Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2021 ITT Show Presenters

+4
mauveangel09
jingle
saxonsiren
B4p
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2021 ITT Show Presenters - Page 2 Empty Re: 2021 ITT Show Presenters

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:01 am

jingle wrote:Thought Flavia was excellent on Choreography Corner - really clear at explaining all the little technical faults.

I'd forgotten just how tiny she is, Rylan was towering over her!

love F.lavia and I think she would make a great Judge too.
I hope F.lavia stays as the Choreographrt Corner presenter
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:24 pm

I've just caught up with a week of ITT and I have to say I was more than disappointed.

I have sharp hearing, but I'm finding it hard to catch some of Rylan's comments through his mumbling and estuary accents.

I didn't mind Janette's Salsa Masterclass, but I don't think it needed Ashleigh joining in, it was hardly rocket science.

Vicki Gill said 'it was all about the girls', but quite frankly when is it ever about the boy's outfits?

The camera that keeps sweeping across the ceiling was distracting. One minute you are looking at the presenters, the next all you can see is those test tube dangling ceiling lights!

I liked the An ton interview.

I liked Flavia's review, although I would prefer that she review the forthcoming week's training to give tips to the contestants like Ian used to do. There's no point a dancer doing a demo if she's covered head to toe in a voluminous dress. Impossible to watch her feet/legs to see the technique.

I think one day (Monday) is enough to review previous weeks dancing. Like all the professionals say, Monday is the start of a new week and a new dance. There's far too much time looking back over the previous week and rehashing what has already been on the main show. Even the interview questions are mostly about what happened last week.

All in all with the exception of An ton and Flavia the rest was a load of rehashed shallow drivel. I really hoped that with new presenters, ITT would be revamped. If anything, it's worse. I'll give it a few more days, but even as a mega Strictly fan, I'm getting ready to stop recording/watching ITT as my time is more valuable than the current airhead flannel being presented..
B4p
B4p

TANGOLERO likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:58 pm

It doesn't take two to switch it of B4P, just one.. Very Happy
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:06 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:It doesn't take two to switch it of B4P, just one.. Very Happy
I'm sad to say that I've just taken ITT off my record list.  I've rarely missed a programme, but I doubt I'll watch it again unless things dramatically improve. I'll continue to read other posters ITT comments with interest.
B4p
B4p

saxonsiren likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:35 pm

I stopped watching with Rylan and tbh not really got back into ITT.
It needs a new format and find a better style than endless whooping, silly VT's .
C.laudia loved her role at ITT and I liked Zoe too.
Maybe we could just do an Hour on Monday & Friday only with solid content, interviews and F.lavia for Choregraphy corner.
Janette just to tone things down and settle into role.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

TANGOLERO likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:55 pm

I just keep thinking - what a wasted opportunity.  Mad

An opportunity for a total revamp and new beginning lost.

It feels like it's gone from being upbeat and vibrant, to 30 minutes of just sifting through the cold left overs. The couples just repeat what's already been said on the main show (with the exception of the Monday voted out couple). Even the Friday night panel are re-hashed fans that have been on so many times before. I would prefer that the couples had more training time, not being shipped daily from training room to the ITT studio. Such a shame that the Strictly Tower elves aren't listening
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2021 ITT Show Presenters - Page 2 Empty Re 2021 ITT Show and Presenters

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:03 am

B4p wrote:
I'm sad to say that I've just taken ITT off my record list.  I've rarely missed a programme, but I doubt I'll watch it again unless things dramatically improve. I'll continue to read other posters ITT comments with interest.

I didn't watch it last week - I was really busy and whilst I would in the past have made time to watch the recordings I just didn't have the inclination. So I gave it a go last night. Watched the interview with Rhys and Nancy and thought they were making sense when Nancy said it was more a case of Rhys needing to be more softer with his moves, not necessarily slower. However, they then revealed that they would be doing the paso this week to War of the Worlds!!!! He then made some comment about paso being a bit like street dance in that there are a lot of isolation moves............Pplease!!!! I nearly turned off at that point but then found out it was Neil in Choreography Corner - that and Rylan was enough to get me turning off I'm afraid. I've never done that before and used to watch virtually every episode of ITT - as I mentioned a few weeks ago, it would be interesting to see if their ratings have gone down this year.

I think that Choreography Corner should always be done by an ex-pro - not someone with current connections to the show. Like you said before B4P - there is now too much regurgitating of the previous weekend rather than looking ahead. Janette is a decent show host but the whole thing is crying out for a Waites Warm-Up type feature mid-week. Not sure if they have incorporated many other features yet to intersperse with the interviews - which are the things I have enjoyed the most about the programme over the years.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:33 pm

Making allowances for the Covid attacks; If the producers of I.T.T. bothered to read the forums and take notice of what the dance public (as opposed to the Essex/Love Island budgerigars) want to watch every night, they might have a few more supporters. This applies also to themes and music choices. Just a view.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

saxonsiren likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:07 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:
I think that Choreography Corner should always be done by an ex-pro - not someone with current connections to the show.    Like you said before B4P - there is now too much regurgitating of the previous weekend rather than looking ahead.   Janette is a decent show host but the whole thing is crying out for a  Waites Warm-Up type feature mid-week.   Not sure if they have incorporated many other features yet to intersperse with the interviews - which are the things I have enjoyed the most about the programme over the years.

Totally agree - Ian's mid week critiques were always a highlight of ITT to me, and the show is poorer without it. Also agree about Choreography Corner - the one I've really liked so far has been Flavia, and that's because she didn't sugar-coat her comments, but explained the technical faults really well.

I still watch ITT every night, but it doesn't hold my interest the way it used to. The interviews feel much too rehearsed and the whole show has lost the spontaneity which it had with Claud, and to a lesser extent with Zoe.

I'd happily do without Rylan and keep Janette as main host, think she's doing a great job. But like you say Mauve, there's very few other features to the show, it seems to comprise interview after interview. I used to love the technical dance features (NOT demo time, oh how I dislike that!) as well as getting to know the pro dancers better.

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:47 pm

jingle wrote:Totally agree - Ian's mid week critiques were always a highlight of ITT to me, and the show is poorer without it. But like you say Mauve, there's very few other features to the show, it seems to comprise interview after interview. I used to love the technical dance features (NOT demo time, oh how I dislike that!) as well as getting to know the pro dancers better.
I prefer to call it 'dumbing down' time.

I think real dance fans want a lot more than just a quick demo of how to do a step back!

For example, John has Quickstep this week. A video of a professional could be shown demonstrating the key features of that particular dance like the pendulum etc. Let's see examples of a good frame versus a not so good one.
An ton mentions the fall away overstay and the feather step, the contra check. Let's see examples of them in a real dance situation.
Shirley mentions the Cuban break, the drunken sailors, the New Yorkers, the Turkish towel - let's see a clip of a cha-cha in motion where these are actually highlighted so that we know what the judges are looking for when they're talking technique.
I remember Flavia and Vin cent giving examples of ganchos, ochos, bicycles, the A frame lean all on one ITT show. It doesn't have to take that long but the movement details would be useful to the dance fans.

I would also like to know a bit more about the pros. I used to like looking around their flats or having the quizzes that told us more about them as every day people.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:05 pm

I really enjoyed ITT last night and I’m loving Rylan as a presenter. Maybe because I never watched xfactor or daytime TV so I only really saw him for the first time on celebrity master chef where he made fun of his own teeth. I think he’s a very natural presenter and has a gift for live TV. Jeanette will grow into the role but at the moment is too loud and in your face, I’m sure she’ll improve.

Last night’s show had interviews with the three finalists and a brief chat with all the returning c.elebs. Let’s hope they don’t regurgitate any of it tonight. I’m looking forward to the weakest link followed by the final. Then all I have to do is watch love actually and I’m ready for Christmas 🎄
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2