Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R I P Sir You can call me Sir from now on Forsyth

+2
B4p
CaledonianCraig
6 posters

Go down

R I P Sir You can call me Sir from now on Forsyth Empty R I P Sir You can call me Sir from now on Forsyth

Post  CaledonianCraig Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:05 pm

Really sad news that the great Sir You can call me Sir from now on Forsyth has passed away at the age of 89.

To me he was like one of the family. I grew up watching The Generation Game with the family huddled around the TV. Those times have long gone as have many of the family I used to watch The Gen Game with. However, he remained there always on the box, always entertaining, always excelling right though until Strictly.

You can call me Sir from now on had it all. He could sing, dance, present shows and make us laugh. He had such rapport with contestants. The greatest - no question about it.

R I P Sir You can call me Sir from now on
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

R I P Sir You can call me Sir from now on Forsyth Empty Re: R I P Sir You can call me Sir from now on Forsyth

Post  B4p Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:18 pm

pale What a shocker.
I'd heard he wasn't too well a few weeks ago but thought he'll bounce back as he has before. The end of an era. A special entertainer in every sense of the word. Gone to chill out with the Ratpack. RIP Sir Br uce
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

R I P Sir You can call me Sir from now on Forsyth Empty Re: R I P Sir You can call me Sir from now on Forsyth

Post  jingle Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:07 pm

A very nice tribute to Brucie on the One show, it does feel like the end of an era  Sad  
Always loved watching the original Generation Game when I was a child,  game shows these days don't seem to have the same family appeal.
Brucie maybe stayed a few years too long on Strictly, but in hindsight I much preferred his approach to Claud and T.ess...it was all a bit too slapstick for me last year.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:58 pm

Found this thread a bit late.

I was so sad when I heard of B rucie's passing - he was such a legend in every sense of the word and we will never see the like again.

I've always enjoyed seeing old clips of him dancing - he had such a long career. I remember 10 years ago I took my Mum to see the SCD tour at the O2 and they got us all in the audience to wave and clap as part of a recorded tribute for his then 80th birthday which was coming up.

I always thought that he was much better when unscripted and even in the latter years of SCD whenever I saw him on other shows he always seemed much more natural and 'on it' then he had started to come across on SCD - it did puzzle me a bit but it seems he had increasing problems with the auto cue on SCD which he freely admitted.

My two favourite 'Brucie' moments on SCD:

1. The time that he danced with the continuity girl who came out on the stage when something had gone wrong.
2. The time that he and A nton did a duo of song and dance - I think it involved 'me and my shadow'

I agree with Jingle that he probably stayed a bit too long on SCD and sadly some of it wasn't pretty towards the end but he was so brilliant and professional with the contestants at the judging table - unlike T ess and the way she interrupts and argues with the judges or ogles/patronises the contestants. B rucie was also a great supporter of the professional dancers - so massive respect from me cheers

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:41 pm

Paid my respects online elsewhere. Sad loss to showbusiness in general, because You can call me Sir from now on was a compere legend long before Strictly arrived. RI.P Sir B.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:32 pm

I also left comments elsewhere.B,rucie one of a kind and one of the last all rounders.. He always tried his best and never heard bad language at all.

"B,ruce, you're my favourite! "

Rip
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down