Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Little Bit of Honesty.

+16
Poppetlovestango
hatlady28
B4p
diamondsandpearls
fiftynotout
allsewnonbyhand
cellar-door
1superken
mauveangel09
TANGOLERO
Sid
saxonsiren
CaledonianCraig
lualen
Wallflower
Tina Sparkle
20 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 40 Empty Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:35 pm

wise words S id I love you

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 40 Empty Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  B4p Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:49 pm

Thanks for fishing out the dance list sid. It certainly gave me food for thought. study

I'm all rhumbed out. Sick of it. Fed up of cringing behind the cushion, or peering through my fingers. From now on, I'm going to associate 'let's get ready to Rhumba' with either having a hip action/porcelain interface, or some armography over the teapot time. Mad
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:00 pm

Umm so it looks like we're having a Quickstepathon this year Shocked

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2015/48/strictly-come-dancing
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:56 am

Riduculous. Car crash TV
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:45 am

I'm bored already and I haven't seen it yet. Stupid idea
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:46 pm

Just when dance was winning....Is this one of those stupid: "Will couple one-hundred please leave the floor" things where the judges can kll at will?
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:40 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Just when dance was winning....Is this one of those stupid: "Will couple one-hundred please leave the floor" things where the judges can kll at will?

Less Quickstepathon and more Quickfixtheleaderboard Razz
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:05 pm

Sid wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking too...
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:31 pm

Sid wrote:

Quite!
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:41 pm

Hi darlings! Sorry, SO late to the party but was tied up in big birthday shenanigans for my mother who lives somewhere east of Neptune and it takes whole weeks to get there and back again, not to mention all the time and energy involved in doing all the catering and showing everyone the correct dance moves to Living La Vida Loca...

But I'm all caught up now. I've read a few of your reviews of the weekend and basically Sid said what I wanted to say best about Peter Andre, ie good but not ten-worthy and Sophe's was better; and Tina Sparkle said perfectly what I needed to say about Kelly, ie ugly costume and costumes do attract or detract from the dance) and something not quite there. Still surprised she was in the dance off though (I think as it wasn't memorable people forgot to vote for them, maybe?)

But can I just say in addition that I really liked Helen's not very Rumba-esque rumba. It was entirely watchable and didn't have me writhing in embarrassment or hiding behind the sofa with the cringe-worthiness of it al - as rumbas so often do. (The one exception was of course the superb, and probably insurpassable, rumba done by Vincent and Rachel). I usually find Helen's legs to coltishly long to be truly elegant but the moves in this one made the most of those long legs. If not doing rumba moves makes a rumba actually bearable perhaps the World Dancing Federation of Ballroom Rules (or whatever it's called these days) can revisit what constitutes a rumba and start changing the rules. I'm sure Aljaz would be very pleased to act as consultant for a small fee... So I really don't care that it wasn't rumba-ish enough - the fact that it wasn't scores extra points from me. Not a fan of non-pro rumbas me. And not really much of a fan of the pro ones either - as Marian Keyes said - all that dithering around - I love you - you can't have me - oh maybe you can - well I don't think I want you anymore - oh please love me, please - no I can't, I have to go away and work on an oil rig for two years and can't make a commitment- exit forlornly with slightly dragging (yet pointed) feet. Utter dance tosh.

Oh, you have no idea how wonderful it feels to get that all off my chest!

Ahem, back to Saturday...

Georgia - that was a good 'un - me and the aged mother broke into spontaneous applause. Wasn't sure of Giovanni at first but warming to him and infinitely prefer him to glib Gleb.

Anita - she's another trier. Not as earnest as Andre (who, apart form Donovan, could possibly be?) but still wants it very much. Saw her on Comic Relief Bake Off and she is so very competitive. There is something a little hard about her that I can't really explain. But her jive was as bouncy as a trampoline and she has loads and loads of energy. There was a little odd mo at the end when she tried to kiss Gleb (on the cheek I mean) and he moved. A tad awkward. But v quickly brushed over....

A word on the presenters - Tess's cold sounded awful and I thought she was v brave (You can call me Sir from now on would have had the night off. Though I suppose at 128 or whatever a cold is a bit more dangerous). And Claud, who I adore, has clearly been a bitch to Vicky Gill as she got not one but two horrendous dresses to wear. Best send Vicky a nice box of choccies Claud (and Kelly might like to take that hint too. No, no, don't thank me - it's all free and done from love)

If I'm honest I'm feeling a bit flat about it all now. Was underwhelmed by the Argentine tango (seems it was just me who didn't notice the blue lighting - I just thought they were wearing all midnight blue and Aliona had a lot of dark blue eyeshadow on....) - I missed the ganchos as much as I miss my granny at Christmas (that's very a lot). Ditto KK's Waltz. And feeling sad for Katie - I still think she can do it, but all her confidence is gone. Oh - haven't mentioned Jamelia..... I actually preferred her waltz to Kelly's even with Guitargate and less overall accomplishment. And most definitely a better dress than Kelly's (must have been sucking up to Vicky after the horrible halloween cozzie of last week).

I think my over-riding problem is that I don't actually feel any real warmth towards any of the ones that are good. Andre - insincere crawly bum-lick speechifier, Helen - shiny, too Cindy doll-like, Jay - very wooden once he stops dancing, Kelly - too shrieky and not stern enough with wardrobe, Georgia - too girly and a bit irritating (though out of them all I think her dances are becoming ever more astonishing), Anita - wants so much to be top of the class and slurps over Gleb... I don't want any of them to win to be honest.

Well, darlings, I think I've said my piece. Apologies for wanging on for so long, but I needed a release after the strain of a long weekend east of Neptune, with the mother-ship.....
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:24 am

rendeer flower lol!

Loved your review diamonds and belated birthday wishes for your mom
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:30 pm

Just for the hell of it, I'd like to see what would happen if each contestant was left alone in  the dance studio and told to just warm up for a while as their partners had been delayed. Have a couple of hidden cameras watch what happens when the sound system suddenly plays something they can relate to dance-wise, say a version of Sway, then something they can't, maybe Bolero, or a paso-doble. How would they react? In such a situation, and not being a stranger to a few dance studios over the years (although rarely alone) dancers of all types tend to relate to the music and just ....dance. What do you imagine our current crop might do if faced with that, music, mirrors and a large empty floor? Individually, of course. Views?

Last edited by TANGOLERO on Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:35 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:
Well, darlings, I think I've said my piece. Apologies for wanging on for so long, but I needed a release after the strain of a long weekend east of Neptune, with the mother-ship.....

Wang on for as long you like diamonds, you gave me loads of lolz and nodding-along-vigorously moments!

I'm struggling to invest in them too. There's something about each of them that irks.

Kellie's too desperate and needy. Peter I've renamed Smarmite. I want to yank Helen's nylon hair extensions out. Anita has a touch of the Gabby Logans. I need Georgia to start speaking like a grown-up. And I need the audience to stop 'aww-ing' Jay like a pet.

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:25 pm

Oh no argument from me, either. I'm going to re-christian Peter Uriah Heap because he's too "umble" and smarmy. Kelly, I don't know, there's just something about her that turns me off. Perhaps it's because she used to play Kate Aldridge and I always heartily loathed Kate (very unfair if that's the reason but I can't help it!). Helen is a bit too china doll like for me. She seems very brittle and all surface somehow. Georgia needs to drop the little girl bit - I found out that she's 24 for heavens sake - I thought that she was about 17 from the way she behaved. Jay seems a nice enough lad, but there's not a great deal of personality coming through.

Perhaps they'll all become a bit more real once the real competition starts.
Tina Sparkle
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:33 pm

lol! Tina and Sid!

Helen is creepily doll like and I hate China dolls they give me the willies. I think you all know what I think about Peter brown nose ( if we had the iPhone emoticons he would be the nose and the poo! )
I don't find Georgia quite as annoying as the rest of you and I like her dancing - I still have a mum crush on Jay and love his dancing, so either of those winning would be fine with me.

allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 40 Empty Re: A little bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:15 pm

Yes you have all summed it up very nicely why we feel the way we feel this year - because there is something that irks about each one of them.

Like Fifty - out of the bunch I am getting to quite enjoy Georgia and Giovanni - I am still hoping against hope that K atie and A nton will last a bit longer and I am always keen to see what A nita and Gleb do every week.

Even though I have enjoyed some of her ballroom dances, I just can't warm to Helen and I find the partnership with Alijaz lacks charisma.
As for K and K...........

For the second week running Uriah (LOL at that nickname - it really suits) and Georgia have got the best music IMO.
Even if Uriah slaughters the VW - people will (rightly) love a bit of Cilla and he will blag through it - I loved what Ian said on ITT that he didn't think he would be getting any '10's this week.................... Very Happy

-------

https://scdbbc.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=993

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40