Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grumpy Git Thread (Ed Balls fans read at your peril)

+4
TANGOLERO
allsewnonbyhand
mauveangel09
CaledonianCraig
8 posters

Go down

Grumpy Git Thread  (Ed Balls fans read at your peril) Empty Grumpy Git Thread (Ed Balls fans read at your peril)

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:42 am

Sorry but the time has come Ed MUST go. I am getting fed up watching It Takes Two with them championing his cause, having pundits hoping he stays in and newspapers printing nonsense to make out their is a conspiracy against him within the show. This series is fast becoming The Ed Balls Show so hopefully common sense prevails and we get the BEST dancers progressing after this weekend's show and we can get back to the series being known as Strictly Come Dancing.

And just to add I do admire Ed. He gives it his all and has embraced the show. I have nothing against him personally as his attitude seems spot on but it is time he was judged purely on his dance talent and not on him.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Grumpy Git Thread  (Ed Balls fans read at your peril) Empty Re: Grumpy Git Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:40 pm

I've read the post CC  Laughing

There's nowhere really to hide in the Tango - so we'll see tonight.................

I'll actually be more grumpy if some of the others (who shall remain nameless at this point) get over praised and over marked again by the judges!!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Grumpy Git Thread  (Ed Balls fans read at your peril) Empty Re: Grumpy Git Thread (Ed Balls fans read at your peril)

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:11 pm

lol!
CC you do make me laugh. I think things will start to sort themselves out soon enough...as long as he keeps trying to learn the dances and doesn't rely on comedy I'm happy. I'm more interested in seeing what's going on above him to fight for the final- none of them are winning my votes yet, Wink
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Grumpy Git Thread  (Ed Balls fans read at your peril) Empty Re: Grumpy Git Thread (Ed Balls fans read at your peril)

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:18 pm

Well it was a post that I had to make as there is this wrong theory that there is a conspiracy against him. Hang on a mo as Daisy Lowe, Greg Rutherford, Anastacia, Laura Whitmore, Lesley Joseph and Tameka have left before Ed even though I'd say they were all better dancers than Ed.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:28 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Well it was a post that I had to make as there is this wrong theory that there is a conspiracy against him. Hang on a mo as Daisy Lowe, Greg Rutherford, Anastacia, Laura Whitmore, Lesley Joseph and Tameka have left before Ed even though I'd say they were all better dancers than Ed.

That's no conspiracy ....the judges are there to judge on dance and and rightly so they have always put him firmly at the bottom. It's the GBP that keep him in.
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:32 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:

That's no conspiracy ....the judges are there to judge on dance and and rightly so they have  always put him firmly at the bottom. It's the GBP that keep him in.

The conspiracy theory is ripe in the newspapers saying the judges/show's producers are working to get Ed booted off. I mean really? He has already stayed around about six weeks a too long so surely he'd have been gone before now if there was any foul play/collusion going on.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:41 pm

I don't read the papers CC but it just shows what tripe they talk...the show can't be conspiring against him because they have no control over the voting....if they did he would've been long gone weeks ago- he will never survive a DO. It will only be when the public stop voting for him in droves that he will go. Whatever happens DO-wise this week, either Ed or Judge will go, depending on whether they go head to head or against someone else.
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:24 pm

Think my wife has it right. She says the more people calling Ed down, the more votes he'll get from the L.B.A.J.F.T.S.O.I. (let's be awkward just for the sake of it) public. I reckon she's right. Won't save him now, but it's kept him in a fair while longer than anyone thought.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:54 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:Well it was a post that I had to make as there is this wrong theory that there is a conspiracy against him. Hang on a mo as Daisy Lowe, Greg Rutherford, Anastacia, Laura Whitmore, Lesley Joseph and Tameka have left before Ed even though I'd say they were all better dancers than Ed.

But it only changes their voting off position by one week. They would still all (except the last one) have been voted off by now. No big drama. Rules is rules and if, after all the tweaking with DO etc, they end up with Ed in the final then they have got what the deserve (and the majority of viewers clearly don't see SCD as a dance competition).
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Grumpy Git Thread  (Ed Balls fans read at your peril) Empty Re: Grumpy Git Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:16 am

Funnily enough Mr Mauve told me that someone brought a copy of a well known tabloid into his work yesterday which was claiming all the usual rot about the producers wanting Ed to withdraw and bow out gracefully!!! Why? Just because he has upset their apple cart I suppose - which I think is outrageous. As Mr T says - these things just add fuel to the fire of getting him the votes. You'd think CRH with the ridiculous '4' paddle would have realized that by now. If the show wants him out then they have to mark him a bit higher and not make any controversial comments to whip people up! One of the reasons I voted for Rinder last night was because I felt the judges (particularly D arcey) were over critical.

If Joe Public votes Ed in then it is the end of the matter really. I'm more concerned about the judges manipulation at the other end of the leaderboard and that 'wrong' DO decision last week still rankles and hasn't really been highlighted. It is getting to the point where one by one the judges favourites will be in the DO and it will be interesting to see which way they blow.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:22 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Funnily enough Mr Mauve told me that someone brought a copy of a well known tabloid into his work yesterday which was claiming all the usual rot about the producers wanting Ed to withdraw and bow out gracefully!!!  Why? Just because he has upset their apple cart I suppose - which I think is outrageous. As Mr T says - these things just add fuel to the fire of getting him the votes.  You'd think CRH with the ridiculous '4' paddle would have realized that by now. If the show wants him out then they have to mark him a bit higher and not make any controversial comments to whip people up!  One of the reasons I voted for Rinder last night was because I felt the judges (particularly D arcey) were over critical.

If Joe Public votes Ed in then it is the end of the matter really. I'm more concerned about the judges manipulation at the other end of the leaderboard and that 'wrong' DO decision last week still rankles and hasn't really been highlighted.   It is getting to the point where one by one the judges favourites will be in the DO and it will be interesting to see which way they blow.

Newspapers do post trash. However, if there is/was any ounce of truth in it I say producers should take a long hard look at themselves first. After all they invite these celebs onto the show and pre-series when you see the competing celebs you always get a good idea who are ringers, who will show potential, who will be shy, timmering beasties and who will play the part of court buffoon. So producers think twice next year when selecting your celebs eh?

I know I am somewhat alien to other Strictly fans in seeing this purely as a dance contest and not about popularity and fun factor but there you go.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Grumpy Git Thread  (Ed Balls fans read at your peril) Empty Re: The Grumpy old Git Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:45 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

Newspapers do post trash. However, if there is/was any ounce of truth in it I say producers should take a long hard look at themselves first. After all they invite these celebs onto the show and pre-series when you see the competing celebs you always get a good idea who are ringers, who will show potential, who will be shy, timmering beasties and who will play the part of court buffoon. So producers think twice next year when selecting your celebs eh

I totally agree CC - it's as if the producers have a 'pre ordained' view of how things should pan out but there is just that 'little' issue of the viewer vote to upset things Laughing However, I would say that in almost every year there are contestants who on paper sound promising at the beginning and who the production team clearly think 'should do well' but who do not actually deliver - I think it makes it interesting when people buck the stereotypes - including Ed, although I'm thinking specifically of people like Pam Stephenson.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:53 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:  

I know I am somewhat alien to other Strictly fans in seeing this purely as a dance contest and not about popularity and fun factor but there you go.

You're not alien, C.C. as many of us have agreed in tha past that we wanted more dance and less clowning. Unfortunately the nature of the show has become more pantomime prancing than Come Dancing and I think most of us have realised we have little choice but to accept it as it is. It's supposedly a dance contest at its core aim, but a viewer rating extravaganza in reality. The producers are more interested in getting more viewers than X Factor etc on Saturday night than re-living the golden age of dance. I'd bet a few of the know-all moguls think Ginger was Roy Roger's horse. Shocked Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:08 pm

The very fact there's a judge's leaderboard AND a viewer vote makes it clear Strictly was never designed to be purely about dancing. The BBC tried that and the ratings eventually flagged. And the 'clown acts' certainly aren't new - remember Christopher Parker and Julian Clary Series 1 & 2?

Tbh I think the show's gone a bit too the other way and the trained ones are dominating more and more in recent years and pushing out the likes of Anita, Tameka and Greg whom I'd like to have seen more of. I can't see another Ramps winning again. Strictly belongs to the stage school kids.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:41 pm

Yes Sid - that's my argument that it is becoming dominated by those who have had some previous experience, so getting more and more statistically impossible for someone to break through who is a good dancer and who is showing promise but doesn't quite get into the top echelons in terms of the judges who are being presented by almost professional routines that they mark accordingly. This worries me more than things like the Ed factor - as you say we have always had the comedy contestants - Chris Parker in the final for example.

I also think that things very much depend on the celebrity mix and the overall standard in any given year. This year, the standard was fiendishly high in the first few weeks (too high? proving your point?) and I can think of at least two of this year's crop of contestants who might have made it further in some other years, although that aspect is really a little bit in the luck (of unluck) of the draw I suppose.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:51 pm

Yes just to add I am no fan of 'ringers' either and Danny certainly fits that bill for me this series as does perhaps Louise. Again this can be blamed on those that choose the celebrities pre-series. It is insulting the intelligence of the viewers to have 'ringers' in there masquerading as dance novices.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:39 pm

Just found this thread! I have save for this week voted for Ed. I'm neither senile or rebelling but voting on my enjoyment and tiny improvements each week. I didn't connect with Daisy/Laura/Naga and I felt awful Tameka went too soon for me. I didn't enjoy Lesley one bit but that's my opinion and after all we all vote for different people we like...
I agree re Danny/Louise being this year's ringers. Unless bbc decides all couples be of same skill level we will continue to get ringers,no hopes the comedy acts the producers know will warrant the audience levels and schedule winning battle between bore xacter. ....

I'd like to see a senior scd 12 contestants same level etc to see the whole j.our ney. Or a junior scd of fledgling dancers.....
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:01 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Just found this thread! I have save for this week voted for Ed. I'm neither senile or rebelling but voting on my enjoyment and tiny improvements each week.  I didn't connect with Daisy/Laura/Naga and I felt awful Tameka went too soon for me. I didn't enjoy Lesley one bit but that's my opinion and after all we all vote for different people we like...
I agree re Danny/Louise being this year's ringers. Unless bbc decides all couples be of same skill level we will continue to get ringers,no hopes the comedy acts the producers know will warrant the audience levels and schedule winning battle between bore xacter. ....

I'd like to see a senior scd 12 contestants same level etc to see the whole j.our ney.  Or a junior scd of fledgling dancers.....

It is a shame (for me) that those that work on the show don't realize the faults they are making in choosing 'ringers', offering duff musical choices, chucking in naff challenges (Cha Cha) and as long as they just take the viewing figures as a given that everything is hunky-dory there will be no changes.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:03 pm

A massive round of applause from me for Ed. Well done sir, I'd rather watch you than Mr and Mrs Smug (aka Danny and Louise). A worthy contestant and, yes, a dignified and timely exit.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:07 pm

fiftynotout wrote:A massive round of applause from me for Ed.  Well done sir, I'd rather watch you than Mr and Mrs Smug (aka Danny and Louise). A worthy contestant and, yes, a dignified and timely exit.

Don't get me wrong, I had nothing against Ed as a person. Loved his enthusiasm and seemed to be much-respected by the rest of the celebs but at the end of the day I want the best dancers left in. Ed had more than a good run for his money so there can't be any complaints.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:17 pm

Praise must also be given to Katya who never gave up on him.

The amount of work she must have put in, to get even a half decent performance, must have been immense. I don't think he would have been in for more than a few weeks if he'd have had Janette or Karen working with him. It was his time to go, but one of the coloured lights just went out of my Strictly Kaleidoscope. I'm glad he took part this year.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:22 pm

Well said B4p Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:03 am

B4p wrote: I don't think he would have been in for more than a few weeks if he'd have had Janette or Karen working with him.

Was thinking the exact same thing the other day B4. Katya's been an absolute star - her choreography so fresh and colourful and imaginative. She made her mark. Reminds me a little of when K.ristina arrived on the show with John Sergeant (but even better).

For me, Ed and Katya were one of those rare, mood-lifting, magic-making, expectations-confounding, utterly endearing Strictly couples. And I'm glad they were in it for as long as they were. Ed was doing it for the Averages Joes out there and he did it with courage and style.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:07 am

Agree sid Basketball
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:09 am

Totally agree with you both B4p and Sid. .... Part of my strictly lovely feel has gone out a little with Ed and Katya going..... I have just seen a clip of Ed's rhumba on breakfast tv! Wish he and Katya would show us on ITT tonight......

Well done and huge Hello to scd's new bright star Katya
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down