Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread

+8
Twirlie
mauveangel09
CaledonianCraig
jingle
allsewnonbyhand
saxonsiren
TANGOLERO
B4p
12 posters

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down

SCD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: SCD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread

Post  Twirlie Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:52 pm

Mostly a very enjoyable evening I thought despite a few wobbly bits.

Lauren and AJ – Jive
I enjoyed this very much more on second viewing. There was so much energy and she and AJ were pretty much in complete synchronisation. One lift was a little ugly, but that’s my only criticism. She made a quantum leap forward last week and this was an improvement on that I thought. 8

Graeme and Oti – Waltz
Very smooth. Was there a little wobble in the middle? I’m not sure, but it was so much better than last week. I’m with Shirley and B/runo. 8

Kate and Aljaz – Argentine Tango
I agreed with C.raig a bit. She’s such a big girl to be lifted around even by Aljaz and the effort involved held back some of the spirit of the dance. When they said in the Clauditorium that she’d pulled a muscle in her ribs the day before, then all became clear. She must have had loads and loads of strapping around her chest to keep her able to do the dance. The pain would have certainly distracted from her performance. I gave her a sympathy vote. I think it’s near Kate’s time though and as much as I like her, I think my votes will be going elsewhere in future. 6

Dr Ranj and Janette – Samba
Yes – not bad at all. Still not enamoured or inspired by him. 7

Stacey and Kevin – Couple’s Choice – Street/Commercial
Fred and Ginger up to date. More Commercial than Street possibly but just brilliant all the same. I loved it. It was the dance of the night for me. Very exciting. And they looked wonderful. Stacey’s hair, and costume with the white blouse and wide black trousers were pure Ginger Rogers. You can spot them in Roberta, The Barkleys of Broadway and Follow the Fleet for a start. It was top marks for me. 10.

Danny and Amy – Quickstep
I thought he’d fallen apart before the judges confirmed my ideas. All the solo and mirrored dancing bits were pretty good though I thought. However just because he covered up all his mistakes does not by any means merit a 7 from B.runo. Outrageously high scoring. 5

Ashley and Pasha – Foxtrot
It was as slick as I expected it to be, beautifully danced, and a great song to boot.  10.

Faye and Giovanni – Tango
The faffing in the cube at the beginning spoiled it for me as well, but once they got going – wow – soooo good. So exciting. No idea about the feet, Shirley. But sharp, exciting and almost professional looking. 9.

Charles and Karen – Viennese Waltz
As Mrs Twirlie said, “Meh!” Smooth yes but still insipid. B.runo over-marking outrageously. 7 at a push.

Joe and Diane – Paso Doble
I really enjoyed this. He was strong and believable. Diane has taught him so much about being a dancer I think. There were occasional moments when he was less than wonderful such as getting up from the knee slide but all in all I thought it a very strong performance. 8

I think Kate’s the one in most danger this week. Who else will be in the DO? Danny? Not sure.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

SCD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: SCD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:54 pm

Twirlie wrote:

Joe and Diane – Paso Doble
I really enjoyed this. He was strong and believable. Diane has taught him so much about being a dancer I think. There were occasional moments when he was less than wonderful such as getting up from the knee slide but all in all I thought it a very strong performance. 8

Ah, sorry to be an objector Twirlie, but I thought just the opposite.
Mea Culpa....Embarassed

Last edited by TANGOLERO on Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:01 pm

Yes, Tango, I can see I’m quite on my own in my view of bits of the show this week.  Oh well, vive le difference!    Very Happy

Last edited by Twirlie on Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:24 pm

Oh dear. Upsetting anyone was never my intent Twirlie. I don't hate anybody and any "insults" are done in fun and in the spirit of the thread as I'm sure Joe isn't going to lose any sleep about what I think. I've deleted the bulk of my post; perhaps you'd be kind enough to do the same in you own. I'll watch my p's and q's from now on.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:25 pm

Thank all that sparkles that we are back to normal again after the Halloween theme that lasted an absolute eternity (11 days!). I enjoyed this week so much more than last week’s offering, with couples mainly getting back on track again, without all the silliness and fuss that is made in the name of dead, creepy things. affraid

Well, who would have thunk it, but the dance I enjoyed the most this week was Ashley’s gorgeous Foxtrot. You may all laugh, but I knew it was going to be good the minute I saw Ashley’s hair which was all 1950s’ starlet. A good dance generally starts at the head and hair and works all the way down to your little heel leads. So, Ashley led with her hair, then came her dress – not keen on the colour, but classic, proper Foxtrot dress (I can’t talk about the abomination that was Pasha’s outfit – I pretended he wasn’t there for the whole dance; it was the only way I could cope). So there she was, dressed to thrill and she didn’t disappoint. I think C raig summed it up succinctly – which isn’t going stop me saying the same thing in many more words… It was a beautiful, classic, proper (note that word again – even C raig used it) Foxtrot from beginning to end. The choreography picked up the accents in the music beautifully without gimmickry or over-doing it. The story was a believable one (Karen, take note….) Unlike Ashley’s other dances, which may have been technically near-perfect but left me wanting, I enjoyed this performance thoroughly – it seemed to have a warmth her others (for me) were lacking. As C raig said (and as we have established, I am going to say all over again) it was a no-frills, full of basic Foxtrot content routine and was all the more stunning for it. queen Totally delicious and much more ten-worthy than the horrible Troll (please NEVER use the Trolls again for a theme week) Charleston last week - if you watch it without the awful soundtrack it only looks like a Charleston at intervals.

I enjoyed both the waltzes and, as with the judges, Graham edged it for me also. Probably down to Graeme’stails and Oti’s superior dress (Karen often gets the dresses which don’t quite look finished – very little detail and looking raggedy around the neck and arms. I thought Charles had the better song though, and if say, Aljaz or even Pasha had choreographed it, it would have been better, with a more believable story - Irish pub anyone? (At this juncture I ask myself why specifically Irish??? And why is she all dandied up in a posh (but unfinished) dress to go to the pub, Irish or any other nationality?) Charles actually could have looked ok, but the flat cap spoilt it.

Broken ribs – there was a lot of them about, wasn’t there? They made more fuss of Stacey’s but even after her seeing the doc, it appeared hers was a lesser injury than Kate’s muscle which she pulled away from her ribs (ow and triple ow). So, much was made of Stacey loss of two days, whilst not much was made of Kate’s having to push through a very new and very painful sounding injury. I am getting more and more agin Stacey by the week – can you tell?

So, as we are on the subject of Stacey, let’s deal with her dance. Basically, it was Fred and Ginge update one of their routines for 80 years later. I didn’t find it very ground-breaking, or very ‘street’ (how they love that word!). It was just what Fred would have choreographed with Ginge in today’s world – he was never one to stand still and always incorporated the new steps of the day. Well, no, he would have choreographed something much more humdinger than that polite, bland little offering from whoever did Kev’s choreography (even though Kev seemed to be taking the praise…). I loved Stacey’s hair and outfit, but couldn’t really understand why you would do a 21st century ‘street and commercial’ (my quotes, because it really wasn’t…) dressed as people from the past? It would be like ike doing Charleston in 1922 dressed in a crinoline. Just… wrong. So, top marks for how Stace looked (even if it was an anachronism), but the dance was a very meh, middle of the road routine. And Kev looked sinister and creepy in that hat…

So now let’s talk tango… We will draw a discreet veil over Kate’s AT, not only for her poor ribs hampering her performance, but due to Aljaz’s equally-as-abominable-as-Pash’s outfit, and poor Kate’s really not-very-nice-dress . Which means all attention is on Faye’s ballroom tango. I was hopeful of this, but her dress was almost as much of an eyesore as Aljaz and Pasha’s outfits so I really couldn’t look her. Genuinely – I just eyeballed Gio the whole dance, and fair dos – he gives good tango… And his outfit was rather good, so that’s alright. I agreed with C raig (twice in one week!) that the cube was wasted. There was something a bit too rigid and staccato about this routine and I wasn’t overjoyed by it, but there was a lot worse things tonight than that.

Lauren was a demon at her kicks and flicks and she had clearly put her all into a very energetic routine. But I don’t always see that energy. It’s hard to explain exactly what I mean, but though she’s good at running around, but it’s just her feet doing the moving – it doesn’t travel up through her body and really power the dance. She did better at this last week with the paso, but she had slipped back this week for me. Though her feet were twinkling away at Guinness Book of Records speed and she was running hither and thither to and from AJ and the skateboard thingy, her top half just lacks… oomph.

Dr S miley teeth couldn’t have done worse than last week’s monster jive embarrassment and he definitely did a lot better. But Janette still seemed to be whirling dervishly around him at a rate of knots whilst he did a passable Samba. I’m afraid it’s him to go next for me as, though Kate was really not very good, I feel there were extenuating circumstances and she deserves another go.

And what happened to Danny? I may not be a judge, and I may know less than nothing at all about the technicalities of the dances, but it was glaringly obvious that Danny had gone wrong and never really got going again, even though he was all smiles and making sure the show still went on. Felt very sorry for them both. Don’t feel he should go just on one bad dance.

Which brings us to Cotton Eye Joe and the Raspberry-haired one… Before anyone starts on his skinny legs in his skinny trousers, that didn’t bother me (Aston Merryweather and his skinny legs in the turquoise troll tights were so much more offending to the eye in my opinion) – you can put pipecleaners in any style of trousers and they are still going to look like pipecleaners in trousers. He seems to blame his lack of ability to exude power or to do proper shaping on his skinniness and lack of strength. But you can act with your body as well as your…well, whatever one normally uses to act. You give the illusion of strength and power. Stacey is tiny, but she looked flippin’ hard leading that tango last week. Even Lauren exuded a feeling of force and power in her paso. It really is all about the shaping, and though Joe did a good job at standing very rigidly and stretching out, he couldn’t really get the tucking of the hips under. He leaned back but jutted his hips forward. As usual overmarked. And the hugs from Aunty Shirl is now getting creepy – if a (straight) male judge of a similar vintage kept hugging a 27 year old female there would be outcries all round (and rightly so). So… yuk.

That was a very lonnnnggggg chapter in Strictly Does War and Peace, so I am going to shut up now! (I'm off to catch up with all your opinions and comments Smile )

diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:32 pm

Just had a very quick shufty and it seems we are all agreed on Kate's horrible blue dress (yes, tango and mauve, I agree with you entirely - wrong colour, wrong lenght wrong...everything; really unflattering - and loved Twirlie's description of Aljaz's mauve flock wallpaper - it was exactly that!) her keeping schtum about the ribs until after the performance, Ashleys' lovely Foxtrot and Joe's overmarked Paso...

It's nice when that happens!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:41 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:
Well, who would have thunk it, but the dance I enjoyed the most this week was Ashley’s gorgeous Foxtrot.  

Totally what ballroom dance is all about D&P. The most beautiful thing about it all was they were "dancing" to the music; totally in spirit with it, affected by its utter "joie de vivre". It took them along and they responded by grabbing its coat-tails and going along for the ride. Possibly one of the best ballroom offerings there's been for a fair old while. Sheer ballroom class.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:47 pm

Twirlie wrote:

Stacey and Kevin – Couple’s Choice – Street/Commercial
Fred and Ginger up to date. More Commercial than Street possibly but just brilliant all the same. I loved it. It was the dance of the night for me. Very exciting. And they looked wonderful. Stacey’s hair, and costume with the white blouse and wide black trousers were pure Ginger Rogers. You can spot them in Roberta, The Barkleys of Broadway and Follow the Fleet for a start. It was top marks for me. 10.

That's what I thought! (See above....). But I think I was less wowed than you. I thought it could have been so much more exciting (as you say, not Kev's choreography - a mystery person). But clearly you saw something that I didn't. But I love, loved, loved the Ginger-esque styling of Stacey. I thought she looked utterly fabulous - as you say, very a la Roberta (LOVE that film!) and the others. I just couldn't see it's place in modern street/commercial. But I shall now forget to worry about that and just concentrate on how amazing she looked!

And so I don't have to do loads of separate replies, I shall mention here that I had a look at the video of Christopher Parker's paso - it was like a very mediocre to bad week one performance, rather than final-worthy! All that zooming around wiht no dance steps whatsoever... Some things have changed for the better!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:51 pm

[quote="TANGOLERO"]

Totally what ballroom dance is all about D&P. The most beautiful thing about it all was they were "dancing" to the music; totally in spirit with it, affected by its utter "joie de vivre". It took them along and they responded by grabbing its coat-tails and going along for the ride. Possibly one of the best ballroom offerings there's been for a fair old while. Sheer ballroom class. [/quote]

Exactly. It's when music, styling and choreography all came together as they should. It shouldn't be so rare on a programme like Strictly, but somehow it is. I'm not even paricularly find of that song, but it was totally in the right era and fitted the Foxtrot perfectly.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:35 pm

And out goes.....:
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:50 pm

I agreed with the result, but the competition has reached a stage where there are no really bad, even mediocre, dancers and everybody is genuinely trying. I told my wife one of the men was going out (the only woman in any danger was Kate), and I think on merit, the right one stayed in. Going to be very nervy for a few from now on in......
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:24 pm

Sorry, I don't know how to do the spoiler things, so if anyone hasn't watched the results show please don't read further.

I do think it was the right decision based on the dance off, but I'm sad to see Ranj leave. Through their youtube vlogs I've seen a whole new side to Janette, and no doubt she'll be devastated with the result. I think Janette and Ranj were so well matched in terms of their personalities, and the friendship seems very genuine. Anyhow, sorry to see him go before he got the chance to do their couples choice. Like I said earlier today,  I did think one of the issues with his samba was the quite slow beat of the song, which didn't lend itself to a lively party dance. His salsa in week ? 2 was much more up tempo and energetic

Well, roll on next week....they'll all be lobbying for their seat to Blackpool.  I'm quite glad to hear that Ashley is doing contemporary as the couples choice - none of that booty popping she keeps talking about.

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:26 am

Well I've only just watched the main show and results. Some thoughts:

Lauren - She's improving and starting to show her personality. I thought it was a decent jive, but it didn't set me on fire. I agree with ? Diamonds that her connection doesn't seem to travel from her feet, up through to the rest of her body, which makes some of her upper body moves seem a bit placed to me. I think I would have given it a 7

Graham - Beautiful waltz. I thought Cr aigs 6 was a bit mean. I hope he can relax enough to smile a bit more. His concentration makes his face a bit mask-like. A 7 or 8 for me.

Katie S - First thoughts were why is Alijaz wearing a suit made flock curtain material? I wonder if a dark green dress might have matched Alijaz better? Felt sorry for her, she was obviously in pain, and close to tears at several points. A shame. 6 for me. Cr aig's 4 was a bit mean.

Dr Ranj - I thought the slower speed made his technique more noticeable. As Shirley said there was snippets of technique but a few places where he stopped, stood, then restarted again. A 6 for me.

Stacey - I'd be surprised if she wasn't a finalist. She's doing well, but this really wasn't my cup of tea. 8s at best.

Danny - I said out loud 'he's on the wrong foot.' What a shame, but he kept going, and didn't make excuses. Made me smile when he said, right let's do it again!

Ashley - Beautiful Foxtrot. Beautiful dress. Lovely choreography from Pasha. If she was Caroline Flack she'd have got 4 10s.

Faye - I didn't enjoy this Tango. Too frenetic, angry, far too fast. Not enough light and shade. Gio's facial expressions were still in Halloween. Get rid of the cube. I think Faye's dress was supposed to be punk inspired but again I wasn't keen. 8s or a couple of 9s for me.

Charles - I liked this. Not sure why he was wearing a flat cap with his silvery suit. I think he was under marked. Not done ballroom for 4 weeks. I'd have scored him an 8 maybe.

Joe - I quite liked his Paso. He was attempting to get a lot of the body shaping. Some parts were a bit stompy. I like Joe. It's not his fault if the judges fawn over him. I don't think he plays up to it. A bit overmarked for me. I think I'd have scored him an 8.

Somebody's wound T ess up again. Constantly interupting the judges and giving her 5 penn'orth. She was getting on my wick.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:28 am

Dance off - Both upped their game. I thought Dr Ranj did much better the second time round. A close call but I think Charles edged it. So glad Danny and Kate got through.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:01 am

Only just caught up with last night's show- well obviously for me I was pleased with the result! Felt a bit sorry for Charles, he obviously doesn't have the public support, but I'm glad that Kate and Danny got through. I think the remaining place on the Blackpool bus could depend on which dance they get this week. If Kate has a Ballroom for example she could be OK; conversely Graeme might struggle with a Latin. I think Lauren might have peaked. It doesn't seem to matter what Charles has.
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:49 am

allsewnonbyhand wrote:Only just caught up with last night's show- well obviously for me I was pleased with the result! Felt a bit sorry for Charles, he obviously doesn't have the public support, but I'm glad that Kate and Danny got through. I think the remaining place on the Blackpool bus could depend on which dance they get this week. If Kate has a Ballroom for example she could be OK; conversely Graeme might struggle with a Latin. I think Lauren might have peaked. It doesn't seem to matter what Charles has.

Those you mention are the three in peril. Evidently, Charles has the least public support of those three with Kate having the highest public support I would say. It seems that Charles only hope of surviving dance-offs are putting in a REAL eye-catching dance - more so than the others so that he picks up votes from impressed dance aficionados who use votes purely on dance quality. Like you say whatever dances they get will play a big part. Kate would want Ballroom, Charles would take a disco-type latin dance whereas Graeme would probably prefer ballroom. I suppose Lauren is not totally out of the dance-off equation either.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:29 am

Oooh Alijaz has just tweeted that he and Kate have quickstep- I think it's safe to book your place on the bus Kate.
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:20 am

allsewnonbyhand wrote:Oooh Alijaz has just tweeted that he and Kate have quickstep- I think it's safe to book your place on the bus Kate.

I like Kate and she's really making the effort, but that seems a bit re-arranged I must say. Good luck to her anyway, indeed, good luck to them all; they're all there on merit. Whoever goes out now is going to be mightily disappointed after getting this far. Strictly is a cruel taskmaster.

"Tis all a chequerboard of nights and days,
where destiny with men for pieces plays :
Hither and thither, moves, and mates, and slays,
and one by one, back in the closet lays.....!" ...Omar Khayyam.
..a very wise man indeed... Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:55 am

With Kate getting a Quickstep as she bids for a place at Blackpool the others in greatest peril are Graeme and Charles.

A quick check tells me that Graeme so far has danced Samba, American Smooth, Charleston, Jive, Tango, Cha Cha and Viennese Waltz. That means he could have a Salsa, Paso Doble, Quickstep, Foxtrot, Rumba or a Couples Choice dance.

Charles has so far danced Cha Cha, Quickstep, American Smooth, Salsa, Street Commercial, Jive and Viennese Waltz. This means he could land a Samba, Paso Doble, Charleston, Foxtrot, Rumba, Quickstep or Tango.

Lauren is the only other dancer I can remotely see exiting next week but less likely than the three obvious candidates. So far she has danced Viennese Waltz, Charleston, Cha Cha, Quickstep, Contemporary, Paso Doble and Jive. It means she could end up with a Tango, Rumba, Charleston, Foxtrot, Salsa or Samba.

If any of those three land a Rumba they will become red hot favourites for the axe. Graeme would be best suited to a Paso Doble or Quickstep. Charles would fair well with a Samba or maybe a Tango. Lauren may prefer a Tango or Charleston. All in my opinion of course.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:08 pm

Dr Ranj was my favourite to go out as well last night. I'm delighted that Kate got through. Being knocked out on an evening she was injured would have been rather sad. She's still in the firing line though and I think as soon as she's in the DO, she'll be out. How many more times can Charles be in the DO and survive? I can see him beating Kate and on a lucky day beating Graeme and Lauren. Who knows who's next for the chop.  

The one thing I really loved about last night's show was the Kingdom Choir singing Aretha Franklin songs. The dance routine was great and thoroughly enjoyable, but the sound those singers made was just fab-u-lous!
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:34 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:A quick check tells me that Graeme so far has danced Samba, American Smooth, Charleston, Jive, Tango, Cha Cha and Viennese Waltz. That means he could have a Salsa, Paso Doble, Quickstep, Foxtrot, Rumba or a Couples Choice dance.

Charles has so far danced Cha Cha, Quickstep, American Smooth, Salsa, Street Commercial, Jive and Viennese Waltz. This means he could land a Samba, Paso Doble, Charleston, Foxtrot, Rumba, Quickstep or Tango.

Lauren is the only other dancer I can remotely see exiting next week but less likely than the three obvious candidates. So far she has danced Viennese Waltz, Charleston, Cha Cha, Quickstep, Contemporary, Paso Doble and Jive. It means she could end up with a Tango, Rumba, Charleston, Foxtrot, Salsa or Samba.

May I copy these across to the Dances & Music thread please CC? I found it very useful last year when Sid did these sorts of round-ups
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:43 pm

B4p wrote:

May I copy these across to the Dances & Music thread please CC? I found it very useful last year when Sid did these sorts of round-ups

Feel free. Very Happy
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:16 pm

B4p wrote:

Somebody's wound T ess up again. Constantly interupting the judges and giving her 5 penn'orth. She was getting on my wick.

I know I am in an accute minority of actually liking Tess. I feel she doesn't interject any more or less than Sir Brucie did, and he wound me up a lot more wiht his inane patter. She has been with the series since day one and I reckon she knows a lot more about ballroom and latin than I do, and I think it fair enough for her to be taking the side of the contestants or having an opinion if she thinks the judges are being harsh - again, Sir Brucie certainly did. And I like the fact that she has something to say - I would hate to think she is paid merely to read the autocue; that would really be playing to the empty-headed blonde stereotype. C laudia injects far more of herself upstairs and yet nobody complains. I don't have a particular problem with people being agin Tess - I am again a fair few people on Strictly myself, with no real rational or logic - but I just thought I would stick up for her as I seem to be the only person she has on here who is afor her! Go Tess!!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:52 pm

That's ok diamonds. She needs a friend. I just wish she'd stop interupting the judges. If she says something on the 'welcome and exit' that's fine.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

SCD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 12 Empty RE: SD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit of Honesty' thread

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:48 pm

I don't mind T ess either - and I know that her remit is to be supportive to the couples as they get 'mauled' by the judges - but some of her comments are patronising. B rucie was at his best when up at the judges table I think, and to me T ess doesn't have the class that B rucie had on the rare occasions that he cut the judges down to size - his 'well you're my favourites' comment was classic.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next