Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contestants for Series 13

+12
mauveangel09
Moova 12
Wallflower
saxonsiren
TANGOLERO
fiftynotout
CaledonianCraig
Sid
vonee21
jingle
B4p
Poppetlovestango
16 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Contestants for Series 13 - Page 4 Empty Re: Contestants for Series 13

Post  cellar-door Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:19 am

Sid wrote:

I know! On the same wavelength again CD. We're sooo getting married!

I forgot to mention the boxer. He seems to have given up before even getting started! Bad luck to injur himself before the show. Oti seems lovely though - and is stunning.

Getting married? You mean you forgot our engagement?! Sad

I have a feeling that Anthony fancies Oti and is just chuffed he's hooking up with her in every sense of the word. He might be an early exit ala Jade!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:41 pm

Ooh forum wedding bells! Well our Karen married in the summer and I forgot who but another pair of professionals have got engaged too!
I so wanted Jamelia to cross paths with our Brendan. Happy Alijaz has a good partner and Pasha (who looked fab from 4 rows back from stage,I saw his show fantastic)

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:21 pm

Well Hi everyone.

So - the opening show has paired them off. Most of you seem to be OK with the pairings. Me too, so here's my take on them all.

I'm the odd one out I think in that I'm a put a vest on you strumpet fan (and yes - I'll never shorten her name  - I like the strumpet bit too much!) I don't know much about Iwan but first impressions weren't favourable. A very big ego there. I'm not sure they'll get on.  

Housewives choice (not shortening that either) was always going to get "the older woman", but in this case, well I have high hopes for Katie Derham. If Housewives choice can get through some of the Latin dances, they might do quite well. It would be great to see him progress further than normal.

I think pairing Natalie and Ainsley isn't such a bad idea. He can certainly move, and who knows how fit he is? I think there are distinct possibilities there, they might even make it to the final. A few of you seem to be dismissing Peter André too. I'm not sure why. I'd have thought he had quite a good chance. He seems to be able to move well and will definitely be fit.

As to Carol and Pasha. Poor Pasha. She's very nice and all that, but... poor Pasha. Daniel and Kristina - same as Carol and Pasha I'm afraid. An early bath for both couples. I have no inkling as to Jeremy Vine's abilities but again I suspect he'll be out by the half way point. Good bloke though.

I know nothing about Jay, but he seems like a nice boy and Aliona (another one who a lot of people hate but I like a lot) will be good for him I think. I don't know any of the soap people as I don't watch Eastenders or Corrie. I'll have to watch a few shows to decide what I think of Georgia, Kellie, and The One Show's Anita too. Helen's very pretty and I enjoyed her in Midwife, but I think she might be somewhat annoying in real life. I hope not. I don't know Jamelia but I took to her immediately. Kirsty - she seems OK. She and Brendan might progress quite well.

Anthony and Oti - oh how I hope he can dance. She's just cute and gorgeous and has loads of personality and I want to see her for as many weeks as possible!
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:02 pm

Hi Twirlie! Big Aliona fan here too! Really pleased she wasn't stitched up this year. Kirsty has appeared on a lot of reality shows well the minor ones.The games she did well in.I don't watch the soaps so no idea re the celebs from there this year. Peter just had too much tv exposure for me,his show with his ex wife KP, his own show,newspaper and gossip magazines always a spat going on or new wife/baby. I was amazed that he had permission off Queen Barbie to let them appear, cue cute visits to daddy in training.
My dark horse early on guess will be Jay out of the male celebs and Anita.
Pasha due for a more mature lady. Not sure if A.nton would wish or cope with a goer celeb.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:26 pm

Twirlie wrote:

and Aliona (another one who a lot of people hate but I like a lot)

What? Shocked Shocked There are people who hate Aliona??? Deport them to Timbuctu immediately!
Nothing against Peter Andre as I know little of him, hating celebrity camping fiascos, soap operas and "What xxxx hasn't done yet" . I do know I will put the heebie-jeebies on him grand-style if he lets a certain female anywhere near the show, either training or in the audience. I don't doubt shell see it as an exposure opportunity,a chance for a new perfume or an occasion to write a book, but keep her out at all costs. Evil or Very Mad
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:24 pm

SO agree about a certain person (KP) I hope she does not appear. Surprised to see Peter is fave with bookies. I think this might be a dark horse year. I would have thought speculation might be on which pro could be first to lift glitterball twice.
Brendon, put a vest on you strumpet, Aliona, Alijaz  couldbe in there not Pasha.
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:52 pm

Moova 12 wrote:I think this might be a dark horse year. I would have thought speculation might be on which pro could be first to lift glitterball twice.
Brendon, put a vest on you strumpet, Aliona, Alijaz  couldbe in there not Pasha.

I totally agree Moova.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:20 pm

I'm not surprised Peter's the early bookies favourite. He's got a HUGE following on Twitter (over 3 million) and easily got the most 'likes' on Facebook when the names were announced. He's very much a marmite character though with as many detractors as fans.

I don't feel too sorry for Pasha though Twirlie (if at all!). He's been in 3 of 4 finals since he joined, he was due a lot worse than Carol!

I wouldn't say I hate Aliona as such. But her choreography (and attitude) has left a little to be desired in the past. But I'm more than willing to give her and Jay a chance. I do think it's kinda hilarious that the Beeb fired her and now she could be on course for trophy number 2!

CD I remembered, was just testing if you had Wink *hopes that sounded convincing*

Sax congrats to Karen Smile Heard lots of good things about Pasha's show. Have friends who've been and loved it.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:44 pm

Sid wrote:CD I remembered, was just testing if you had Wink *hopes that sounded convincing*

No, it's not convincing but I am willing to let it slide because I miss you (and I miss seeing that Vincent avatar you have!). Razz

I am really liking this year's line up already. No one's totally riling me as yet (though Jamelia and Iwan were close to doing so).

In the group dance, if you want to know which male celebs have potential, just watch them being arranged to have some solo moments (or doing side by side with a pro couple). That goes to Peter and Jay (who seemed really nervous and stiff, but you can tell he has good hand shaping already).

I love Helen and I am more and more convinced she has some dance background. She's going to be good, especially in ballroom, like last year's Pixie's good.

Agree that Pasha is due a duffer, and I am glad he's paired with an older lady Carol too. I really want to see how he's going to make her half decent in three week's time. Bizarrely I thought that besides Anthony who looked like he's the cat that got the cream (when Oti was announced as his pro partner), I actually thought Katie was genuinely happy to be paired with A.nton. And she actually looked good in some latin inspired moves too! (only Carol was wearing a ballroom gown, all the female celebs wore latin outfits). I hope the two old timers (B.renden and A.nton) go far in the competition, and at least one of them reached the final!

Speaking of B.renden, he's really good in that ballroom quickstep he did with the second pro number!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:18 pm

cellar-door wrote:

I love Helen and I am more and more convinced she has some dance background. She's going to be good, especially in ballroom,  like last year's Pixie's good.

I read a piece in which she said she's done some ballet CD.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:29 am

Oti reminds me of a young Eartha Kitt.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:44 am

Sid wrote:

I read a piece in which she said she's done some ballet CD.

Oh I see... No wonder she said she had Darey Bussell's poster as a girl. Now it makes sense!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:46 am

TANGOLERO wrote:Oti reminds me of a young Eartha Kitt.

Oti is, erm, very VERY well-endowed... Embarassed
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:47 am

Oh dear I can hear the cries of "Had professional lessons,it's not fair etc!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:48 am

saxonsiren wrote:Oh dear I can hear the cries of "Had professional lessons,it's  not fair etc!

Who had professional lessons? You mean Helen doing ballet?
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:54 am

I was watching the clips on the site and Kellie's done even more dance in the past than Helen. And then Jamelia had her pop 'career' so I don't think anyone will be singled out as having an unfair advantage. As long as everyone's open about what they've done from the start.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:27 pm

Hello all, loved the show on Saturday.  Strictly's back, yay!

Just a few moments that stood out for me:-

Jay very nervous (yes, he'll get my Mummy vote).
Peter's hips, wow
Kirsty a little bit earnest (a la Logan)
Daniel like a rabbit caught in the headlights
Surprised A.nton got a contender
Oti just gaw-juss dahling

All the pros took their pairings with good grace

Bring it on.

And good luck everybody for the next three weeks blood, sweat and tears.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:29 pm

It's defiantly a mixed bag this year! I haven't popped over to the dark side yet to see the calamity,groans and stab in the shoulder blades remarks yet
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:22 pm

Sid wrote:Jamelia is the only female celeb I'm not keen on mainly because of a Katie Hopkins moment recently where she said shops shouldn't stock clothes for plus size women - it might encourage them to lose weight! Shocked Mad I want to rescue Tristan Razz
Not too sure about Jamelia either. Another quote last year was that she thought people who went on Strictly were losers.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:29 pm

cellar-door wrote:Hi everybody!So excited Strictly is BACK! cheers * Peter (that HIPS!, I mean...! p.s.: Pasha looks like he had one too many pies! lol! lol! lol!

Peter's Greek. Never seen a Greek yet that can't dance. It's in their DNA.

I thought the same thing about Pasha. He's still wth Rachel Riley so I'm sure she'll be able to tell you exactly how many pies he's had! Looks like he's eaten one from the top (oven shelf) and 5 smaller ones from the bottom.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:30 pm

Peter Andre will be the one that starts with a very big advantage on two fronts. First he has background in dance through his music background and he'll also win the lion's share of women's votes for obvious reasons. Another observation is why can't Jamilia stop giggling?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:51 pm

Has anyone been watching the clips of the first day's rehearsal? What do you think?
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:05 pm

The Red Tops are at it again even if Anthony isn't! Claims that Oti has given Anthony a sex and booze ban.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/s...-ogogo-6442635
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:06 pm

Twirlie wrote:Has anyone been watching the clips of the first day's rehearsal? What do you think?
I've made a new thread for the training clips Twirlie, as I think the next 10 days will see some interesting moves
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:32 pm

I read somewhere that Iwan will only have 3 days of training with O la as he's off to Japan for an athletics event. 3 days out of 3 weeks doesn't sound promising. He may get away with 'winging it' for the first week or two, but that won't last for long, and he'll still have a lot of basic catching up to do on his return. O la must be tearing her hair extensions out.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next