Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2020 ITT Show & Presenters

+5
TANGOLERO
saxonsiren
fiftynotout
jingle
diamondsandpearls
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

2020 ITT Show & Presenters Empty 2020 ITT Show & Presenters

Post  B4p Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:05 am

Will it be recorded VT's this year?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2020 ITT Show & Presenters Empty Re: 2020 ITT Show and Presenters

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:16 pm

I would think so - perhaps the odd couple or person in for a studio interview and lots of zoom and recorded stuff - actually I think it could work quite well for ITT.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

2020 ITT Show & Presenters Empty Re: 2020 ITT Show & Presenters

Post  B4p Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:48 pm

Looking forward to tonight's show. Maybe the celebs will get a slightly longer spot as they're less of them this year?
It will be interesting whether those toward the bottom or middle of the board will be featured first, before the throwing out starts next week.
Can't wait to see Ian Waite again. If he left the show, I wouldn't bother watching it anymore.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:28 am

Just managed to catch up on the ITT episodes for this week. I have to say that I am sooo pleased that Zoe has got the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday slots this year! These are the important nights for me - with Choreography Corner and Waite's Warm Up - totally agree with you B4P Ian is the highlight of the week. I think Rylan will be more suited to the shows at the end of the week and tbh these are the ones I often miss - particularly Friday as the one hour format at Friday tea time doesn't work for me and I'm not over keen on Gethin's style - anyway, it will be interesting to see how they adapt the show I assume the Friday panel will be virtual, if they keep it.

I haven't minded them announcing the dances and music for this Saturday as they go along because the Tuesday juke box item obviously can't happen this year - not that I'm sorry about that, in fact I think the restrictions will limit some of the more silly japes that were done on ITT last year.

I've enjoyed all the interviews thus far - it is funny isn't it, I was determined that I wasn't going to like Jamie Laing (and based on last week's dance and some of the training clips from this week - I don't think he is going to be a great dancer, although I will stand corrected if he improves........) but on ITT he came across well - I was killing myself with laughter when he was talking about the tight white trousers - and I thought he seemed a really nice guy - it was the same with his mate Spencer Matthews, we were determined we wouldn't like him on 'Celebrity Masterchef' but completely changed our minds.........there you are, it does teach me not to pre-judge! Shocked

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:50 pm

Again, we are as one Mauve.

I didn't think I would like Jamie, but find him quite funny and self-deprecating. But I feel as though Karen doesn't like him and he is aware of this. I am prepared to be proven wrong, but there is an awkward, uncomfortable edginess about they partnership which came across in that interview. She doesn't seem prepared to build him up a bit.

I would say he is a character who, though a bit larger than life, hides all his many insecurities behind that and is prbably not at all confident in his abilities. It is true that Oti was up front and honest about Bill's lack of technique, but they seem to have built up a relationship where banter and being honest can be taken without denting the confidence too much. I don't feel this is true of Karen and Jamie. I found it telling where Jamie said that it was wonderful that the pros have to work hard with their partners and pretend to like them... and then quickly added and vice versa... I just feel there is not a lot of genuine warmth and love between them in the way that there is with Caroline and Johannes, or Clara and Aljaz or JJ and Amy. I love Oti with Bill too, so wouldn't want her to be with anyone else, but I think Oti would have been better for Jamie's confidence. Actually, Dianne might have been a good fit for him too.

I do find the partnership dynamics fascinating!

And I'm also very much NOT missing the very irritating jukebox thing to announce the dances and tunes of each week.

I did enjoy Rylan in choregraphy corner, and I think I will miss Zoe on the Friday panel (assuming they have it)). Otherwise, I don't really care who does which day.

Gethin... Jury is still out. After all these years...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:31 pm

Only a half hour show for Friday!

But Friday panel present. Michelle Visage has transformed in a pretty good armchair pundit (and rocking an awesome Cruella de Ville look), Vixen from the Chase is an uber knowledgeable uber fan, and Gaby is just... (a bit too) nice.

Ranvir and Gio were on. And I'm beginning to think he is a very good teacher indeed. I think he is the kind of teacher who adjusts his approach according to his pupil, which is the best kind. I dread to think how stuck going nowhere very fast Ranvir wuld have been if partnered with A nton. She's not a china doll, but she's not a dancer with experience either and it seems Gio has understod how much to push her but als0 how much he needs to explain detail by detail. Ranvir seems to be thriving. I had dismissed after her lauch show performance as someone who gave it her all after a few glasses of presecco with the girls. Motsi seems to have been of a similar opinion (reading between the lines!) But she seems to be learning about performance as well as technique and I am impressed - her QS is looking pretty good. Dare I say it, I think she has more musicality than Nicola, so though Nicola''s feet may have been more twinkly and nifty inn the QS, I feel Ranvir's dance may be more... dancey, if you know what I mean.

Gethin was there. Totally distracted by realising that it is he who one of my colleagues reminds me of! Ever since I started working with him 20 months ago, I have been racking my brains... I knew it was a presenter, but just couldn't work it out. Ihave NO idea why the penny didn't drop last series. That's the inner workings of my brain for you...

And Rylan was fine with the Friday panel Very Happy
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:10 pm

I just caught up with tonight's ITT. I think Rylan did a good job.

Love Michelle Visage's hair and informed comments. She tells it straight and understands what goes on behind the scenes in the training rooms.
I like that Jenny from The Chase is a big fan. I thought she made some valid comments.
Gabby blessed the couples by sprinkling some 'good will' stardust

Training looks good for this week. They had 2 weeks to learn week 1 dances. It'll be interesting to see how they get on with only 1 week to learn the dance.
Ranvir has ramped things up a step and is certainly doing more footwork this week. I hope she can stay synchronised with Gio whilst she's trotting about tomorrow. They seem to be settling down as a couple much more this week.
Jason should do better this week. I think the dance will suit his natural rhythm. I think Luba completely missed the brief last week re the Smooth.
I thought Bill's training neck brace was hilarious. I hope he stays in for as long as possible.
I agree that Karen doesn't seem that enamoured with Jaimee. She looks exasperated then when the camera pans to her she comes up with some crumb of comfort 'well you finished strong......'
You always know when the celebs are having problems when the pros start coming out with 'we're having SO much fun'.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:58 pm

B4p wrote:I They seem to be settling down as a couple much more this week.

Settling down...??!!!  They are so settled down he had his hand clamped to her knee and they were wearing matching outfits.  The tabloids will have them in a fullblown tawdry affair tomorrow.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

I was really enjoying Michelle Visage until she very pas agg claimed Gio by telling Ranvir to call her for some tips on handling him... Razz  I'm Agin her again now - it's time to move on dear!

I think Bill should dance in the neck brace on the live show...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:55 pm

I hugely enjoyed Tuesday's ITT, everything seemed to click into place. Agree with Mauve, it's better to have Zoe for Mon-Wed, then Rylan can have Thurs and Fri.

I especially liked Jamie's interview, he just seems so naturally self-effacing in a very funny way, it's impossible not to like him. Based on personality alone I'd like to see him stay for a few weeks, though I do think he's got dance potential if Karen can coax it out of him. I also really enjoyed Neil's analysis of the dances, thought he was spot on and very informative.

All good stuff!
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:59 pm

Totally agree about Jamie. He has a lovely self-deprecating charm. I just feel Karen isn't the best choice of partner for him (or anyone really, let's face it). Although he is funny and is always poking fun at himself, there is clearly a bit of low self esteem lurking beneath it all and Karen needs to bolster and nurture him, rather than make fun back. He sticks up for himself, but I feel Amy's approach of always trying to sing her partner's praises would work better for Jamie..

Watched Waites warm up tonight. Ranvir still looking very promising, as is Bill. I am hoping Clara will break through with this Foxtrot - she looked good in training. And JJ continues to have good posture - let's hope he gets the feet and musicality right.

I dont give two hoots about the couples choice dances - especially The Simpsons one from Max and Dianne. The Gypsy one from Caroline and Johannes is knowingly going to be a real, luvvie, theatrical camp-fest and could either be riotous fun or a complete bore.

Nicola needs to stop screeching 'Im a dancer now' whenver there is a pause in proceedings and she clearly can't think what else to say. She's obviously naturally not a talker. Which is absolutely fine - Katya yips enough for two people. Nicola can just keep a dignified silence.

RV had now exceeded the international agreement of alotted Nan quota for Strictly. Three Nans is pure GREED. And what about all the poor old Grandads? Why are they being left out from all the love, appreciation and tears? I'll set up one of those online petitions - Rights for Grandads to Demonstrate Their Love to See Their Grandkids Dance on Strictly Too (The name and the acronym is too long, so it will just be called Strictly Grandads...)

Dianne's hair is still annoying.

diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:51 pm

I wish the training clips were longer. I know there's still a fair number to get through, but it doesn't give Ian the chance to give much of a critique. He's the dance expert. He should be given more time.

I'm not sure about choreography corner anymore. I thought the idea was for a dancer to discuss details of the other pros choreography, but the focus always seems to be on how the celebs coped with their pros choreography which is a different angle. If choreography corner is on a Monday and Tuesday, is it still needed by Wednesday when we looking ahead to the weekend?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:55 am

Friday Night Panel

Is it just me, or did Rylan pretty much ignore Karim's input on this week's Friday night panel? Rylan seemed to shut Karim down whenever he answered a question. Most of the time was spent asking the two women (not sure who they were) questions about the show.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:00 pm

Tuesday ITT

Nice to see Nadiya's smiling face, but I didn't find her input in Choreography Corner particularly illuminating. Basically all the celebs did very well.

I've decided I must have been watching a different Strictly last Saturday, I couldn't relate to Nicola and Katya's chat with Zoe at all.

is it me? pale
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:10 pm

B4p wrote:Tuesday ITT

Nice to see Nadiya's smiling face, but I didn't find her input in Choreography Corner particularly illuminating. Basically all the celebs did very well.

I've decided I must have been watching a different Strictly last Saturday, I couldn't relate to Nicola and Katya's chat with Zoe at all.

is it me?
pale

No. It's not you.

It feels very much like Nicola is being scripted and that Katya is trying to make her act much larger than life than she actually is. All that acreeching last week of 'I'm a DAAANNCER now!" and just repeating soundbites again and again about showing her softer side this week feels very false. I wish we could see the real Nicola, aho may be very quiet, shy and reserved - but that's ok.

I am wishing - yet again - that Nicola hadn't been partnered with Katya. I think Katya had huge hopes of amazing, groundbreaking choreography, but I don't think Nicola can cope with that (she's not a dancer just yet, though she's doing ok). Ican sense Katya's frustration - that jive was very pedestrian choreographically, particularly for Katya. Which suggests to me that Nicola needs more gentle tuition of getting to grips with the basics - like pointing her toes in a the jive - rather than all sorts of fancy choreo. I really don't think they are a good fit.

On the other hand... Caroline and Johannes could entertain us for hours, just sat together on the sofa. I think, even though she is a seasoned performer, Caroline does have performance issues when it comes to dancing (probably stemming from being told she wasn't very good when she did ballet as a child - that kind of thing sticks). She keeps saying she has no more to give, and she really believes that. She gives off much more energy when she is just riffing with Johannes, ie there is no voice in her head saying she isn't good enough, and making her her want to not draw too much attention to herself. But they are a fantastic partnership and an utter joy to listen to. I thought their demonstrationof how to do the children in need moves was the best we've seen - they really sold it together. I love them, and just wish Caroline could pull a bit more of her natural joi de vivre out of the bag when she is performing the louder dances.

As for Nadiya - I find her somehow very endearing. Like Bambi in a tight pink dress and very high heels. She is not very illuminating, but she is the sweetest person. And I loved her and Zoe doing the Children in Need dance and how they synchronised beautifully standing up from their seats! I feel a Zoe/Nadiya same sex partnership would have had better chemistry and charisma than Nicola and Katya...

Which is where we came in.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

2020 ITT Show & Presenters Empty Re: ITT 2020 Show and Presenters

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:30 pm

It's not you B4p! Very Happy

I wonder what kind of American Smooth they will come up with? I think Katya realizes that they've got to do something different - and that's what GBP want too. Talking about celebs staying within their comfort zone - how about Caroline and Johannes doing a waltz this week?? Rolling Eyes She will doing exactly the sort of dance that won't allow her to display the 'oomph' that we and all the judges want to see - and it is now week 4 and she still hasn't done a latin Evil or Very Mad

I thought Nadia looked lovely but I didn't find her comments very interesting at all in Choreography Corner! And a bit ironic that for me she is one of the least talented choreographers in the company (meeow!).

I agree your comments from last week B4P that Choreography Corner does seem to have lost its way a bit and is just turning into another critique of the couples. I quite enjoyed it when they first started having different people each week but I just feel it has become too diluted now.

I also feel that they shouldn't ask the 'spare' dancers to do it - they are too close to the pros and basically aren't going to want to be controversial and upset their mates in any way. It works much better when it is an ex-pro in the chair and someone 'once removed' from the current crop.

I enjoyed the interview with Ranvir and Gio last night - contrary to what I thought at the beginning of the series they are fastly becoming my favourites (along with Bill).

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:46 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:It's not you B4p! Very Happy

I wonder what kind of American Smooth they will come up with?   I think Katya realizes that they've got to do something different - and that's what GBP want too.    Talking about celebs staying within their comfort zone - how about Caroline and Johannes doing a waltz this week?? Rolling Eyes  She will doing exactly the sort of dance that won't allow her to display the 'oomph' that we and all the judges want to see -  and it is now week 4 and she still hasn't done a latin Evil or Very Mad

I thought Nadia looked lovely but I didn't find her comments very interesting at all in Choreography Corner!  And a bit ironic that for me she is one of the least talented choreographers in the company (meeow!).  

I agree your comments from last week B4P that Choreography Corner does seem to have lost its way a bit and is just turning into another critique of the couples. I quite enjoyed it when they first started having different people each week but I just feel it has become too diluted now.

I also feel that they shouldn't ask the 'spare' dancers to do it - they are too close to the pros and basically aren't going to want to be controversial and upset their mates in any way.   It works much better when it is an ex-pro in the chair and someone 'once removed' from the current crop.

I enjoyed the interview with Ranvir and Gio last night - contrary to what I thought at the beginning of the series they are fastly becoming my favourites (along with Bill).  

I'm never sure if Paso is latin (all that Spanish fervour and passion) or a ballroom. But even if it's not a latin, it's not a soft ballroom dance like the Waltz or AS. So out of three dances, Caroline has only done one soft ballroom dance, in week one. Then it was the Paso, which should have been all 'grrr' and oomphy, and on Saturday it was her Showbiz Couples thingy, which should have been oomphy and loud and brassy. I agree she failed in providing an oomphy performance, but she has only had one week out of three where she wasn't to be oomphy. I know you mean she needs to do a real latin dance, like cha cha ora jive, but I'm happy for her to have a respite from having to put on a big show and have a nice ballroom dance this week (has she got ballroom this week? I wasn't paying attention...)

What I personally want from Nicola and Katya is for them to dance a nice dance without trying to be out there and different. It should be just two people (irrespective of gender) doing a great routine to the dance they have got and the music they have been given. I don't want to see bells and whistles and gadgets and gizmos because they happen to be two women. I want a lovely old school AS. There are plenty of examples of that style of dance in the old fillums where all the dancers are females. Do one of them. Or there's footage of Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire doing a routine together when they were older. Or Gene Kelly doing a routine with Donald O'Connor. Or Gene Kelly and two other chaps I can't remember the name of... (one was with dustbin lids). Basically same sex dancing together isn't new and they need to get over themseves and just... choreograph a nice flipping AS!

What I want from Nicola is for her to show some lightness, some elegance, to lengthen her limbs and to really get some technique down. I don't want her descending from the ceiling on... well, anything at all (that's been done to death already this series), or waving fans around, throwing hats, twirling sticks or getting to grips with any other prop. I will allow a lamp post and that is it! I just want some lovely dancing in the manner of the AS.

I agree entirely about choreography corner - it stopped being about a choreography critique once karen Hardy stopped doing it. And as you say, it's very hard for current dancers to critique their friends, especiallya sweet, people pleasing Bambi like Nadiya (bless her Laboutin heels...)

And I also 100% agree about Ranvir and Gio. As you say, I certainly didn't see it coming, but Ranvir, along with Bill are my favourites too Smile I would be very happy to see both of them in the final.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:29 pm

I’ve always been a big fan of Katya. Good choreographer - remember that Seann Walsh tango and Ed Balls gangnam style? - and a true beauty. But I do feel she’s lost her way since she split up from Neil. Speaking as the mother of a thirty year old, I’m actually concerned for her. She seems extra hyper and, I know hair and make up isn’t the same with COVID, but she really wasn’t looking her best last night. I would like her to reign it all in a bit and go back to basics. Nicola has the stamina and the energy but lacks finesse. Whilst I’m enjoying the partnership, they are in danger of reaching a plateau and I, for one, would hate to see them leave just yet.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:52 pm

fiftynotout wrote:I’ve always been a big fan of Katya. Good choreographer - remember that Seann Walsh tango and Ed Balls gangnam style? - and a true beauty.  But I do feel she’s lost her way since she split up from Neil.  Speaking as the mother of a thirty year old, I’m actually concerned for her.  She seems extra hyper and, I know hair and make up isn’t the same with COVID, but she really wasn’t looking her best last night.  I would like her to reign it all in a bit and go back to basics.  Nicola has the stamina and the energy but lacks finesse.  Whilst I’m enjoying the partnership, they are in danger of reaching a plateau and I, for one, would hate to see them leave just yet.

Gangnam style??!!  Fifty, if it was anybody else saying that, they would be dead to me... It hurt my eyes and my very being and I have NEVER got over it.  It was utterly abominable and I have never felt the same about Katya since.  affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid

However, I agree with your observations about her general well-being.  She just always seems to be like a toddler who managed to find her way into the haribo tin and has scoffed down three whole packets in one sitting.  Utterly hyper and off her head.  A break up after a long relationship always takes its toll and it looks like she is finding it hard.  If Iwas a friend of hers I would suggest counselling.

And I totally agree with you about her need to get back to basics with Nicola.  How you put it - Nicola having the stamina but lacking the finesse - is it in a nutshell.  But I am not enjoying their partnership.  It seems a little forced and insincere - I don't get a good connection or rapport between them. Something a little... tense underlying it.  A bit how Faye was with Gio.

I have always felt that Nicola would have been better with another pro. Oti would have been my choice - though of course we would have been denied the joy that is Oti and Bill.  Karen was tipped to be Nicola's partner, but she just isn't creative enough and I don't feel she's a very good teacher. I think they thought Katya would be good because, as you say, she is very good at thinking outside the box choreographically, but I don't feel that Katya has understood either Nicola or what her challenges with the choreography actually are, but assumed she has to be fantastically out there and complex (which that jive absolutely wasn't - it was actually very pedestrian).

EDIT: If my typing was a dance it would be Gangnam Style - It's abysmal! Apologies to those who have already waded through them. I'm going to try and tidy them up now...

Last edited by diamondsandpearls on Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:59 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:
I'm never sure if Paso is latin (all that Spanish fervour and passion) or a ballroom.
I'm not a dancer, but I believe the Paso to be Latin, and the Tango to be Ballroom
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:46 pm

B4p wrote:
I'm not a dancer, but I believe the Paso to be Latin, and the Tango to be Ballroom

Yes, I thought that Paso WAS Latin (all that smouldering and stomping seems very latin to me) but Mauve mentioned Caroline needing to do a latin dance to take her out of her comfort zone, so I got confused.  (I think maybe Mauve was meaning a party latin dance, which would indeed test Caroline...)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:37 pm

I think Gethin the Gorm has done quite well over the past two nights. He's relatively relaxed. He knows the pros, celebs, band and singers from his roving reporter role. He's been a contestant so knows what it feels like to be on the studio sofa and on the dance floor being grilled by the judges.

It's a big role to step into with no run up like Rylan had shadowing Zoe. He just needs to listen a bit more than he talks when interviewing the guests. Good job so far I'd say.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:02 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

Yes, I thought that Paso WAS Latin (all that smouldering and stomping seems very latin to me) but Mauve mentioned Caroline needing to do a latin dance to take her out of her comfort zone, so I got confused.  (I think maybe Mauve was meaning a party latin dance, which would indeed test Caroline...)

Yes - I did mean one of the other latin dances which involve a totally different technique. In the 10 dance competition the Paso is classed under the latin section but doesn't sit in latin as regards its history as it originates from Spain and France with the other latin dances as you know hailing from America and/or the Caribbean/ Brazil and requiring a different technique.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:45 pm

Monday ITT

I felt sorry for Alijaz this evening not being able to give Jeanette a birthday hug. It must be so hard for everyone coping with the CO-vid rules, particularly those with young children
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:25 pm

As both Hubby and I are covid positive we can still hug, cough, feel hot and shakey together.
We just cannot see any friends or family.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:31 pm

I think Janette and Alijaz are in different 'bubbles' with their dance partners so they're living apart at the moment
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next