Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kevin - from Grimsby

+10
jingle
B4p
David Tee
Tina Sparkle
Sid
Poppetlovestango
saxonsiren
CaledonianCraig
gingercodgers
fiftynotout
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Kevin - from Grimsby - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin - from Grimsby

Post  B4p Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:34 pm

He's got a massive fan base sax and has played a clever game so far with his choreography.

My question is, can Susannah keep up with him as he 'turns the frittata" (another of Vincent's phrases)? It's going to get harder and faster over the next week or so. Will she cope?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:23 pm

Kevin hadn't put a foot wrong until this weekend when I thought he choreographed a routine that was beyond Susanna's capabilities. But it's only his first year, so he's learning too, and so far I think he's been great. Made a real impact. Very impressive.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sofajudge Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:35 pm

Another fan here! He is adorable although I do think he left Susanna behind last week. Hopefully this weeks AT will be much better.
Sofajudge
Sofajudge

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:33 am

Glad to see there is a thread here about Kevin from Grimbsy.

I like him but his choreography is more of a miss of late. The quickstep is too quick and too many steps for Susanna. They may have nailed it in their rehearsals but still...

Apparently he's doing some Michael Jackson move in his AT? Doesn't fill me with positivity at the moment but I hope to be proven wrong on Saturday!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:36 pm

Hello. Great handle Cellar Door. Wink 

Susanna seems a real full-of-fun character, but she'll really need to concentrate in the quickstep. Kevin has become very popular and they may well gain a mark or two in the crackpotothon, but who goes this week? They're all getting to be much of a muchness right now and I'm not sure who's safe or isn't. I'm seeing Keven as a decent teacher, but is Susanna up for the task?
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:28 pm

ITT showed a glimpse of Kevin's "Jacksons style" step! Suzanna I agree will have to keep up & as Zoe advised it is Kevin's first AT! So its new for him too.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:36 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Hello. Great handle Cellar Door. Wink 

Susanna seems a real full-of-fun character, but she'll really need to concentrate in the quickstep. Kevin has become very popular and they may well gain a mark or two in the crackpotothon, but who goes this week? They're all getting to be much of a muchness right now and I'm not sure who's safe or isn't. I'm seeing Keven as a decent teacher, but is Susanna up for the task?  
It always makes a series exciting when I can't tell who's next to go! I love them all, but I do have a soft spot for Sophie at the moment. But I am quite fickle, I can just as easily switch my adoration to Abbey the following week, or quite recently I was quite impressed with Susanna (waltz and paso). Well, I was also quite impressed with Kevin, never expected him to choreographed THAT waltz or that paso! Smile 
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Kevin - from Grimsby - Page 2 Empty Re: Kevin from Grimsby

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:10 pm

Hello Cellar-Door

Yes I agree about the lovely routines which have showed Kevin as a great choreographer with the 'boy next door' appeal that has contributed to their likeability. However, I think a couple of times he has got a bit carried away and last week was a step too far. The best thing they can do this week is really concentrate on the precision and the almost 'aloof' feeling needed for the AT - I think on paper they both don't suit this dance - they are so the devils work and 'ballroomey' so if they can pull it off I will be in real admiration and would say they can go all the way. I find the idea of a Michel Jackson themed AT so wrong on so many levels but I actually think it might suit them as opposed to a trad AT track which might be too exposing for them.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:56 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Hello Cellar-Door

Yes I agree about the lovely routines which have showed Kevin as a great choreographer with the 'boy next door' appeal that has contributed to their likeability.   However, I think a couple of times he has got a bit carried away and last week was a step too far.   The best thing they can do this week is really concentrate on the precision and the almost 'aloof' feeling needed for the AT - I think on paper they both don't suit this dance - they are so the devils work and  'ballroomey' so if they can pull it off I will be in real admiration and would say they can go all the way.    I find the idea of a Michel Jackson themed AT so wrong on so many levels but I actually think it might suit them as opposed to a trad AT track which might be too exposing for them.
You are quite right. The track doesn't fill me with confidence. I only hope I am proven wrong though...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:15 pm

Poor chap was just about in tears. That's 3 weeks of wobbly scores. I thought he was going to start yelling at the judges when they got thrown out the swing-a-thon first. They must have got a huge public vote to escape the DO.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sofajudge Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:04 pm

B4p wrote:Poor chap was just about in tears. That's 3 weeks of wobbly scores. I thought he was going to start yelling at the judges when they got thrown out the swing-a-thon first. They must have got a huge public vote to escape the DO.

Have to be highest or second highest in public vote. Good. I kind of don't mind her winning what with the general nastiness being afforded them on the other site.

He is adorable, a little too ambitious in his choreography lately but maybe he will tone it down a little after this week. Funny too. Have you seen his take regarding the swing a thon on the BBC website? Take a look, it's the second segment featuring him and Susanna.
Sofajudge
Sofajudge

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:25 pm

Sofajudge wrote:

Have to be highest or second highest in public vote. Good. I kind of don't mind her winning what with the general nastiness being afforded them on the other site.

He is adorable, a little too ambitious in his choreography lately but maybe he will tone it down a little after this week. Funny too. Have you seen his take regarding the swing a thon on the BBC website? Take a look, it's the second segment featuring him and Susanna.

By the other side, do you mean DS? There are a lot of nastiness in there for many celebs/pros, but especially Susanna and Kevin. I've effectively stopped reading that forum now, too toxic for my psyche...

BTW, what is the video clip of him and Susanna called, sofa?
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sofajudge Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:50 pm

cellar-door wrote:

By the other side, do you mean DS? There are a lot of nastiness in there for many celebs/pros, but especially Susanna and Kevin. I've effectively stopped reading that forum now, too toxic for my psyche...

BTW, what is the video clip of him and Susanna called, sofa?

Yes I mean DS, Cellar. K&S have had it worse and more sustained than any of the others.

The clip is on the BBC Strictly site and the tv was/is on the front page called Ashley Leaving or something very similar, it's amusing.
Sofajudge
Sofajudge

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:57 pm

Sofajudge wrote:

Yes I mean DS, Cellar. K&S have had it worse and more sustained than any of the others.

The clip is on the BBC Strictly site and the tv was/is on the front page called Ashley Leaving or something very similar, it's amusing.

"Get out!"  Laughing lol! 
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sofajudge Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:00 pm

cellar-door wrote:

"Get out!"  Laughing lol! 

Haha. I thought you would like it.  Very Happy 
Sofajudge
Sofajudge

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:06 pm

Sofajudge wrote:

Haha. I thought you would like it.  Very Happy 

I freaking love it! I hope despite the negativity from certain forums, they remain popular. Don't mind any one of the remaining semi-finalists to win but I can happily say I would very much want to read the DS forum if Susanna and Kevin win!  afro 

Yes, I can be sick that way.  lol! 
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:29 pm

I shall go & take a peep.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:05 pm

Whoohooo Kevin world record holder for the most Drunken Sailors! Well done for the record & being so upbeat & lovely!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:09 pm

Yes, well done, Kevin! It's unlikely you'll win the SCD this series but it's a rather awesome consolation prize to be the world record holder!  Cool 
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:12 pm

Ooh CD never write off a favourite! I feel Kevin will make the final this year & its all hanging on the Showdance! Every year it makes or breaks a couples chances.Im hoping Kevin stays around for a few series.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:15 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Ooh CD never write off a favourite! I feel Kevin will make the final this year & its all hanging on the Showdance! Every year it makes or breaks a couples chances.Im hoping Kevin stays around for a few series.

I like Kevin! He'll stay around with Karen for a couple more series I think, whether he wins or not. Not sure if the showdance really matter that much tbh. The best showdance I could remember was Tom Chamber's. If Susanna and Kevin could do something similar to that I think they might be in for a chance, but I supposed the viewers' decision was made long before showdance was performed by the couples...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:31 pm

The showdance cost E.rin & Colin thier trophy! Dollgate! O.la & Chris won the trophy because of their showdance.Louis won as a result of an awesome showdance as did Tom & Camilla! The showdance is the deciding factor.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:38 pm

saxonsiren wrote:The showdance cost E.rin & Colin thier trophy! Dollgate! O.la & Chris won the trophy because of their showdance.Louis won as a result of an awesome showdance as did Tom & Camilla! The showdance is the deciding factor.

I slightly disagree, saxo. Darren Gough was already very popular in series three, whether Colin did that puppetgate showdance or not it was clear (at least to me) that Darren was going to win it. In series 5, I liked Matt Di Angelo's showdance more than Alesha's though I had been supporting Alesha from day one. Chris was always going to win because he was never in the bottom two even when he wasn't scotring very well. I actually can't remember his showdance now. Kara did a disaster of a showdance and still won.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:45 pm

CD Darren would never have won the trophy on his own without dollgate.Colin was a far superior dancer imo than Darren.Kara won with a huge fanbase with Artem & had a good showdance imo.Chris Hollins not a great dancer but wow that showdance seaked it.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:59 pm

We will watch the showdance with excitement! & I wonder is it worth a poll? Does the showdance decide the winner of SCD? Smile
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next