Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other TV programmes you like or loathe

+17
hatlady28
TANGOLERO
Sadiesamba
TompsHB
Maya53
mauveangel09
kate
B4p
MissingLilia
Poppetlovestango
lualen
gingercodgers
Sid
vonee21
fiftynotout
allsewnonbyhand
Lucielle
21 posters

Page 1 of 28 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next

Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe Empty Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  Lucielle Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:14 am

I thought the drama Appropriate Adult was superb. I could almost believe Dominic West was Fred West (no relative incidentally) and the strange loss when he took his own life was almost tangible. The scary thing is that this is a true story. It showed what depths of evil people can descend into when they're obsessed with each other and the strength of influence one character can have over the other in a close relationship. Absolutely terrifying. pale
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  allsewnonbyhand Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:05 am

Lucielle wrote:I thought the drama Appropriate Adult was superb. I could almost believe Dominic West was Fred West (no relative incidentally) and the strange loss when he took his own life was almost tangible. The scary thing is that this is a true story. It showed what depths of evil people can descend into when they're obsessed with each other and the strength of influence one character can have over the other in a close relationship. Absolutely terrifying. pale

I'm going to watch this on catch up as people at work have been raving about it. Scary the hold some people have over others. As you say even more scary that it's true.
And at the other extreme hooray for tacky awful Waterloo Rd although the new series didn't seem as good yesterday...
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  fiftynotout Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:31 am

I've got Appropriate Adult on Sky+, must watch it soon.

At the other end of the spectrum, I've been an avid viewer of Holby City since day one but two weeks ago the story line was so weak that I even felt sorry for the actors having to read their lines. I asked the other half if it was as bad as I thought and he said it was so we turned it off half way through and deleted the series link!

Did anybody watch The Hour on BBC2? I loved it; Ben Wlshaw is just superb in everything I've seen him in.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:51 am

It was quite a while ago but I loved The Shadowline. Excellent, confusing. Rafe Spall was positively looney-evil and Christopher Ecclestone brilliant as usual. If you didn't see it, try and get at it - well worth it.

One of those 'who is the real bad guy, good guy' ones.
vonee21
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:40 am

I'm really enjoying The Great British Bake Off again.

Other than that, I watch Emmerdale and Eastenders but that's it really.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:51 am

Sid wrote:I'm really enjoying The Great British Bake Off again.

I like The Great British Bake Off but don't see the soaps until its dark in the evenings and I can't see to do anything in the garden.
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:54 am

gingercodgers wrote:
Sid wrote:I'm really enjoying The Great British Bake Off again.

I like The Great British Bake Off but don't see the soaps until its dark in the evenings and I can't see to do anything in the garden.

Who do you want to win Ginger?

I'm hoping Janet or Mary-Anne do. Holly is probably the most competent, but there's something a bit clinical about her. She doesn't excite me.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:18 pm

Can't say I'm rooting for any of them but I suppose out of who's left then Janet. The 2 I liked left last week(might not be the best bakers but the young one made me laugh with his cock ups). I was a tad disappointed that it's all women and no men left.
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  lualen Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:30 pm

One of my favourite programmes at the moment!

I think Janet could be the dark horse - she always seems so surprised when she does well!

The first week I thought Holly was going to win hands down but she annoys me more with each week. I think it started with the green quiche.....

I used to think I was pretty good at baking - but my efforts are very plain compared to some of the flavour combinations used!
lualen
lualen

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppetlovestango Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:31 pm

the green quiche.....

my goodness what was she thinking really wanted Rob (the young one ) to get
his act together, get his timings right and get to the final

I agree with you Sid Janet or Mary-Anne will win.

I'm looking forward to the return of Downton Abbey, would I have be above or below?
Scullery maid probably Laughing
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:59 pm

Holly has been obsessed with the colour GREEN since week one!

Janet is so lovely and her startled expression when she does something right always makes me laugh.

As for Mary-Anne, I like her inventiveness.

Rob (with the fringe) bugged me. I thought he should have gone ages ago!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  lualen Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:02 pm

Here in Scotland they are billing Sunday as 'Downton Abbey Day'. In their wisdom, STV decided some time ago that we should have more 'home grown drama' so did not purchase Downton Abbey and Doc Martin from ITV. As a result, last episode of Doc Martin was on STV on Sunday afternoon, new one on Monday night. Last episode of Downton is on next Sunday afternoon, followed by Countrywise (or similar) on the real Downton Abbey, then new episode in the evening. Can see it's going to be a busy day!!

And in case you are wondering what we got in place of Doc Martin and Downton Abbey ----- repeats of early James Bond films and no sign of extra Scottish drama. Of course not long after they made their momentous decision - they cancelled Taggart, one of the main Scottish programmes!!
lualen
lualen

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:13 pm

I shall be reserving a front row seat in the lounge for Downtown Abbey on Sunday! Very Happy

Another of my favourite programmes is Dragon's Den but I do miss James Caan. I came across this today for sale. The sumptuous home that the new Dragon, Hilary Devey, has put on the market. Anyone? Wink
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  MissingLilia Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:38 pm

Count me in for Downton too, although I'm trying to be really brave and not watch it yet, as I know (don't ask how...) that my OH has pre-ordered the Series 2 DVD from Amazon for my birthday in December.

If I can hold out, then I'll have a DowntonFest and settle myself in over a couple of dark, cold nights and watch series 1 DVD again, back to back with the series 2. Lush!

My other favourite ( dare I admit it?) is DOCTOR WHO! What I'd give to see Matt Smith on Strictly Embarassed And even 'Rory' - he'd be a cinch for the latin dances in his centurion outfit... affraid
MissingLilia
MissingLilia

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:36 am

MissingLilia wrote:My other favourite ( dare I admit it?) is DOCTOR WHO! What I'd give to see Matt Smith on Strictly Embarassed And even 'Rory' - he'd be a cinch for the latin dances in his centurion outfit... affraid

Nothing wrong with being a bit of a Whovian Smile, though I prefer David Tennant in the role of The Doctor. Now, I wouldn't mind seeing him on the dancefloor I love you
vonee21
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe Empty Who's Who of Who fans

Post  MissingLilia Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:21 pm

Or on the floor of any room I happen to be in at the same time,as he is! Embarassed

Yes, Vonee, must agree with you there, DT was the cat's whiskers as the Doctor! cat

I loved him, too, in his role in 'Blackpool' and was madly jealous of Sarah Parrish! Mad I was moved by his relationship with 'Rose' and cried when they were separated by the time wall and then met later on the beach ( Sad Sad soppy!)

Mind, I've liked all the Doctors since the re-launch - Christopher Ecclestone (one of my favourite actors I love you ); David Tennant cat and Will Smith Cool . All bring a different dynamic to the show and in fact I think Will had a very hard job to do to follow on from David T's fabulous performance - and to my view he's made a very creditable fist of it.

Hey,that could be a chance to bring a new dynamic to Strictly - a Doctor Who theme'd night - nowwww... who would play the cyberman role to perfection????
MissingLilia
MissingLilia

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:33 pm

MissingLilia wrote:
Hey,that could be a chance to bring a new dynamic to Strictly - a Doctor Who theme'd night -

What a good idea! Hope the Beeb are watching this site and take it up - make sure you ask for a credit if they do.

Yes, I love Chris Ecclestone too. I'd love to see him DT and John Simm on stage together - that would be, to use a phrase I supposedley shouldn't given age - awesome Like a Star @ heaven
vonee21
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:55 pm

Anyone watch Pride of Britain Awards show tonight? I did enjoy it. It's always very emotional - such bravery and amazingly good things done by ordinary people, which tonight featured quite a few courageous children.

Not sure about all the celebs who turn up though. I get the cringeing feeling they're there for publicity, although they do seem genuinely moved. Carol Vorderman always does an excellent job in her presentation of this show and she looked really stunning tonight. Just loved that dress.
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:58 pm

Have just watched "Who do you think you are" L en Goodman's story, recorded last night. His family history is all very interesting from Bethnal Green to Poland and back. He doesn't know whether his success has to do with inherited genes or his background living a life of poverty in the East End of London, but I reckon it has. I must say I like him a whole lot better for seeing this programme, it gives an insight into the way he is (eg his cockney sense of humour, his outlook on life etc). He kind of reiterated what he learnt about his family as he went along, which made it easy to watch and understand what he was feeling. A minor detail I know, but I did like the way he took his hat off automatically when meeting people and when approaching a memorial in Portsmouth. The iplayer link below for anyone wanting to see it.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007t575
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Lucielle wrote:A minor detail I know, but I did like the way he took his hat off automatically when meeting people and when approaching a memorial in Portsmouth. The iplayer link below for anyone wanting to see it.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007t575

I liked that too - good manners. Something that you don't see too often, sadly
vonee21
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:37 pm

Love Downton but have to record it to watch Spooks! Love the show and sad it is the final series! Will Harry get killed off this time for real? Will they leave it open ended?

Also love

Four in a bed!!! no not sleazy lol B&B owners voting for best B&B

Waking the Dead

Come Dine with Me

Falling Skies ooh love Dr Carter mmmmmmmm Noah

Inbetweeners

s lot more but also have to admit omg the shame i have watched the series re alligator hunting? weird south people not short of the missing folf from Neanderthal village! Hunting one month a year

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:12 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Love Downton but have to record it to watch Spooks!
Have just caught up with last week's episode of Downton. Sad It was really moving, Sad especially when Matthew (reported missing in the trenches Other TV programmes you like or loathe 310) turned up at the show at Downton, walking towards Mary Crawley singing "I would say such wonderful things to you..." both of whom are pretending not to be in love Sad I really enjoyed it. Cool
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:20 pm

David Mitchell (Would I lie to you) made me laugh so much last night, going into one of his rants against Lee Mack. Not everyone's cup of tea, I know, but I do like this programme, mainly for its spontaneity.

Unfortunately, poor Bill Oddie toned down the proceedings a bit. I don't think he's really recovered properly. A shame as he was such a good and funny presenter, years ago, before he became ill. I guess some celebrities just can't give up the fame when they really ought to - like an addiction, I guess. No
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:14 pm

I'm enjoying Hidden - with the delectable Philip Glenister. Will he turn out to be a baddie? Guess we'll have to wait & see...
vonee21
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:13 pm

saxonsiren wrote:
Inbetweeners

Agree with you there Sax, Inbetweeners is brilliant - I'd love to see Simon Bird, or any of them, on Strictly.

Also love the subtitled crime dramas on BBC4 - swedish Wallander, french Spiral and danish The Killling. The Killing in particular was superb - couldn't recommend it highly enough (but avoid the US remake at all costs)

Accidentally got hooked on 71 degrees north this year - Rav is doing so well, hard to think it's the same guy who danced with Aliona

Will confess to a weakness for Grimefighters, I find myself fascinated by sewers and the characters who work in them cyclops

LOATHE - any soap, and anything starring Gordon Ramsey or Jamie Oliver

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 28 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next