Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strictly Books

+33
Poppetlovestango
jingle
saxonsiren
Lucielle
LOST-TANGO
lualen
2toTango
bluecat
salsarae
Kytiara
Toby Jugg
Admin
ewoodie
Alder
David Tee
ladycat
sparklysheila
133-230-44039-18180-800
Pat Shed
MrsArcanum
TompsHB
Mila
fkaIgor *LT*
Mslightfoot
TANGOLERO
allsewnonbyhand
Sid
Lilypad
fiftynotout
Frankie Spence
bomum
Sofajudge
Pink Pinot Girl
37 posters

Page 40 of 43 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

Go down

Strictly Books - Page 40 Empty Re: Strictly Books

Post  jingle Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:46 pm

saxonsiren wrote:February I think will continue with Life Of Pi!!

Am relieved that you haven't read Life of Pi yet either Sax, good idea to carry it over to February. Hope that's OK with Salsa and Maya (and Allsewn too if she's reading it?).
I got about half a dozen books for xmas....all vegetable growing guides! Haven't read a 'proper' book since before xmas...must get back into the habit.

Have you made any inroads into Wolf Hall Sax?
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:54 am

Hi Jingle!!! I haven't opened my Wolf Hall yet!!! As when I do Ill want too concerntrate on that & nothing else!! We have a five day break booed in April chosen a lodge in the Forest of Dean!!! I shall enjoy the book then!!!
Im almost thinking of re reading Dark Fire as loved that book!!
Hope your vegatable plot goes well.Miss our chats¡

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:49 pm

I have the book! The Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out Of The Window & Disappeared!!! Life Of Pi still waiting on!!!!Shall read 100 old man book & review too.Have to keep practising review writing

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:34 am

I have the book Life of Pi! A serious reading session is required so I can review before end of Feb!!
Also have The 100 year old man who climbed out of a window & disappeared!!! Think after LoP its Jingles choice then mine?? It might be a slow start to the book club this year however we still function Very Happy & thats fantastic!All welcome & any reviews of other books welcome! Just add review to new topic!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:19 pm

Enjoying the books LoP & The Hundred Year old man!!! Then April Wolf Hall for the cottage in Forest of Dean!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:08 pm

Almost at end of LoP & 100 year old man!!! both books challenging!!! Wolf Hall is calling me!!! April week in cottage will be wonderful time to read! Will work on reviews. Hope all enjoying books any kind!! The book club been a wonderful group & hopefully we will continue

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:59 pm

Will be interested to hear what you thought about 100 year old man Sax - I loved it, though OH wasn't that keen.
Have to confess I haven't even started Life of Pi yet Embarassed Just can't seem to get motivated to do much at the moment, other than eating circular baked items which rhyme with rake (there really is no way to dodge that particular word ambush is there!).

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:16 pm

Ooh loonytoad quack!!!! Im on lent & its no meat,no alcohol so Im really wanting loonytoad quack!!! Loved 100 year old man Very Happy .It took me ages to get into book reading again!!! I know how you feel re its a struggle!!! Still its worth a wait for a review Very Happy We could review 100 year old man!!! My Wolf Hall so thick it looks menacing at me as if to say " Go on pick me up if you dare!!!!! Think a comedy might work for me Jenny Eclair's,life chocolate & vanilla slices!!!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:18 am

Im having withdrawal symptons of decent books so thinking of re reading Dissolutions again!!! Or break out Wolf Hall before the holiday!!!! Finished lop & 100 yr old man!!!
Oh they are making a film of the book The Host by Stephanie Meyer excellent read btw seeing the clips Im not sure it will do it justice!?

Any suggestikns for a good book? Very Happy

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:54 pm

I haven't managed to read a single book this year Crying or Very sad Work a bit frantic at the moment, and have got into the bad habit of sprawling in front of the TV when I get home. Not sure about suggestions Sax - I just wish there was a new Shardlake or something like that!

When's your holiday Sax?
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:42 pm

Hi Jingle

Going on 13th April to Forest of Dean Parkend village!!! Two pubs in village! Straight outside the back gate onto a walk in the woods!! Has a real fire! Looking forward to relaxing & reading!!! I do wish another Shardlake book was commissoned!!! His book Winter In Madrid a good read!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:50 am

Very Happy Ordered my copy of Amity & Sorrow! I shall take this with me to Forest of Dean cottage!!! Also have a Jenny Eclair's book.

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:39 am

My Amity and Sorrow was dispatched a few days ago - hopefully arrive tomorrow.

Not long till your cottage holiday Sax, hope the weather warms up for you. We've still got snow in our back garden (the same snow from a couple of weeks ago, hasn't rained since then and isn't warm enough to melt it!)
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:11 pm

Very Happy Mine was dispatched yesterday too!! Its the hard back cover version(hope its not too heavy) Im looking forward to reading it! Yes next Saturday we go!!Nice walks,a few pub meals & drinks & lazy afternoons reading! Still some snow in surrounding countryside!We have had two days of sunshine on the trot!! Sacre Bleu is it Spring? Our god daughter has moved to Bangor she is advising its quite chilly!Due her first baby midMay!! Hoping to go over in September to see them!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:46 pm

My book arrived yesterday! Looks good so far & for a hardback not that heavy!!!Bedtime reading not going to be arm tiring! Very Happy

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:11 pm

Sax wrote:My book arrived yesterday! Looks good so far & for a hardback not that heavy!!!Bedtime reading not going to be arm tiring!

Laughing Snap! Mine arrived yesterday too. Will start on it this weekend (in between the Formula 1). Hopefully will have it finished and reviewed by the time you're back from your holiday Sax.

Btw, that's great news about your son, I'm sure it's a weight lifted I love you

Last edited by jingle on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Top of page)
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:16 pm

It is just the final test to go!!! Taking my book with me on Saturday so hopefully get a good start!!! Its a good sized print so think my mom may enjoy it too!!!
Amazed with free delivery from Amazon & took 2 days!!!!
Very Happy

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:42 pm

Ive finished Amity & Sorrow Very Happy I will write review over weekend

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue May 07, 2013 8:16 pm

Just been to my first "live book club!" 10 people there in cafe-2 new including me! Seems a very chatty group about anthing but the book!!! Did start asvising going of on tangents! I did bump in with how does the book club work? No scoring out of ten! & an ad hoc basis who chooses the book.Book I misssed now have copy Driving Over Lemons!! The next book is The Dinner to read!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri May 10, 2013 5:32 pm

My book from the local book club is called The Dinner! Two couples go out for dinner each week socially & then their teenage sons get into trouble! A crime committed.The dinner now takes on a how to help our sons & reveals hidden secrets!! So have my copy from Amazon & going to read.

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri May 10, 2013 9:57 pm

Glad you enjoyed your 'real-life' book club Sax! If you want, I could read The Dinner at the same time? I looked at the write-up on Amazon, looks intriguing.

ps I got my money back on Amity and Sorrow, so it turned out to be a free read! (with your help of course in filling in the blanks)

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri May 10, 2013 10:31 pm

Very Happy Jingle that would be fantastic if you read The Dinner too!!! It sounds ok the write up! I also brought the oneThe unlikely pilgramgage of Harold Fry!!! Looks surreal!!!
The book club meet in the owners cafe two huge teapots of tea given! They don't do scoring out of 10 however the leader seemed interested in doing this!!

A good weekend FA Cup & the Grand Prix!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:46 pm

Ive finished The Dinner (May book club) & June book The Unlikely Pilgramage Of Harold Fry! I loved the latter book!!! I have just received The White Queen, The Kingmakers Daughter,& Death Comes To Pemberly, to go with Wolf Hall & Bring Up The Bodies for my months holiday read!!! Phew
Fantastic second book club meeting!! & After next one in Augest for me out for a curry after!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:43 pm

Will be interested in your thoughts on Death comes to Pemberly Sax. I read it about a year ago - it definitely helps if you're familiar with the Pride and Prejudice story (which I wasn't).   Sounds like you've got a LOT of reading to take on holiday!!  Glad the book club is going well - 'fraid I didn't manage to read the Dinner, really busy at work atm and brain a bit scrambled. 

Soooo jealous of you and your month long holiday, not long to go now, lucky thing!
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:30 pm

Hi Jingle

Its almost upon me the months holiday! Ive brought new clothes & books!!! So hope sun shines a bit!!! Looking forward to the mid pyranees region!! Not so much to crossing the Bay Of Bisque! You didn't missmuch re the book The Dinner!! Ive just finished Junes book Unlikely Pilgramage Of Harold Fry I would seriously recommend this book Smile Hope work geys lesd frantic! Soon be time for strawberries & cream & new balls please! Wimbledon!!!!
Will Nadel come back to win!Will Murray make the final again!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 43 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next