Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Dance This Week?

+13
Poppetlovestango
TANGOLERO
Sid
lualen
allsewnonbyhand
fiftynotout
diamondsandpearls
Wallflower
hatlady28
cellar-door
saxonsiren
mauveangel09
B4p
17 posters

Page 26 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26

Go down

Which Dance This Week? - Page 26 Empty Re: Which Dance This Week?

Post  saxonsiren Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:44 pm

Oh dear I really dislike that song! I will Survive. No
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:18 pm

Obviously going for the gay vote with that one Wink
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Which Dance This Week? - Page 26 Empty Re: It Takes Two 2015: Which Dance this Week

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:54 pm

I will Survive   - good old party classic , typical 'Works Christmas Do' song and I'm sure we've all got going to it on a dance floor somewhere sometime - but to me it just screams disco and the hustle and classic New York - not cha cha at all - sounds like they needed something at short notice! Although I feel robbed at not getting another Argentine Tango  (only 3 this series) I don't mind seeing another cha cha at this stage, it might be my imagination but we seemed to see most of the latin earlier in the contest this year, however, I would have liked a much better latin dance track for Georgia, as I think she will do a decent dance, she is one of those few who I feel has mastered latin and ballroom equally, their samba was excellent.

I love 'Runaway' by the Corrs - haven't heard it for a long time - I've got happy memories of a trip around Ireland listening to the Corrs when they were in the heyday of their popularity............Isn't music wonderful as to how it means something different to all of us and it becomes a real memory as much as say a photograph does.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:19 pm

Sid wrote:Obviously going for the gay vote with that one Wink

As a song, I will Survive is a classic Sid, along with Freda Payne's Band of Gold. I think both are fantastic, but they are Motown soul stuff.. My point is that the Cha Cha is Cuban latin and a child of the dance hall and using songs like Survive seems more than a bit of somebody trying to prove a point by cramming not only the wrong lyrics but the wrong rythmn. Cha Cha is actually 2-3-cha-cha 1. That Georgia is not only deprived of an Argentine Tango but has had it rplaced thus is amazingly bad work by somebody.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:44 am

I wonder if we went through the series from the start would we have a top ten of favourite songs/soundtracks/classical? It seems certain tunes are played regularly.
I'm a rarity I disliked the track I will Survive, overawed in my view and used a lot by divorcees,ex partners as a signature song. I recall it being used for Mrs Bovey after Anthem Turner and Mr Bovey all over the papers.....

If we have another series can we have a vote for viewers at the launch show for music choices please or a professional hired for their musicality skills....... less props and put in Kevin's contract No TABLES ever.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:00 am

TANGOLERO wrote:

As a song, I will Survive is a classic Sid, along with Freda Payne's Band of Gold. I think both are fantastic, but they are Motown soul stuff.. My point is that the Cha Cha is Cuban latin and a child of the dance hall and using songs like Survive seems more than a bit of somebody trying to prove a point by cramming not only the wrong lyrics but the wrong rythmn. Cha Cha is actually 2-3-cha-cha 1. That Georgia is not only deprived of an Argentine Tango but has had it rplaced thus is amazingly bad work by somebody.

I know Mr T, was just kidding! It's the wrong beat for Cha Cha.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:15 pm

Sid wrote:Semi-Final Music:

Anita & Gleb will dance the Foxtrot to Frank Sinatra’s ‘New York, New York’ as well as perform a Salsa to ‘Feel This Moment’ by Pitbull feat. Christina Aguilera.

Georgia & Giovanni will dance a Viennese Waltz to ‘Runaway’ by The Corrs plus they will dance an Argentine Tango to ‘Tanguera’ by Sexeto Mayor.

Jay & Aliona are going to Charleston to ‘Doctor Jazz’ from musical Jelly’s Last Jam and perform a Viennese Waltz to Bryan Adams’ ‘Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman’?

Katie & Housewives choice are dancing the Waltz to ‘O Mio Babbino Caro’ by Puccini as well as dance the Charleston to ‘Too Darn Hot’ from the musical Kiss Me Kate.

Kellie & Kevin are performing the American Smooth to ‘Let’s Face The Music And Dance’ by Irving Berlin plus they will perform a Rumba to ‘Songbird’ by Eva Cassidy.

Katie and A.nton are going to steal the show with Puccini!

The stand-outs for me in that list is New York New York for Anita and Gleb. Will Gleb to the classic justice though? Hmm that remains to be seen. Let's Face The Music and Dance for Kellie and Kevin could make or break it for this team. It is an iconic dance and since I doubt Kellie has a top notch Rumba in her then Kevin better choreograph their American Smooth to a high level or else Kellie will be in the dance-off and hot favourite for the chop.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Which Dance This Week? - Page 26 Empty Re Which Dances This week

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:34 pm

saxonsiren wrote:

If we have another series can we have a vote for viewers at the launch show for music choices please  or a professional hired for their musicality skills....... less props and put in Kevin's contract No TABLES ever.

Great idea Sax - it would be great if every now and then in the series there could be a 'viewers choice' track - something for Strictly Towers?

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:41 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I wonder if we went through the series from the start would we have a top ten of favourite songs/soundtracks/classical? It seems certain tunes are played regularly.
I'm a rarity I disliked the track I will Survive,  overawed in my view and used a lot by divorcees,ex partners as a signature song. I recall it being used for Mrs Bovey after Anthem Turner and Mr Bovey  all over the papers.....

If we have another series can we have a vote for viewers at the launch show for music choices please  or a professional hired for their musicality skills....... less props and put in Kevin's contract No TABLES ever.

Yes, yes and YES!!!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Which Dance This Week? - Page 26 Empty Which Dance This Week?

Post  Poppetlovestango Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:51 am

1st up SHOW DANCES

Georgia and Giovanni will be performing to ‘Fix You’ by Coldplay.
Jay and Aliona will be performing to ‘Can’t Feel My Face’ by The Weeknd.
Katie and Housewives choice will be performing ‘O Fortuna’ by Carl Orff.
Kellie and Kevin will be performing to ‘Ding-Dong Daddy of the D-Car Line’ by Cherry Poppin’ Daddies

Sadly I only know one tune and that's 'O Fortuna', should make watching Saturday interesting. Surprised
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:46 pm

Gorgia and Gio, Dreary stuff, please not a rumba.….
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4V3Mo61fJM

Jay Aliona..Can’t feel my face…the weekend. Lively.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqt8Z1k0oWQ

Katie and Housewives choice. Great music of the epic variety if it wasn’t battered to death. Strictly dances to Gladiator doing X factor. Housewives choice will surely wear tie and tails?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXFSK0ogeg4

Kelly and Kev Feels like a fast jazz-based jive dance planned dancing on tables..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiyWTqvI1b4
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:35 pm

I read Joanne's used that track for Showdances she's done so I'm keen to see what Kellie and Kevin do, no doubt little sis will have given them some ideas. It should be good - imagining a mix of Jive and Lindy Hop.

Oh A.nton, I don't know whether you chose this or it was foisted on you but Katie and Paso don't go. She'll never live up to the song, too big for her.

Jay's seems a bit uninspiring. Georgia's, I dunno, I'm a bit bored of wafty contemporary stuff.

Expecting K&K to win the Showdance round.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:52 pm

Sid wrote:

Oh A.nton, I don't know whether you chose this or it was foisted on you but Katie and Paso don't go. She'll never live up to the song, too big for her.

See what you mean sid, but A nton may just box clever and do what he did with the rumba. If he keeps it simple for Katie and keeps it from over elaboration from himself it might just work. I'm more worried about A nton actually in Paso then Katie. He does tend to go all El Cordobes and I worry he may just take off in a paso quatro and finish up in somebody's lap in row three. Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:52 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

See what you mean sid, but A nton may just box clever and do what he did with the rumba. If he keeps it simple for Katie and keeps it from over elaboration from himself it might just work. I'm more worried about A nton actually in Paso then Katie. He does tend to go all El Cordobes and I worry he may just take off in a paso quatro and finish up in somebody's lap in row three. Wink

lol!

I just think it's a very dramatic piece and Katie won't be able to embody the music. Still, let's see.

Did you know Jay's not reprising his Jive? "Our Jive was such a perfect moment for @JayMcGuiness & I that we'd love to keep it as that in everyone's memory" (barf!). Really odd decision. Bit like going to see your favourite band and they don't perform their most iconic song!

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Which Dance This Week? - Page 26 Empty Re Which Dances This week

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:02 pm

Sid wrote:

Expecting K&K to win the Showdance round.

Yes S id - having seen ITT tonight I am inclined to agree with you - their routine seems different and full of spirit but who knows?
See what you mean about K atie and A nton - this one has been done a few times on SCD hasn't it? but Ian said tonight that it looked like it went into a bit of a Tango and they did well on their Tango - hope they do well and don't have to go out first!!!!

Very surprised that Jay and Aliona won't be reprising their jive in 'their favourite dance' section? confused

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:18 am

Oh hells bells - what are people playing at???

Coldplay... COLD. PLAY???? And their dirgiest number at that. For a showdance? I had such great hopes for Georgia. Dashed now - like a lured ship on the Cornish coast in Poldark...

O Fortuna (not Bryan I hope).... As people have said -massive song for both A.nton and Katie to rise to. They needed an old classic Hollywood number that could have included elements of tango and AT...

That Weekend song -I find it bland -neither upbeat nor dreamy. Have no idea what they will do with that, but I have no doubt Aliona has sent Jay to circus school so that he can dazzle us with some acrobatics to music...

Which leaves the only appropriate song in the pack, which lends itself to a fun-packed, showstopping fusion of jive, lindyhop and even Charleston. The others may as well save themselves the time and effort of choreographing/learning a new routine - this is the only one that I have any interest in watching (although if GG were doing O fortuna I would be looking forward to that immensely...). This round is in the bag for KK (unless any tables are included...)

SO deflated with this set of tunes. Show stopping in an entirely different way Sad Sad
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:16 am

diamondsandpearls wrote:Coldplay...  COLD. PLAY???? And their dirgiest number at that. For a showdance? I had such great hopes for Georgia. Dashed now - like a lured ship on the Cornish coast in Poldark...

Oh I need some Poldark back in my life! Can't wait for it to return. Will help soothe my post-Strictly blues (although, having said that, will kinda be glad to see the back of this series!).
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:47 am

Sid wrote:

Oh I need some Poldark back in my life! Can't wait for it to return. Will help soothe my post-Strictly blues (although, having said that, will kinda be glad to see the back of this series!).

Mmm Poldark I love you
Back to reality, I've just been catching up on ITT this week. I think KK have lucked out on the Showdance music, I reckon they're going to smash that round. Not convinced about A.nton and Katie, and whether she can pull it off. As for the other two, well, unless GG put in a beautiful moving performance it could be totally unforgettable and I'm not sure what to make of Jay's. I am prepared to be dazzled by any of them, I hope it will be a hard choice for my votes, Basketball
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:16 pm

A few last chance observations based on the training clips:

Amazingly, they are all looking frighteningly competent. If nerves don't come in (which they well may do) it could be a right down to the wire thing.

A nton and Katie may have the flash dance, but also the hardest job to impress unless it's really spectacular. A trembly affair. A nton needs to be a little more Henry Higgins (the matador and not the professor) than Fred Astaire, in the paso, and save the latter for tie and tails stuff. He looked a little uncertain in training, but maybe it was just concentration. Something special needed to make the last three.

Georgia has a thoroughbred look about her, seems to be taking it all deadly serious and also looks quite spectacular in the clip. Gio not quite so. Get a shirt on man.

K&K have a great chance to get the audience going and on their side. Costume can make or break this becuse I'm seeing it as a wow dance. Kellie has raced from the back of the pack to challenge at the post.

Jay is worrying me a little. He seems to be ovedoing the arm extensions and, as a big bloke will have to watch that. I really hope he isn't thinking about his arm movements and just letting it happen naturally and not doing a Stavros Flatley. He looked a bit like a Lancasater Bomber coming in to land at one point. The rest looks dazzling.

This should be one of the closest and best finals ever. cheers
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:10 am

My one fear will be how many 5ables can Kevin incorporate into his show dance!No
A.non and Katie will enjoy and relish every minute of his first final
Georgia will smile throughout
Jay will try and look not too bothered.

A better equal final this year
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:53 am

saxonsiren wrote:My one fear will be how many 5ables can Kevin incorporate into his show dance!No
A.non and Katie will enjoy and relish every  minute of his first final
Georgia will smile throughout
Jay will try and look not too bothered.

A better equal final  this year

And then, of course, up pop the G.B.P like a well-timed pantomime villain to screw everything up... Suspect

lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Which Dance This Week? - Page 26 Empty Re: Which Dances this week

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:24 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

And then, of course, up pop the G.B.P like a well-timed pantomime villain to screw everything up... Suspect

lol!

Abso-bloomin-lutely Mr T!!!! Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26