Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2021 Judges

+4
mauveangel09
CaledonianCraig
saxonsiren
B4p
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2021 Judges Empty 2021 Judges

Post  B4p Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:06 pm

Not confirmed as yet, but An ton is on the list of professional dancers
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2021 Judges Empty Re: 2021 Judges

Post  saxonsiren Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:10 pm

I thought Id heard on BBC Breakfast Show they had confirmed using same Pro Dancers as last year? Really hoping Neil gets a partner. Also querying if another same sex couple.
They didn't mention the Judges please please spare me from B.runo affraid
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:12 pm

Hi sax. I haven't heard anything but I think Br uno spends most of his year abroad now, so I wonder whether it's worth his while coming back just for the show?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:21 pm

Just hoping we do not just get a Zoom B.runo on the Judges table each week.
A.nton I wondered if he would join the Judges table however we have lots of great ex Pro Dancers to choose from

Flavia
V.incent
Pasha
E.rin
Lillia
Camilla
Karen H
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:17 pm

Ian Waite would be excellent.
When he leaves, I'll probably be close behind. He's brilliant, gossipy and knowledgeable.

I would love to see Matthew Cutler return or Trent Whiddon, I thought he came up with some great dances for Pixie Lott.

I think Lillia Kopylova or her husband Darren Bennett would be good. They have no allegiance to the current set of pro dancers so could be seen to be more neutral.
Erin is also very technical and not afraid to tell it how it is. I guess they would need another male (if Br uno stays state side) to balance the panel up a bit more.

I was hoping that Motsi (as an ex professional) would be more technical on the panel.
I get a bit bored by judges who constantly mention 'feelings' particularly when it's their own. Talking about expressing feelings through the medium of dance is different.

I still think the scores should be divided into technical ability and expression or something similar like they do in ice skating. Some contestants are much stronger in one area than the other.
B4p
B4p

saxonsiren likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:34 pm

I would love to see Two sets of marks, one for technique and another for presentation and style. Id also like to see a 0.5 to see of it would help shake up the score table a little.
Ian I do enjoy watching on ITT. I recall Lillia & Darren presenting SCD in a different country? Loved both of them and yes I guess 2 males 2 females be a balance thou nowadays quite a few all female or just 1 male on judging panels/teams.
Motsi not gelled with and tbh id like to see replaced..It often seems as if its a mini pantomine amongst the Judges at tumes. L.en might have been a little irritable however he didn't faff about with verbal hysterics or limbs a flailing all over the place whilst giving his critique
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:03 pm

Well An ton has got his Christmas wish. Congratulations to him and I hope he enjoys the forthcoming season.

I shall miss Br uno.
Despite his often crazy outbursts, I thought he actually did come out with some accurate observations from time to time. I guess the LA lifestyle and climate suit him better, and frequent international travel isn't practical at the moment.
B4p
B4p

saxonsiren likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:51 am

Morning B4p , Im quite pleased A.nton has been given a chance to have a whole series to be a Judge & I hope more.
I used to like B.runo and his flailing arms, his lil spats with the fabu-u-lus darling one, his ineuendo"s and the fall off chair. He did in the earlt days give execellent critique too. I found the last 4 seeies I had a few B.runo buttons on my R.C called mute & FF. I as a viewer did not find his over acting, his now nasty inuendos and a few personal comments dressed up as sarcasam to the Salebs & pro dancers. B.runo had become bigger than the Judging panel for me and it affected my enjoyment of the show.
B.runo and L.en found high wages and more media status in US. They yes as anyone would seek the best terms for their career and lifestyle. You thou cannot have your loonytoad quack & eat it with US physically being there , have fully paid " Zoom" appearences for SCD paid .
A.nton will be breath of fresh air and positivity for the celebs. Comments back up by years of competition experiences, years of training and the sheer love of all things SCD. He is for me Mr SCD 😁I love you
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

2021 Judges Empty Week 1

Post  B4p Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:12 pm

Did someone give Cr aig a jelly baby halfway through? He started off as the Pantomime baddie and ended up with a perpetual smile on his face loving everything.
First one out is Tom, who Shirley said had great syncopated Cuban breaks, and beautiful checks on the forward Ch-Cha walks, yet Cr aig gives him 4.
Robert, who was high in entertainment value for all the judges, scored 4 with Motsi and Shirley yet a 6 with Cr aig who thought Robert's routine was hilarious.
Judi who also didn't get much mention of her technique, scored 6 from all the judges seemingly based on personality like Robert.

Generally speaking, I thought there was a range of constructive comments from all 4 judges tonight which was refreshing. I liked that An ton actually spelled out a few pointers in the ballroom dances instead of taking the easy option of everything being 'simply marvellous'

B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:41 am

B4p wrote:Did someone give Cr aig a jelly baby halfway through? He started off as the Pantomime baddie and ended up with a perpetual smile on his face loving everything.
First one out is Tom, who Shirley said had great syncopated Cuban breaks, and beautiful checks on the forward Ch-Cha walks, yet Cr aig gives him 4.
Robert, who was high in entertainment value for all the judges, scored 4 with Motsi and Shirley yet a 6 with Cr aig who thought Robert's routine was hilarious.
Judi who also didn't get much mention of her technique, scored 6 from all the judges seemingly based on personality like Robert.

Generally speaking, I thought there was a range of constructive comments from all 4 judges tonight which was refreshing. I liked that An ton actually spelled out a few pointers in the ballroom dances instead of taking the easy option of everything being 'simply marvellous'

Most annoying for me was C.raig's remark after Robert's dance saying he 'didn't care about the errors' yet criticizes almost everyone else. Surely, we can do without that open bias.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

2021 Judges Empty Re: Judges 2021

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:53 am

Agree about CRH - he seemed to completely change half way through and loved everything suddenly Rolling Eyes

I was pleased with A nton. Although I really like him and I'm happy he is on the panel, I did think that as you said B4P he might just say that everything was 'marvellous'. He was kind but gave some constructive pointers - hope he carries on like this.

Some of the scoring was a bit all over the place with scores not matching comments - but actually I felt Shirley was right in some of her lower marks and comments last night (I don't always say that!). Motsi didn't say much, as per usual, but at least she wasn't so OTT as she can be sometimes.

I have to say my heart sank when they all started swooning over Adam Peaty - this is the bit about the programme I don't like and they do it with someone every year. They wouldn't get away with slathering over a female contestant like that.

mauveangel09

CaledonianCraig likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:22 pm

Not sure the G.B.P will share the adulation for Adam Peaty, Mauve.. Cheering his Olympic feats won't cut much ice with the soap fans or juvenile votes I might think. I could be very wrong (it's Strictly) but only time will tell. Already I'm well sick of the "family" videos from- Grandma to the family tortoise-being promoted as a means of increasing and influencing viewers. Sleep What's dance really got to do with it anymore. I'm glad A nton did okay, as it wouldn't worry me if they get rid of the others and started again with a new judges panel, Ian Waite, Camilla and Erin Boag would be nice.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

mauveangel09 likes this post

Back to top Go down

2021 Judges Empty Week 2

Post  B4p Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:52 pm

A strange mix of scores from the judges tonight.
It seemed like a desperate attempt to manipulate the scoreboard to preserve certain couples - shock-horror (like that's never happened before!).

An ton was a bit of a wag, but also made some constructive criticisms.
Motsi was almost back into her 'feelings' mode
Cr aig returned to his 'marmite' marking
Shirley had rejoined the human race but also made some constructive comments.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:52 am

A nton can't help being A nton. He's just a very nice bloke who remembers they are all comparitive beginners. Very Happy
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

2021 Judges Empty Re: Judges 2021

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:15 am

Yes definitely agree that there seemed to be some 'strategic' marking going on last night with some being thrown to the wolves. Gives us an indication of how it might go in the Dance Off.

I'm liking A nton overall - he gives some very constructive comments. A lot of the time I noticed that he is broadly in sync with CRH but just says it all in a much kinder way. I do think he will possibly struggle with his emotions a bit though as the weeks go on and it gets tougher. As always I found CRH to give the best and honest comments, picking up obvious things that the others don't pick up or choose not to pick up on although I thought the '3' for Greg was harsh when he didn't dance any worse than some of the others. Motsi said nothing really of interest as always. Shirley was Shirley - didn't like her 'mutton dressed as lamb' outfit last night. It could still have been an elegant and stylish dress without exposing most of her wares!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:23 am

mauveangel09 wrote:.  Shirley was Shirley -  didn't like her 'mutton dressed as lamb' outfit last night.  It could still have been an elegant and stylish dress without exposing most of her wares!

D&P made he same point and, with all due respect , yes,she isn't nineteen.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:55 pm

Hi again one and all.

I think A.nton is the closest we've come so far to a proper replacement for the great L.en Good.man
Twirlie
Twirlie

CaledonianCraig likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:57 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Not sure the G.B.P will share the adulation for Adam Peaty,

To the contrary, he is quite the favourite. A bookie favourite and also a favourite on the soshul meeds. He was everywhere over the summer whilst the Olympics was on - you didn't need to watch the Olympics to know who he was (i mainly didn't - except for some very weird cycling thingies indoors and the Skateboarding which was hilariously entertaining for the commentary. Oh and the Naughty Horses event, which remains my eternal favourite and I want to happen every week, except that it isn't really very kind to the horses which is why they are naughty). Ahem, anyway, Adam and his pecs are exceptionally popular outside of Strictly, and within strictly Katya is also (inexplicably in my view) popular. Between them, they are a force to be reckoned with poularity-wise.

diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:28 am

Mixed feelings reading a report just now. It is almost certain B.runo will be back for the next series (COVID providing). I do not have a problem with that at all but An.ton would be the one to make way and likely return to the dancing side of things. I'd enjoy seeing him back on the dance floor but why is Motsi not axed. I cannot see what she brings to the judging panel. She is more like a member of a US Football Team's troupeof cheerleaders.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:10 am

CaledonianCraig wrote: why is Motsi not axed. I cannot see what she brings to the judging panel. She is more like a member of a US Football Team's troupeof cheerleaders.

Could her being Oti's sister have anything to do with that?
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:17 am

TANGOLERO wrote:

Could her being Oti's sister have anything to do with that?

Yes of course. However, many rumours going around prior to this series getting underway and hints dropped by Oti that she is looking to move onto other projects and her time on Strictly may not be far off coming to an end. If that is the case and this is Oti's last series then please ditch Motsi. We need judges not cheerleaders.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:36 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Mixed feelings reading a report just now. It is almost certain B.runo will be back for the next series (COVID providing). I do not have a problem with that at all but An.ton would be the one to make way and likely return to the dancing side of things. I'd enjoy seeing him back on the dance floor but why is Motsi not axed. I cannot see what she brings to the judging panel. She is more like a member of a US Football Team's troupe of cheerleaders.

I'd be appalled if B.runo comes back to replace A/nton. A/nton's been such a brilliant addition to the panel, made it so much more even and practical, less like a continual 3 ring circus. A/nton brings back to the judging panel what was missing when L.en left. I hope the BBC producers aren't so stupid as to not see what A'nton brings to the show rather than B'runo standing up and waving his arms about at every contestant. It's become boring. Keep A'nton I say.
Twirlie
Twirlie

TANGOLERO and mauveangel09 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:30 pm

Twirlie wrote:

I'd be appalled if B.runo comes back to replace A/nton. A/nton's been such a brilliant addition to the panel, made it so much more even and practical, less like a continual 3 ring circus. A/nton brings back to the judging panel what was missing when L.en left. I hope the BBC producers aren't so stupid as to not see what A'nton brings to the show rather than B'runo standing up and waving his arms about at every contestant. It's become boring. Keep A'nton I say.

I don't have an issue with B.runo replacing cheerleader Motsi. That seems like the glaringly obvious choice. Heck whener we see a wide angle when a dance is going on she is up gyrating around. The only thing missing is a pole.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:02 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
I don't have an issue with B.runo replacing cheerleader Motsi. That seems like the glaringly obvious choice. Heck whener we see a wide angle when a dance is going on she is up gyrating around. The only thing missing is a pole.

Only thing with that C.C, it would mean three male judges and Shirley. That's happened before, but I think times and views have changed since then. Leave Silver tongued Italian Stallion over the pond and replace Motsi with Karen Hardy. Housewives choice has to stay...
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:21 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

Only thing with that C.C, it would mean three male judges and Shirley. That's happened before, but I think times and views have changed since then. Leave Silver tongued Italian Stallion over the pond and replace Motsi with Karen Hardy. Housewives choice has to stay...

Yes I don't want An.ton forced out - he has shown his worth. Motsi I'd replace and yes get in an ex-pro female dancer to the role. An'ton is proof that there is merit in going down that route.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum