Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Musical Choices

+2
saxonsiren
CaledonianCraig
6 posters

Go down

Musical Choices Empty Musical Choices

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:01 pm

Apologies in advance if there is another topic elsewhere but have read posters saying that the musical He is. And we obey him. chosen for couples is done by a BBC employee. For me that is just wrong. Surely, to create even more creativity from the couples the decision should lie with the professional dancer - it should be their choice of music they dance to and not the guff given to them by someone who does not have a clue.

I am sceptical as to why the music is allocated in this way and it always strikes me that it is manipulative. The joke dancers ie Scott seemed to get served up very good musical pieces ideal for the type of dance he had whilst that is not the case for others. Coincedence or are the BBC running a handicap system?

What are your thoughts?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Musical Choices Empty Re: Musical Choices

Post  saxonsiren Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:28 pm

If it is Im amazed and angry re musicality choices left to a randon bbc employee! Why not have a panel of pro dancers each year and ask them to select music selections for all the dances?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:37 pm

I think they are given the music by the production team CC - and IMO they are totally losing their way with it...................
Apparently there is much influence from DWTS nowadays but it is not working and some of the routines are just becoming caractures IMO.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:41 pm

I don't know who's doing it (thought definitely NOT the pros) but whoever it is, they should be tortured at some length to recompense for the torture I have endured this series, culminating in the beyond-awful AT to Zorba the Greek. That did not work on any level, whatsoever.

Music choice is key for the success and enjoyment of the dance by all concerned - participants and audience alike. The people who choreograph the dances should choose the music. End of.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  1superken Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:14 pm

On Masterchef they have a round where everyone cooks whatever they want , it shows who the best is & it,s a level playing field
They also have a round where everyone unprepared cooks with scraps / leftovers , it shows who,s the most versatile &it,s a level playing field
They don't have a round , luckily , where they say some of you have veal to make a dish , but some of you have to make a better dish with this tin of Spam , maybe cos it would be obvious & tell them nothing & a level playing field it,s most certainly not .

Theme,s , music , hide manipulation & favouritism only so far , the public can still win & they will Laughing
1superken
1superken

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:24 am

diamondsandpearls wrote:I don't know who's doing it (thought definitely NOT the pros) but whoever it is, they should be tortured at some length to recompense for the torture I have endured this series, culminating in the beyond-awful AT to Zorba the Greek.  That did not work on any level, whatsoever.

Music choice is key for the success and enjoyment of the dance by all concerned - participants and audience alike. The people who choreograph the dances should choose the music. End of.

Weeks ago I already fanticised tying those responsible for music choice this series up and take off their shoes and then alternating between tickling with feathers and a flame from a bunsen burner... Twisted Evil
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  1superken Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:51 am

cellar-door wrote:

Weeks ago I already fanticised tying those responsible for music choice this series up and take off their shoes and then alternating between tickling with feathers and a flame from a bunsen burner... Twisted Evil

Ive had them same fantasies except with a frosty mop & no feet Twisted Evil
1superken
1superken

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:56 pm

cellar-door wrote:

lol! LOVE this idea!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down