Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It Takes Two 2018

+6
TANGOLERO
jingle
mauveangel09
Poppetlovestango
saxonsiren
B4p
10 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

It Takes Two 2018 Empty It Takes Two 2018

Post  B4p Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:56 pm

cheers Looking forward to watching Zoe & Ian again soon cheers
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

It Takes Two 2018 Empty Re: It Takes Two 2018

Post  saxonsiren Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:01 pm

Hurrah!but really hope Neil has a presenting role after the kick in the teeth he had
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

It Takes Two 2018 Empty It Takes Two 2018

Post  Poppetlovestango Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:22 pm

Waiting for ITT at 6.30 this evening with Zoe (Ian Wednesday and Gethin Friday).

I believe Erin is on either tonight and/or tomorrow doing choreography corner cheers
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:40 pm

Great first show Very Happy Noticed that they revealed the dance and the music for the next show. I wonder if that is just because it is the first week or whether they will do this every week!

S id - hope you are out there????? Haven't heard from you yet???
You've been turned into an app on 'It Takes Two' Laughing Laughing Laughing

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:47 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:
S id -  hope you are out there?????    Haven't heard from you yet???
You've been turned into an app on  'It Takes Two' Laughing Laughing Laughing
sid said he won't be around much this season. Life's got a bit busy for him. He's still chatting away on Twitter
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:51 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Great first show Very Happy  Noticed that they revealed the dance and the music for the next show.  I wonder if that is just because it is the first week or whether they will do this every week!
That's interesting mauve. There's no mention on the main Beeb site yet about this weeks tunes. I think it was Monday last week when the details were released. I missed ITT tonight. hope to catch up with it.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

It Takes Two 2018 Empty RE: It Takes Two 2018

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:00 pm

Great Choreography Corner to start the show this week with the incomparable E rin Boag. No gushing just real dance commentary and constructive criticism - hope she comes back again soon Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:01 pm

Ian's Wednesday Warm-up should be good. I saw him in Kettering a few months ago. He, Oti and Oti's husband Marius put a dance show on. They were great. Ian was giving away backstage secrets and gossip. It'll be interesting to see if Vick gets a word in edgeways tomorrow.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:03 pm

Great to have ITT back again, all good apart from that daft SID app thing (but hello to our own Sid, I really hope you're able to pop in when you get time).

I find I'm always very influenced by the interviews on ITT, I want to feel like I 'know' who I'm voting for. Charles is a bit of an enigma so far - on the launch show I thought he came across as rather arrogant and over-confident, whereas on ITT last night he seemed very down to earth and modest. So he's moved from my agin to my afor list (speaking of which.....has anyone seen Diamonds recently?)

Looking forward to Waite's warm up this evening, I'm so glad they seem to have retained the ITT format. Hoping that it includes a Friday panel too...

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:35 pm

It really must be me getting to retiring from it all age. I haven't watched I.T.T (the grown-ups Blue Peter) for a fair while and in truth, I haven't missed it that much. It just all seems to be about the pros trying to out-do each other with choreography moving further and further from basics and with music to remove a hernia by. What exactly is wrong with a well danced traditional Foxtrot, Waltz, Tango or quickstep (without the need to break the land speed record for a forty metre dash)? Okay, I've given up on Latin; rumba is a waste of time except for solicitors in divorce courts, Salsa and Samba have become please yourself to music dances and Paso Doble is no more Spanish bullfight in essence than Macarena and Gangnam body popping (had to ask the wife to remind me what that was called) . As for the "Shirley" spot....choreographed by Jamie Oliver and Margarita Pracatan....dear, dear....

Think I'll stick to the show. Oh for The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman, A nton and Erin, Ian and Camilla and Brendan, Aliona and Natalie back in it all, even the Jordans were entertaining ....sigh......come on Tango, it isn't All Our Yesterdays, get a grip man... lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:02 am

jingle wrote: So he's moved from my agin to my afor list  (speaking of which.....has anyone seen Diamonds recently?)

cheers Here I am Jingle!! I have been posting on A Little Bit of Honesty,Highs and Lows. We have been having next to no wifi connection so I just have to grab moments at other people's houses or in cafes/bars.

Charles was in my Afor list from the get go, but I have a sneaky feeling that he is going to have an opposite effect on me than he has on you,and that he may end up in my Agin camp.. He is partnered by the increasingly unbearable Karen Clifton after all...

I have a lot to catch up on - only read your post Jingle! So I shan't say much on here for now except to say that I chortled that SID is named after our Sid!

And to say - how entirely fantabulous is Natalie Lowe? I was very agin her when she first arrived but was won over in her second series and have been firmly afor ever since. SHe is a true pro- her choreography corner was superlative. Full of the tips that the Judges could have made (but with demos!). She is one of the best teachers too - knows how to pitch depending on her pupil - tough or kind or persuasive, whatever works best for them. Love her.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:23 pm

Great to see you back Diamonds Very Happy

I'm conflicted about Charles....I like him, but there's something about Karen which grates with me. Ditto, I'm liking Stacey but never been keen on Kevin. And I wish the lovely Pasha wasn't partnered with such an obvious ringer.

I'm still quite 'meh' about Amy, Dianne and Nadiya, and even the wonderful Oti failed to impress with bizarre choreography for Graeme last week. So yes, definitely missing Natalie Lowe as one of the best teachers. Among other female pros I also miss Aliona, Flavia, Erin, Iveta, and Kristina. I wish they'd given Chloe a chance as a pro this year (and Neil too).
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:28 pm

'Queen' Nathalie will always be right up there in the world of choreography, of making an average partner look good by working to their strengths and by being a great teacher - a lot of the 'old' pros became very good teachers over the years - some of the newer ones have a way to go with this IMO and some of the more established ones have never really mastered it fully and rely on either getting a ringer or falling back on their 'old faithful' routines jazzed up a bit each year (sorry if that sounds cynical!!) Out of the newbies, Amy interests me the most on the teaching/choreography front but I do think Nat was right in pointing out that she is throwing the kitchen sink into everything content wise to try to show Danny off but maybe reining it in a bit and letting him 'enjoy' the performance would be the way to go now.

Having read your posts above Jingle and D+P - I too am conflicted about Charles. I really took 'agin' him at the launch show and during the pre-season stuff because he came across as quite arrogant. However, I enjoyed the cha cha on the first week and I enjoyed the QS even more as it seemed quite traditional and put me in mind slightly of the Colin Jackson QS from long ago - also he isn't proving to be the pain I thought he would be (yet)...…...but...…… and it is a big but - I can't bring myself to really like anything that Mrs Clifton does - so is this the year I change my opinion about her, both personally and professionally?????? One thing I did notice (although it was much more subtle this week) Shirley never misses an opportunity to put the boot in when talking to Mrs C in the critiques.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:28 pm

B4p wrote:
sid said he won't be around much this season. Life's got a bit busy for him. He's still chatting away on Twitter

Wish he was chatting away on here rather than Twitter! I tried Twitter but it didn't do it for me... but I'm missing Sid greatly, so maybe I might have to re-consider! (As you can tell, I have a real problem with the 148 characters rule... Also, Claud s didn't seem to want to interact with me. Or Miranda, or Marian, or any of the amazing women I followed. I really can't understand why - I was imagining cosy banter and witty repostes going to and fro... Wink )
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:32 am

I’m a long term admirer of Alijaz, by far my favourite pro, and he never disappoints on ITT. How lovely last night to see him so excited about becoming an uncle. And I can’t believe he or Jeanette would ever find themselves in such a compromising position as Seann and Katya.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:38 am

fiftynotout wrote:I’m a long term admirer of Alijaz, by far my favourite pro, and he never disappoints on ITT.  How lovely last night to see him so excited about becoming an uncle.  And I can’t believe he or Jeanette would ever find themselves in such a compromising position as Seann and Katya.

I agree re Alijaz, he is lovely.As to the last bit I'd like to believe you're right. I hope so.
I'm going to see them in their Remembering the Movies show next year, eek just a bit excited.
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:53 pm

I agree - Alijaz always seems professional and a good teacher and choreographer. It's funny that even though I don't rate Janette on SCD as a teacher/choreographer - never have and never will - as a dancer I think she is superb and I have enjoyed the few times that I have seen her dance outside of SCD and dance with Alijaz.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:02 pm

Apparently Katya and Seann are on ITT tonight... I'm envisioning a rather large elephant in the room
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:26 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:Apparently Katya and Seann are on ITT tonight... I'm envisioning a rather large elephant in the room

Well the elephant was ridden in, trumpeting loudly...

It was awful. Way too much was said. A brief apology (again...) and then a swift 'moving on to this week's dance' and the rest of the slot concentrating on the tune and the training for that would have been appropriate.. Instead we got two naughty schoolchildren making an apology in front of everyone at assembly, drawing it out (and Seann in my opinion went on the offensive unnecessarily - his friends do indeed know the truth so they don't need reminding;anyone else simply doesn't matter - I felt by going on and on he lost graciousness which would have put him on higher ground) and hanging their heads in shame in a somewhat overdone manner, with just enought time at the end for a sentence from Katya that they are doing the Charelston and getting on with training. In effect they gave the story even more legs rather than drawing a line neatly under it and putting it to bed.

Very uncomfortable and unnecessary.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:30 pm

Agree diamonds.
It was cringeworthy, and reminded me of 2 young reprobates hoiked up in front of the headmistress. Too long. Too awkward. Too easy to keep the media circus on the front pages for longer. Last year, Joe McGadden mentioned how the press never stopped chasing for their pictures and stories, and the need to be constantly alert. Zoe should have moved swiftly onto the upcoming dance and training clips. I don't remember any of the other Pros having a public flogging over their Strictly indiscretions.

I'm not sure who voted Dan from The Sun, Strictly's moral guardian. Rather ironic. Does he even like the show? It seems he makes it his mission to target someone from the show every year; Alexandra and Karen last night, Kristina the year before, Aliona the year before that. Interestingly he doesn't seem to point his sticky fingers at the behaviour of some of the male Pros.

Twitter is still in attack mode. It'll be interesting how the judges score them on Saturday. They still might be saved in a dance-off depending on who else is in the drop-zone. No doubt the warm-up guy will keep any hecklers quiet.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:58 pm

Well, that was an unexpectedly flat Friday panel. I don't know who the George bloke is, but his apathy felt like it was draining the energy out of the entire panel.  Also, I confess I stopped liking (and reading) Marian Keyes after she wrote nasty tweets about AJ a few years back (like why? I just don't understand that side of social media at all).  My favourite Friday panel guest at the moment is the fabulous Tom Allen...I'm loving him on Bake off extra slice. I also think T.ess' s husband is great on the Friday panel (his name escapes me at the moment)

Anyway, looking at the Friday footage I fear both Kate and Katie might struggle this weekend. Time will tell......
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:25 pm

I agree that T ess's husband is great on ITT. He's always knowledgeable and 'withit'. I also like when musicians are guests as even though they may not know a lot about the nuts and bolts of the dance, they can still comment on rhythm and musicality. George is Larry Lamb (actor)'s son. He used to do programmes about building construction projects but I don't know if he still does.

Looking forward to Possssha's Tango. It's nice to see him so enthusiastic each week. Graeme is doing great so far. He's coming across as a grafter, (as I'm sure they all are) but also being positive, and having fun.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:56 pm

jingle wrote:  My favourite Friday panel guest at the moment is the fabulous Tom Allen...I'm loving him on Bake off extra slice. I also think T.ess' s husband is great on the Friday panel (his name escapes me at the moment)

Oh yes, Tom Allen is, as you say, total fabulousness. I also love Rufus Hound. And Miranda. And yes, Vernon Kay (for that is the name of Mr T ess) is also very good value. I also stand by Marian, but am saddened that she uses soshul meeja for such purposes as being more than merely 'Agin' someone.

I've missed Extra Slice this year (it's as much as I can do to keep up with the main programme - a battle I am losing. I wish 4OD did Download like the Beeb...) but I have heard that Tom Allen is very good on it.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:04 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:
I've missed Extra Slice this year (it's as much as I can do to keep up with the main programme - a battle I am losing. I wish 4OD did Download like the Beeb...) but I have heard that Tom Allen is very good on it.

He's brilliant Diamonds, to be honest he steals the show every week. If I was Jo Brand I'd probably be a bit miffed by now!
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:56 pm

Choreography corner is turning into a weekly treat  Very Happy   Erin, Joanne, Natalie, and now the lovely Vincent, with his 'standing ovulations' (there's not many people who can use the same joke for about a decade, but he can)
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next