Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tangolero return.

+2
jingle
TANGOLERO
6 posters

Go down

Tangolero return. Empty Tangolero return.

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:26 am

Hi all. After a nightmare long time with my pc (caused mainly by Microsoft muscling in on everything,) losing my camera facility and my health not being top notch etc, I lost all my sites and passwords and am only just now getting back. I haven't been watching "Strictly" full time as there are so many things I disagree with currently (my wife doesn't miss a show). I hope to add a comment or two as we go, but the contestants are as foreign to me as the cast of all the nonsense soaps I avoid. For what I have seen, between hip-hop, street dance and male dance being camper than an army of tents, I confess a lot of a liftime interest in dance has faded.

To end for now on a laugh, I just received an e-mail invitation to attend the annual conference of The International Dance Council in France (I get these each year). At 84 and walking with a Zimmer frame, I think I'll pass on that one.pirat

Speak soon and hope you are all well. Lots of love, TANGO.......
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

jingle likes this post

Back to top Go down

Tangolero return. Empty Re: Tangolero return.

Post  jingle Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:21 pm

cheers cheers Welcome back Tango! cheers cheers

It's so good to see you back here, you were most definitely missed. I too had a problem accessing the site - took a while to find my old password. I think the majority of our small-but-perfect group of posters have returned, though still no sign of Sax (Sax, if you're out there, please sign in!)

Have to say Tango I'm feeling much the same as you about Strictly, feels like the magic has faded somewhat over the past years. I especially dislike the Couples Choice and the tearjerking VTs which precede it and I also really miss the days of A.nton and Erin, and Vincent and Flavia.

But there are some points of interest from this year - my particular favourite is watching newsreader Krishnan Gurumurthy becoming totally enthused about all the dances.

Looking forward to your posts and observations this year Tango, even if these are occasional rather than regular. Belated happy 84th birthday by the way...can't believe the years have flown past so quickly. I remember you approaching your retirement on your 70th birthday (when we were on the BBC messageboard).
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:20 am

cheers Welcome back Tango. cheers

You have been missed, and your Honesty Thread awaits you.

jocolor sunny drunken king
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:49 am

Great to see you back Tango. I understand your apathy but any post from yourself will always be deemed valuable here. cheers

Last edited by CaledonianCraig on Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:03 am

Thanks Jingle, B4P, CC and all for the kind words. I'll be content to follow your knowledgable views and mainly observe. I really do worry that the dance world I've known all my life has changed from hard-working and skilful to media money- controlled fodder as a priority. old fashioned I may be, but where are the Fred Astaires, Gingers and The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman Goodmans of yesterday? I doubt any of the winners of Strictly remember how to do a slow waltz a month later.

Anyway, on with the motley and strike up the band. Street dance should be left to Morris Dancers.. Very Happy
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:42 am

Welcome back Tango! I agree with not knowing half of the contestants. The days of coming out to start a dance with no flashing lights, smoke faffing- those were the days!
Take care all.
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Tangolero return. Empty Re; Tangolero Returns

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:38 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

Anyway, on with the motley and strike up the band. Street dance should be left to Morris Dancers.. Very Happy

lol! lol! A classic comment which has made me chuckle and shows exactly why you should be on the forum Mr T!

I have missed you this year - especially having someone to moan with about the demise of the paso doble on Strictly! I agree with everything you have said about the show and I think it has moved a long way even from the current world of dance. However, just when you despair of it, something comes along to surprise you in a good way - such as a ballroom dance done completely in hold and without any 'faffing', a routine that is creative but which sticks to the ballroom or latin genre, a classic piece of dance music being used or even Motsi making sense (which has happened a few times this year). Plus a clutch of beginners like Krishnan and Annabel, progressing and improving every week. Look forward to reading your comments Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down