Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tartan Lounge has arrived

+30
saxonsiren
Twirlie
IAmFullOfWonder
gingercodgers
Littlebear
1superken
CaledonianCraig
MissingLilia
ChrissyAnne
Poppetlovestango
Maya53
Doll16
Lucielle
salsarae
MrsArcanum
Al
vonee21
hatlady28
dancingsunshinequeen
B4p
kate
133-230-44039-18180-800
sparklysheila
tanolatino
lualen
Papillion1970
hellcatinheels
Inanna
Sadiesamba
allsewnonbyhand
34 posters

Page 1 of 39 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Go down

The Tartan Lounge has arrived Empty Re: The Tartan Lounge has arrived

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:27 pm

if we're going old fashioned I'll have a snowball plese Housewives choice!

It has been a beautiful day, but a little chill is creeping along now so I'll keep you company by the fire Twirlie. what time is results show on tonight?
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:29 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:if we're going old fashioned I'll have a snowball plese Housewives choice!

It has been a beautiful day, but a little chill is creeping along now so I'll keep you company by the fire Twirlie. what time is results show on tonight?

7.30 tonight, allsewnonbyhand. Wow a snowball! That does take me back, but in a good way. I always loved them. I have a sweet tooth.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:32 pm

thanks Twirlie now I know when to get tea ready!
my dad used to let me have a snowball at xmas- i thought I was so grown up.
We could always alternate with babycham Wink
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sadiesamba Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:36 pm

Twirlie wrote:Good afternoon... anyone? It's all very quiet in here today. Are you all out enjoying the sunshine? Gardening? Early Christmas shopping? Out walking the dog? Well as it's 4.00, I think I'll have some tea with some coffee and walnut lingerie please Housewives choice. Thanks a lot. Smile

Lingerie? Oh yes, I forgot. Mmm well lingerie isn't quite my style. Waxing your chest is one thing but this is a step too far! Let's see. How about some coffe and walnut sponge? Yes. That seems like the thing.
Very Happy

Blueberry and lemon drop scones with my cuppa, saving the chocolate chip cookies for later
Sadiesamba
Sadiesamba

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:37 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:thanks Twirlie now I know when to get tea ready!
my dad used to let me have a snowball at xmas- i thought I was so grown up.
We could always alternate with babycham Wink

lol!
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Inanna Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:37 pm

I have to say I am sooooooo not looking forward to the winter....I love the snow but really really hate the cold....and I dont use the hate word often as I find it a very harsh word....used too loosely IMO......

Does anyone want to see my icicle I grew last year.....its called the chimicle and its patented......if you dont want to see it then dont look.... geek

https://2img.net/h/i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu113/viki_020/thisisamCACY053I.jpg

noooo not really....just came across this and thought it quite apt....

this is my chimicle

https://2img.net/h/i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu113/viki_020/004-1.jpg
Inanna
Inanna

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:40 pm

Sadiesamba wrote:

Blueberry and lemon drop scones with my cuppa, saving the chocolate chip cookies for later

They sound ab.so.lut.ly fab.u.lous!. Recipe please and you'll have my undying gratitude! I love you

Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  hellcatinheels Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:44 pm

I love love love the winter. Autumn is way toooo confusing. When exactly are you to ditch the flowing summer dress and sandals and settle down in some Ugg boots and 1,000 denier tights? In the past I would judge my wardrobe on when my legs started to look like a can of corned beef, but now the seasons all just seem to merge. Plus I have far fewer bad hair days when i can wear a hat, or at least to blame my flattened hair on said hat.
hellcatinheels
hellcatinheels

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:45 pm

I have to say I am sooooooo not looking forward to the winter....I love the snow but really really hate the cold....and I dont use the hate word often as I find it a very harsh word....used too loosely IMO......

Does anyone want to see my icicle I grew last year.....its called the chimicle and its patented......if you dont want to see it then dont look....
V impressive Inanna!

I love the snow too.Don't get much of it down here Sad wish I was still in Skipton when everyone else gets snow and we don't!

I'm an extremes kinda girl- love winter when it's really cold and summer when it's really hot sunny
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sadiesamba Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:46 pm

Recipe for dropscones

Don't do measurements when I'm in a hurry

The scones are basically a thick batter made with buttermilk, SR flour and eggs - then drop in some washed blueberries and grated lemon rind. Fry dollops in a lightly greased nonstick pan till golden brown, turn over and cook other side. Spinkle with a little sugar, add a squeeze of lemon juice and demolish!
Sadiesamba
Sadiesamba

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:51 pm

Inanna wrote:....and I dont use the hate word often as I find it a very harsh word....used too loosely IMO......
I so agree with you Inanna. It is used too much and has lost a lot of it's real meaning. I'm afraid I have another pet hate (oops sorry) pet dislike rather. It's people who talk about their best friend and apply the term to lots of people who are not their best friend (surely there can only be one "best") but to lots of good friends. Oh I'm getting so impatient in my old age!

Inanna wrote:Does anyone want to see my icicle I grew last year.....its called the chimicle and its patented......if you dont want to see it then dont look.... geek

https://2img.net/h/i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu113/viki_020/thisisamCACY053I.jpg

this is my chimicle

Ooo you were trying to pull a fast one there. I have to confess I laughed out loud when I saw the first picture Laughing although the second one was still impressive!
lol!
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:55 pm

Sadiesamba wrote:Recipe for dropscones

Don't do measurements when I'm in a hurry

The scones are basically a thick batter made with buttermilk, SR flour and eggs - then drop in some washed blueberries and grated lemon rind. Fry dollops in a lightly greased nonstick pan till golden brown, turn over and cook other side. Spinkle with a little sugar, add a squeeze of lemon juice and demolish!
Recipe copied and pasted into a notebook file in my Documents. Thanks a bunch Sadiesamba! I'll get to that as soon as I can (with some advice from Mrs Twirlie as to consistency of the batter!) Very Happy
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sadiesamba Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:57 pm

I'll look out a proper recipe for you soon - I used to be a cookery demonstrater in another life!
Sadiesamba
Sadiesamba

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:59 pm

Sadiesamba wrote:I'll look out a proper recipe for you soon - I used to be a cookery demonstrater in another life!

Very Happy

One of my colleagues is trying to write a cookery book. I'm looking forward to being a guinea pig in the next few weeks. Very Happy

Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Papillion1970 Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:16 am

Morning Guys how is everyone this morning it was minus 2 in the car this morning when I went out to scrap it Brrrrrrr pale but when I got into work I heard that in Inverness it's been snowing I hope it's not going to be like last year. A hot mug of hot chocolate here pls Housewives choice and a hot water bottle. what did everyone think of the result last night(I won't say what it is in case there are people that haven't watched it yet) anyway going to try & get heated up now speak to you all later. p.s has anyone heard from dancing sunshine queen?
Papillion1970
Papillion1970

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:21 am

when I went out to scrap it
lol!

surely that's a little OTT for a bit of ice papillon Wink ??

V cold here too plenty of ice for me to scrape too when I go to work in a while. I'll join you in a quick hot choccie before I go . Don't think DSQ has popped in for a while hope all is well DSQ I think I remember you saying you may not be around.

Later everyone! sunny it's a beautiful -if cold-sunrise
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  hellcatinheels Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:23 am

Good morning Papillon....*stretches*

Brrrrrr it is freezing here in Kent too. But hubby had to leave for work at 5am, so I had the duvet to myself for 2 whole snuggly hours. Shame I have to go to "dat London" today for a meeting, and can not seek sanctuary in my car. It also means I have to dress smart, and not as a warm and cosy michilin woman:P
hellcatinheels
hellcatinheels

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:31 am

Hi Papillon, it's chilly but not as bad as minus 2. Snow in Inverness? What's with all this snow in October? It's not on. As to Sunday's result - I thought it was fair.

I don't know about SDQ... she's been missing too much hasn't she. We need our hostess with the mostest back again. Housewives choice, coffee and a ham n cheese croissant please. And an Orange juice too thanks. Smile
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  lualen Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:28 am

Morning all. I really hate these damp, driech days - but I suppose we better get used to it cos that's what it's going to be like for the next few months.....

Hope you all enjoyed the shows at the weekend, although - as usual - some couples were much better than others.

Great to see Ian back again - I've really missed him. I really don't get the purpose of this "Professional Dance Group" which were supposed to have "spectacular routines". I have only seen them once (although I did miss bits of the first few shows) and as far as I am concerned the routines by the normal professionals over the last couple of weeks are just as good or even better! Personally I think its the BBC turning its nose up at fans - some of the professionals have a bigger following than the celebrities, presenters and judges. And that's just not on, is it?? Laughing Laughing
lualen
lualen

Back to top Go down

Post  tanolatino Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:53 am

Morning all on the jolly cold morning ! Poor you Papillion - I hope Housewives choice got you that lovely mug of hot chocolate. It's even cold here on the South Coast - I had to scrape my windscreen this morning too. I have just treated myself to a lovely fresh cream nut Danish, so a nice hot chocolate here too Housewives choice, please. sunny

Twirlie, don't worry about DSQ. I have been speaking to her on the phone this morning and she is absolutely fine. She just has other things she has to do at the mo, but she'll be back soon, so don't worry my friend. flower

I thought the right person left last night, but I didn't like the fabu-u-lus darling one's comment about who he thought should have been in the bottom two. Evil or Very Mad
tanolatino
tanolatino

Back to top Go down

Post  tanolatino Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:57 am

lualen wrote:Morning all. I really hate these damp, driech days - but I suppose we better get used to it cos that's what it's going to be like for the next few months.....

Hope you all enjoyed the shows at the weekend, although - as usual - some couples were much better than others.

Great to see Ian back again - I've really missed him. I really don't get the purpose of this "Professional Dance Group" which were supposed to have "spectacular routines". I have only seen them once (although I did miss bits of the first few shows) and as far as I am concerned the routines by the normal professionals over the last couple of weeks are just as good or even better! Personally I think its the BBC turning its nose up at fans - some of the professionals have a bigger following than the celebrities, presenters and judges. And that's just not on, is it?? Laughing Laughing

Morning Lualen. Is 'driech' a Scottish word Question There are so many friends on here who live in Scotland and I think I've heard it mentioned before. Btw - I love your penguin avatar. sunny
tanolatino
tanolatino

Back to top Go down

Post  tanolatino Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:01 pm

Inanna wrote:I have to say I am sooooooo not looking forward to the winter....I love the snow but really really hate the cold....and I dont use the hate word often as I find it a very harsh word....used too loosely IMO......

Does anyone want to see my icicle I grew last year.....its called the chimicle and its patented......if you dont want to see it then dont look.... geek

this is my chimicle

Your chimicles are wonderous Inanna. Wink

tanolatino
tanolatino

Back to top Go down

Post  Papillion1970 Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:29 pm

hi guys great it's lunchtime I can imagine a hamburger & chips but instead I'll have diet soup & crackers Sad hi lualen I agree with latino your avitar is brill & also I would like to say hello to hellcatinheels welcome to the T/L pull up a chair & let Housewives choice get you a drink what would you like I know it's a bit early in the day but he does a mean coffee & later his cocktail skills are fab Very Happy
Papillion1970
Papillion1970

Back to top Go down

Post  lualen Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:53 pm

Hi tanolatino and papillon. Yes, 'driech' is a Scots word - just means dull, damp, dreary,generally yeuch! Mainly applies to weather.

Like my avator as well - found it by accident and seemed appropriate as I am very fond of penguins. Apart from just after they have been eating fish. The experience at Edinburgh Zoo has to be smelled to be believed!! Laughing Laughing

lualen
lualen

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:09 pm

hellcatinheels wrote:
Brrrrrr it is freezing here in Kent too. But hubby had to leave for work at 5am, so I had the duvet to myself for 2 whole snuggly hours
w
Hi hellcatinheels and welcome from me too. Although I live in greater London I'm only about a mile frm the Kent border. Left home at 4.30 leaving behind a very warm Mrs Twirlie. Now in a very sunny Sunderland!)
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 39 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next