Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return of the Friday Night Panel

+4
mauveangel09
jingle
B4p
saxonsiren
8 posters

Go down

Return of the Friday Night Panel Empty Return of the Friday Night Panel

Post  saxonsiren Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:16 pm

I do look forward to The Friday Panel & love this section of ITT. I thought Id start a thread so we could give our reviewd on TFNP! Oh Nancy,Nancy-Why? Why invite her(aoart from the comical value?) Does she understand any question that isn't about her?
What did you think about tonight's FNP?
Lionel & Matt fabulous pair loved them both! Can we have Pauline Q on & Linda Robson? pur lease

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Return of the Friday Night Panel Empty Re: Return of the Friday Night Panel

Post  B4p Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:38 pm

I was surprised at how eloquent Matt Goss was. At least he'd bothered watching the show and made some useful and insightful contributions. It was a shame he didn't get to give his opinion on the music choices a bit more.

Nancy who? What a waste of space. Mad 
Miss me-me-me. Admits she hasn't watched the show. No pearls of wisdom about dance or the meaning of life. I think I caught her 2 expert comments a) An ton is always the same b) (in answer to one of Lionel's comments) An ton he doesn't always get his partners out of trouble.  He should have made sure that green boa finished the job - damm!

I'm SO relieved she remembered her Paso and Tango because they had such passion. Not sure I can. She looks like she's had her head in a bucket of soot and the way she was sliming over the men made me want to reach for the salt. I award Nancy this week's Lemon Tart Award.

Lionel is an institution, who can arrive whenever Bru cie's ill with alarming speed, but he's undoubtably a dancer through and through and knows his stuff. I thought his comments were very constructive, especially toward Vanessa.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:45 pm

They should have just placed the grean boa in between Matt & Lionel & you would have had the same result! Why invite Nancy when she hadn't watched SCD or even ITT I bet! Matt yes came across eloquent & with some good comments even with a simpering leech next to him.My wish would be longer for TFNP! Maybe at the start? Lionel akways a welcome guest.Also I forgot their names the two tv/newspaper male columnists who give expert advice & in a funny way.A chance of a fan to be on the FNP would be lovely!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:11 pm

B4p wrote:

Nancy who? What a waste of space. Mad 
Miss me-me-me. Admits she hasn't watched the show. No pearls of wisdom about dance or the meaning of life. I think I caught her 2 expert comments a) An ton is always the same b) (in answer to one of Lionel's comments) An ton he doesn't always get his partners out of trouble.  He should have made sure that green boa finished the job - damm!
lol! 
Well said B4P!

Thought Zoe on top form for the panel, plenty of quick retorts for Nancy.

Don't mind Lionel at all, Matt Goss a pleasant surprise.

Hope they invite Tom Ellis onto the panel soon, he's always good.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:11 pm

Im hoping for more livelier Friday Night Panels! Tom Ellis, Pauline Quirke,Linda Robson,Russell Kane,Louie Spencer Jack Whitnail & the guy from the London Magazine & Alastair McGowan.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:24 pm

Enjoyed the Friday Night panel tonight as Jon Barrowman was incredibly candid and it was nice to hear someone experessing ther own views - definitely not a Nathalie fan then .................................................

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:37 am

mauveangel09 wrote:
Enjoyed the Friday Night panel tonight as Jon Barrowman was incredibly candid and it was nice to hear someone experessing ther own views - definitely not a Nathalie fan then                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 .................................................
Absolutely! cheers 
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:10 pm

Whilst JB echoed a lot of my own thoughts and feelings, especially about Natalie, I thought he was too candid and should have kept some of the stuff to himself or expressed himself more tactfully. Suggesting the public haven't warmed to Nat and that she'll be booted off the show in two weeks was blunt and insensitive - it's likely Nat will have watched and been quite hurt by those comments. I'm beginning to feel sorry for her in the same way I did DVO this time last year!

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:10 pm

I know what you mean Sid - also I think he was actually way off the mark in thinking she will be booted out within the next few weeks - (surely?).

But I nevertheless found it refreshing that there were 'real' comments on the show - not people simply toeing the party line and being all fluffy!!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:24 pm

I thought JB's behaviour was appalling tbh - so egotistic, domineering and rude (both to the contestants and to the other guests). He talked a lot of rubbish and said everything as if his word was final. He interrupted and patronised the other two (I would have loved to have heard more from Suggs but he looked like he had just given up trying to get a word in edgewise with Barrowman), he made stuff up off the top of his head (how does he know what the GBP thinks of Nat?) and he was thoroughly nasty about Natalie, Mark and one or two others. He also made this big deal about it being a dance contest but then undermined that completely by endorsing Ben.
Littlebear
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:26 pm

I found him (JB) contradictory to say the least. Does he just try to please everyone?
One minute he is telling everyone that although there are some that are popular, we should be voting for the dancing and then in the next breath he wants Ben to win. Now much as I love Ben, he is no Fred Astaire and is more akin to a plank.
How he came to the conclusion that Natalie could be going home in a couple of weeks is anyones guess. Has he seen or heard of the dance off as I can't see there being the slightest chance that the judges would send her home.
For me he was just there to plug his new afternoon show which is about as riveting as watching paint dry.
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:51 am

He was certainly a bit tactless to say the least, but it was refreshingly candid. It was good to see someone actually expressing their views even if we don't agree with them. I don't think Natalie will get anywhere near a dance off and if she did she would be saved, but he is right that people haven't warmed to her. It's such a shame that she was unfit to perform last night, as I was beginning to warm to her after last week and was looking forward to her jive.

Last edited by allsewnonbyhand on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:31 pm

Well said - Allse.

I think as he was Kristina's partner in the Xmas Show JB was just being supportive of her - not Ben particularly.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down