Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Presenters

+9
cellar-door
hatlady28
mauveangel09
Poppetlovestango
saxonsiren
B4p
lualen
allsewnonbyhand
Sid
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Presenters - Page 3 Empty Re: Presenters

Post  diamondsandpearls Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:55 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Her I go upsetting apple-carts again. Hope the B.B.C have their sights set on A nton as the next compere. I know lots love Tess, Claudia, Zoe etc, but A nton is a total natural, understands dance and music and has bags of relaxed personality. His age means he hasn't all that long in competitiive mode in the show and for me, he'd be an ideal choice.

Oh dear Tango - I am going to have to disagree with you...

I really can't stand Housewives choice. Irritating. Likes the sound of his own voice. Not funny. Doesn't appear to be a terribly good teacher (though I would accept that he has a good rapport with Judy and has managed to improve her a little).

As they say over on the other side "He's like a little Brucie..." (in his latter days, the annoying ones...)

I am more than happy with Tess and Claude. But if you have to bring a man in, then I think you want a compere who can relate to the audience and DOESN'T know too much about fleckles and contrachecks. The judges are there for that, and there are four of them. Another expert would be one too many. Graham Norton ("He's like a little Terry Wogan" - who did Come Dancing for years...) could possibly work, but I can't really think of anyone else other than him who can embrace the campness, be warm to the dancers and relate to the audience. Oh, yes I can - they're called Tess and Claude.... Wink
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:08 am

But he's got masses of fans D and P and I think he would relate very well to the audience.

He's very good in his own show with E rin - as compere, singer and dancer.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:18 am

mauveangel09 wrote:But he's got masses of fans D and P and I think he would relate very well to the audience.
He's very good in his own show with E rin - as compere, singer and dancer.

I have a D.V.D of his and E rin's show, and yes, some of that is what I base my choice on. His pleasant manner and ability to charm audiences with ease, an ability to draw laughter and create a relaxed atmosphere are his strengths. Surely all the attributes of a perfect compere? Being likened to a little B ruce is no bad thing. B ruce's only real fault is he should have retired years ago instead of trying to extend an already vastly successful career beyond what was feasible. In staying on he made himself appear a little silly and not up to it any more and became irritating. A nton could last twenty years without reaching that stage and I doubt Strictly will last another five really.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:16 am

I don't mind An ton in a presenting role. I was at a show in Glasgow, where Graham Norton & Claudia presented Strictly Eurovision (featuring Vin cent & Louisa Lytton) Graham & Claudia worked really well together. It was interesting watching how the live show was being filmed. The two made it appear seamless. I'd like Ian to be on the judging panel instead of Darcey who's fast resembling a chocolate teapot
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:08 am

deleted.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:00 am

Deleted? Sid you ok?

I like the idea of A.nton as compere or judge and Ibe always thought Graham Norton would do well! I like Zoe and besides the glitter bin bag of a dress thought she did well.

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:19 pm

Yes sorry had a brain fart last night sax and posted my review of the dances here instead of in the "A Little Bit Of Honesty" thread!

I swear if A.nton ended up presenting the show we'd only get through half the dances! The guy doesn't know when to shut up! I think he'd be a popular choice with a lot of viewers though.

Last edited by Sid on Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:28 pm

Sid wrote:Yes sorry had a brain fart last night sax and posted my review of the dances here instead of in the "A Little Bit Of Honesty" thread!

I swear if A.nton ended up presenting the show we'd only get through half the dance! The guy doesn't know when to shut up! I think he'd be a popular choice with a lot of viewers though.

I would prefer An.ton NOT to be the Strictly host.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:34 pm

Well that's two of us then CD Laughing

Honestly, I can see his appeal. But he'd drive me mad!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:45 pm

Sid wrote:Well that's two of us then CD Laughing

Honestly, I can see his appeal. But he'd drive me mad!

Unlike you, I CAN'T see his appeal. But I can just about tolerate him as a pro occasionally, can't imagine him trying to crack jokes introducing the contestants. No. I would rather have Graham Norton (not my top choice as an SCD presenter) than An.ton.

Sorry, TangoL. Embarassed
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:49 pm

cellar-door wrote:

Unlike you, I CAN'T see his appeal. But I can just about tolerate him as a pro occasionally, can't imagine him trying to crack jokes introducing the contestants. No. I would rather have Graham Norton (not my top choice as an SCD presenter) than An.ton.

Hey, don't apologise, C.D. I have my reputation to consider. lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:57 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Hey, don't apologise, C.D. I have my reputation to consider. lol!

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:50 pm

Please - not Housewives choice.  He gives me the creeps affraid

I thought Zoe did a great job last night at short notice but I'm quite happy with Tess and Claud now.  I had doubts at the beginning but I'm liking their partnership more and more.
Wallflower
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:03 pm

Sorry folks but I really don't mind An.ton. He is different from a lot of the other pros as in he takes the stick on the chin and makes a joke of it. Others in the past such as J.ames or B.rendan have snapped back at the judges which hasn't helped their partners. Perhaps that trait is one he has been forced to hone having been paired with so many lame ducks as his partners.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:55 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Sorry folks but I really don't mind An.ton. He is different from a lot of the other pros as in he takes the stick on the chin and makes a joke of it. Others in the past such as J.ames or B.rendan have snapped back at the judges which hasn't helped their partners. Perhaps that trait is one he has been forced to hone having been paired with so many lame ducks as his partners.

Laila wasn't a lame duck by any stretch of imagination and he still messed it up, especially because he was so gawdful with his latin routines, ofttimes he actually looked worse than some competent male celebs, such as Mark Ramprakash (Salsa), Ricky Whittle (all latin dances he did) and Matt Di'Angelo (Salsa, Rumba).
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:21 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

[You can call me Sir from now on].....made himself appear a little silly and not up to it any more and became irritating. A nton could last twenty years without reaching that stage and I doubt Strictly will last another five really.

I'm sory, but Ann Ton reached that stage some time ago, as far as I am concerned. I know he has loads of fans, but there are probably as many detractors who, like me, have very little time for him. He's a little bit marmite I think....
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:34 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

I'm sory, but Ann Ton reached that stage some time ago, as far as I am concerned.  I know he has loads of fans, but there are probably as many detractors who, like me, have very little time for him.  He's a little bit marmite I think....

Exactly D & P.  Just look at the range of views on this very small forum
Wallflower
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:55 pm

I dislkie Marmite but I do like A.nton!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:02 pm

cellar-door wrote:

I don't think A nton will be a permanent presenter any time soon - C laud and T ess are settling into their roles and it is quite groundbreaking to have two female hosts, which I think the beeb likes. Zoe proved last night that she is right there if needed. I wouldn't be adverse to a few guest presenters of the male variety just to make things a bit different at various points during the season - can't do as much damage as 'guest judges'. Graham Norton and A nton would be good and there are a few others who would be good too - particularly if they can do a 'turn' themselves as a bonus. Thinking back on the early series - I also remember that the celebs had to master two dances each week from about mid way onwards - big challenge. I agree that they won't go back to only doing a few dance styles each week but I do think there should be a strict rotation between ballroom and latin for each person - the haphazard way that this operates at present does definitely disadvantage some and favour others - they should be able to do this as it shouldn't affect the 'entertainment' value one jot.

My idea would be that in the week immediately after a theme show they would have a a 'technical challenge' type week with marks for performance and marks for technique, with the judges looking for certain moves to be included in each dance - they could even have Karen or Ian as guest 'technical' judge for those weeks - this would give a different focus to certain shows and stop some of the anti climax that happens after a good theme show (not the one we have just had!) This would happen approximately 3 times during the series and would help redress the balance, because the theme nights always favour a certain 'type' of contestant. Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:23 pm

cheers Id agree to that!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppetlovestango Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:07 pm

BBC/Strictly says that Zoe will be co-hosting again this weekend.

My thoughts and best wishes go out to Cl*udia, her husband and family, hoping Matilda recovers as quickly as nature allows.
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Post  lualen Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:47 am

I asked earlier on if we could have Zoe back this week. However, don't want it to be for the reason that Claudia's daughter got burned. I think at the time we all thought she was just 'ill'. Best wishes for speedy recovery.
lualen
lualen

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:15 am

lualen wrote:I asked earlier on if we could have Zoe back this week. However, don't want it to be for the reason that Claudia's daughter got burned. I think at the time we all thought she was just 'ill'. Best wishes for speedy recovery.

I don't think Claudia's daughter is just 'ill'. She was burned, but we are not sure just how bad was her degree of burn that's all.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:39 pm

I'll just put in a "best wishes for a speedy recovery" to the little girl.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:59 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:I'll just put in a "best wishes for a speedy recovery" to the little girl.

Me too! flower

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum