Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2021 ITT Show Presenters

+4
mauveangel09
jingle
saxonsiren
B4p
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2021 ITT Show Presenters Empty 2021 ITT Show Presenters

Post  B4p Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:11 pm

Presenters not confirmed as yet
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2021 ITT Show Presenters Empty Re: 2021 ITT Show Presenters

Post  saxonsiren Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:16 pm

I did enjoy Vernon in I.A.C.G.M.O.O.H and wondered if he might be in the running as male presenter with or without Tess?
C.laudia still love her in amongst the couples rather than joint presenter.

Will Zoe do ITT or more of Rylan?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:03 pm

I think Vernon would be useful. I know he can come across as a bit of an anorak, but on ITT he's always on the ball of who's doing well or their strong/weak points so he obviously takes a keen interest.
B4p
B4p

saxonsiren likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue May 18, 2021 9:51 pm

Apparently Zoe is leaving ITT. This is from her Instagram feed

zoetheball
Verified
Dance lovers, after 10 joyous years I am waltzing away from It Takes Two. As a massive @bbcstrictly fan I have loved spending my Autumn teatimes with the celebrity dancers, the gorgeous & awesome pro dancers, the judges, my girl Vicky Gill, Rylan, Gethin & of course my main man Ian Waite. Time now for some new cha cha challenges. I will continue to support the Strictly family on the Breakfast Show & can’t wait to watch the Class Of 2021 from my sofa. Huge love & grateful thanks to Tess & Claude & the whole Strictly clan, the ITT fans, my Glam Squad, Eve Winstanley, Alex McLeod, the BBC2 gang, & of course the best telly crew ever. I will miss you all immensely. As Iveta would say “Friends for the life“ xx

Doesn't seem like she's been doing the show for 10 years. How time flies

Last edited by B4p on Tue May 18, 2021 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue May 18, 2021 9:56 pm

Swiftly followed by Ian Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

ianjwaite
Verified
Wow! What a incredible jour-ney.
It is with great sadness but also a lot of pride that after ten years presenting Waites Warm Up on #ItTakesTwo the sister show to @bbcstrictly I will be putting away my wand to focus on my dance fitness brand Fitsteps and also my up and coming tour with Vincent Simone The Ballroom Boys. I want to thank all the amazing crew, make up artists, directors, producers, who made it so enjoyable to come in to work. I feel so grateful to have been given the opportunity to work with Strictly since the first year in 2004 and I will continue to support all my supremely talented fellow pro dancers, judges, celebs and look forward to their performances in 2021. This short trip to Dusseldorf would not have been possible without the one and only Zoe Ball who has been the most loyal, loving, caring friend one could wish to have. I will miss you the most but know that we will still see each other a lot in the future. Lastly thank you to all our wonderful ITT fans you are the best! 😘😘😘
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed May 19, 2021 7:23 am

Wow double exit. Ian has been lovely on ITT and 10 years a long time on a TV show these days.
I wish him lots of luck and Zoe too.

I really hope sorry to say Rylan isn't the new replacement.
Kevin due to make a new announcement wondering if he if he will be Ian's replacement?
Could be a new replacement or 2 for Zoe's job. Maybe Rufus and Karen , Kevins sister!?
Or Id love Marion Keyes and Gethin.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Wed May 19, 2021 2:51 pm

Sorry to see Zoe and Ian leave ITT. I really hope Rylan doesn't take over, he speaks so fast that I find it difficult to make out what he's saying. And I felt his interviews tended to be rather shallow, I felt I wasn't 'getting to know' any of the couples. I'd prefer somebody who can do a more searching interview - first thoughts are Ruth Langsford or Mollie King. Though I'd be just as happy with Gethin, he did rather well when he had to stand in for Rylan last year.

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:47 am

So Zoe's replacement has been announced as Janette Manrara. I didn't see that one coming at all, but think she's an excellent choice. I've watched several of her youtube videos before, and she's a natural presenter and very good at interviewing people. I think she'll be perfect for ITT, although it's a job-share with Rylan so only part time.

Wonder who'll fill the vacancy among the female pros.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:43 am

Hi Jingle, yes that was a surprise announcement thou a nice one..Janette like Karen H has calmed down over the last 3 series.
Janette as she advises a natural progression from SCD Pro Dancer to a presenter on ITT.
Id prefer Ryland not to have been Co-Host as his not my cup of tea & his everywhere .

I had thought Miranda Hart, Marian Keyes or Rufus Hound be in the running for Presenter or Co-Presenter.

Iain not sure who might replace him? Id not be keen re Kevin thou Neil yes please but it would mean he wouldn't have a partner.
Other thoughts might be V.incent or Pasha ?

Id like to see less Cheesey segments on ITT. Be nice to have a Junior section each week showcasing new Talent .
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:58 pm

Hi everybody.
I think the whole ITT format will be shaken up this year.

Only just caught up with the news of Janette co-hosting on ITT. I'm open minded and hope she does well in her new role. I wonder if Nancy will take her place amongst the pro dancers.

Will she also be doing choreography corner? Will they still have Ian's Wednesday warm-up or will that have been axed? It was the highlight of the week for me. I preferred it to the Friday night panel (buy my book, CD/DVD, tickets for my latest show).

I'm a bit bored of Gethin's Friday evening interviews with the contestants.
I don't mind Gethin as such, it's the script that is so dull and predictable. I don't think that section says anything that hasn't already been covered in the training clips on ITT through the week.

One thing that BUGS the BEEJEEBAS out of me is the BBC Strictly webpage.
Nothing new on there since Christmas. Come on - it should be the first place fans go to for the latest news.
Searching Social Media for snippets of information gets tiresome.
Surely by now they could name the forthcoming professional dancers, judging panel and provide some ITT updates? It really isn't worth bothering with the BBC site for most of the year.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:33 pm

The new series of ITT is starting on Monday 27th September at 6.30pm on BBC2
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2021 ITT Show Presenters Empty Re: ITT 2021 Show and Presenters

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:47 pm

Hi
As you know I have been an avid fan of ITT over the years although like others on here, I'm not keen on Rylan and have gradually found myself not watching the nights that he was on over the last two series. Last year I tended to watch the interview with the exiting couple on Monday, Choreography Corner on Tuesday and highlight of the week with Waite's Warm-Up on Wednesday - all Zoe's shows! I've long since given up on the Friday night show! Can't see the point of Gethin's involvement in ITT nowadays.

I think the show will really suffer from not retaining the popular dance based items but I'm sure they will want to shake it up a bit and not sure who could replace Ian - but one of the ex-pros would be good, perhaps they are waiting to surprise us with that one?

I am happy with Janette as presenter. I've been watching her on and off on 'Morning Live' and she is really good. I wonder if she has made this change thinking about the potential patter of tiny feet in the not too distant future?

I do hope that the rest of the ITT lives up to what has gone before and that I won't be doing what Zoe did and 'waltzing away from it' this year................... Shocked

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:38 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:I am happy with Janette as presenter.  I've been watching her on and off on 'Morning Live' and she is really good.  I wonder if she has made this change thinking about the potential patter of tiny feet in the not too distant future?
I read somewhere that Alijaz is in a different 'bubble' to Jeanette now that he's in training (pretty much as they were last year) so unless they know something we don't, or there's another immaculate conception, we have to wait and see!
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2021 ITT Show Presenters Empty Re: 2021 ITT Show and Presenters

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:20 am

lol! lol!

Perhaps more of a long term plan then........

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:32 pm

Neither Rylan nor Janette is the problem with ITT for me. It's the content and production.

If you watch a Claudia episode from years ago, or a Zoe episode from her first couple of years, there has been a huge change in the format. The off -amera laughing used be genuine, trying to hold back sniggers and snorts at one of Claud's funnies. Now it seems almost scripted in. And the presenter (whoever it is) now looks and gurns at the behind the camera crew everytime they make and introduction and applaud them on.

I will say I much preferred Waite's warm up with Zoe to Claud's pretending to be even worse than she probably is at dancing with The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman's Lessons (or whatever it was called). But even he has gone now.

Choreography Corner has morphed from a critique about the actual chorepgraphy, and how a pro might have used it to highlight their celeb's strength or mask their weaknesses, to being just another look back at the dance and performance. I was never Karen Harding's biggest fan (mainly because her 60's throwback but-not-in-a-stylish-way hair upset me) but she excelled at showing us the actual chorepgraphy and how it brought the dance into being. Chloe (who has seemed to have totally disappeared without notice or discussion) was also really good at this. Even the likes of Erin or Natalie, who I thought I could rely on to inform us about the aspects of choregraphy, are now just critiquing the performqnce.

And whilst the demos are actually both interesting and informative, that stupid shoe-horning 'it's Demo Time' awkwardly into the conversation is emabarassing; so many pros clearly forget and are half way out of their chair to show us what they mean when the presenter quickly interjects 'ooh - does that mean it's Demo Time.?...' It's toe-curling.

There are so many things that I could grump on about in the manner of the appropriately named little person who gives Snow White an early form of AirBnB, but there isn't much point. The relevant people aren't reading this, and even if they did, they wouldn't pay any attention.

I will tune in from time to time to keep a weather eye on it (I've watched Monday's one - Kevin's Corner was awful)) and I might watch the Friday Panel if they get anyone decent on (like the icon that is Marian Keyes*), but other than that... Madam has much better things to do with her precious time, thank you... (it's a while since I had a good flounce, so I feel it is timely to have one here and now; not one of my biggest ones, but just enough to make my feelings felt. My feather boa flung ostentatiously round my neck and my nose in the air as I march out of the room. That sort of level.)

*Did you know peoples... Marian Keyes was invited to take part in this year's Strictly? And she said NO...!! affraid affraid affraid My world has been truly shattered and I don't think I believe in Snow White and her Seven rescuers and other stories of that ilk any more. It's as if someone told me Father Christmas didn't exist... (Can you imagine?!!) My innocence and hope is now a thing of the past. I might even be all growed up...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

2021 ITT Show Presenters Empty Re ITT 2021 Show and Presenters

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:17 pm

Yes I totally agree about Choreography Corner Diamonds - I think the meaning of the word Choreography has been totally lost in relation to this segment and yes Kevin was not good at all. It was just a re-run of going through the performances again from Saturday night. I do enjoy certain pros doing Choreo Corner such as Erin, Nathalie, Jo Clifton - who does attempt to talk about different dance steps. I agree that none of them really focus enough on the Choreography and they always disagree with the what the judges have given the couples - but I think its quite good to hear the views of pros who have no connection with the dancers or the show any more. I really can't stand it when they bring in current dancers to do the segment. Anyway - it lost its way a long time ago.

I would rather see the celebs practicing for the next routine as we are used to getting with Waites Warm-Up but not sure if they are going to have a segment like this going forward. At the moment there are so many couples to get through that there is little room for any other features, although I must admit I do enjoy the features that they do later in the series when there aren't so many couples. Good idea also to have the show on a week earlier rather than just when the first couple is booted out.

The Jury's out at the moment but like you Diamonds, I'm not sure yet whether I'm going to be a regular viewer this year.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:38 pm

I watched 3 ITT shows back to back and needed a lie down.  I felt like I'd stumbled into a manic 5 year old's birthday party!

I liked:
I actually liked seeing Janette all dressed up in her sparkly dresses. Yes it is a bit OTT but as much as I loved Zoey's range of eye catching jumpers, there's only so much knitwear my eyes can tolerate.
I like that we have a professional dancer as a co-host who can ask in a bit more detail what is going well/not so well in training. My only concern is if Janette started to chat more with her fellow professionals leaving the celeb to play gooseberry.

Not so keen on:
The noise levels. Both presenters have obviously been told to ramp up the party atmosphere but I think it's unnecessary.
Make Friday night the party night ready for the main Saturday show.
Please make the Friday panel people who love Strictly, not wannabes,  or ego flashers just flogging their latest book. Why bother asking people onto the show who obviously don't know anything about dancing, and who don't contribute to the panel discussion.
Weekdays are a time for learning the nuts and bolts of dance, costume, song etc. I want to know some dance detail.
I'd like an interviewer that's sharp and knowledgeable, but calm - a bit more Michael Parkinson than Dame Edna.
I don't want to hear vacuous questions like 'was it alright for you?' how did you feel? how did you think it went? Now Janette's on board, use her expertise and ask something a bit more specific like, 'how did you get on with the Voltas in your Samba?

I like Rylan, but the show is not about him. He needs to be feeding the questions to the dancers and pros, not leaping about doing his impression of Kenny Everett and Hot Gossip. He doesn't have the knowledge or experience to be the senior presenter on a dance show.
Don't need to see training clips on the main Saturday show - or endless VTs of dancers nannas, dogs, children etc.

What I would like:
One slot in the series for the singers and another slot for The Band. I think it's pretty poor that they haven't been on the show in a couple of years.

Far more shows highlighting current training and some type of Waite's warm-up when he would give tips to help the dancers that week. There's too much rehashing what happened on the previous Saturday either in Choreography Corner or when the couples are interviewed.

I would like to see 2 professionals dance the key points of a particular dance each week, e.g. what to look for in the Quickstep, Waltz, Tango.
When are outside choreographers used? A particular dance like Vin cent and his A.Tangos, or for the Street dance stuff.

What are the categories for Couples Choice now? Has 'disco' been officially added? Will Bangra or Folk dance be making an appearance.
We've never seen any health support staff, for example, what are the commonest injuries, how are they dealt with?
Who is in charge of the Prop Cupboard (and is the green boa still locked safely away?).
I used to enjoy the short quiz questions with the pros, and looking round their homes.
What sort of food do the pros eat keep them trim?
It's a long time since the construction of dance shoes was shown.

I'll watch a few more shows to see how things settle down before deciding whether or not to exit stage left.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:37 pm

Im not sure yet re ITT for me Rylan is a no he just puts me off from watching.
The Gurns and forced laughter not to my liking re background staff, guests.
I too would rather see Karen H back as she did give us a good indepth critique and show & display of each couples routine.
A more indepth interview with a couple or two each week be better.
Id like to see The Friday Night Panel be more serious and a few questions answered by fans of the previous weeks routines.
ITT needs a few new formats either Learn a few steps with Alijax,
Costume Styles over the past series from Wardrobe a favourite Frock, Suit , Theme Couple to the least favourite and why?
Id like to see Musicality Corner and fans send in Themes, Sings for specific dances and a Pro Dancing Couple give their opinions on them.
We are never going to see Musical Director under the Spotlight thou it would be nice to see him squirm a bit!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

2021 ITT Show Presenters Empty Re: ITT Show and Presenters

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:05 pm

Good points B4P and Sax.

In the past the show has calmed down a bit after the first few weeks when it is so manic as they have all the couples to get through and little room for anything else so I'm hoping this will be the same this year and we will see some of what we want and some interesting features coming back. I agree that there is no need for them to pretend it's a 'party' as this is a spin-off show and essentially a chat show with features.

It would be interesting to see how the viewing figures have been for ITT over the last couple of years - it has never been as good since the Zoe/Rylan split IMO. I would think that most people who look at it regularly are the die hards like ourselves who want to get something a bit more and a bit extra than just re-hashing the weekend events and superficial interviews, after all that is why you watch a spin-off show. If it doesn't add anything to proceedings then I would think people will get bored and switch off.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:12 pm

I think Janette is an ideal addition to the show. Not sure about the sparkly dresses - she's not on the dance floor any more, but she has a lovely personality.  But please, please, please can't she do the full week.  Do we really have to put up with Rylan's ultra white teeth, false bonamie, and foul accent any more. I'm sure there are people in the North of England and in Scotland who can't understand a word he says. His is the equivalent of a thick Glasgow accent. If ever there was an argument for returning all presenters in the BBC to RP accents, then Rylan is it. Perhaps I'm also biased because of the way he treats his mother on Gogglebox. There's no sign of bonamie there. I feel really sorry for her. Quite frankly I can't understand how he got on television at all.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

2021 ITT Show Presenters Empty Re 2021 ITT Show and Presenters

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:44 pm

I agree Twirlie, I wish Janette could do every night. I've been watching her on some of the other shows that she's been doing recently and for me she's a natural presenter - I think she's definitely slipped into a potentially second successful career with this one.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:26 am

B4p wrote:
Weekdays are a time for learning the nuts and bolts of dance, costume, song etc. I want to know some dance detail.

So agree B4p. I stopped watching I.T.T long time ago. Too much caja de toros...
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

2021 ITT Show Presenters Empty Re: ITT 2021 Show and Presenters

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:49 pm

Struggling to find anything to post about ITT so far, although I haven't watched a Friday yet. I missed Tuesday night but quite enjoyed Jo Clifton on Monday. I'm really missing having something like Waites Warm-Up mid-week - perhaps they will introduce something after there are less couples to fit in. At the moment Wednesday night is just interviews with the couples the whole way through. Also too much regurgitation of the past week and not enough looking forward. Not much to make me watch really.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:47 pm

I have one small criticism of Janette. She needs to tone the clothes down a bit. That off-the-shoulder red dress she trots out is quite unsuitable for anything other than a quite formal occasion. She's tending to "outshine" her guests. It's a fairly casual show, tone things down a bit Janette.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:36 pm

Thought Flavia was excellent on Choreography Corner - really clear at explaining all the little technical faults.

I'd forgotten just how tiny she is, Rylan was towering over her!
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next