Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spoilers ....

+8
Mslightfoot
Inanna
gingercodgers
Pink Pinot Girl
allsewnonbyhand
Twirlie
hatlady28
Admin
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Spoilers .... Empty Spoilers ....

Post  Admin Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:53 pm

... are available on other forums but not here.

We don't want to be too prescriptive about what people can and can't say here but we certainly don't want anyone saying something which will stop people enjoying the show.

So, no spoilers and no hints.

Thank you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://scdbbc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Spoilers .... Empty Re: Spoilers ....

Post  hatlady28 Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:43 pm

Thank you.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:51 pm

Thank you so much! It'll be much more pleasant this way!
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Thank you. I don't want to find out in advance.
cheers
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Pink Pinot Girl Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:08 pm

Thank you as well. The results show was spoilt for me tonight but a "hint" earlier so I'm really glad to see this.
Pink Pinot Girl
Pink Pinot Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:16 pm

I've had PMs from many of you expressing disappointment about hints on here earlier - I need to stress that any spoilers/hints/even claims of knowing the results on Sundays will be frowned upon.

The majority of posters on this board seem to want to enjoy the surprise on Sundays and we will do all we can to ensure that they can still enjoy that surprise.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://scdbbc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:18 pm

I'm glad to see this as well but must have seen the same hint as you PPG. Sad
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  Pink Pinot Girl Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:21 pm

gingercodgers wrote:I'm glad to see this as well but must have seen the same hint as you PPG. Sad

I'm really pissed off ginger!! Not sure if we're allowed to say that but no doubt it will be changed if we can't.

It was one of things which was great about the BBC boards - no bloody smart arses showing off that they know the result. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Pink Pinot Girl
Pink Pinot Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:28 pm

Pink Pinot Girl wrote:
gingercodgers wrote:I'm glad to see this as well but must have seen the same hint as you PPG. Sad

I'm really pissed off ginger!! Not sure if we're allowed to say that but no doubt it will be changed if we can't.

It was one of things which was great about the BBC boards - no bloody smart arses showing off that they know the result. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I have seen a grovelling apology.....I have also referred people to this thread. If we stand together, one step behind the Magic Woman, we can stop it from happening again.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  Inanna Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:30 pm

hatlady28 wrote:
Pink Pinot Girl wrote:

I have seen a grovelling apology.....I have also referred people to this thread. If we stand together, one step behind the Magic Woman, we can stop it from happening again.

...and I apologised as well HL.....
Inanna
Inanna

Back to top Go down

Post  Pink Pinot Girl Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:30 pm

hatlady28 wrote:
Pink Pinot Girl wrote:

KK, will stop being grumpy Cool
Pink Pinot Girl
Pink Pinot Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mslightfoot Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:56 am

I've never really understood the mentality of 'spoilers' - I've always assumed that they must be pretty pathetic individuals who just want to spoil other people's fun. I had a 'friend' once who called me up and said to me, "I must tell you that a surprise party has been organised for your birthday so that when you go to the BBQ tomorrow everyone will be hiding in the garden and I'm only telling you because I know you don't like parties". Obviously that person is no longer a friend of mine.

Just out of interest what is the punishment for the crime of spoiling? I'm just curious. And are there any excuses and/or apologies that would get the 'spoiler' off the hook. I see that there was some hinting and apparently some sincere apologising - so how will that work for those posters who have hinted but apologised?
Mslightfoot
Mslightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  133-230-44039-18180-800 Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:38 am

Mslightfoot wrote:
Just out of interest what is the punishment for the crime of spoiling?

Banishement, death, ostracism, death. Probably a stern warning followed by a ban for a second offence. Or death.

And are there any excuses and/or apologies that would get the 'spoiler' off the hook. I see that there was some hinting and apparently some sincere apologising - so how will that work for those posters who have hinted but apologised?

I'm open to bribery, but money and baked goods won't work.

133-230-44039-18180-800
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mslightfoot Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:53 am

Love that, banished and dead and banised again, perfect !
Mslightfoot
Mslightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  133-230-44039-18180-800 Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:55 am

Mslightfoot wrote:Love that, banished and dead and banished again, perfect !

It's the only language they understand.

133-230-44039-18180-800
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsArcanum Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:58 am

Would also suggest those who don't want to know avoid the bookies as the eliminated couple are removed from the betting by Sunday.
MrsArcanum
MrsArcanum

Back to top Go down

Post  Pink Pinot Girl Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:14 am

Mslightfoot wrote:I've never really understood the mentality of 'spoilers' - I've always assumed that they must be pretty pathetic individuals who just want to spoil other people's fun. I had a 'friend' once who called me up and said to me, "I must tell you that a surprise party has been organised for your birthday so that when you go to the BBQ tomorrow everyone will be hiding in the garden and I'm only telling you because I know you don't like parties". Obviously that person is no longer a friend of mine.

Just out of interest what is the punishment for the crime of spoiling? I'm just curious. And are there any excuses and/or apologies that would get the 'spoiler' off the hook. I see that there was some hinting and apparently some sincere apologising - so how will that work for those posters who have hinted but apologised?

Totally totally agree!!

And yes - anyone who has apologised for yesterday is forgiven as far as I'm concerned - not that anyone will lose sleep over that!
Pink Pinot Girl
Pink Pinot Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mslightfoot Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:26 am

You are, Lady P, as usual, very generous of spirit, I suppose I could forgive this once as it was the first results show and as this is a new forum - but we're pretty much all old hands on here and so those who did hint and then offer sincere apologies should actually know better. From the reply Creature of beauty and wonderment gave me I'm guessing that there will be a short tolerance level if the same spoilers or hinters keep trying to find different ways to post so that they can claim 'it was an accidental posting' - let's be honest Lady P, we've seen it all before, they're just killjoys, no getting away from it and death followed by banishment and further death, I don't think is too harsh, I think the punishment fits the crime Wink
Mslightfoot
Mslightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Pink Pinot Girl Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:34 am

Mslightfoot wrote:You are, Lady P, as usual, very generous of spirit, I suppose I could forgive this once as it was the first results show and as this is a new forum - but we're pretty much all old hands on here and so those who did hint and then offer sincere apologies should actually know better. From the reply Creature of beauty and wonderment gave me I'm guessing that there will be a short tolerance level if the same spoilers or hinters keep trying to find different ways to post so that they can claim 'it was an accidental posting' - let's be honest Lady P, we've seen it all before, they're just killjoys, no getting away from it and death followed by banishment and further death, I don't think is too harsh, I think the punishment fits the crime Wink

Lol!! I don't think I have ever been called generous of spirit on a message board but thank you very much MsLF!
Pink Pinot Girl
Pink Pinot Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  133-230-44039-18180-800 Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:36 am

Mslightfoot wrote:From the reply Creature of beauty and wonderment gave me I'm guessing that there will be a short tolerance level if the same spoilers or hinters keep trying to find different ways to post so that they can claim 'it was an accidental posting' - let's be honest Lady P, we've seen it all before, they're just killjoys, no getting away from it and death followed by banishment and further death, I don't think is too harsh, I think the punishment fits the crime Wink

This is a bit of fun. If it becomes a chore for those of us who run it it will stop, and whilst that might be the intention of posters who get off from being tossers to other people they'll should remember that they'll have to go back to shouting at bus queues if it goes. So rather than let it get to that stage we operate a no tolerance policy and no second chances if I think you're being a Brucie's wig*. It's not a complex system.

*Unless you're well fit of course.

133-230-44039-18180-800
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mslightfoot Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:43 am

Suits me. Zero tolerance is just about the age I've reached, and, agree wholeheartedly with you that the only acceptable get out of jail clause is being well fit

You really are a Creature of beauty and wonderment ! Very Happy
Mslightfoot
Mslightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  133-230-44039-18180-800 Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:47 am

Mslightfoot wrote:agree wholeheartedly with you that the only acceptable get out of jail clause is being well fit

It's worked for me thus far. Perish the thought that I might have to rely on my wits.

133-230-44039-18180-800
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pat Shed Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:56 pm

Posting spoilers is a bit naughty. But I suppose that as with all pre-recorded programmes, news is often likely to leak out.

But I'm glad that our hosts are clamping down on it: I don't want someone telling me who the winner is and so destroying the drama of the next couple of months.
Pat Shed
Pat Shed

Back to top Go down

Post  133-230-44039-18180-800 Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:05 pm

Pat Shed wrote:Posting spoilers is a bit naughty. But I suppose that as with all pre-recorded programmes, news is often likely to leak out.

But I'm glad that our hosts are clamping down on it: I don't want someone telling me who the winner is and so destroying the drama of the next couple of months.

I know the result of the Ashes too by the way.

133-230-44039-18180-800
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sadiesamba Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:28 pm

133-230-44039-18180-800 wrote:
I know the result of the Ashes too by the way.

don't we all ......Too easy ....... have you been watching Australia v India?
Sadiesamba
Sadiesamba

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next