Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alijaz better than Pasha?

+3
B4p
cellar-door
saxonsiren
7 posters

Go down

Alijaz better than Pasha? Empty Alijaz better than Pasha?

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:01 pm

I liked Alijaz when he first joined SCD now I adore him! He really is a gentleman
He has brought out the best in Alison and his previous partners.He is a patient teacher and really inspires his dance partners. He has fun during training and Ive never seen him impatient or indeed tempramental. Pasha on occasions got worked up and I feel he didn't encourage as well as Alijaz does. If Pasha had featured in this years SCD Id still pick Alijaz over Pasha.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Alijaz better than Pasha? Empty Re: Alijaz better than Pasha?

Post  cellar-door Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:03 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I liked Alijaz when he first joined SCD now I adore him! He really is a gentleman
He has brought out the best in Alison and his previous partners.He is a patient teacher and really inspires his dance partners. He has fun during training and Ive never seen him impatient or indeed tempramental. Pasha on occasions got worked up and I feel he didn't encourage as well as Alijaz does. If Pasha had featured in this years SCD Id still pick Alijaz over Pasha.

I liked both of them. Last year Alijaz was a little straight-laced, this year he's a little more unhinged, and showed us more of his 'fun' side.

The only year Pasha sort of disappointed me was when he was paired up with Rachel Riley. He had that far-away look most of the time, and yet behind the scene he was falling for his celeb partner.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:09 pm

cellar-door wrote:I liked both of them. Last year Alijaz was a little straight-laced, this year he's a little more unhinged, and showed us more of his 'fun' side.
He was Tristan's room mate when they were both in the American DWTS, and he's Janette's boyfriend, so I think he must have a sense of humour either way to cope with those two. He's having a great season. No doubt about it.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:12 pm

I thought he probably behaved because Kara would have been a nightmare at home! Pasha began to have an ego from the attentions of female SCD fans.Alijaz still has the air of innocence about him. I think he knows he has limitations re Alison he still has put together terrific choreography suited to Alison
I felt Pasha didn't make his choreography tailor made towards Rachel.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:21 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I thought he probably behaved because Kara would have been a nightmare at home! Pasha began to have an ego from the attentions of female SCD fans.Alijaz still has the air of innocence about him. I think he knows he has limitations re Alison he still has put together terrific choreography suited to Alison
I felt Pasha didn't make his choreography tailor made towards Rachel.

To be fair to Pasha, he did what he could with Rachel, she was like a plank, and given, say, an An.ton calibre, Rachel would have been a butt of jokes with the judges. So in that sense Pasha did well. But he was trying so hard not to be seen to be falling for Rachel so I guessed he over-compensated and became a little 'closed' in expression publicly. Tess hinted many times regarding their 'relationship' but Pasha just gave a cherubic smile and pretended he didn't understand what's going on.

With regards to Pasha beginning to have an ego, I honestly didn't and don't sense that from him, not even this series. I think he knows Caroline has a lot of potential so he's stricter with her and expected a lot from her, just like Trent knows Pixie is a very good dancer so put in a lot of difficult stuffs in their dances and never gave Pixie an easy ride.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:27 pm

Oops I got Kara mixed up with Rachel! Pasha still for me doesn't bring out the best in his partners as Alijaz has. Caroline I think could be pushed more.Mr Artem Im King would have been a drill instructor in the trsining room.Alijaz just seems to calm his celeb partner naturally without any harshness or falling out.Do you recall Brendan and the Casulty actress? He so many tumes reduced her to tears.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:28 pm

Less keen on Pasha since he became all sexified. Preferred him when he first arrived - all innocent and goofy. Now he's got an "I'm sexy and I know it" vibe about him and it's put me off.

Sorry, that was a very shallow response to your thread sax!

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:33 pm

No need to apologise Sid ! You hit it on the nail with your comments.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:34 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Oops I got Kara mixed up with Rachel! Pasha still for me doesn't bring out the best in his partners as Alijaz has. Caroline I think could be pushed more.Mr Artem Im King would have been a drill instructor in the trsining room.Alijaz just seems to calm his celeb partner naturally without any harshness or falling out.Do you recall Brendan and the Casulty actress? He so many tumes reduced her to tears.

I thought Brendan was very good to Sunetra. I don't recall Brendan with another Casualty actress? It might be James Jordan you were talking about...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Alijaz better than Pasha? Empty RE: Alijaz better than Pasha

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:06 pm

I wasn't particularly struck on Alijaz last year - even though he went on to win - I found him a bit cheesy. I have warmed to him much more this year. I think Pasha is extremely talented and clever - my problem with him is that I went off him last year because I don't think he coped particularly well with a more challenging partner and I have not seen him work yet with a more mature partner - he always gets a young girl??? I mean even A rtem did his year with Fern Britton.

I loved Pasha in his first year with Chelsea, then he struck really lucky with Kimberley, and then came Rachel and now Caroline. I was very surprised and shocked when I realized that he and Rachel were in a relationship - you could have knocked me side ways - just goes to show. So maybe I'm not that good about reading things, but I can't really compare the two either way - as this is only Alijaz's second year in the show I want to reserve judgement on him but I think he is doing well so far with what he is putting together for Alison and he seems more likeable this year.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:35 pm

cellar-door wrote:

I thought Brendan was very good to Sunetra. I don't recall Brendan with another Casualty actress? It might be James Jordan you were talking about...

I think that was Sarah Manners in the second series. She was in Casualty along with Doctors and The Bill plus a number of other soaps I think. Yes, in the early days Brendan was pretty tough on his partners. I think that he's mellowed a lot since then.
Tina Sparkle
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:42 pm

Tina Sparkle wrote:I think that was Sarah Manners in the second series.  She was in Casualty along with Doctors and The Bill plus a number of other soaps I think.  Yes, in the early days Brendan was pretty tough on his partners.  I think that he's mellowed a lot since then.

Ah, I started watching Strictly from series 4 onwards. No wonder...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:43 pm

Thanks Tina! I knew she was blonde possibly Polish? Brendan has mellowed a lot since the early series.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:41 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Thanks Tina! I knew she was blonde possibly Polish? Brendan has mellowed a lot since the early series.

Sarah Manners is blonde, but not Polish, and was definitely with Brendan,

I think the Polish girl (also blonde, also in Casualty) was James Jordan's partner - his first I think? I can picture her but I can't remember her name...

diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:43 pm

You could be right! Ooh now Im thinking of who is it?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:44 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:Sarah Manners is blonde, but not Polish, and was definitely with Brendan,

I think the Polish girl (also blonde, also in Casualty) was James Jordan's partner - his first I think? I can picture her but I can't remember her name...

That was James Jordan's partner. She was like a plank but she did a nice foxtrot and was voted off.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:50 pm

Georgina Borzova!! It was J.ames apologies
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:04 pm

Oh yes, I remember her. There were tears there too, I think.
Tina Sparkle
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down