Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Dance This Week?

+13
Poppetlovestango
TANGOLERO
Sid
lualen
allsewnonbyhand
fiftynotout
diamondsandpearls
Wallflower
hatlady28
cellar-door
saxonsiren
mauveangel09
B4p
17 posters

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Go down

Which Dance This Week? - Page 14 Empty Re: Which Dance This Week?

Post  Sid Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:46 pm

He'll be chuffed.

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:58 pm

B4p wrote:If you see Tango tell him Erin's on ITT tonight with Katya

Damn. Missed that. I'll have a look on iPlayer. Cheers B4p.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:16 am

Okay, seen it now. Erin and Katya both looking dazzling but lost to Strictly I fear. Good job Natalie and Aliona are around to fill the glamour slots. Very Happy
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  1superken Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:01 am

Sid wrote:

No nor me. Although sometimes the most unlikeliest songs end up working brilliantly - if you think back to Frankie & Kevin's Tango, for instance. We just couldn't see how the music would fit (and some still weren't completely convinced afterwards, but most were surprised to find they enjoyed it). Just not sure Jake's a good enough dancer to pull something like this off.

And there was sceptical i thinking Simon,s gonna coast through now , i bet the rest are well happy with their perfect music choices & they don't have to Waltz to Edelweiss Mad . It,s getting smellier & smellier & smellier Mad . Glad it,s a waltz , whoever set the rest up it won't be top with the voters , i hope it scores less than 40 with the Judges but i can only see C raig making that happen & getting his 9 out Razz
1superken
1superken

Back to top Go down

Which Dance This Week? - Page 14 Empty Re: Which Dance this week?

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:58 pm

B4p wrote:
I think its the huge connections with the American team in DWTS. I noticed at the beginning that we had a recycle of at least one of their tunes 1-2 weeks after they'd been used in the US

Picking up on the american theme - I have to say that half of these songs are reminiscent of a bunch of americans going around Europe on a coach tour!
(I should know from my younger days) They'd be warbling away to 'Tulips from Amsterdam' all the way through Holland and then by the time the coach crossed the Austrian border they'd be a full scale sing song of the 'Sound of Music'.................bless Smile

I must say I am a sucker for the traditional music in dancing so I think 'Tulips' will be excellent and I'm not afraid to say I'm a bit partial to a bit of 'girl from Ipanema'. I think that Caroline will produce an excellent charleston - just up her street as is Frankie's jive - ( although Frankie and Kevin did that charleston that was really a jive - very early on in the contest didn't they?).

'Viva Las Vega' - I love the tune but not sure how it will translate into a salsa - I always think of it as a big show routine but I'm sure Mark will be dancing his socks off. So that leaves Jake and Simon - Really don't know how Jake and Janette are going to do an Argentine Tango to Zorba as it is a song that speeds up and gets faster and faster - an Argentine Tango definitely does not speed up!!!! Also from the short take seen on ITT tonight there looked to be many 'non Argentine Tango' steps in it. Shame - as he has been dancing 'mean and moody'for much of the contest I was actually looking forward to seeing him do the AT - but I'm sure it will be a clever routine nonetheless, as always - and a real crowd pleaser.

As for crowd pleasers - you couldn't get much more crowd pleasing than 'Edelweiss' - again, I unashamedly love it (always brings a tear to my eye) and unusual to see it done as a modern waltz rather than a Viennese waltz, although the tempo on the original track in the film was slower than how it is often reproduced. So..............the music alone could bring the house down - but Simon needs to rise to the occasion having not really been a ballroom boy up until this point. Over the last week or two he has started to win me over - if he can do it with this one I'll officially be a fan - but really not sure..................... Neutral

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:30 pm

I think this week will test just how far Simon's come and what his vote is like now because Waltz is one of those slow, controlled dances - the kind he struggled with early on and landed him in the bottom two.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:50 pm

Sid wrote:I think this week will test just how far Simon's come and what his vote is like now because Waltz is one of those slow, controlled dances - the kind he struggled with early on and landed him in the bottom two.

I think he's come far....

He is a genuine non-dancer and from sticky beginnings he has turned himself around and learned to really involve himself in the dance and learn technique and control. Whatever score you personally thought it was worth, tonight we saw a beautiful, elegant, controlled dance that he clearly loved doing.

I don't know what his vote is, and because I am always watching the show a bit later on, on I-playe, I miss the voting slot (why is it such a narrow time frame? Rhetorical question - I know the answer and it makes me a little bit Evil or Very Mad ). Therefore I haven't been able to do anything - but he gets my vote.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:46 pm

Who has what dances left to do?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:35 am

B4p wrote:Who has what dances left to do?

Caroline and Pasha - Argentine Tango (confirmed as next), Viennese Waltz, Salsa

Frankie and Kevin - Salsa (confirmed as next), Rumba, Argentine Tango,

Jake and Janette - Cha Cha Cha, Charleston, Foxtrot

Mark and Karen - Foxtrot, Rhumba, Viennese Waltz

Pixie and Trent - Salsa, Argentine Tango, Cha Cha Cha

Simon and Kristina - American Smooth (confirmed as next), Samba, Foxtrot

I reckon this'll be another strong week for Caroline....she's so good with her legs, I can see a great AT.

Frankie might struggle a bit with the Salsa.

Jake has 2 very technical dances left...and then the carefree characterful Charleston which I think will bring out the best in him.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:45 am

Thanks Sid, that's useful to know. The music will be crucial next week. Let's see who gets stitched up this week.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:38 am

B4p wrote:Thanks Sid, that's useful to know. The music will be crucial next week. Let's see who gets stitched up this week.  

Not only the music, but also which dances are left. Jake and Mark look vulnerable, Jake could pull off a wow charleston and be left with two difficult ones, or if he can master them have a blinder left up his sleeve for the final.
Mark is running out of places to hide with what he's got left.
Simon will do a wow AS this week I'm sure but is left with tricky ones
Which leaves the girls....
Agree with you Sid, I think Caroline will do a great AT. Pasha does great choreography and I'm really beginning to like these two
Frankie seems shoehorned into the final even if she struggles this week. I can see a Rachel -esque rumba and AT  which might just lift her the glitter-ball
Pixie will be good at them all and still has AT up her sleeve....I don't personally connect with her and I wonder how many others feel this way?

It's all very interesting stuff, this week will be a test of fan base I reckon, because I think it will be Mark + ???? in the DO.... Oh no my crystal ball has gone cloudy, hate it when that happens.
Mystic Alls signing off x

Or as B4 says it will all go t*ts up with rubbish music and my predictions are null and void Wink
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:12 am

The vulnerable dancers left at the mo are the men and favourite to go has to be Mark as he has been in multiple dance-offs (more than Simon and Jake). Mark's best hope is if he avoids the Rumba as I could see that being awful. By his own admittance he tends to rush dances and in the Rumba you just cannot do that - I see his strengths as being more in the quick latin dances. Jake is more competent and I could see him putting those hips to good use in the Charleston with all those swivels needed but my only fear is could he interpret the quirkiness of the dance as it is quite different from the tried and trusted - mean and moody. Simon I think is in calmer waters now - he has settled down and seems to be really enjoying himself now and actually looks like he wants to be there and with it his dance talent has come through greatly in recent weeks. I see him coping with his American Smooth with great panache this week - enough to keep him out of the danger zone.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:37 pm

Assuming they perform 2 dances next week, is this going to be the first time in a while the couples complete all the dances? In the past I seem to remember they always skipped one...and I think during Louis' year they skipped 2!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Which Dance This Week? - Page 14 Empty Re: Which dance this week?

Post  Poppetlovestango Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:35 pm

Sid wrote
Caroline and Pasha - Argentine Tango (confirmed as next), Viennese Waltz, Salsa
Frankie and Kevin - Salsa (confirmed as next), Rumba, Argentine Tango,
Jake and Janette - Cha Cha Cha, Charleston, Foxtrot
Mark and Karen - Foxtrot, Rhumba, Viennese Waltz
Pixie and Trent - Salsa, Argentine Tango, Cha Cha Cha
Simon and Kristina - American Smooth (confirmed as next), Samba, Foxtrot

Sid sorry to be picky but I think you have missed a remaining dance off your list. (they have only danced 10/14)

Caroline - Foxtrot
Frankie - American Smooth
Jake - Vienesse Waltz
Mark - Argentine Tango
Pixie - American Smooth
Simon - Cha cha cha
Embarassed
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:50 pm

Thanks Poppet! It did seem like the lists were shorter than they should be. Looks like the couples will be skipping a dance then. Sorry everybody!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:55 pm

I don't know whether it is irrelevant here or not but this series has been a couple light - as in only 15 when there are usually 16 couples.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:32 pm

So, on Saturday, according to the oracle the couples are doing a "Will couple number ?? please leave the floor" and being marked from one point to six as they do so. Just exactly how much it affects the scores I'm not sure as I'm more Pie and chips then Pythagorus, but that's what's happening. Keeping in mind the ones left, some shocks may be on the cards. study
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:34 pm

Don't they usually do a swingathon in the semi finals? Mmmm pie and chips yum but could i have a pastie and chips!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:58 pm

It may be that with three dances left that each couple have not performed there may be one that they don't get to perform?

It is definitely only one dance this week as they are doing a 'waltz'- 'will you please leave the floor' routine. So they would have to do two dances in the semi-final to get through all three - not sure that this happened last year????? What happened?? Help me out guys I can't remember? confused

I know that two years ago the 'Fusion' week took place which replaced a 'normal' week - think that was in the semi-final?

Bring back the old days when the semi-final was one remaining dance and everyone doing an Argentine Tango I say.................. it was brilliant wasn't it? A real test of skill.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:06 pm

Just forgot to say that although Caroline will cope well with AT - I think Salsa would be more her bag being a real latin girl.

They definitely won't get through all the dances because the final is made up of existing dances don't forget - 1. Judges choice 2. Showdance 3.Couples favourite.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:58 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Bring back the old days when the semi-final was one remaining dance and everyone doing an Argentine Tango I say.................. it was brilliant wasn't it?  A real test of skill.

Seconded mauve. It was also something for the couples to really aim for and get excited about (like another Blackpool, almost!).

saxonsiren wrote:Don't they usually do a swingathon in the semi finals? Mmmm pie and chips yum but could i have a pastie and chips!

Or as I like to call it, the Rigathon Razz

I do think it's quarters they usually do it though sax as I remember Anita (who I was very supportive of) got to do it and she deffo didn't get to the semi finals.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:17 pm

Week 11 Dances, Tunes & Youtube Clips

Caroline and Pasha - Argentine Tango to the Traditional Version of ‘La Cumparsita’.
https://youtu.be/LkfzK_nX-QM

Frankie and Kevin - Salsa to the Freemasons’ Remix of ‘Work’ by Kelly Rowland.
https://youtu.be/py_PavqqOao

Pixie and Trent - Cha Cha to the Glee Cast version of ‘Love Shack’.
https://youtu.be/QrONU5nZl6c

Simon and Kristina - American Smooth to ‘Heartache Tonight’ by Michael Buble.
https://youtu.be/Enq4iOXH_Ro

Mark and Karen - Foxtrot to ‘L-O-V-E’ by Nat King Cole.
https://youtu.be/JErVP6xLZwg

Jake and Janette - Charleston to ‘Entry of the Gladiators’ by Ken Griffin’s Circus Band.
https://youtu.be/KUnmScRXWyU
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:25 pm

Atrocious music for Jake, again!

Meanwhile, Caroline's run of good dances / music continues...

I think this is the first time Pixie or Frankie will hit the bottom two as what they're dancing and dancing to is fairly uninspiring.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:26 pm

Love Shack affraid I so dislike this sing over played and used. Thou some music choices this week better.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:20 pm

Oh no I can see a theme overload for Jake !! Might be popular with GBP  but I would think it difficult to do a charleston to such a strong marching beat? scratch

Last edited by allsewnonbyhand on Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next