Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2022 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' Discussion Thread

+7
Twirlie
CaledonianCraig
jingle
Moova 12
mauveangel09
TANGOLERO
B4p
11 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

2022 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' Discussion Thread Empty 2022 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' Discussion Thread

Post  B4p Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:08 am

A place for all to safely share their views amongst fellow fans and friends.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2022 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' Discussion Thread Empty Re: 2022 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' Discussion Thread

Post  B4p Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:23 am

Belated birthday greetings Tango drunken
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2022 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' Discussion Thread Empty Thanks.

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:42 pm

B4p . I'll be here when the show starts. Hope everyuone is well. Very Happy
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

2022 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' Discussion Thread Empty Re: Tangos Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:56 pm

Hi Tango and Hi Everyone

Just wanted to say hello and happy posting to all of us Very Happy Very Happy cheers cheers

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

2022 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' Discussion Thread Empty Re: 2022 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' Discussion Thread

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:33 pm

Hi all. Watched the opener tonight but far to soon to do much else. Wild shot for the glittterball....Kay Adams.... lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:24 pm

We're away. Typical week one and quite entertaining. Far too soon to make comments, but a glimpse of who might make it or not. Watch out for Will Mellor and Helen Skelton. The marks are as nonsensical as ever, so I'll wait for next week to see which way we're going. Good to see Strictly back. Very Happy
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:23 pm

Hello All!

Quite an enjoyable opening show. Do like Vito, not sure on Carlo and the ladies.
Jowita did a very good job with Hamza.
Poor Katya has her work cut out as does Kai.
My beloved Gorka is teamed with Helen who does nothing for me at all! However, nice job.
Unfortunately most of the celebrities are total unknowns to me.
Always think 2nd week is the real who can do this and who can’t.

Did notice Vicki Gill had found a way to use up the faux leather aka PVC from last series with Jayde’s leggings.
She will be down the market for more!!!
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:44 am

Moova 12 wrote:Hello All!

Did notice Vicki Gill had found a way to use up the faux leather aka PVC  from last series with Jayde’s leggings.
She will be down the market for more!!!

I thought for a mad minute we were having blue boiler-suits, Moova.. lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

2022 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' Discussion Thread Empty Re: Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread 2022

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:43 pm

Hi all
I was toying with the idea of calling this post – ‘Trousers’ !! Rolling Eyes Why I should suddenly notice these is a mystery to me but I’m not sure who was in charge of the male costumes last night? Matt Goss’s trousers were so flappy and ill fitting it actually distracted me from the dance – I know the dancers need room to move but his looked ridiculous to me, whereas Tony Adams looked like he had been squeezed into something two sizes too small and which would rip off at any moment. Even Hamza’s were not a good look. On the female side the legs of Tess’s jumpsuit were dragging on the ground!!

Anyway, to the dancing……………. I agree with others that the first week is too early to pass much judgement on the standard (except for Molly who was just too good at that Samba – really wasn’t sure about Carlos however!) I always think about how long they have had to perfect the first dance and find that the 2nd week offering is more of a leveller.

Overall I really enjoyed the show, very entertaining and I loved the opening pro routine. Good to see Motsi and Shirley going for it and CRH with the trademark shimmy!
So many couples – are they back to full pre-COVID complement now? Thought I would confine myself to listing the couples who impressed me last night along with a few observations.

I liked Kym and Graziano – whilst the dance wasn’t that bouncy I felt the jive technique was good and she had some difficult bits dancing on the table, I liked it a lot. Whilst Kai and Kay got a bit slaughtered and she looked wooden with that po face that is so unnecessary in the Tango………I felt she did the steps well and had great posture, which is a positive for a non- dancer. I loved Richie and Gio - it just really made me smile and he was really going for it. Very impressed with Helen and Gorka. Will and Nancy were surprisingly good. Jovita and Hamza were great and already seem a good partnership – but sorry, the hair has to go or at least be cut a bit, most distracting and could get caught up in some dances. Lastly, I loved Johannes and Elley, I loved the costumes the flavour of the routine and it was nice to see a QS that wasn’t just a run around the floor.

A few observations:
Felt that Nadya had given Matt a QS that was just too fast for him. He does take himself a little seriously I think but I felt the routine was overly fast. It also seemed as though she was trying to do almost an identical QS to what she did as an opener with Dan Walker last year and to get that ‘wow – isn’t he good’ reaction but it didn’t quite work with Matt.

Thought A nton was strangely waspish with his comment to Matt about being an ‘unmade bed’ – not like him.

Once again, hard dances were chosen for the first night which I never agree with.

Someone stop Shirley giving standing ovations on the very first night!!! Leave them somewhere to go and I think it could be intimidating for those who don’t get one on the first night!

No change with Motsi - she really has to go. With respect it is a mystery to me what she is trying to say at times, ‘moving economically’ really?

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:45 pm

Hi Mauveangel. Glad you raised a few talk points, like Matt Goss's Wurzel Gummidge trousers (maybe that prompted A nton's "unmade bed" remark? ). Trying to be as honest as ever without causing too much offence, the unequal state of competetiveness (good word?) has never been the same since Tugboat Annie and co arrived and made the show " entertaining" and Shirley started bombarding everyone with "botafogos and Voltas" and Core deportment took the place of plain old Rhythm. As for hard dances so soon, you're so right. These are mainly non or first time dancers who need things as simple as possible. They don't learn to dance, they learn weekly routines that probably non of them will remember in a month and won't be able to remember a how to do a Cha-Cha or foxtrot at family weddings. Well, at least that's the intent we're told....

C raig's marking gets more ridiculous each series.....And then there's Motsi.... lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:35 pm

Hi all

Firstly, totally agree with comments re. wrong trousers, Hamza's hair, over-scoring, etc etc. I do yearn for the days of old, when week one comprised of either the waltz or the cha cha, and the judges comments were clearly based on technique and performance.  In contrast, Saturday's show felt like a bit of a muddle, with c.elebs being thrown into the deep end of jives and quicksteps, and the judges scores making no logical sense.

It's great to be back, but I'll admit the first show didn't really thrill me. Can't really put my finger on it, maybe that I'm unfamiliar with most of the c.elebs and most of my favourite pros have now left. Anyhow, I hope that I'll get into it more as the series progresses.

My initial favourites were Ellie T and Johannes - they seem to have a great partnership already, and she's definitely got potential. Just hope she calms down a bit in the post dance interview, too much screeching.  My other instant like was for Hamza and Jowita, even with the distracting hair. The only other couple I was positively afor were Helen and Gorka, I liked that she managed to smile all the way through her American smooth. She looks like she'll be a natural ballroom dancer, it'll be interesting to see her try latin.

On the negative side, I felt the Jayde and Karen pairing looks strained already. There's some obvious early exits there too, like Kaye and Kai (noooo...Kai's my favourite pro, I wanted him to get a ringer)  and Tony and Katya.

I'm guessing Fleur and Vito and Will and Nancy will be in it for the long haul, as well as Molly and Carlos. Time will tell...

Finally really hope this doesn't come across as disablist in any way, but I wish Strictly had found a pro partner who could be a better match for Ellie's height. I saw her being interviewed on breakfast TV, and she mentioned issues like the  stride lengths between her and Nikita. It's obvious that the mismatch is creating extra barriers for her on top of having to learn to dance, while I'm absolutely sure the BBC could've found a shorter pro partner.

Anyhow, it's good to be back, and great that Strictly has a full audience again (I can even forgive the mistimed clapping). And Blackpool too, yay!  Saturday felt like a bit of a slow start to me, but hopefully will heat up over the coming weeks. Not sure yet if I'll watch ITT, it all felt a bit too fluffy and scripted last year. I might give it a try this week,
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:27 pm

I had a hectic weekend so caught up with both the launch show and week one dances this morning.

My observations - well by some way the biggest dance disaster was Tony Adams. I really felt for him. He had an awful routine dumped on him. It was almost like a lets all laugh at Tony one with cringeworthy lyrics thrown into the song. It was like he was being fed to the lions.

Kaye Adams and Matt Goss both looked very nervous but thought both done passably okay and I really liked Matt's routine. As mentioned by others though why was he wearing trousers five sizes too big for him? I think he showed good potential.

My first moan of the series? Two same sex couples now? Hmmm.

Will Mellor's dance was he dance of the night for me. Loved how he coped with that tricky armography and his musical timing was great. Ideal music made for a party feel and the audience were bouncing - great to have a full house back in. Only downside of the dance was Motsi and Shirley acting like lovesick teenagers after the dance.

I loved the partnership of Ellie Taylor and Johannes Radebe and her dance was a big surprise. I really look forward to seeing more of them. Hamza Yassin was also a huge surprise. He led and moved so gracefully for a man of bulk - a really great effort. Liking the new pro Vito Coppola - carries himself very well and thought he and Fleur East done a great dance.

Rumours were abound about Helen Skelton's previous dance experience and it showed. An elegant and classy looking first dance with much polish (too much perhaps).

Other dancers to show potential were Kym Marsh, James Bye, Ellie Simmonds, and Molly Rainford.

Not too sure what to make of Richie Anderson. I like his enthusiasm but he is a little too in-your-face for me.

All-in-all many dances to like with a real dance disaster thrown in. Bring on next Saturday and being able to watch live.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:31 pm

Hi One and All!

I haven't read any other reviews yet so I dare say a lot of you will disagree with these rather random thoughts.

I enjoyed the opening show as well as the launch. My wife and I came home from a concert around 11.00pm. We decided to watch two or three contestants before bed, but we ended up watching the whole thing till 2.00am, as we couldn't drag ourselves away!

A mixed bag as usual at the beginning of a run although I though Cra.ig was a bit cruel handing out a couple of 4s at the beginning but 6s to most of the rest. I didn't think the first two were that bad. As to the panel handing out 8s and 9s....  well I think that is just ridiculous. No matter how good a performance is, it gives the couple nowhere to go to and I'm sure makes everyone else feel that they've got a mountain to climb!

Couldnt believe Molly Rainford's scores nor Motsi saying she was the best show of the night. She left us cold.  Mind you Motsi rambles and a lot of what she says makes no sense.

A 6 from Cra.ig for Kaye after those mistakes? What's that about? Another 6 for James Bye after more mistakes? What's he on?

Helen Skelton was excellent and deserved her marks, but 26 for Ellie Simmonds? I mean - she was OK, but 26? Surely not. Tony Adam's 15 though was entirely just.

Will Mellor - fabulous. Though I don't like to see high marks in the first show - he did deserve them. Ellie Taylor too, AND Hamza Yassim. I think Hamza was probably my favourite of the night, though it remains to be seen how he'll cope with Latin.

Fleur got reasonable scores  except for A.nton's 8. Unnecessary.

I haven't really thought out who I like and don't like yet, though Hamza seems a really pleasant chap!

OK I'm off to read other reviews now and I'm looking forward to next week. Is anyone taking bets on Tony Adams being the first to be voted off? Or is that too cruel.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:41 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
Only downside of the dance was Motsi and Shirley acting like lovesick teenagers after the dance.

It was at that point that I wished for the return of the Series 1 judging panel. Even Arlene was better than these two. L.en was totally grounded, B.runo hadn't disappeared into the fantasy stratosphere yet, and C.raig was still the vicious judge we've all come to love. His mellowing nature has added nothing to the show I don't think. The modern judging Panel are just too anodine for words. I thought A..nton would make a good replacement for L..en, but sadly - no, he's as bad as Motsi soometimes.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:32 pm

Having just seen Tony has a Charleston to My old man’s a dustman I am fearing the worst!
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:35 pm

My real issue with the judges is the total lack of constructive criticism. Shirley attempts it but if you are a non dancer it is often too technical. Motsi is waffle with en pointe thrown in at regular occasions. Housewives choice and the fabu-u-lus darling one are parodies. Oh for Ian Waite and his I want to see whatever.
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:43 pm

Hi everyone cheers
I've just been on retreat for a week, with very little signal on the remote island. I've now moved onto Arran, and look forward to catching up with the first two shows sometime later tomorrow and then starting the weekly scoreboards. Hopefully I'll be home in time for next Saturday's show, so service will be resumed ASAP.
Great to have Strictly back, and the chance to chat again.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:09 pm

[quote="jingle"]Hi all

Finally really hope this doesn't come across as disablist in any way, but I wish Strictly had found a pro partner who could be a better match for Ellie's height. I saw her being interviewed on breakfast TV, and she mentioned issues like the  stride lengths between her and Nikita. It's obvious that the mismatch is creating extra barriers for her on top of having to learn to dance, while I'm absolutely sure the BBC could've found a shorter pro partner. quote:

Glad you brought it up Jingle, because it needs to be addressed. A bad move by the Bubble Bath Club there. It has to be mentioned because of the unfairness to Ellie. Nikita was almost on his knees for most of the routine and the only fair way to judge Ellie's dancing without making it a gimmick(I believe that what Strictly is supposed to be about, is it not?) is to give her a partner reasonably near her height. Unfortunately, I believe the damage may already have been done. "Badly done indeed Emma" as Mr Knightly might say (he didn't really, just more T.V jargon mis-using Jane Austen). I hope there's a solution., perhaps a junior pro-dancer supervised by a show pro?
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

2022 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' Discussion Thread Empty Week 1

Post  B4p Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:48 am

At long last, I managed to watch week 1's dancing. I must say I enjoyed it a lot. I loved the opening pro dance too. Some late comments:

Kym & Graziano - Jive. I love their partnership and think they'll do well. It had a mixture of slow and faster sections that I like.

Tyler & Diane - A.Smooth. I feel it's a shame to do an American Smooth so early. For me, it's a show dance to highlight what the contestants have learned throughout the series. I didn't think the 'angel lift' did anything to enhance the dance.

Jade & Karen - Samba. I'm not sure we needed two sets of same sex partners. I didn't realise how tall Jade was. Was that why she was wearing flat shoes? I agreed with Cr aig that she seemed very flat footed but again, maybe that was the shoes. She certainly seems to be a 'larger than life' character.

Kay & Kai - Tango. The poor woman looked completely out of her comfort zone and terrified. It looked like he was dragging her round a bit but maybe she just froze.

James & Amy - Jive. I've forgotten the routine already. I think Shirley mentioned lots of mistakes and I think he also froze into standing still a couple of times?

Richie & Gio - Cha-Cha. I know Richie can be 'in yer face' but this actually made me smile. The two of them seem to be having so much fun it's infectious. He put on a great performance.

Helen & Gorka - A.Smooth. I thought this was elegant and I liked the combination of low lifts that Gorka devised.

Molly & Carlos - Samba. Very complex and varied choreography, particularly for week 1. I don't think he's going to dumb anything down for her.

Matt & Nadiya - Quickstep. He reminds me of Jason Donovan from his measured and thoughtful approach. A decent routine but I think he was lapsing into freestyle in parts. He's been on Strictly before, so I was surprised that he seemed to be struggling as much as he did.

Ellie S & Nikita - Cha-Cha. Poor Nikita's back is going to be wrecked unless he starts adding a few lifts when allowed. I think she showed sass, neat feet and some in-time rhythm.

Tony & Katya - Tango. Not an easy dance on the first night. He looked overwhelmed. I felt uncomfortable watching his valiant efforts to try to dance whilst walking through glue.

Will & Nancy - Jive. When I heard that Will had been partnered with Nancy, my heart dropped. I've always liked Will, and wasn't impressed by Nancy's choreography last year BUT Wow! Nancy did a great routine. They danced well as a pair, and I LOVED the dance and his attitude. As Kevin used to say, you have to commit, or you will end up just looking stupid! Will's my favourite so far.

Ellie T & Johannes - Quickstep. I enjoyed this. It looks like these two are also having fun. Elegant and recognisable as a QS.

Hamza & Jovita - Foxtrot. Nice choreography. Hamza was very light on his feet, and steered her well around the floor. The dance looked good, but I was distracted by his floor length hair, which must be a potential safety hazard for some dances. I was worried he'd trip, or step back on it, or whack Jovita in the face. Jovita seems lovely.

Fleur & Vito - Cha-Cha. Very powerful. A 'full steam ahead, take no prisoners', dance that seemed almost aggressive rather than the more usual 'cheeky and playful' Cha-Cha. Those two seem to have gelled well together.

Well there are many contestants with potential, quite a few that seem competitive, and the new pros have changed the overall vibe of the pro dances. Their new choreography ideas will be interesting. I felt a bit sorry for the ones who danced first, as the scores increased as time passed. I also thought it was bad manners for Dave Arch and the singers not to get a mention until after the 11th couple had danced.

I'm very much looking forward to Saturday's Week 2 dances. Hopefully I'll be home by then, and able to chill in front of the log burner
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:46 pm

B4p wrote:

Matt & Nadiya - Quickstep. He reminds me of Jason Donovan from his measured and thoughtful approach. A decent routine but I think he was lapsing into freestyle in parts. He's been on Strictly before, so I was surprised that he seemed to be struggling as much as he did.

Oh, I had exactly the same thought B4P. Matt's slow and analytical way of speaking reminded me so much of Jason.

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:40 pm

Going to do a rewatch in the morning before posting my thoughts. Just two things to say this evening though - firstly, big Happy Birthday to our CC! king
And secondly, great to see Diamonds back on the forum cheers
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:54 pm

Week 2 comments.

Don't know about Jason Donovan, but Matt G sure didn't remind me of John Travolta. Always a shame someone has to go out early in the show, but that the name of the game and he's a candidate right now. Tony Adams was much improved after a poor start but I think it's one of those two for an early bath. Will Mellor has a memory blank but managed to ride over it by keeping dancing. I'm sure he'll improve because he dances well and that's what we want (surely?)

For me, James and Amy's tango was decent if somewhat jerky, but it's a dance of passion not just a memory exercise, so look at Amy occasionally James, indeed concentrate on her. Staccato is a whiplash effect, but doesn't mean stiff.

Ellie and Nikita. Waltz. This was a little like a scene from a film; both of them did a waltz but keeping the halves together can't be easy. They did so very well, but the marking is a bit of a mystery this early. 7,8,7,8. 30.

Helen Skel and Gorka. Cha-cha. These two are a dream couple looks wise and perfectly matched. Helen mastered a fast cha-cha very well and C raig's 5 as ever caused a headshake from me. She's a beginner man. 5,7,7,8. 27.

Ellie Taylor and Johannes, Paso Doble. So many things wrong with this. The music, although from Bizet’s Carmen, was way too fast to let a paso show its elegance and tell the story of the Corida. . Johannes is a marvelous dancer but again, the music took away his elegance and put him in a race and Elli could only go where he led.. A waste of a good dance because of poor music choice. Had I been asked to guess what it was from the dance I might have guessed at Benny Hill’s theme music. I think the marks told the story, Johannes getting a 5 from Shirley. 4,7.5.7. 23

Richie and Giovani. Quickstep. Full credit to Giovani for a clever choreography number that both entertained and impressed. It had a real 1930/30 feel and Gio telling Richie to watch Fred Astaire films was such good advice. T was fun and well done that male with male seemed no more than a throwback to the great Clark Brothers and their ilk. Fully deserving of the high marks even ignoring the disastrous cartwheel. 8.8.8.8. 32. (What on earth are “trenches” in ballroom, A nton ?

Fluer East and Vito. Viennese Waltz. Nice, but not special for me. Marks again a bit baffling with Shirley on 6. 7.8.6.7. 28

Kaye Adans and Kai, a somewhat unspectacular Charlston that drew 4,6,6,6, 22 from the judges.

I’ll finish the rest tomorrow as it’s 10-45 here and bed is calling...

Tango.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:40 am

Well hello again. It's week two already!

Another mixed bag. I didn't always agree with the judges but what's new!

Will and Nancy - Samba
Where have last week's supple hips gone? He's strong but a bit stiff this week. Dad-dancing reared its ugly head too. I have given them all 6s.

James and Amy - Tango
Didn't really do it for me. I found it a bit boring and not choreographically exciting in any way.
Scores were fair except for A.nton who over scored as usual.

Ellie S and Nikita - Waltz
Very enjoyable and very beautiful. Loads of rise and fall. Much more elegant than I expected. She deserves her marks.

Helen and Gorka - Cha Cha Cha
A great opening but sadly it didn't last. Too many bent legs. She did give it a good go though. I enjoy watching her. A.nton is ridiculous. Sixes and sevens would be more realistic.

Tony and Katya - Charleston
Surprisingly enjoyable - good fun. This dance was made for him and Katya choreographed it exactly for her partner's needs as she always does. Have a bit of D.ick Van Dyke , Tony!  A good ending. She's strong, that lassie.

Ellie T and Johannes - Paso doble
I'm with C.raig. I didn't like it much either. I thought it was a bit drab. It certainly didn't match the music. Motsi and A.nton over marked I thought.

Richie and Giovanni - Quickstep
Very elegant, crisp, and these two are a great pairing. It was excellent all the way through to the end. Only the cartwheel was less than perfect. It deserved it's scores.   I'm just surprised there wasn't a 9 in there. ("Trenches" are what they did at the end when they went back up onto the raised stage kicking legs behind them. It's more of a show step than ballroom. Shades of the Tiller Girls.)

Fleur and Vito - Viennese Waltz
Smooth, gentle, very lyrical but also with an element of story telling. I enjoyed it very much. I didn't see any faults but then again I'm not a dancer so I wouldn't.

Kaye and Kai - Charleston
It was a decent it attempt but didn't quite come off. She had reasonable characterisation though. Scores were fare.

Hamza and Jowita - Jive
I was unsure about this dance. It seemed to come and go rather as C.raig and Shirley said. It didn't really flow. C.raigs 4 was rather low I thought.

Kym and Graziano - Viennese Waltz
I thought this was excellent. It was clever choreography to avoid her sickness on too much spinning. It was so graceful and beautiful. Reasonable scores.

Matt and Nadya - Samba
His arms and legs seemed a bit wishy-washy - waving all over the place. Mind you I found it hard to watch him constantly as I couldn't take my eyes of Nadya's tiny bottom. She reminded me of "Daryl Hannah in Splash" in that frizzy wig. (I have to confess, I watched the number twice just to watch Nadya. Do you remember when William and Catherine Middleton married there was a Facebook page created for Pippa Middleton's bottom. Maybe we should do the same for Nadya's!)

Tyler and Diane-Jive
I love this, it had great choreography. Diane takes no prisoners does she? Team Tie-Dye (how do you spell it?) are a wonderful combination. I'm surprised no one gave them a 9.

Jayde and Karen - Tango
This was pretty good. It was sharp, with good story telling. This is turning out to be a super partnership. I thought the scores were really mean. I thought that they would be much better.

Molly and Carlos - Quickstep
This was good, it was fun, there was loads to like. They deserve the scores.

So. Who is going to go tomorrow? Matt and Kaye and Tony seem to be in the danger zone. James too perhaps. I don't see any of the others being in too much danger, but of course you never know. Tony and Matt are my favourites for the dance off with Tony going.

I'll go off now and see what everyone else has written about the show.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:51 am

jingle wrote:Going to do a rewatch in the morning before posting my thoughts. Just two things to say this evening though - firstly, big Happy Birthday to our CC! king
And secondly, great to see Diamonds back on the forum cheers

Thanks jingle. I would like to say I had a great day but that is difficult when self-isolating with COVID-19. Enjoyed my Strictly fix though.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:30 am

Okay so here are my thoughts on the dances:-

Will and Nancy (Samba): He had pretty good hip action I thought and some nice steps at times but there were also clear errors but he is going nowhere soon. A 6 from me.

James and Amy (Tango): I liked the routine but feel he had issues with his frame and balance issues also some posture issues but there is something to Amy to work on as he has good rhythm and musicality. A 6 from me.

Ellie S. and Nikita (Waltz): This was a dance that was very easy on the eye and she looked very comfortable. Elegant and just a few tweaks here and there and would have been excellent. A 7.5 from me.

Helen and Gorka (Cha Cha): This had a nice flow to it and she handled the steps well. Another solid performance. Fair point made by C.raig about her technique but did not like the way he was shouted down for it. Criticism not allowed? A 7.5 from me.

Tony and Katya (Charleston): A dance that suited him very well and he got the character of the dance spot on. Much better than last week's dance disaaaaster and really enjoyed seeing him enjoy it and have a good time. A 6 from me.

Ellie T and Johannes (Paso Doble): I liked the opening and felt she did pretty well. She kept a very good posture and thought her characterisation was quite good. I felt the judges were harsh with her and she was undermarked. A 7 from me.

Richie and Giovanni (Quickstep): Although I find Richie annoying thus far I thought this was the dance of the night. Really enjoyed the routine, the feel of the dance and his timing and technique was pretty much spot on. An 8 from me.

Fleur and Vito (Viennese Waltz): A pretty good effort this. Just needs work done on posture here and there as her shoulders were rising up early on I thought. Enjoyable. A 7 from me.

Kaye and Kai (Charleston): Pretty sluggish I thought. Not a lot of swivel to it but it did end pretty well in fairness. A 6 from me.

Hamza and Jowita (Jive): A dance I felt he would struggle with but in fairness to him I thought he did quite well. There was faffing at the start but he coped well with most of the routine and maintained the pace. A 6.5 from me.

Kym and Graziano (Viennese Waltz): A nice routine which I thought she danced very well aside from one or two posture issues. Definitely has potential. A 7 from me.

Matt and Nadiya (Samba): This one grated with me. For me it had a messy start and was spikey with no flow to it. His technique was off in most that he done and had balance issues. The only decent part came right at the end. C.raig's mark (4) was far closer to reality whilst the other three gushed over it. A 5 from me. Overmarked. Sorry if this appears harsh.

Tyler and Diane (Jive): Hmmm I must have watched a different dance to the judges as at the start he had shoulders right up and his kicks (for me) lacked retraction but he sold the dance well. Not bad. A 6.5 from me. Overmarked.

Jayde and Karen (Tango): Another one where I disagreed with the judges. For me her facial expressions were off-putting and there was not a lot of dance content from her where she mainly stomped around with Karen offering the dance steps. A 5.5 from me. Overmarked.

Molly and Carlos (Quickstep): A very good effort this. She had great rhythm and her steps were great too. I really enjoyed this. An 8 from me.

Over the two weeks the dance-off surely has to be between one of Tony Adams, Kaye Adams or Matt Goss.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next