Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Presenters

+9
cellar-door
hatlady28
mauveangel09
Poppetlovestango
saxonsiren
B4p
lualen
allsewnonbyhand
Sid
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Presenters - Page 2 Empty Re: Presenters

Post  B4p Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:43 am

Don't forget the other 'Presenters' slot at the bottom of the home page
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:14 am

Oh B4P......you are so right, I obviously didn't scroll down far enough initially. I never would have added this thread. I don't suppose there is any way to close this one?
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:43 am

mauveangel09 wrote:I think it is really unfair that the judges watch the whole of the the dress rehearsal - doesn't seem right to me.

Well, I don't think it's that unusual (or unfair) for a predominently entertainment show such as Strictly for the 'judges' to watch the full dress rehearsal. Only hope they don't then fall asleep during the actual performance and gave their critiques based on what they saw earlier, that would be jarring.

I find Darcey a little strange now. She'll pause mid-sentence, as if she's lost her train of thought, and then say something mildly sleezy or inappropriate and then laughed luridly. What's wrong with her?
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:58 pm

But why do the judges need to watch the dress run? I can't see a reason for it and makes me wonder whether sometimes they're not marking solely based on what they see on the live show but influenced by what came before / what could have been.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:06 pm

Sid wrote:But why do the judges need to watch the dress run? I can't see a reason for it and makes me wonder whether sometimes they're not marking solely based on what they see on the live show but influenced by what came before / what could have been.

I believe so far only Darcey said (or I read somewhere) she watched the dress rehearsal.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:06 pm

I sneaked under the judges door and hid under the oilcloth to try and get an insight into their thinking. This is what I heard:

L en: I'll just just tell em, "Ya cam art here and give it yer all". If it's rubish, "It was so bad my walnuts shrivelled I'll use "faffing about" or...It was so good I nearly got me maraccas out. Good job, well done. I've got a new one just waiting to pop art..." you crushed me cauliflours!...listen out for it."

Darcy: Ooooooooh er, Yahhhhh!

B runo: Shall I stick with rambling about hips and do my Carmen Miranda hand jive? I should really, because I want the audience to see my new cuff-links"

L en: Not for a jive Silver tongued Italian Stallion. Use the words " kicks and flicks a lot" and think of Spaghetti meatballs bouncing round yer plate.If it's latin, give it a bit of "Oooh, er missus" and roll yer eyes abart" ,,"Oh.and stop waving yer arms about, will ya. Yer cracked me earhole twice last week..and stop doing that thing with yer marth. Looks like you've mistaken a chlorine tablet fer a polo mint in the swimming barths."

D arcy.....Har, har....Yaaahhh.

C raig: I'll be expecting the whole shebang to be a complete disarster dahling. I can't see one of them being other than utterly useless. I mean, have you seen their hands? I've seen better hands on a grandfather clock Dahling....and those bums...I mean the men look like they're playing leap-frog and I'm not sure if xxxxxx is doing a tango or a limbo dance. I doubt if I'll need more than a four paddle tonight"

D arcy..Ha, ha....yahhh.

L en. "D arcy, find another word for "core" will ya? Every time yer say it I expect to see somebody's split their strides" Just give one more mark then C raig unless the audience are on their feet, then give two more." Failing that, just muble abart sexy or summat!"

"Okay, yahh"

"Right, let's get at em. SEVERN....."

Darcy...Yaaaaaaahhhhhh.

cheers

TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:12 pm

Be careful, TangoL, the Sun or Mirror might actually think you are one of their oft-quoted 'insiders'. Very Happy
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Presenters - Page 2 Empty Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:16 pm

Priceless Mr T Yaaah lol!

CD - Thinking about D arcey, I know what you mean - I've always found her a bit vague - with marks that don't always match the comments but she always used to try to say something constructive and not be overly partisan, but you are right she just seems to be more vague than ever this year and falls back on devouring the men with her eyes and body language - getting very 'A rlene' in that respect I think?

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:35 pm

lol! love it Mr T .Do we get an insight to the 'After Party' in the green room Very Happy
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:17 pm

lol! Mr Ta! Loved your Darcey bits Laughing

Arlene's lusting over the men did get on my wick but I felt she at least had her own opinions and occasionally gave what seemed like decent advice. Darcey more and more opens with "the boys are right" as if she couldn't think of her own critique, and then add something waffley that no one takes any notice of. She's becoming a bit surplus to requirement. She hasn't proved to be much better than Alesha. I'd replace her.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:12 pm

I do feel a fifth judge would shake up the panel and dynamics of the show. A.nton or E.rin,Flavia all be good choices.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:12 pm

Cr aig made a comment in one of the papers that he looked forward to the time when An ton will hang up his dance shoes and sit next to him on the judging panel. Wishful thinking or next years plan?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:15 pm

B4p wrote:Cr aig made a comment in one of the papers that he looked forward to the time when An ton will hang up his dance shoes and sit next to him on the judging panel. Wishful thinking or next years plan?

You could have a point there.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:35 pm

B4p wrote:Cr aig made a comment in one of the papers that he looked forward to the time when An ton will hang up his dance shoes and sit next to him on the judging panel. Wishful thinking or next years plan?

Is L.en retiring? I really hope so. He's getting boring now with all those soundbites..
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:47 pm

L ens on BBC1 at the moment (3.45pm) hosting a holiday memory programme
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:07 pm

I was on holiday from work last week and I saw the Holiday Memories programme that L en did with Arlene. Tuesday or Wednesday? They had some good conversations about dance and what brought her into the dance world as a young girl - she was also candid about SCD saying what a shock it was being dropped and how it affected her at the time.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:28 pm

I think Zoe did a cracking job at short notice. It's obvious from the dancers reaction in the scoreditorium that she gets on well with them all. Poor girl looked a bit tense on the dance floor with T ess. Hope Claude's back soon
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:30 pm

B4p wrote:I think Zoe did a cracking job at short notice. It's obvious from the dancers reaction in the scoreditorium that she gets on well with them all. Poor girl looked a bit tense on the dance floor with T ess. Hope Claude's back soon

It was blond overload in the beginning. I hope Claudia is back soon. Zoe surely got well with them, after all she interviewed them on ITT on weeknights.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:38 pm

I agree CD. The dancers must also see Karen Hardy every week on ITT, but I doubt she'd have the same relationship with them as Zoe tonight if Karen was put into the score box
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:41 pm

B4p wrote:I agree CD. The dancers must also see Karen Hardy every week on ITT, but I doubt she'd have the same relationship with them as Zoe tonight if Karen  was put into the score box

But to be fair, Karen Hardy is not 'trained' as a presenter, Zoe is. So she's more relatable compared with Karen Hardy to be sure...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:54 pm

Fair point Smile
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Presenters - Page 2 Empty Re; Presenters

Post  Poppetlovestango Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:55 pm

Thought Zoe did a great job tonight, shame her dress was too long and she had to keep hitching it up.

Hope Claud's little one gets better soon.
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:06 pm

I thought Zoe was majestic - very professional to step in like that at the last minute and do such a good job.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  lualen Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:09 pm

Can Zoe come back next week please!!!!!
lualen
lualen

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:11 pm

Her I go upsetting apple-carts again. Hope the B.B.C have their sights set on A nton as the next compere. I know lots love Tess, Claudia, Zoe etc, but A nton is a total natural, understands dance and music and has bags of relaxed personality. His age means he hasn't all that long in competitiive mode in the show and for me, he'd be an ideal choice.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next