affecting the Pro's & Celebs.
I did feel possibly half way through D.O.I should have postponed series and started later this Summer.

As Mr T has stated its not had its wow moments or routines that have made you sit up with a tingle
Still feels to me as if we are still in week 4-5 amd its early days for the couples not approaching The Final.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:41 pm

I would like Colin to win. Thought his routines were bit bland last week so fingers crossed. Apart from Lady L thought props were awful and then their choice...........
I think Sonny will win.
A disappointment of a series after the past two years which I really enjoyed.

Hope you are all well and either had your jab or not far off.
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:06 pm

So we've had the Final and we have our winner of DOI 2021 - the year that certainly won't be forgotten for all the wrong reasons unfortunately.

As I pondered on all the contestants tonight and watched those who could manage to get on to the ice for a final fling, I reflected that this could have been a cracking competition this year! It looked good on paper and I couldn't help getting that feeling of ' what if' tonight! How would Denise van Outen and Jason Donovan have done? I don't think the likes of Rebekah would have lasted as long up against Joe Warren. I also marvelled about how some one as good as Graham could have been booted off so early?? And how did Amy get dumped?? Certainly a weird topsy turvy year.....................

So to the Final........ Overall an enjoyable show with the highlight of the night for me being T and D's routine to 'Fly me to the Moon' but the best skater didn't win the contest Sad Sad In the first round I thought Colin was easily the best Skater of the three. I didn't think either Faye or Sonny did that well, even though they had to cope with props I felt that both their routines seemed laboured somehow and they didn't get much speed over the ice. Colin by comparison put in a polished and assured performance with lots of confidence, speed and dance steps.

In the second round however, I felt Colin should have perhaps chosen the Saturday Night Fever n umber rather than the Bodyguard, which was one of my least favourite routines, although I think it did demonstrate how as a male celeb he really took control of the routine and his partner in a way that many male celebs never quite crack. Sonny was at his best with the cheeky chappy stuff which he does so well, and I do think the Popeye routine was his best n umber and it was full of complex steps and good timing. Lovely to see Faye do the 'Swan Lake' routine again - one of my favourite routines of the series, but how gutted must Hamish have been feeling at this point!

I was so brassed off that Colin got knocked out. I'm not sure why DOI doesn't do what SCD does these days by letting all three of them do all of their routines. However, I greatly enjoyed both Bolero routines and to be honest I couldn't choose between the two of them as for me both danced excellent routines - but Well done to Sonny J and Angela I didn't think he had it in him to do a bolero routine that was as good as the one we saw tonight.

So once again it is all over and against all the odds they got over the finish line. Whilst I enjoyed the more pared down version of SCD that we had in this season - I don't think this translated well to DOI and the largely empty ice rink didn't help the lack of atmosphere. However, although it's been a strange series and certainly not a classic one, I do think that having some music and dancing on a Sunday evening has really brightened up what has been a most difficult time and for that I am grateful that they have been able to bring us the Show.

I hope by the time we re-convene in the summer for the next series of SCD that the world may look a little different - here's crossing everything for that!!!!

It has been great to have your company through DOI this year - fair play to all of us for sticking with it!
I Wish everyone a lovely Spring and Summer and hopefully as the sun comes out we will be able to start going out and enjoying the company of family and friends - in person! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Cool Cool

Lots of love to all xxxxxx keeeeep dancing

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:47 am

Good Morning

Im disappointed Colin didn't win or get through to give us his Bolero Routine.
Yes I agree looking on paper this year had quite a diverse spread of Talent. The injuries took their Toll and of fourse Covid did too. Jason,Colin, Faye, DVO, Graham, Amy Had high hopes for aling with Colin. Rebekah for me in the early weeks kept in too long ( not a fan but she just imitated a leech clinging on for dear life being dragged around)

The Ridiculus Golden Tickets I hope next year stops as it was a complete waste of time. Saving couples that should have been in the SKate off.
The injury to DVO a dreadful accident however it was serious and an earlier decision to leave the show would have been fairer. A no one leaves week could have helped.
Rufus again confused how he got covid outside of his bubble & with Golden Tickets too seemed to just be given a free ride?

D.O.I has a high chance and incident rate of injuries & Im sure some celebs wont risk this. Why not have a weeks rest built in to D.O.I in the early weeks? Give bruises and confidence a chance to recover. No judged performance that week but maybe a few clips from training and a Chance to just feel free from pressure for a week.
Anyone nursing an injury might get more treatment or thorough MRI/Cat Scan to see how bad the injuries are.

Also cut the length of the show. Im tortured by advert breaks, Verbal Diaorrhea by presenters, Judges before we get two dances to watch. A Saturday & Sunday teatime show makes better timing and the couples can have alternative Sat/Sun timeslots. Or the number of contestants to be reduced.
I most often record the start then 25 mins in start watching , fg adverts, VD , Cheesey VT 's etc. I still catch up thoi to the frustration of waiting.
I want to watch show live, excited and engaged in the show, cobtestants & presenters ( Sorry but just cannot do this with Phil ) Not with a omg how long is it going on? decide to watch much much later and armed with RC to ff and acheive R.S.I in my Thumb.

Not sure if I will wish to watch D.O.I again. The format needs changing and Phil and the length of the Show.

Maybe it might be more entertaining if D.O.I morphed with the Jungle and they had to Ice Skate freestyle & with a Partner whilst finding clues / challenges to get voted into the Jungle.

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next