Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2021 Judges

+4
mauveangel09
CaledonianCraig
saxonsiren
B4p
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2021 Judges - Page 2 Empty Re Judges 2021

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:23 am

I echo all your comments. I don't think there's much chance of A nton returning to the dance side if he was pushed out as a judge - I kind of think his time is over there. I don't dislike B runo at all but would not be happy for A nton to be pushed out now in favour of him. I think a big point in favour for A nton is his pure ballroom dance background which is very much needed on the panel I think and we are seeing how beneficial it is already. The others are either latin or stage based. I feel sure he will have done a better deal with the beeb than just getting a year but perhaps like any performer they would want to see how he did - let's face it he could have been a disaster as a judge - but clearly he is not and is proving popular with GBP.

The issue as you rightly point out is the male/female split - particularly given that we are in BBC land, but the answer is obviously to replace Motsi with another female and keep A nton if they really don't think they can have 3 male judges again (Dancing on Ice manage it!). I was surprised that Motsi has stayed so long given that she lives abroad and I get the feeling she is 'fading' out. I hope so anyway.................

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

2021 Judges - Page 2 Empty Re: 2021 Judges

Post  B4p Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:36 pm

I agree mauve.

I don't dislike Motsi, but I'm not sure what she adds to the mix. Yes she's an ex pro. Yes she's been a judge in the German Strictly show, but I don't get much technical critique from her. I had enough of hearing about feelings from Darcy, I don't need it again via Motsi. Cr aig covers that angle from the entertainment and choreographically feel of the dance, and how the contestants have interpreted that.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:19 pm

Twirlie wrote:

I'd be appalled if B.runo comes back to replace A/nton. A/nton's been such a brilliant addition to the panel, made it so much more even and practical, less like a continual 3 ring circus. A/nton brings back to the judging panel what was missing when L.en left. I hope the BBC producers aren't so stupid as to not see what A'nton brings to the show rather than B'runo standing up and waving his arms about at every contestant. It's become boring. Keep A'nton I say.

Totally agree with this, A.nton adds the authenticity and gravitas to the panel which has been missing since L.en left. I'd happily promote A.nton to head judge, and most definitely don't want to see him displaced by B.runo's return.
jingle
jingle

saxonsiren likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:07 pm

I agree to re please do not have B.runo back to replace A.nton. I like A.nton's manner and style on the Judges panel. He has thoroughly earned his spot and Id like to keep him for more series.
Shirley for me looks as if has other options in the pipeline if you believe the Tabloids. For me Shirley has to many favourites & fawns to much over the male celebs.
Motsi never bonded with tbh. I do thou miss Darcey and she brought some calm and elegance to the panel.
We had 3 male Judges & 1 female in the early days so its not an scenario the Beeb haven't had.
Possibly another ex pro dancer for Shirley maybe Ian W, E.rin or Aliona? Possibly Karen Clifton maybe a possibility too.
I still would like to see the % of public votes for the couples too.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:00 pm

Loved Cr aig's answer to T ess.

It's only week 5, Ugo's a rugby player, he's never danced before.
I understand that, it doesn't make any difference.

Lots of non dancers doing fabulously well this year
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:01 pm

Yes it was good.
I also liked it last week when he told Motsi off for making a noise during the dances and shouting in German in his ears!! Excellent.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:11 pm

Yes C.raig does get painted as the resident pantomime villain but he is far the most grounded of all the judges. The audience and T.ess may not like it but tough - he is there to judge not to pander to the celebs, the host or the audience.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:23 pm

Maybe time for another shake-up of the judges?

I hope that Cr aig isn't feeling to unwell and hope he will soon be feeling better.
I am enjoying An ton who is treading a neat line between constructive critique and encouragement.
I find Shirley inconsistent. She's clearly knowledgeable, but her obvious like/dislike of certain contestants each year does nothing to maintain her neutral stance.
Motsi - another one with feelings. She's been a professional dancer for years, a judge for years, yet she constantly talks drivel. I don't find her input has any value.

I think there needs to be a clear division of expertise:
An ton - ballroom
Shirley - latin
Cr aig - from a choreography and performance perspective

and one other - but what would their special skill be? Do we actually need 4 judges?

Last edited by B4p on Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2021 Judges - Page 2 Empty Re; 2021 Judges

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:27 pm

Well I think we can certainly do without Cynthia Erivo that's for sure! I found she added nothing of value and it was a strange dynamic along with some strange marking! For me they might just as well have left it at 3 judges. I found myself missing CRH this weekend.

I agree with what you say about Shirley - I find her very frustrating because she clearly does know her stuff but just can't help herself with having favourites (never women!) which I don't think that a head judge should have. She could be a lot better and I think she and Motsi should lose the slathering over every male contestant that they come across and also the dancing around whilst the contestants are on and the jumping up to give standing ovations should stop - not becoming behaviour for judges!

With regard to a new judge - It is an interesting one because I can't think who or what sort of judge should replace Motsi.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

2021 Judges - Page 2 Empty Week 10

Post  B4p Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:39 pm

Maybe I'm just thick, but how is Motsi flying to and fro to Germany most weeks, whilst Br uno isn't able to travel across the pond for the show?
Why is Br uno being filmed on other travel type shows around the world, but unavailable for Strictly. Has he permanently left now?
Why employ Motsi who has her family and a toddler in another country during these uncertain times?
If Motsi's isolating, will she be on the show next week?

Do we really need 4 judges?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:55 pm

B4p wrote:Maybe I'm just thick, but how is Motsi flying to and fro to Germany most weeks, whilst Br uno isn't able to travel across the pond for the show?

Maybe the distance B4p. America is about 8 hours flying time away non stop.. Germany just an hour and a quarter. .

Why is Br uno being filmed on other travel type shows around the world, but unavailable for Strictly. Has he permanently left now?

Same answer as above probably and maybe more lucrative. .

Why employ Motsi who has her family and a toddler in another country during these uncertain times? If Motsi's isolating, will she be on the show next week? Do we really need 4 judges?

I think we do, but maybe A nton and three new faces. The whole show has gone a bit stale.

TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

2021 Judges - Page 2 Empty Re: Judges 2021

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:09 am

B4p wrote:Maybe I'm just thick, but how is Motsi flying to and fro to Germany most weeks, whilst Br uno isn't able to travel across the pond for the show?
Why employ Motsi who has her family and a toddler in another country during these uncertain times?

I actually don't think we need 4 judges. Three would be fine for me and would make the DO situation a lot more clear cut instead of the slightly dubious 'casting vote' thing.

I agree that the way Motsi's absence was explained was a bit weird. I know that cases are on the rise in Germany but there are no blanket travel restrictions in place are there? So she must be self-isolating - they didn't say she had actually contracted COVID but nor did they say she was self-isolating - just that she had been advised by the NHS not to travel. With regards to B runo I think that it was still difficult to travel backwards and forwards between the US and UK when the series started - although I think they recently dropped the restrictions. Who knows about B runo and his future on the show? All a bit strange.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:12 am

mauveangel09 wrote:

I actually don't think we need 4 judges.  Three would be fine for me and would make the DO situation a lot more clear cut instead of the slightly dubious 'casting vote' thing.

I agree that the way Motsi's absence was explained was a bit weird.   I know that cases are on the rise in Germany but there are no blanket travel restrictions in place are there?   So she must be self-isolating - they didn't say she had actually contracted COVID but nor did they say she was self-isolating - just that she had been advised by the NHS not to travel.    With regards to B runo I think that it was still difficult to travel backwards and forwards between the US and UK when the series started - although I think they recently dropped the restrictions.   Who knows about B runo and his future on the show?    All a bit strange.

There may have been travel restrictions in Germany brought in due to the new Omicron variant?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:54 am

I wouldn't be surprised if the real reason that Br.uno no longer comes across from the US is the price of 1st Class flights from Los Angeles each week, compared with the short hop from Germany for Motsi. It must have cost the BBC an arm and a leg when B.uno and L.en were both doing it, though admittedly the US company would have been paying part of the travel. I expect B/runo's demands have gone up from business class to 1st now plus every perk in between.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:52 pm

I was really unimpressed with Cynthia yesterday, very bland comments and illogical scores, as well as her disrespect of CRH. I hope she isn't being considered for a more permanent role.

Time for an overhaul of the panel I think. Personally I'd keep A.nton and CRH and look for two completely new female judges. We've seen how well A.nton and Jeanette have done in their respective new roles, I wish they'd bring back at least one former female pro as a judge (preferably someone living in the UK who doesn't need to be flown in and out).
jingle
jingle

mauveangel09 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:09 pm

Sensible views and answers are not permitted. Strictly is not just a dance contest, but Family Favourites to music.There is a rumour that a sheepdog is joining the jury to bark yes or no.rendeer
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

2021 Judges - Page 2 Empty Re:2021 Judges

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:02 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

There may have been travel restrictions in Germany brought in due to the new Omicron variant?

Yes I thought about that after I posted this morning.
Although that only broke yesterday didn't it? I would have thought she would travel over beforehand. It could be a factor for the last few weeks I suppose. I hope they get a better judge if this is the case.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:37 pm

Im not sure Id like C.raig to carry on. I do feel he wears the Teflon, Can't touch me because everyone wants my views/scores, Badge far too much.
A lot of his comments if made say by B.runo or Shirley would have been blasted for re being over critical, negative and insensitive.
The show is bigger as they say than any personality. C.raig for me gone a little stale. Id swop C.raig, Motsi and Shirley for new Judges. Tess also for me could be replaced.
The whole show could do with new themes, Musical Director, Wardrobe and Make up dept replaced.
Im a big fan however I feel drained over last 3 series from awful music, drab wardrobe, inconsistant scores and Judges past their best.
Do notask me re ITT as stopped watching 😰
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2