Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tartan Lounge has arrived

+30
saxonsiren
Twirlie
IAmFullOfWonder
gingercodgers
Littlebear
1superken
CaledonianCraig
MissingLilia
ChrissyAnne
Poppetlovestango
Maya53
Doll16
Lucielle
salsarae
MrsArcanum
Al
vonee21
hatlady28
dancingsunshinequeen
B4p
kate
133-230-44039-18180-800
sparklysheila
tanolatino
lualen
Papillion1970
hellcatinheels
Inanna
Sadiesamba
allsewnonbyhand
34 posters

Page 39 of 39 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39

Go down

The Tartan Lounge has arrived - Page 39 Empty Re: The Tartan Lounge has arrived

Post  diamondsandpearls Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:30 pm

jingle wrote:Sorry in advance, I'm going to sound like a spoilt grumpy child here, but I suspect I may be getting a present of tour tickets......just seen Mollie isn't on the line-up, and now I've no interest at all.  Bah, humbug.

You're not the only one feeling like a grumpy child - I've has a right old strop over on A Little Bit of Honesty... It's not because of Mollie not being in the tour - that isn't really a logistical possibility for me - but it is all because Mollie is now out. Even though she was the least accomplished dancer I still feel a little robbed. I think if another person had gone out so we had a proper, three-person final I wouldn't feel quite so aggrieved.

So I share your pain Jingle. I'm not even really that interested in the final now.

diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:12 pm

A lot of comments on twitteretti /fb/news re Molie & AJ & Aston missing from tour... I'd like a smaller venue to see show.. Hope you enjoy show if get tickets down your chimney Christmas Morning. ..
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:32 pm

Just been watching SPOTY - very well done to Jonnie Peacock coming third  cheers (he got my votes, sorry Lewis!).  Bit of a **** up with the video link to Mo Farah, but I'm so pleased he won it this year.

I'd love to see more sportsmen and women taking part on Strictly. They generally don't have any dance or acting training, but have the discipline and agility to learn very quickly. Perfect for the 'j' word.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:47 pm

I'm disappointed Frome got overlooked again. The accusations re doping test hindered him and not sure if deliberate. Glad see Jonnie in top 3 would have liked see Peaty too as local lad. .. Forgot how long SPOTY goes on for!
More Sports stars yes yes. We have missed Rugby/Cricket/football stars. I'm sure one of the English women's football team would be great for scd... Have we had a golfer? Or formula one yet!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:47 pm

Time to start a new thread sax. Who would we like to see in next years Strictly?

I'd like to see the actor who plays in Holby City - Adam? He also play 'Smithy' in The Bill
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:10 pm

B4p wrote:Time to start a new thread sax. Who would we like to see in next years Strictly?

I'd like to see the actor who plays in Holby City - Adam? He also play 'Smithy' in The Bill
Ooh nice one B4- we can add to as the off season progresses!
I haven't watched holby much lately, didn't know Smithy was in it- yeah he might be good.
We could play guess the  next BBC breakfast/ soap/ ex pop group contestant too- I'm going to throw Steph (McGovern?) from breakfast in there straight away

Jump to it Sax, this will keep us busy as we mourn the dark non strictly months! Wink cheers
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:41 pm

Just been looking over the voting n.umbers for SPOTY which the BBC have published (if they can be so transparent for sports, why not for SCD?)

Anyhow, Jonnie beat Anthony Joshua into third place by just 18 votes!  It's nice to realise that everyone's votes do literally make all the difference.

Yes, I like the idea of Steph from Breakfast too Allsewn.  

Sax - no we've never had anyone from formula 1 yet. The F1 season overlaps with Strictly, so it'd have to be someone not currently involved (Jenson Button would be perfect, though doubt he'd be interested). There's been a few less famous Brit drivers like Paul di Resta and Max Chilton who'd also be excellent.

Sigh.  Getting through the first Sunday without a results show is hard. I might re-watch the final now.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:43 pm

New thread started Basketball
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:47 pm

Steph from breakfast tv a big yes from me! Ok I think I'm now quoting XF sacre blue. I'm pleased for Jonnie a lot of scd votes helped I bet and amazed 18 votes between two of them!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:11 pm

Anyone else watching the programme with Darcey about Fred Astaire? Hope you've caught it Mr T, I'm sure you will have. For those that aren't I'm guessing it will be on iplayer ( might even be a repeat but I have t seen it before)
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:09 am

allsewnonbyhand wrote:Anyone else watching the programme with Darcey about Fred Astaire? Hope you've caught it Mr T, I'm sure you will have. For those that aren't I'm guessing it will be on iplayer ( might even be a repeat but I have t seen it before)

I saw it Allsewn, thanks. I just posted about it on the pro dancers thread. Very Happy
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:47 am

Darcey Bussell: Looking for Fred Astaire: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09jxp2b via @bbciplayer

Here's the link for anyone that missed it
Glad you saw it Mr T, I thought about you straight away!
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:44 pm

Going to find it on I player later... Well almost ready for the festive season just the sheer fun of the food shop tomorrow. Not sure yet what time but figured got to be better Saturday then Sunday. Turkey (it's George every year named) pick up 7am Christmas Eve...

Have a fantastic time with family/friends and a quiet time to yourselves too.
Merry Christmas and New Year to all xx santa santa rendeer rendeer flower
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:01 pm

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of the forum members. cheers
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:04 pm

Well that's me pretty much done too...if I haven't  got it, it's too late!

Merry Christmas one and all,  I hope your Christmas is all that you want it to be santa cheers drunken Sleep
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:08 am

It's strange to think that only this time last week we were all discussing the Strictly final - seems so much longer ago (I miss it  Crying or Very sad )  

Just back from my annual panic buying at the supermarket - I think the whole of the city must be planning to make Nigella's xmas rocky road treats,  because there isn't a single ameretti biscuit or shelled pistachio to be found in the shops. So I'll just have to improvise with digestives and brazil nuts instead.

Anyhow, I'll wish you all a very happy Christmas, and hopefully catch up with some chat about the xmas Strictly.

santa rendeer king drunken
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:18 am

Another dance documentary but a different era, presented by B.runo- and some really good bits and insight from John Travolta himself. ( I loved him,  but wasn't allowed to see the film at the time because it had a 'X' rating, but I still have the original double album in my loft!)
Really interesting to see how the film was put together on a shoestring

Saturday Night Fever - The Ultimate Disco Movie: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09jxjxs via @bbciplayer]
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:34 am

Jingle I'm not cooking the rocky road thing by Nigel la never heard of it Very Happy I'm more James Martin and Mary Berry and a bit of Jamie Oliver pre bigheaded days Naked Chef.
Let us know how your alternative desert went Surprised

Alls I loved the show and seeing John Travolta in film Saturday Night Fever again. Not aware of the problems they had filming re crowds and the Mafia affraid

Did my shop yesterday 8 am and still putting stock out in lidl. Popped to Aldi and came home. We then noticed Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad pale a lovely dent and scratches and paint off front of cat. Oh the joys of people hitting cars and just driving off and not owning up to it...
Have the Turkey (always christened George) popping out to buy Christmas crackers...
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:23 pm

Hi catinwheels and lualen. .. exhausted cooked for 7 yesterday three courses and survives toddler tantrums in pm by a poorly full of cold Grandson. Today cooked for 5 and full roast pork & turkey with all trimmings. Grrr re family eating and abandon mess for cook to clear up...next year I'm going for an Indian meal!....
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:25 pm

I agree Sax! I've gone on strike today....waiting for pizza delivery at the moment
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:20 pm

Hi Jingle hope you enjoy pizza... should have been out at friends suprise meal 4pm today but loaded grief from in laws now meal out at 6:30 with them grrr really lost the Christmas spirit need a ton of spirit in me instead Wink I dislike the annual summoning of visiting in laws last minute...
Chef hung up apron too!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 39 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39